Twilight Saga Q&A #2

foolinthemoon
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Re: Twilight Saga Q&A #2

Post by foolinthemoon »

eliselovesedwardx wrote:Well, yeahI figured that much for myself! :lol:

But it said that Esme restored it and it was over 100 years old, so originally why was it so far into the forest?
Well, There's a good chance the home was owned by a wealthy family while the town was still mostly undeveloped. I live in a small small SMALL town, and we have Large historic homes in some very odd places, even one that would almost match the Cullens Home (front) in age and proportions. I'll have to take a trip and try to take some pictures. But It wasn't uncommon for large homes to be built far away from local roads, as it was common for the placement of the dwellings to be built in the back, overlooking the property. Also, it could have been simple enough answer that the owners of the property wanted the house built near the river.
Midnight Sun Virgin ~ E<3B ~ Marcus doesn't seem to care that I love him... <3
Volterrian
Wandering Through Town

Post by Volterrian »

I have a question, and I would love information on this not opinions. Do the Twilight Saga vampires have BLOOD running in their vains. Because one of my friends is saying they do, and I am saying they don't I think they are thinking of the Anne Rice Novel Vampires who do have a blood.
R.I.P - Jacob Black [Died August 2nd, 2008](Page 360, Book 2, Breaking Dawn)
Lunna-san
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Post by Lunna-san »

Volterrian wrote:I have a question, and I would love information on this not opinions. Do the Twilight Saga vampires have BLOOD running in their vains. Because one of my friends is saying they do, and I am saying they don't I think they are thinking of the Anne Rice Novel Vampires who do have a blood.
No, they have venom on their veins. It replaced all the fluids (maybe not all the fluids...see Edward's and Nahuel's father's case). But blood and salive, for sure. You see, when the person is bitten, the venon is injected on the blood, killing all the organs, replacing the fluids. I'm searching in Lex PC's where I read that. But that's for sure.
foolinthemoon

Post by foolinthemoon »

Volterrian wrote:I have a question, and I would love information on this not opinions. Do the Twilight Saga vampires have BLOOD running in their vains. Because one of my friends is saying they do, and I am saying they don't I think they are thinking of the Anne Rice Novel Vampires who do have a blood.
This was actually answered by Stephenie in the Correspondence area...

http://www.twilightlexiconblog.com/?p=34

It's down at the bottom, next to last question.
Midnight Sun Virgin ~ E<3B ~ Marcus doesn't seem to care that I love him... <3
Cookies
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by Cookies »

1. I was really confused when Edward just handed Jacob some keys in BD and told him to get out. What was Jacob thinking at that exact moment?
(It was in BD, Jacob's POV when Edward just began to bond with the baby)
P.S. I love it when Jacob keeps saying "bloodsucker owed me", haha.

2) I was thinking, it doesn't look very normal if the Cullens get food in the cafeteria and don't eat it from day to day, does this mean that they have to eat food? What happens when they eat food? Will they spontaneously combust? O_O

3) Did Edward and Bella ever think to use protection? Gosh ... really!
Sorry about the long questions. I'm an eager beaver for answers today :D
"And so the lion fell in love with the lamb ..."

Hug me :)
Zoltan

Post by Zoltan »

Cookies wrote:1. I was really confused when Edward just handed Jacob some keys in BD and told him to get out. What was Jacob thinking at that exact moment?

2) I was thinking, it doesn't look very normal if the Cullens get food in the cafeteria and don't eat it from day to day, does this mean that they have to eat food? What happens when they eat food? Will they spontaneously combust? O_O

2) The can eat food however they just cough it up later. I got the impression they do eat sometimes just to keep up appearances. In the movie they do eat in a few scenes. The thing is food tastes basically like dirt to them according to Edward in Midnight Sun.

3) No, they never used protection.

Also there is a promo pic somewhere where the Cullen's are sitting at the cafeteria table and Alice is feeding Jasper something and he has a somewhat disgusted look on his face, kind of funny actually.
RebeccaCullen
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by RebeccaCullen »

Cookies wrote:1. I was really confused when Edward just handed Jacob some keys in BD and told him to get out. What was Jacob thinking at that exact moment?
Jake was upset that Edward started bonded with the fetus. Up until Edward started hearing Nessie's thoughts, both wanted the baby dead, but than Edward fell in love with her.
Cookies wrote:2) I was thinking, it doesn't look very normal if the Cullens get food in the cafeteria and don't eat it from day to day, does this mean that they have to eat food? What happens when they eat food? Will they spontaneously combust? O_O
They can eat food, they'd just have to puke it up later. Edward says so when he and Bella eat lunch together and he buys pizza.
Cookies wrote: 3) Did Edward and Bella ever think to use protection? Gosh ... really!
I think there was mention of it in the book, but I can't remember and don't want to look it up. I'm guessing where he was frozen, they must have thought he couldn't reproduce.
debussygirl
Joining the Hunt for Enemies

Post by debussygirl »

They didn't even talk about protection. I mean, they thought they had all the protection they needed with Edward being a vampire and all.
Team Edward&Esme~SBS Assistant 2 the Cobosses~APPC
St Cullens Head of Neurology~Tetrarch
Need something to read? Try http://www.jennacooper.com
E&BForever
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by E&BForever »

Yep, it makes sense that they'd think that he couldn't reproduce, with him being a vampire and all, lol! :D
Chantell
"You are my life now."-Edward to Bella.
Edward&Bella: Feel the passion, the love, the devotion.Image
Team Edward for life!
No man is perfect, but Edward Cullen comes close!
Cookies
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by Cookies »

Still, they should've been responsible. Better safe than sorry. Not saying I am sorry. Out came Nessie from this little accident :D
"And so the lion fell in love with the lamb ..."

Hug me :)