Returned, as an Anti...

Introduce yourself here.
Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Chyeah
Buying a Better Raincoat

Re: Returned, as an Anti...

Post by Chyeah »

No problem, Pel. Sometimes after dealing with less intelligent Twihards, I am not in the mood to talk to even the most reasonable of Twilight fans. I actually admire the fact that Paris Hilton is such a good sport about the media, but that's just me.

However, no two Twilight fans are the same (as it is said in the Site Manifesto, if I recall correctly) and no two Antis are the same either. We have had some pretty epic debates on Twilight Sucks, and the Twilighters that join in are never looked down on- we actually tend to admire their ability to reach out to us in a civil manner. I dearly hope that the same courtesy is extended to us by the rest of the members.
I'm an anti here for civil discussion on why Twihards like Twilight. However, if you personally insult me, I see no reason to respect you. You have been warned.
SGR
Settled in Forks

Post by SGR »

[quote="Pel"]It's like how I feel about Howard Stern, Perez Hilton, or for that matter Paris Hilton. I can't stand any of them for a variety of reasons. However, you don't see me on their fansites trying to save the masses and convince them to turn away from what I personally think is a guy promoting misogyny, degradation, and stupidity in the name of humor, another guy who is cry baby, attention Vulgar Language Is Ugly, news thief who'd sell him mother to TMZ if he thought it might get him a lifetime supply of botox and PR, and the pampered princess who is so shallow that and vapid that she doesn't realize she's nothing more than the oldest joke in teh world: self-made-millionaire breeds moronic off-spring. If people want to enjoy those fan sites no biggie. I am not on a mission to save them. My choice is simple. I don't go there, I don't watch their shows, I don't but their products.[quote]
With all due respect, Pel, I think you're misunderstanding what we're trying to do. We're not here to convert anyone. We just wanted to discuss the series with fans. If we seem to be trying to create antis, we're terribly sorry. That is by no means our intention. We're trying our best to follow the site philoposphy. Also, in regards to that post about Edward that I'm guessing isn't going to get approved: I'm sorry my post offended you. When I read the site manifesto, I assumed you meant not to post mindless objections that were unsupported. I thought that, since my argument had a list of abusive traits to support my opinion, that it was okay to post. While it is sort of off-putting that you assume that no one cares about or agrees with my opinion when you haven't given the site a chance to see what I have to say, I understand why you would want to reduce any amount of potential troll activity.
Yeah, I'm an anti. If I'm being too mean, please let me know.
Atashi Honoo no Messenger! [color]
Pel
Keeper of the Scepter of Doom

Post by Pel »

SGR wrote:
Pel wrote:It's like how I feel about Howard Stern, Perez Hilton, or for that matter Paris Hilton. I can't stand any of them for a variety of reasons. However, you don't see me on their fansites trying to save the masses and convince them to turn away from what I personally think is a guy promoting misogyny, degradation, and stupidity in the name of humor, another guy who is cry baby, attention Vulgar Language Is Ugly, news thief who'd sell him mother to TMZ if he thought it might get him a lifetime supply of botox and PR, and the pampered princess who is so shallow that and vapid that she doesn't realize she's nothing more than the oldest joke in teh world: self-made-millionaire breeds moronic off-spring. If people want to enjoy those fan sites no biggie. I am not on a mission to save them. My choice is simple. I don't go there, I don't watch their shows, I don't but their products.
With all due respect, Pel, I think you're misunderstanding what we're trying to do. We're not here to convert anyone. We just wanted to discuss the series with fans. If we seem to be trying to create antis, we're terribly sorry. That is by no means our intention. We're trying our best to follow the site philoposphy. Also, in regards to that post about Edward that I'm guessing isn't going to get approved: I'm sorry my post offended you. When I read the site manifesto, I assumed you meant not to post mindless objections that were unsupported. I thought that, since my argument had a list of abusive traits to support my opinion, that it was okay to post. While it is sort of off-putting that you assume that no one cares about or agrees with my opinion when you haven't given the site a chance to see what I have to say, I understand why you would want to reduce any amount of potential troll activity.
Here's the thing the post was a diatribe on abusive. We have gone around on this a million ways here, and frankly we are just tired of it. It was your own person manifesto on why Edward is bad and with no redeeming qualities. There is a difference between abusive, stalker, potential wife beater (which Edward isn't) and someone who is controlling. Do we think Edward shouldn't have been so controlling, yeah...but we understand the reason is he thinks Bella is going to die at the hands of young and uncontrollable werewolves or the Volturi.

An abuser ( as anyone can tell you who is in that relationship) it's all about that person and their needs. They isolate you from all friends and family(male and female alike), demand that you are their ornament 24/7, have hairtrigger tempers, constantly belittle and demean. All to the point where you are afraid to do so much as pick up a piece of fuzz from the carpet for fear of setting them off...THIS ISN"T EDWARD any more than Jacob is a pedophile. It's taking a a quarter of the facts, ignoring context, and having it fit your personal definition.

Now if you want to say you think Bella should have more of a backbone, or Edward should have woken up and smelled the decaf that his actions weren't helping, and that he should have trust Bella more...no problem. But we have had it with the abusive stuff.
Pel
Keeper of the Scepter of Doom

Post by Pel »

Incidentally, I don't think I've really misunderstood you and your motives one bit. It's the same old same old and as we said we're not here to provide sparring services to anti's.

I could go on about what I think of your perceptions of us, your assertions that you all have the truth (we may have a site vision, but no one has a monopoly on truth, only zealots think they do), what you don't like about how our topics are run which when you are talking a vast difference in board sizes...yadda, yadda, yadda,

http://www.twilightsucks.com/forum/phpB ... ghtlexicon

http://www.twilightsucks.com/forum/phpB ... =26&t=4127

As for your suggestion (I'm referring to the title of the link to the second thread I posted) I do, frequently. It's rather enjoyable.

So long story short, again..cause really, we're getting tired of doing this every time the anti's on Twilight sucks get bored, we hear you, we don't agree, we don't want to debate you because that's not what this site is about. And it's boring and annoying to have to put up with you guys. And if you want to talk trash about me on your website go ahead. Your website, your right to do so within the confines of libel. Have a blast.

Also, contrary to the Twilight Sucks psychosis, we are not the only Twilight forum on the Internet. There are 1,000's of them out there. Maybe people there want to debate you. Why not check it out.
audreywarenne
Frozen in Time

Post by audreywarenne »

Hey! Welcome to the Lex!
~ Cowards aren't the only ones who die a thousand deaths, sometimes heroes do too
~ I take Banner/Avatar Requests, send a PM