Introduce yourself here.
Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Anto21
Wandering Through Town

Re: Hello from Essay33

Post by Anto21 »

Hello Essay33!
I like your username! I'm new in the forum too, I'm Anto21 and as you I'm a teacher (I teach italian language in american universities in Italy) and I'm in my 40's.

I agree with you about Edward. I like him because he's a very complex and fascinating character. I loved reading Midnight sun (I still do hope that Stephenie Meyer will complete and publish it one day) because it helps to understand his personality and his relationship with his family. And I believe too that Carlisle is an amazing character more than a minor ;)
look after my heart, I've left it with you
Essay33
Wandering Through Town

Post by Essay33 »

Anto21 wrote:Hello Essay33!
I like your username! I'm new in the forum too, I'm Anto21 and as you I'm a teacher (I teach italian language in american universities in Italy) and I'm in my 40's.)
Oh joy! I have been to your lovely country, to Umbria actually in 2007, and it was the best summer of my entire life. Everything about it was fantastic, especially the people, who were very friendly and gracious everywhere I went, despite my pitifully bad Italian (I studied the language a bit here in the US, but learned far more just talking to people wherever I went).
"Where I am not understood, it shall be concluded that something very useful and profound is couched underneath." --Jonathan Swift, A Tale of a Tub
Anto21
Wandering Through Town

Post by Anto21 »

Hello Essay33
I'm glad that you have a good memory of you my country. I live in Tuscany so not far from Umbria a region that I love very much. You're right people are really friendly in that area..I have friends in USA who live in different states but I visited only N.Y. One of the best travels in my life so far.

Well, you are a teacher, so you're going to see all my grammar mistakes...(being a teacher myself I know that this happens) as I I wrote in my introduction message,I'll try to do my best, but sometimes it's hard to express well my thoughts in english... :oops:
look after my heart, I've left it with you
audreywarenne
Frozen in Time

Post by audreywarenne »

Hey! Welcome to the Lex!
~ Cowards aren't the only ones who die a thousand deaths, sometimes heroes do too
~ I take Banner/Avatar Requests, send a PM
Bronze Haired Girl
Human History Archivist
Location: Driving through the Tennessee mountains with Emmett

Post by Bronze Haired Girl »

Hello and welcome to the Twilight Lexicon.

I’m Bronze Haired Girl, more commonly known as BHG, and I’m one of the moderators around here.

I see you've already found the Newcomer's Guide and the Posting Regulations so I don't need to post those links as I usually do.

I love your story on how you came to read the books. I'm constantly telling people not to form an opinion until they actually read a book and truly know what it is about. If they still have negative opinions about it then that's fine. Just don't form those opinions from hearsay and ignorance.

I also love your views on Edward, Bella and Jacob. I look forward to seeing you around the boards and in the discussions.

If you have any questions you can contact any of the moderators by sending them a Private Message (PM). Moderators’ names appear in green.

Get to know our Elder Council and Moderator team by reading our introduction posts. These can be found at the top of the New Kids forum.

Elder Council (the lovely ladies who created this place and keep it running)

Alphie
Pel

Moderators

BHG
Nena
Una
bac
December (doesn’t have an intro post…yet)
Banner by urcoolcarrie
copper curls
Welcoming Newbies with Cheers and Emmett-hugs

Post by copper curls »

Essay33 wrote:Thank you for the kind welcome, karl and copper curls, and for the links.
glad I could be of help, and I hope you're enjoying your time here!
Anto21 wrote:Hello Essay33
as I I wrote in my introduction message,I'll try to do my best, but sometimes it's hard to express well my thoughts in english... :oops:
don't worry at all about making mistakes - there are people here from all over the world, and we're a very understanding group. ;) we'll all know what you mean, no worries.

~ Kat
PM me for this stamp! | Cam is my TwiTwin | EDC/CS & OC | Mafia Mentors | Asst. Manager CCB&B | Team Leah | APPC Platinum Member | Welcome Wagon | MSV
Jazzy'sgirl112108
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by Jazzy'sgirl112108 »

hey! welcome to the lex! hope to see you around the boards! :D
Betting on Alice.