Twilight Saga Q&A #2

foolinthemoon
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Re: Twilight Saga Q&A #2

Post by foolinthemoon »

Though, we all know, as long as he didn't 'finish' the job, he was always allowed to bite her/get carried away... lol
Midnight Sun Virgin ~ E<3B ~ Marcus doesn't seem to care that I love him... <3
pcntnk
Settled in Forks

Do the Cullens...

Post by pcntnk »

Do the Cullen's ever to ever shower or pee. The more I have thought about it the more it bugs me. I'm going to assume they don't have to potty but they do drink blood, where does it go? and they would have to get dirty at some point wouldn't they?
Someone help! Thanks! :)
Zoltan

Post by Zoltan »

No they don't pee. Anything they eat or drink thats not blood they must cough up later. They may shower from time to time to be clean.
foolinthemoon

Re: Do the Cullens...

Post by foolinthemoon »

pcntnk wrote:Do the Cullen's ever to ever shower or pee. The more I have thought about it the more it bugs me. I'm going to assume they don't have to potty but they do drink blood, where does it go? and they would have to get dirty at some point wouldn't they?

We actually had this convo a few days ago :D No, they don't have to potty, we assume their body uses all the blood they retain like a body would use vitamins. Also, they don't HAVE to shower, as their bodies are practically made of stone in an essence, they don't even need to wash their hair due to fact their bodies not secrete oils like ours. I think we did decide, though, that they probably may shower to clean them selves up when they've gotten too messy/dirty. Life does get dirty from time to time :D
Midnight Sun Virgin ~ E<3B ~ Marcus doesn't seem to care that I love him... <3
*Wanderer*
Ignoring Renee's E-Mails

Re: Do the Cullens...

Post by *Wanderer* »

pcntnk wrote:Do the Cullen's ever to ever shower or pee. The more I have thought about it the more it bugs me. I'm going to assume they don't have to potty but they do drink blood, where does it go? and they would have to get dirty at some point wouldn't they?
Good questions! :D About the showering one, this is from Personal Correspondance 2 answered by SM:

This is going to sound insanely curious but… do the vampires bathe? Given that you said the hunting is messy (no clean puncture wounds), I’m assuming that they get dirty… or at least bloody. So do they take showers? Do they comb their hair? Brush their teeth?

A: Vampires do shower, but they don’t get dirty the same way we do. Outside dirt, yes–blood and mud and whatnot (though most vampires don’t get a spot on themselves when they eat–its all a matter of practice), but not sweat or body oils. They would never have B.O., ha ha. One girl asked me why Alice had a bathroom and if vampires have to pee. No, they don’t (they use all the blood, creating no waste), but they do shower. (And of course they have to have bathrooms–houses are just built that way, and when they want to move, it would look a little weird on the real estate listing: eight bedrooms, no baths.)

They do wash the dust and rain out of their hair, too. And Rosalie particularly spends a lot of time doing hers. (Hair is dead cells–the vampire transformation doesn’t affect it. If you’ve got split ends, sorry! Not getting better. Ha ha).

And about the one about them peeing, they don't pee. At all. It was somewhere in Personal Correspondence but I'm having a real hard time finding it. I'll edit back later when I can. :D Does all this help?

Love,
*Wanderer*
pcntnk
Settled in Forks

Post by pcntnk »

Thank you all so much!
I looked several places and couldn't find it so I thought I would just post!
*Bibit*
Zoltan

Post by Zoltan »

What is everyones thoughts on Charlie being afraid of Bella once she became a vampire? He does not know precisely that she is one though.
threethings
Phase Control Expert

Post by threethings »

Zoltan wrote:What is everyones thoughts on Charlie being afraid of Bella once she became a vampire? He does not know precisely that she is one though.
Well, I think that he's a very non-chalnte person. Maybe he knows she's a little different now, but not the extent it really is. I honestly don't think he'd be afraid. After Jacob revealing he's werewolf, it just might seem normal, almost. With Charlie and Bella being so similar, I think Bella even said herself "once knowing by best friend was a werewolf, nothings shocking". Does that help?

That's just my opinion. Welcome to the Lex by the way. :D
■ E<3B ■ Banner Goddess ■ Taking Requests
ImageImage
cullen_kissez

Post by cullen_kissez »

I was wondering about the showering thing.
I mean, the first time that Edward stayed with Bella and she realized that he had changed his clothes.. I'm like, I hope the took a shower too.. so I get that they shower, to keep up pretenses ..
*gazes with a faraway look in her eyes at seeing Edward coming out of the shower with naught but a towel on*
*shakes head to get un-dazzled*
so um, yeah.. sorry ..

So Charlie knows that Bella isn't the same. He doesn't think she's quite human, but he understands that she's more like the Cullens.
And he seems to accept that. Like Edward said, Charlie prefers to delude himself instead of believing the obvious.
But for all pretenses, he doesn't love her any less, and he doesn't seem to be afraid of her.
And we all know he'd do just about anything for Bella, and well, Renesmee too, right?

Question: If Renee came to visit, what do you think would be her response to the new Bella and her new granddaughter?
.:: why try and fit in when I was born to stand out? ::.

..and then we continued blissfully into this small but perfect piece of our forever.
E<3B
cullen_kissez

Post by cullen_kissez »

ilovetwilight wrote:
E&BForever wrote:I have another question: Someone posted this topic on Amazon: What would you guys think of Twilight being a tv series? It's happened before with popular movies. I would like to see Robert Pattinson and Kristen Stewart still play Edward and Bella if that were the case. What do you guys think? And what about a theme song for Edward and Bella(Besides Bella's Lullbaly)? I was thinking Madonna's "Secret". It seems to fit them!
Chantell
No.No. NO. lol :lol: I think that a Twilight series would be aweful. It wouldn't really be Twilight. It would be some television show called Twilight with all of the Twilight characters. Because Twilight is the book, and now movie. Twilight is the book where James attacks Bella, Bella and Edward fall in love, etc. etc. What are they gonna do? See how many different ways they can mangle the book?
i totally agree with your last statement!!
But then again, I'm thinking.. hmm, how could that work?
I mean, would they stay true to the flow and storyline of the book? I mean, make each day a new episode?
Hey, they did wonder's with Charmed, and then turned it into a book, so ya never know..
I've never read the Sookie Stackhouse series, HBO's new True Blood, so I can't cast judgement there.
Brella wrote:I think that would be awsome they would have more time to develope the relationships. As far as the title goes, they turned the Sookie Stackhouse novels into a series and named it after the drink in it "True Blood". Maybe they could name it Forks or something. But I thought there was a show on CBS already like twilight on. Something called Moonlight? Correct me if I am wrong.
Moonlight.
But that was cancelled.
And they'd have to put a helluva a lot of work in making it a lot better than the movies..

As for Midnight Sun, I've said it before, and I don't care I'm being selfish.
I hope she can stretch it just a bit, and include his attitude in New Moon. She can make two of em, actually - putting Twilight & New Moon in Midnight Sun, and Eclipse and Breaking Dawn in another..
But she's already said that it's the only book she plans on writing from Edward's POV.
*sigh*
:( :cry:
.:: why try and fit in when I was born to stand out? ::.

..and then we continued blissfully into this small but perfect piece of our forever.
E<3B