It's about time I got around to creating an account...

Introduce yourself here.
Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
CiaoBella
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

It's about time I got around to creating an account...

Post by CiaoBella »

How did you pick your screen name?

Well, I really like Italy/all things related to Italy, including the language (hence: Ciao). And I also happen to be obsessed with a certain amazingly wonderful book called Twilight, and wanted to reference that as well (hence: Bella). Also, I find it fun to say "ciao bella" :)

How did you come to read Twilight and which book is your favorite?

I had been seeing all of these bumper stickers on facebook saying Twilight this, and Edward Cullen that.. and I was like "What the crap is this Twilight of which everyone is speaking? There's no way it's actually THAT good. It's probably just another over-hyped something or other that is not worth my time. ::yawn::" HA! Little did I know I would soon be eating my words. My sister is a high school teacher, and her students are constantly talking to her about Twilight, and when they explained to her what it was actually about, she called me up and told me what they said. I was a bit more intrigued, but still skeptical. Then on a trip to the mall a friend of mine dragged me into the bookstore with her (per usual) and I saw all of these advertisements for Twilight, and I also saw that it was 20% off. And based purely on my own curiosity to see what all the fuss was about (and it's non-expensive price tag), I bought the book. BEST DECISION EVER! I couldn't believe I almost missed out on such an amazing (that's an understatement) series. I've never been this captivated by a book before... ever. (This is coming from someone who majored in English, and due to this, has read a crap-load of books). Ha. But seriously, Twilight is just... wonderful beyond description. Twilight is my favorite of the series. I love all of the books, but Twilight will always be my first love and has a special Edward-Cullen shaped place in my heart.

Who do you like best: Edward, Bella, or Jacob?

Edward is my favorite, because he is just... incredible. What I wouldn't give to be with someone that passionate and caring and witty and so fully awesome. But I also love Bella, and I can really relate to her. She reminds me a lot of myself (especially with her stubbornness and her inability to walk across a flat, stable surface without finding something to trip over).

Who is your favorite minor character?

Seth! He makes me laugh. A lot.

What are your hobbies?

I love to read (Twilight) and write (on message boards.. about Twilight..). Okay while that was a joke (kind of), I really do love to read and write, and I also play tennis. I LOVE movies and own more DVDs than anyone I know. Does inserting movie quotes randomly into conversation count as a hobby? Because I'm really good at that...

Where are you from (general area like Montana, not exact town!)

Born and raised in Maryland

How old are you? (In general, like teen, 20's, 30's, 40's etc)

I'm in my twenties. My early twenties. Somewhere in between 23 and 21, you might say...

Anything else you would like to share.

I've been coming onto this site as a guest since my obsession with Twilight began (in August), and I finally decided to stop being lazy/intimidated by everyone's awesome signatures and to register already! Also, after reading the site's philosophy this afternoon, I really felt compelled to sign-up. Everything that was mentioned in the philosophy for this site matches how I think and feel exactly. The Twilight Lexicon is superbly fantastic, and I'm so freakin' happy to finally be an official member of this community. :)
Team Edward: because I'd love to be his stupid lamb.
I left my heart on the Gen Y thread... <3 my Lexily!
copper curls
Welcoming Newbies with Cheers and Emmett-hugs

Re: It's about time I got around to creating an account...

Post by copper curls »

hey, and welcome to the Lex! I'm copper curls ~ feel free to PM me anytime. hope to see you around the boards.
PM me for this stamp! | Cam is my TwiTwin | EDC/CS & OC | Mafia Mentors | Asst. Manager CCB&B | Team Leah | APPC Platinum Member | Welcome Wagon | MSV
Blu
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by Blu »

Welcome! See you around the MB. Hope you have fun here.

PM anytime :)
Team Edward, our Knight in Shining Volvo
Team Veghead Vamps
Dazzled_by_Cullens
Touched By Cold Hands

Post by Dazzled_by_Cullens »

Welcome to the lex! I'm Megan, 25 and I am from Chicago. LOVE THE BOOKS TOO OF COURSE. So I must be your twin, bc I was stalking the Lex too without ever offically joining and was intimidated by everyones cool sigs and banners too. but joined last week! I hope to see you on the boards later :D
I left my heart on the Gen Y thread...I my LEXILY
CiaoBella

Post by CiaoBella »

Thanks copper curls, Blu, and Dazzled_by_Cullens for the warm welcome! :D
Dazzled_by_Cullens wrote:Welcome to the lex! I'm Megan, 25 and I am from Chicago. LOVE THE BOOKS TOO OF COURSE. So I must be your twin, bc I was stalking the Lex too without ever offically joining and was intimidated by everyones cool sigs and banners too. but joined last week! I hope to see you on the boards later :D
That's pretty funny, I think you're right about the twins thing! I'm glad to know I'm not alone in my previous Lex stalking days. I'm so glad I joined though! I like it here. :)
urcoolcarrie
Acquiring a Taste for Mountain Lion

Post by urcoolcarrie »

Hello!!
I'm glad you signed up!! Its so much fun to be able to participate in discussions.
If you need anything, please feel free to pm me. I'd love to help. Or talk. Or whatever. :)
Have fun!
~Carrie :)
HR Manager of EDC::Proud Klutzer::Midnight Sun Virgin
Ambrosia
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by Ambrosia »

Welcome to the Lex!
Wrecking Ball Trainee of the EDC, Inc.
Emmet loves blondes!
Randomness Regular
Dazzled_by_Cullens
Touched By Cold Hands

Post by Dazzled_by_Cullens »

CiaoBella wrote:Thanks copper curls, Blu, and Dazzled_by_Cullens for the warm welcome! :D
Dazzled_by_Cullens wrote:Welcome to the lex! I'm Megan, 25 and I am from Chicago. LOVE THE BOOKS TOO OF COURSE. So I must be your twin, bc I was stalking the Lex too without ever offically joining and was intimidated by everyones cool sigs and banners too. but joined last week! I hope to see you on the boards later :D
That's pretty funny, I think you're right about the twins thing! I'm glad to know I'm not alone in my previous Lex stalking days. I'm so glad I joined though! I like it here. :)

I know right, I was just "sneaking around" all the time. But I am glad that I joined it has been a blast so far. And to say I am addicted is an understatement, :lol:
I left my heart on the Gen Y thread...I my LEXILY
CiaoBella

Post by CiaoBella »

Dazzled_by_Cullens wrote:

I know right, I was just "sneaking around" all the time. But I am glad that I joined it has been a blast so far. And to say I am addicted is an understatement, :lol:
haha, same here. I'm seriously on the Lex all day at work, when I'm supposed to be being a productive employee, oops :oops: ... it makes me feel a little guilty, but not *quite* guilty enough to stop. Why can't I be paid to be on the Lex all day?? That would be AMAZING. I'm sure I could get promoted in that line of work... ;)
Krystal
Lured By the Scent

Post by Krystal »

Hey, I'm Krystal!
Welcome to the Lex!
Feel free to PM me if you ever want to chat!
Hope to see you around the forum! :)
by myhopesaresohigh @ vesperarium