The Lex celebrates FIVE years on line and needs your help!

REQUESTS, COMMENTS, FEEDBACK
Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Alphie
Blame me for everything

The Lex celebrates FIVE years on line and needs your help!

Post by Alphie »

In just a few short weeks the Lexicon will be celebrating it’s FIFTH – yes FIFTH birthday! Never in a million years did we ever think we’d be on line and going strong five years after we started this “little” site, but yet here we are! If you’ve been around for past birthday celebrations, then we must tell you that nothing we’ve given away will ever compare to what we have in store for you during our birthday celebration. Trust me when I say in complete and sincere honesty that if you are a Twilight fan, you will want every single thing we have planned to give away. We have five prizes so amazing that we’ve never given them away before. EVER!

To help us get into the birthday mood, we need your help! In the past we have done podcasts where we’ve shared various funny stories from our years dealing with the Twilight fandom. But in planning a podcast for this birthday we were left trying to figure out what people most want to know from us that we haven’t already discussed. So we decided to let you ask all the questions!

Over the next few days, we will be taking questions from all of you here on our message boards and on the blog and facebook. You can ask us anything you’ve ever wanted to know about anything having to do with the site or Twilight. We will pull what we feel are some of the most interesting questions and answer them in a podcast and post it to kick off our birthday celebration.

We’re so pleased that you’ve stuck with us for all these years and are really very excited to share this birthday with all of you. We wouldn’t be here if it weren’t for all the support we’ve had from this fandom. We look forward to reading your questions!
corona
Ignoring Renee's E-Mails

Re: The Lex celebrates FIVE years on line and needs your hel

Post by corona »

Hello Alphie, here are a few questions off the top of my head:

Which issues / scenes / characters generated the most divergence of opinion (controversy) over the years amongst the fans of Twilight?

Has Stephenie Meyer ever mentioned possible storylines based on someone other than Jacob & Nessie or Leah? Do you think she will ever again write stories based in the Twilight world?

Has SM ever indicated to you how much longer the Cullen family will be staying in Forks?

Has SM ever indicated to you how the “Renee” situation gets resolved? Does Renee ever find out about Bella and Nessie? If SM has never filled you in, do you think she still has a pretty good idea what happens?

Tell us what your biggest surprise was. Tell us something that is definitely in the books that you completely overlooked until it came up here on the boards. I’m talking about either a factual detail (wow, I can’t believe I missed that for so long!) or some other aspect or interpretation of a scene or character that you had never thought of before.
"It will take an amazing amount of control,” she mused. “More even than Carlisle has. He may be just strong enough…the only thing he’s not strong enough to do is stay away from her. That’s a lost cause.”
Kate
Officially Bitten!
Location: Wandering in the town, holding my arm tightly around the hold in my chest…

Post by Kate »

Hello!
I would like to know which even in these 5 years was the most exciting for each of you? The funnier? :)

"When Kate met Garrett, she found something she'd never found [...]. She is currently attempting monogamy for the first time in her long life." S. M. The guide p. 157
SwanCullen
Touched By Cold Hands

Post by SwanCullen »

Here are some questions:
  • What is the biggest difference you have noticed between all the different age groups amoungst Twilight fans?

We know that Twilight fans are dedicated to many causes (IE:Alex's Lemonade Stand), what is the one that jumps out the most to you?

How do you all think the site and/or forumswill be after Breaking Dawn Part 2 comes out on DVD?

What is the most fun and hard parts about being the heads of such a large fansite?

Do you think they chose the BEST possible people to portray all the characters in the Twilight Saga?

Thanks for the opportunity to do this!
:grin: Proud HalfwayHouse Sister :grin:
Seasons Of Love-A Rosalie/ Emmett story
StellaBlueBella
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by StellaBlueBella »

How fun is this!?! I love being told I can ask whatever I want to! :D

Ok so, my question may seem like it has an obvious answer but, I would like to know why SM doesn't post here anymore? I was amazed to find her posts on the archive forum. Honestly, I didn't believe it at first. What a rare quality to be so engaged with one's audience! I found it touching. *sniff sniff* My initial thought was the Saga has gotten too big and famous for her to be spending her time posting. Then I realized it's been big and famous for years now, so that explanation didn't seem to fully answer my question.

And forgive me, I am sure this has been discussed at length already but, I'm rather new here... Would someone mind explaining why you had to archive/lock an entire forum? It felt a bit spooky going to the "archive" :fright: lol.

• To comprehend a nectar Requires sorest need.
Pel
Keeper of the Scepter of Doom

Post by Pel »

Today is the last day to post questions. Alphie and I will be recording tonight.
babynessie_18
Wandering Through Town

Post by babynessie_18 »

Pel wrote:Today is the last day to post questions. Alphie and I will be recording tonight.
My question will be "Does anybody thinks that maybe they should make a redo of the movie where Jacob and Bella ends together?" I think its very appealing.. That's all thanks!
-babynessie_18-
Suzan
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by Suzan »

First of all: Congratulations! :clapping:

You really made this an AMAZING place and I can't thank you enough for it. Everything I want to know about Twilight and more! It's fantastic. Thank you so much!

So I hope I'm not to late with this and I don't know if any of these have been discussed before but here are my questions:
We -as Twilight fans- know that Twilight has a large variety of fans but in the media it is always represented as mainly 12-year-old screaming girls. What is you opinion on that and on what it makes adult fans look like in the eyes of the media/main public? Why do you think it has such a broad fanbase?
Can you tell us a bit about fans you have met? Like: What is the youngest/oldest fan you've met? Have you met people from other countries? Male vs female fans? The craziest/funniest/sweetest things that fans have done (for you or for Stephenie or for the actors)?
SwanCullen wrote:How do you all think the site and/or forumswill be after Breaking Dawn Part 2 comes out on DVD?

I would love to know that as well. Are you planning on going on with the site for let's say another five years? (please say yes ;) )
FF profile: Suzqnv5689