Returned, as an Anti...

Introduce yourself here.
Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Chyeah
Buying a Better Raincoat

Returned, as an Anti...

Post by Chyeah »

So I tried to make a new account, but the activation email never came no matter how many times I resent it.

I used to be a member here, but I quit when I decided I didn't like Twilight anymore. My friend, SGR, is here as well, and one thing I want to make clear is that this is not an invasion. I came back here to have intelligent conversations with Twilight fans, because I thought it was unfair to only be knowledgable on one side's views.

So, I'm here to basically try and figure out what makes Twihards, well... like Twilight (other than apples, sparkles, and RPattz, who I actually do like quite a bit).

The reasons I don't like Twilight are pretty much not allowed to be talked about on this site, and I'm kind of cool with that. I get it, you don't want to have to defend your books. I don't like getting into fights about Neil Patrick Harris or Stephen King (unless the other person is being an idiot- then I'm in it for the lulz).

So... I'm not sure what else to say, except that if you are civil to me and don't PM me saying, "STEPHENIE MEYER IS S0000 MUCH BETTER THAN STEPHE KING LAWLZZZ!!!111!!!!APPLESPARKLES!!!11" I will be civil back. I plan on not calling anyone names, and I will try my hardest not to use the words used to describe vampires on Twilight Sucks (unless you PM me asking for them- they are kind of funny).

So, hi.
I'm an anti here for civil discussion on why Twihards like Twilight. However, if you personally insult me, I see no reason to respect you. You have been warned.
Openhome
Corralling the Cullens while Esme's Away

Re: Returned, as an Anti...

Post by Openhome »

Hi Cheya!
The same thing happened to me on this site. I got lost in cyberspace for a long time, and it took a while to work out. It isn't you!

I'm glad you are back and are wanting to talk about books in a civilized way. I have seen a few trolls, and you don't seem like one, so I think you should be fine.

This site is definately a happy / fuzzy site, and that is why many of us are here. Have you seen how many other book threads there are? I personally like the Hobbit/LOTR and Dr Who thread. On Gutter Guys and Gals, we are always mentioning other series.

So, Twilight isn't the only series in the universe, and some of us like to trade Dr. Who memories, and it's all for fun.

Welcome Back! :D
Kayla
Chyeah
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by Chyeah »

Why, thank you, sir!
I'm an anti here for civil discussion on why Twihards like Twilight. However, if you personally insult me, I see no reason to respect you. You have been warned.
WhenTheSunGoesDown
Playing Thunderball

Post by WhenTheSunGoesDown »

Yola.
I'm Abby.
Been here for a while.For once there someone who doesn't like twilight that isn't a troll.
I think most people will be civil here with you.
but hope everything goes well...
Abby.
Imagejaspers army Major Isabel stark Mafia Elisa russoVoltui Renata
missp
Teaching Nessie all she needs to know
Location: Missing my HH SISTERS but loving all the great memories from HH CON 2012!

Post by missp »

Hi, there. I am Miss P., and I welcome you back to the Lex. You are definitely entitled to your opinions and the right to share them. I see no reason to censor someone as long as they are being respectful when sharing their viewpoint.
I will tell you why I like Twilight (the book) not necessarily the movie.
Number 1, the writing is superb. Stephenie's attention to detail...her use of descriptive adjectives and character development is some of the best you'll find. As a 5th grade teacher, I am always looking for these kinds of examples to share with my students in order to cultivate their own writing. Twilight and the rest of the series fits the bill.
Number 2, my students LOVE the books and actually READ them. Do you know how hard it is to get a 5th grader to read a 10 page book, let alone a 20something chapters book? LOL!
Just a couple of the reasons...Welcome back. PM if you need anything! :)
Mrs.TeddyBear
Playing Thunderball

Post by Mrs.TeddyBear »

^^I like the points you make, Miss P!

Hey, Ted here!
I just saw your friend SGR, and I'll tell you the same thing I told them.
Just like you, I'll be civil with you as long as you return the favor.
If you have any questions about how things run here on the lex or if you want to talk/debate feel free to PM me!
APPCShopper|Mafia~GabbyTagliano
AntoinetteFrost~JCA|TeamEdward&Esme|EDCCS|2ICofRJR
EDCBackhoeOperator|GarageCheerCpt&2IC|SBSLevel1Bodygaurd
SGR
Settled in Forks

Post by SGR »

Hey there, Chyeah! :) Good to see you're that you're here, bud! Fiery Firefly just got her account working, so soon we'll be a trio!

As Chyeah said, we do intend on discussing Twilight civily, but if you provoke us, we will bite back. And not in a vampiric way, either. :lol:
Yeah, I'm an anti. If I'm being too mean, please let me know.
Atashi Honoo no Messenger! [color]
Chyeah
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by Chyeah »

missp wrote:You are definitely entitled to your opinions and the right to share them. I see no reason to censor someone as long as they are being respectful when sharing their viewpoint.
*gasp* You're my faaaavorite. I can't tell you how many times I've heard, "You're entitled to your opinion... just shut up about it." I also respect your reasons for liking the book. Detail is very important. I hate it when a book just has dialogue throughout the whole thing.
Pel
Keeper of the Scepter of Doom

Post by Pel »

Not a problem with you being here. Just please keep this in mind, there are certain site rules here. It's not that we don't want discussion, but we are a fan site not a debating society and at a certain point we are not here to provide sparring services to antis. If there is some Twilgiht debate site point us to it, if inclined we'll join. Nonetheless this is a fan site where we like the books and are not going to look kindly on folks trying to convince us otherwise. It's not that we haven't heard it all before, we have. We just don't agree and are tired of dealing with people hell bent on a mission to correct us.

It's like how I feel about Howard Stern, Perez Hilton, or for that matter Paris Hilton. I can't stand any of them for a variety of reasons. However, you don't see me on their fansites trying to save the masses and convince them to turn away from what I personally think is a guy promoting misogyny, degradation, and stupidity in the name of humor, another guy who is cry baby, attention Vulgar Language Is Ugly, news thief who'd sell him mother to TMZ if he thought it might get him a lifetime supply of botox and PR, and the pampered princess who is so shallow that and vapid that she doesn't realize she's nothing more than the oldest joke in teh world: self-made-millionaire breeds moronic off-spring. If people want to enjoy those fan sites no biggie. I am not on a mission to save them. My choice is simple. I don't go there, I don't watch their shows, I don't but their products.

All this being said, you are not over the line with this post, but I've just had to deal with two others who claimed "I'm an anti I have free speech you have to listen to me even if i offend you." so I'm a little cranky right now.
Fiery Firefly
Settled in Forks

Post by Fiery Firefly »

Hey Chyeah! All three of us are here! *another group hug* Hope to see you and SGR around. :D