Discussion of The Twilight Saga: Eclipse

Moderator: bac

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
itsEden2010
Settled in Forks

Re: Worried about Eclipse?

Post by itsEden2010 »

Is anyone worried about what's going on with the change of editors from David Slade's guy to the editor of Twilight? Any info on what's really going on? Is this good or bad?? I'd be interested in everyone's opinions as I don't know what to think! Thanks
MiVidaLoca
Learning to Love Green

Post by MiVidaLoca »

I hadn't heard that yet but if that is true, that would worry me since I really feel the first movie was butchered :|
itsEden2010
Settled in Forks

Post by itsEden2010 »

It's true - so I guess we should be worried. Summit said they wanted a "stronger" version, whatever that means.
DramaPrincezz013
Wrestling With Emmett
Location: Bouncing back and forth between Forks and Mystic Falls

Post by DramaPrincezz013 »

I think the change of editors is a good thing just because they changed them for a reason, right? If they kept the same editor, it probably wouldn't have been as good. Twilight wasn't up to par in my opinion, but it didn't have to do with the editing. It had to do with a combination of different things such as screenplay and directing. The editing was actually good. The pace of the movie kept going, it didn't drag in places, and the scenes flowed pretty well.
The ListV2~Apple::::Mafia~Eva DiMarco::::On bunches of teams!
"You're the closest to heaven that I'll ever be, and I don't wanna go home right now." </3
MiVidaLoca
Learning to Love Green

Post by MiVidaLoca »

itsEden2010 wrote:It's true - so I guess we should be worried. Summit said they wanted a "stronger" version, whatever that means.
Interesting. I thought NM was far stronger then Twilight. I thought the editing was really great, for example, the part where the Jane was doing her thing and the music was playing and the minute Aro called her she blinked and the music stopped.
The girlie-wolf
Veggie-Vampire

Post by The girlie-wolf »

The truth is that I'm really worried about Eclipse...
I don't think that David Slade is a good director for a movie like Eclipse... there is a lot of action in the end, I know... But it doesn't mean that this is all about the fighting...I'm afraid that it will be too much action and not a lot about the famous love triangle :lol:
Did you see the poster? it doesn't look so good... in my opinion of course :|
Shai~ on the ListV2! ~Bunches of teams~ Team Quil-Alpha
itsEden2010
Settled in Forks

Post by itsEden2010 »

Over the weekend, I watched Twilight and New Moon again and I'm more worried about the screenplay/script. Can anyone explain to me why they put in the scene about "Butt-crack Santa" yet did not put in the scene where Emmett tells Edward "She's not one of us" and/or the scene where Edward tells Bella that "You're number was up the day I met you"? And I could cite many more examples in both movies. I also think that if they (Summit, Rosenberg and the directors and editors) don't get it together and make a really great movie with Eclipse and they must make 2 movies of Breaking Dawn, the fanbase is going to lose interest. Having said that, I have to admit that they must be doing something right cuz I went to see New Moon when it came to my dollar theater 10 times between 2/14/10 and the DVD release and I've watched them both at home 20-30 times (and this is so not me, I cannot even think of any other movie I've watched more than once). I just would like them to be great, not just pretty good.
The girlie-wolf
Veggie-Vampire

Post by The girlie-wolf »

That's the point.... They know that we'll see it anyway.. (I saw NM 3 times in the movies)
They know that no matter how it sucks we'll go... so they don't care about these movies so much...
That's my theory at least
Shai~ on the ListV2! ~Bunches of teams~ Team Quil-Alpha
bored by the sea
Hanging Up on Jessica
Location: United Kingdom where the weathers like Forks pretty much alll the time

Post by bored by the sea »

im not to worried to be honest i mean the editing in Twilight wasn't bad if you actually pay attention to this you can that, and if Summit didn't believe that the guy who edited Eclipse did a good enough edit then surely thats a good thing that they rn't just settling. i don't know from what ive seen so far im excited :lol: Eclipse is my favourite book of the saga though so my hopes are H-I-G-H!!! s i will be the first to get uber angry if its messed up :lol: David Slade seems to me like a cool guy he's really bothered by what us the fans think and as for screenplay well Mellissa Rosenburg does a questionable job in my opinion usually anyway, but if she doesn't know what us the fans want by now then she never will :lol: i cant wait to see more from it personally :)
"If your life was all you had to give your beloved, how could you not
give it? if it was someone you truly loved"- Breaking Dawn
**TEAM EDWARD**
pennybug84
Protector of Jacob's Honor

Post by pennybug84 »

After watching the sneak peak on the NM WalMart dvd & the short scene we got w/Bella and Edward I'm not as worried as I was. I love that B & E scene!!! Plus we have to try not to think or worry too much beforehand. And remember the movie is just BASED on the novel. That's what I've tried to do with the other movies & it really helps. June can not come fast enough! (But only for the movie. I don't want the time to go by fast otherwise.)
"She doesn't know what she wants" - Jacob Black "Yeah she does!" - Rob Pattinson