Twilight Saga Q&A

debussygirl
Joining the Hunt for Enemies

Re: Twilight Saga Q&A

Post by debussygirl »

dazzle_me-xx wrote:Kay, I got a whole bunch of questions. Or just random things I noticed.

Like,
vampires are supposed to have super-good hearing, right? Like in BD,
when Bella's a vampire, she can hear the other end of the phone
conversation with Max and J.Jenks? So why couldn't Alice and Jasper
hear James making that fateful phone call to Bella in Twilight?

And,
in the whole series, the vampires were described to have, well higher
pitched voices. Edward's voice is described as musical, Alice's is
chirpy, and when Bella's a vampire, she listens in wonder to the
'pealing sound'. Even Victoria is described to have a high-pitched,
baby voice. So why is Emmett's a 'a deep bass'?

And can someone
plase explain to me why Bella was not affected by Kate's electrical
shocks? I thought it was only the mental things she was protected from.

Yeah, I know. Random. But, whatever.
Maybe Alice and Jasper wanted to give Bella some privacy with her mom, and so they didn't listen. They probably wouldn't think she would betray them. That's my best answer.
Edward's voice is musical, but it never said high or anything (hehe--Edward with a high voice). So it's probably just the girls with the high voices.
Kate' eletrical shock is like Jane's pain. It is only in the mind, not really apart of the body.
Team Edward&Esme~SBS Assistant 2 the Cobosses~APPC
St Cullens Head of Neurology~Tetrarch
Need something to read? Try http://www.jennacooper.com
liberal_hippie
Wandering Through Town

Post by liberal_hippie »

James spoke really quietly on the phone, and one of the first things he told Bella to do was go in another room. Also Bella's end of the conversation wouldn't make them suspicious. And when Bella listened to both sides of the phone conversation later on, she was RIGHT BY the phone.

Also not all of the female vampires had high voices. I know that Siobhan had a lower voice and I think some of the Amazons had a lower voice too. I don't think the bell-like sound of Bella's voice was necessarily high (there are low bells too) but just crystal-clear and pure.
Jazziscool
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by Jazziscool »

Qusetion:

When Edward was telling Bella that he was the boy who would marry her once he realized she was what he wanted, Bella asks "When in Rome?," (Eclipse). What does she mean "When in Rome?".

Trainee of the EDC, Inc.
Supervisor of the DBJ:Donating Blood to Jasper & Co.
rapidheartbeat<3twi
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by rapidheartbeat<3twi »

Jazziscool wrote:Qusetion:

When Edward was telling Bella that he was the boy who would marry her once he realized she was what he wanted, Bella asks "When in Rome?," (Eclipse). What does she mean "When in Rome?".
Okay, so there's the saying, "When in Rome, do as the Romans do." Basically, go with the flow of the society you are in. SO, when Bella says "when in Rome", she is suggesting, somewhat rhetorically, that since they are in the 21st century, not 1918, they should 'do what the romans do' and not get married at 18, since as we know, Bella doesn't want to get married. Hope that made sense :)
"If you're going to have a lapse in control, I can think of a better place for it."-Bella-Eclipse
Jazziscool
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by Jazziscool »

rapidheartbeat<3twi wrote:
Jazziscool wrote:Qusetion:

Okay, so there's the saying, "When in Rome, do as the Romans do." Basically, go with the flow of the society you are in. SO, when Bella says "when in Rome", she is suggesting, somewhat rhetorically, that since they are in the 21st century, not 1918, they should 'do what the romans do' and not get married at 18, since as we know, Bella doesn't want to get married. Hope that made sense :)
Thanks! :)

Trainee of the EDC, Inc.
Supervisor of the DBJ:Donating Blood to Jasper & Co.
hale_yes
Settled in Forks

Post by hale_yes »

Question:
Would any vampires be able to play a woodwind or brass instrument? Because if they blow, spit comes out, (i would know i play alot of woodwind&brass) so would it burn the instrument?
Jasper: "I can't understand. I can't bear this."
JodeenSings
Helping Mike to Get a Clue
Location: By my Spaceheater fighting off DISNEY PEOPLE with a spork!

Post by JodeenSings »

G-Faerie08 wrote:Does anyone else thing it is kind of weird (for lack of a better word) that people at Forks High aren't weirded out by the fact that the "children" that were adopted by Carlisle and Esme, are "together"?

I know if they were in my school and I knew that they were step-siblings, I would be like that is kind of gross..even though they are not blood related or anything..I don't know..The picture/still I saw of the Cullens online in the cafeteria and all except Edward were kind of lovey dovey..it kind of sparked my question and I was curious to how you guys felt about it.
The cutest couple at my school - voted for and published in the year book - were children whose parents married and so they lived with each other. Yes, they shared the same last name - No, they were not related by blood. And they would frequently break up and get back together. I wasn't in their circle of friends, but I knew them and thought they were nice, not weird.

I just read Wuthering Heights and was beginning to wonder if anyone in those days didn't marry their cousin. Oh, and To Kill a Mockingbird, too.
~~~Image~~~
team turtle - that's how we roll
^Is that dorky enough for you Taylor?^
* My Dork Prowess - Spork Fencing! *
JodeenSings

Post by JodeenSings »

hale_yes wrote:Question:
Would any vampires be able to play a woodwind or brass instrument? Because if they blow, spit comes out, (i would know i play alot of woodwind&brass) so would it burn the instrument?
Regular spittle can cause damage - venom, well maybe more? OR venom may have curative qualities and keep the wood and brass in better condition? The bigger problem would be aerosoling the venom into the air - it may make everyone swoon. And collecting the venom in your slide, if you dumped that concentrated pool on human flesh - by accident of course - that may cause a problem.
Maybe vampires should stick with percussion - Edward plays piano, maybe there is a good reason for that.
~~~Image~~~
triciavenice
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by triciavenice »

okay please forgive me if this has been addressed. I read alot of the Q & A but didn't have time to go through all 92 pages!

at the end of twilight, why was Edward the only one that could suck the venom out of bella's hand?

I understand Emmet and Jacob, they were too weak. Carlise was used to blood and what about Alice?

Ihave pondered this and I can't figure it out?
JodeenSings

Post by JodeenSings »

triciavenice wrote:okay please forgive me if this has been addressed. I read alot of the Q & A but didn't have time to go through all 92 pages!

at the end of twilight, why was Edward the only one that could suck the venom out of bella's hand?

I understand Emmet and Jacob, they were too weak. Carlise was used to blood and what about Alice?

Ihave pondered this and I can't figure it out?
Personally, I think it was because Carlise knew that Edward was ready. And if anyone else made a mistake, Edward would have been pretty ticked, don't you think.
~~~Image~~~