Discussion of the New Moon Movie

Moderator: bac

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
xxxDarkMoonxxx
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Re: Worried about the New Moon movie?

Post by xxxDarkMoonxxx »

^^^That was pretty much my case to. I really didn't start comparing the movie to the book until i skimmed through the book and found and realized that so many significant things were missing. Like i would have really enjoyed hearing about Carlisle's story and how i missed that they didn't mention that Jasper had a gift also. It makes me wonder if they'll ever mention Jasper's gift or if they'll also skimp on the other characters stories? I really hope not. I really am putting alot of faith in the directors of the next films, because i really don't trust that Melissa woman.

However, when i go see New Moon in theatre i'm really going to try to do what i did while watching Twilight. Have no expectations and to not compare the movie to the book while watching the film.
n0vaice
I'm A Proud Twilight Guy
Location: On a beach, half dipped in a beautiful blue sea, under the summer rain. Waiting for YOU to kiss me.

Post by n0vaice »

I hope they don't wreck it!
Twilight(movie) was bearable
but still unmatched by Twilight(book)

I just hope they stick to the book as much as possible.
ÖBLF = GennyÖ∩WA∩ΦMed StudentΦÜHanny's grand frere܃ Karl Valentino Brassi ~ Mafiaƒ
ΘSami, Rose, Fatima, Raven and Mimi are my Twi-GirlsΘΩTetrarch of LexicalliaΩ
navarre
Finding Stuff in Billy's Trunk

Post by navarre »

The Dark Knight wrote:
candybabe1012 wrote:Well honestly they kind of have to crank them out... because like 1/2 the cast isnt supposed to age... so if they waited a few years between them like they did with the Potters... it would look bad!
Theother worry is if one of them get's hurt or heaven forbid get killed...they have to move them along...The main charater in Kindred the Embrace was killed between season 1 & 2...that kill that TV series...
I remember that. Kindred was my fave show in the nineties. Frankel was his last name. A well put together story and I loved the covens and what the names stood for and the power each possessed. It got real bad the last two episodes, though, before he was killed. Tragic.
Paranormal/Romance/Adventure Addict
rjupiter
Learning to Love Green

Post by rjupiter »

yeah I was surprised that they are filming NW and Eclipse at the same time. I don't know how well that can work. has me worried at the movies quality.
Bastet

Post by Bastet »

actually they are not... they are starting filming eclipse in august and during the autumn.
join the dark side, we have cookies :)

The Dark Knight
Touched By Cold Hands

Post by The Dark Knight »

navarre wrote:
The Dark Knight wrote:
candybabe1012 wrote:Well honestly they kind of have to crank them out... because like 1/2 the cast isnt supposed to age... so if they waited a few years between them like they did with the Potters... it would look bad!
Theother worry is if one of them get's hurt or heaven forbid get killed...they have to move them along...The main charater in Kindred the Embrace was killed between season 1 & 2...that kill that TV series...
I remember that. Kindred was my fave show in the nineties. Frankel was his last name. A well put together story and I loved the covens and what the names stood for and the power each possessed. It got real bad the last two episodes, though, before he was killed. Tragic.
it would be wicked if they started that over again with the new city being New Orleans...help that ecomomy come back and they back drop is perfect...what do you think?

"Peaces is not the absence of war, but the presence of justice."
DramaPrincezz013
Wrestling With Emmett
Location: Bouncing back and forth between Forks and Mystic Falls

Post by DramaPrincezz013 »

rjupiter wrote:yeah I was surprised that they are filming NW and Eclipse at the same time. I don't know how well that can work. has me worried at the movies quality.
At first I was like, huh??? What the heck is NW? Then I'm like OH must be a typo. She must have meant NM.
But if it was NW then it would be, what, New Woon? He he thats fun to say. :D

NEW WOOOOOOONNNNN! :lol: :roll:
The ListV2~Apple::::Mafia~Eva DiMarco::::On bunches of teams!
"You're the closest to heaven that I'll ever be, and I don't wanna go home right now." </3
vivian_ws
Settled in Forks

Post by vivian_ws »

Im not watching this movie.. i read an early draft of the script and unless they changed it im not going to bother.. there is no plane ride home, no marriage proposal at the end of new moon and the bedroom scene when he explains why he left and how much he cares for her was butchered.. they have a total of 5 or 6 lines and its rushed.. when he leans in to kiss her he asks her if she found someone and instead in the movie they have charlie rush in the room to ask her how she's doing.. I REALLY REALLY hope this is not the real script or they changed ALOT of it.. even the vote scene at the end at edwards house was changed. in the movie he leaves the house instead of breaking something in the house.. i can't believe stephanie would let them change the story soooo much like that. if they use the same screenwritter for the next too movies im giving up on even caring to watch them. she will RUIN the movies just like she did twilight and now she's doing it again with NEW MOON.
rjupiter
Learning to Love Green

Post by rjupiter »

Bastet wrote:actually they are not... they are starting filming eclipse in august and during the autumn.
oh ok, must have heard that wrong, thanks.

DramaPrincezz013 wrote: At first I was like, huh??? What the heck is NW? Then I'm like OH must be a typo. She must have meant NM.
But if it was NW then it would be, what, New Woon? He he thats fun to say. :D

NEW WOOOOOOONNNNN! :lol: :roll:
yeah sorry about that it was late, for me, and I am slightly dyslexic so i tend mix up letters/words.
xxxDarkMoonxxx

Post by xxxDarkMoonxxx »

I read on a New Moon blog--and i can't say that this information is true or not, but it's fun to speculate--that the end Ultimatum scene between Edward and Bella are going to be different from the book. If you remember correctly this ultimatum is where Edward agrees to make Bella a vampire if she marries him first. Now what do you think could be the difference in this scene?

I for one hate to think that they may skip the whole proposal at the end of New Moon because it will be weird to ultimately add that in with Eclipse when Eclipse has the real proposal scene, so i'm just wondering if this could be the change? Or maybe the change could be that he doesn't agree to make her a vampire and that this compromise will be added in Eclipse?

So what do you all think about this interesting news that could or could not be true?

All i can say is that it would be absolutely terrible if the proposal wasn't in there, because i cried in New Moon when i read his proposal. It was so unexpected and emotional. I'd hate for that not to be in the film.