Twilight Saga Q&A #2

debussygirl
Joining the Hunt for Enemies

Re: Twilight Saga Q&A #2

Post by debussygirl »

t0pan$e wrote: I wonder Edward is actually her husband in real life that she modeled the character Edward after??
Her husband goes by Pancho but his real name is Christian. It's on her website under her bio.
But I think I remember reading somewhere that her husband wasn't a model for any of her characters.
Team Edward&Esme~SBS Assistant 2 the Cobosses~APPC
St Cullens Head of Neurology~Tetrarch
Need something to read? Try http://www.jennacooper.com
BrandOfHeroine
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by BrandOfHeroine »

I go away for 2 days and there're already like 4 more pages.
Anyways, I don't know if this goes here or not, if not, I'm sorry
But I came across this question a few days ago, and I wanted to know what you guys thought.
Who do you think has the most loyal/crazy/fanatics followers. Edward or Jacob?

I am Team Edward. However, I don't think we're more crazy, loyal, etc. Both teams like their characters with their own perspective. And they're both different; crazy in their own way.

True, Rob gets all the crazy fan girls, as well as Taylor.

But, actors aside, what do you think of the CHARACTER's fans. Not the actors.
Heart Song
Wandering Through Town

Post by Heart Song »

BrandOfHeroine wrote:I go away for 2 days and there're already like 4 more pages.
Anyways, I don't know if this goes here or not, if not, I'm sorry
But I came across this question a few days ago, and I wanted to know what you guys thought.
Who do you think has the most loyal/crazy/fanatics followers. Edward or Jacob?

I am Team Edward. However, I don't think we're more crazy, loyal, etc. Both teams like their characters with their own perspective. And they're both different; crazy in their own way.

True, Rob gets all the crazy fan girls, as well as Taylor.

But, actors aside, what do you think of the CHARACTER's fans. Not the actors.
I've been fortunate enough to attend three signings with SM. At all three events there were far more Team Edward fans than either Jacob or Switzerland. Of course my estimates are not "scientific" but judged by the shirts representing each team and the noticeable difference in decibels when the respective teams were asked to cheer. Team Edward was the winner hands down.

Just for the record: I'm Team Jacob
banner by the lovely ~ouisa~ adultes lexiconum recipientes nuntiis singulis

Twilight Stories and Host Stories
threethings
Phase Control Expert

Post by threethings »

Okay, I just thought of this yesterday.
It repeatly says that Edward clenched his hands so hard that "the skin on his knuckles became even whiter".
So if they're skin is like stone, how would his skin stretch over his knuckles?
■ E<3B ■ Banner Goddess ■ Taking Requests
ImageImage
BrandOfHeroine

Post by BrandOfHeroine »

threethings wrote:Okay, I just thought of this yesterday.
It repeatly says that Edward clenched his hands so hard that "the skin on his knuckles became even whiter".
I think that with "like stone" they mean very hard, but it can still stretch, I guess.
If it was like stone, stone, they wouldn't be able to move...they would break, like a statue. LOL
*Wanderer*
Ignoring Renee's E-Mails

Post by *Wanderer* »

BrandOfHeroine wrote:
threethings wrote:Okay, I just thought of this yesterday.
I think that with "like stone" they mean very hard, but it can still stretch, I guess.
If it was like stone, stone, they wouldn't be able to move...they would break, like a statue. LOL
^^Yes, I also think that. When they say "like stone," I think they mean impenetrable like stone, not tough and hard. So yeah, Edward's skin could still stretch over his knuckles.

Love,
*Wanderer*
gamb1t
I'm A Proud Twilight Guy

Post by gamb1t »

This kind of has to deal with the books, but it is more of a personal opinion question. So, after reading the series (more than once), I can't decide what to think about the ending of BD. It is very hard to find closure in a book concerning immortals. However, at the end of BD, I didn't really find any closure what so ever because of the introduction of Nessie as a very dynamic character who I would guess we fans are to assume lives a happy fulfilling life. I realize SM might go back and continue the story; however, I realize that there is also a chance that she won't. I guess what I'm asking is that has anyone else considered that maybe if the fight at the end of BD really happened if that would have been a better ending (closure wise). I mean, I know it would have been an upsetting ending, but we live in an unfair world (even though the books are written about a pretty easy going fantasy world). I'm just rambling now, so I apologize if this makes no sense. But, I was wondering if anyone else thought of any other alternate ending to BD that would have provided a better ending than "the end".
ImageImageImageImage
BrandOfHeroine

Post by BrandOfHeroine »

I like the ending of BD, however, I think it left many things incomplete.
Like Renesmee, a dynamic character, like you said.

And I can't help but agree with you. The fight would've been a good ending.
But I don't know what I'd do if any of the Cullens died!
gamb1t
I'm A Proud Twilight Guy

Post by gamb1t »

Yea, I agree with not wanting to part with characters; however, the book pretty much avoids death throughout the entire series when ironically, the book is centered around undead/immortal beings lol. I just can't help but wonder if SM did that intentionally to make fans continue to contemplate things going on in her universe or what, but characters died in the HP series and they were important characters (again, it was very sad, but maybe necessary events). I don't like comparing the series because they are two completely opposite things; however, I do feel fans are attached to the characters in the same manner (mostly).
ImageImageImageImage
BrandOfHeroine

Post by BrandOfHeroine »

gamb1t wrote:Yea, I agree with not wanting to part with characters; however, the book pretty much avoids death throughout the entire series when ironically, the book is centered around undead/immortal beings lol. I just can't help but wonder if SM did that intentionally to make fans continue to contemplate things going on in her universe or what, but characters died in the HP series and they were important characters (again, it was very sad, but maybe necessary events). I don't like comparing the series because they are two completely opposite things; however, I do feel fans are attached to the characters in the same manner (mostly).
What I think it's that SM is very attached to her characters (not that it's a bad thing) and would never kill them
And J.K. Rowling killed them 'cause it was necessary, and SM would never do that.
I'm not saying J.K.R. isn't attached to her characters. Of course she is! It's just that she can let go of them, and SM can't easily.

Sorry if that didn't make sense.