Twilight Saga Q&A #2

Adrienne
Learning to Love Green

Re: Twilight Saga Q&A #2

Post by Adrienne »

Nerd wrote:D: Yes! Can you imagine how devestating that would be? On a giddy whim, Rosalie decides to cut her hair, and ten years later it's still the same height. She'd be balling her eyes out. Figuratively. Since... Vampires can't cry.

LOL that would totally suck! I really doubt she would cut her hair though. Rosalie would do anything to hold on to whatever she had of her human life and as vain as she is, she'd probably kill anyone who even dared mess with her hair lol.
Nerd wrote:I think the difference can definitely be attributed to their activity, or inactivity. As Rings mentioned, aside from the Volturi, Carlisle is one of the eldest vampires that we've met, and he's still in tip-top condition. I agree that while it may take more to wear a vampire down, they aren't indestructable. It makes sense that just sitting and contemplating your awesome power would decrease your quality of life.

Of course, the Volturi is around three thousand years old and Carlisle is only three hundred, but the point of Jane and Alec is a good one. I was thinking of Laurent as a reference, too. I don't think it would necessarily have anything to do with the diet (though that was a great point to make) considering what has been said about Jane and Alec and it's safe to surmise that they feed on humans. Were Laurent still alive and had he survived to 3000 years, I don't think he'd look nearly as damaged as the Volturi. Their diets are similar, but I think he'd look closer to Carlisle because of how active he presumably would have been.

The Volturi are pretty much sloth and vanity embodied. :lol:
I guess we conclude that even though they may be powerful, nearly indestructible and immortal, even vampires need to jump on the treadmill every once in awhile :lol:

Edit:

I wonder what other ways you can kill a vampire. Edward mentioned that the only sure way was to tear one up and burn the pieces. That means that there are other ways too. I wonder what would happen to a vampire they thought they destroyed but wasn't truly gone.

I could just imagine Victoria's crawling body parts in the dirt trying to connect again. :?

You know you are too into Twilight when you look at your husband and think

"Dammit, why don't you sparkle?"
shatarah
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by shatarah »

Adrienne wrote:
Nerd wrote:D: Yes! Can you imagine how devestating that would be? On a giddy whim, Rosalie decides to cut her hair, and ten years later it's still the same height. She'd be balling her eyes out. Figuratively. Since... Vampires can't cry.

LOL that would totally suck! I really doubt she would cut her hair though. Rosalie would do anything to hold on to whatever she had of her human life and as vain as she is, she'd probably kill anyone who even dared mess with her hair lol.
Nerd wrote:I think the difference can definitely be attributed to their activity, or inactivity. As Rings mentioned, aside from the Volturi, Carlisle is one of the eldest vampires that we've met, and he's still in tip-top condition. I agree that while it may take more to wear a vampire down, they aren't indestructable. It makes sense that just sitting and contemplating your awesome power would decrease your quality of life.

Of course, the Volturi is around three thousand years old and Carlisle is only three hundred, but the point of Jane and Alec is a good one. I was thinking of Laurent as a reference, too. I don't think it would necessarily have anything to do with the diet (though that was a great point to make) considering what has been said about Jane and Alec and it's safe to surmise that they feed on humans. Were Laurent still alive and had he survived to 3000 years, I don't think he'd look nearly as damaged as the Volturi. Their diets are similar, but I think he'd look closer to Carlisle because of how active he presumably would have been.

I guess we conclude that even though they may be powerful, nearly indestructible and immortal, even vampires need to jump on the treadmill every once in awhile :lol:
Actually Tanya, Kate, and Irina are older then Carlisle :) They are in tip-top condition. Carlisile explains this in BD PG.25
Nerd
Fishing with Charlie

Post by Nerd »

Aha. Thank you. I'm so washed up on facts. xD I read way too quickly.
Skank Bale Image Let's roll! | Klutzy Chanteus | Official member of the Dork Squad
Visit here & here DAILY to donate to my city! | Thoughts of a Twi-hard: A Blog of Rants
Adrienne
Learning to Love Green

Post by Adrienne »

shatarah wrote:
Adrienne wrote:

Actually Tanya, Kate, and Irina are older then Carlisle :) They are in tip-top condition. Carlisile explains this in BD PG.25
I forgot about them. I was only thinking of Jane and Alec being almost as old as the Volturi as an ex. but you're right, I believe Tanya, Kate and Irina are even older than them. Not to mention that the Romanians quit petrifying after they were "dethroned" and they ruled for about 1500 years til the Volturi came around, making them over 4,500 years old.

You know you are too into Twilight when you look at your husband and think

"Dammit, why don't you sparkle?"
CrazilyObsessed024
Banging Out Dents with Tyler
Location: Daydreaming about one thing or another involving Twilight

Post by CrazilyObsessed024 »

OktoSink wrote:So here is a silly thought that popped into my head when CrazilyObsessed024 mentioned something about the vampires' hair. Its not really a question, more an semi-girlie concern/observation, but if their hair length doesn't change unless they cut it, does that mean that the poor vampire girls can never get their hair cut shorter unless they want it to be permanent?

Like what if (unlikely as it would be) Rosalie decides one day that she wants an Alice-like haircut. She wouldn't be able to do it unless she wants it to stay like that! As dumb as I may sound right now, the idea just seems sad to me... stuck with the same haircut for eternity! :P

I know, when I think of that, I feel so bad for them. Especially since they have to take REALLY REALLY good care of their hair, I mean, they have that hair for eternity, it needs to be taken real good care of if you don't want it to look crappy.

Question!

I always assumed if you could somehow get a vampire to stay in a fire, they would die, I mean, I assumed you had to rip up the pieces because otherwise the vampire would try and get out, in pieces they would take too long a time to reconnect to do that. I mean that is the only thing that makes sense. Why wouldn't they be able to just die by fire? What does the ripping them apart do?

I wonder this just out of curiousity, and I don't understand why Edward didn't just kill himself, himself. Obviously I am glad he didn't, and I would understand if he had just been in distress and not thinking logically. But he considered this for a long time, in case Bella died. So couldn't he just have jumped in some fire?

I don't understand why they need to be torn up first, does anybody else?

I was thinking maybe the venom in their cells needed to be exposed first, but that doesn't really work, if it is THAT flammable, it would catch up eventually.

And do you think he could have just torn off his limbs then gotten on fire? I mean, they are strong enough to pull others apart... So assuming they need to be ripped up for some odd reason, couldn't he just do that too?

I'm sorry my thoughts and questions are so all-over the place.
ImageImageImageImageImage
Alison
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by Alison »

Nerd wrote:No problem! :) Hope you like them!
Those podcasts were a scream! On the first episode, I was a little turned off by their accents (I just have a natural aversion to Southern accents. No offense to anyone who has one), but they are SO FUNNY. I was giggling at work listening to my iPod. I will definitely be getting more episodes for tomorrow. Thanks again!
"...I wanted to dream. Maybe, if I could be unconscious, if I could dream, I could live for a few hours in a world where she and I could be together. She dreamed of me. I wanted to dream of her." -Edward, Midnight Sun
Edwards Girl
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by Edwards Girl »

You know how Bella's mind is like a shield,how could Alice see Bellas future when Bella made the desicion?Doesn't she make desicions in her head?
I don't need a knight in shining armor...I'd settle for a vampire in a silver Volvo!

Team Switzerland! Because I just can't decide....
Nerd
Fishing with Charlie

Post by Nerd »

Haha. No problem. Their sisterly banter is just HILARIOUS. I'm so glad you agree. :)

About the fire... I think it's what you said in the first place. I think if a vampire is whole and in a fire, they can just walk out. I don't think brief exposure will do too much damage to them. So by tearing apart the pieces, it's more difficult to survive. They have to put themselves back together again before they can get out.

I wanted to know that, too, but on a different level. Going to the Volturi seems like such a HUGE effort. My friend and I decided that it would have been so much easier just to step over into La Push and let the doggies have him. But that would mean he wouldn't get to be with Bella, and even though I'm not a big fan of either characters, I wanted them to be happy. :(

So I guess death by shapeshifter or fire would have been too permanent. He needed to survive. :lol:

In making the decision, she carries out the actions, Edwards Girl. I think it's in the interviews the lex has that Stephenie said that. Alice's power is really affected by the decision to DO something, not just think about something. :)
Skank Bale Image Let's roll! | Klutzy Chanteus | Official member of the Dork Squad
Visit here & here DAILY to donate to my city! | Thoughts of a Twi-hard: A Blog of Rants
Ifeellikerain
Learning to Love Green

Post by Ifeellikerain »

Nerd wrote:
I wanted to know that, too, but on a different level. Going to the Volturi seems like such a HUGE effort. My friend and I decided that it would have been so much easier just to step over into La Push and let the doggies have him. But that would mean he wouldn't get to be with Bella, and even though I'm not a big fan of either characters, I wanted them to be happy. :(
I thought that too but actually I don't think Edward knew at this point that the quilutes were shapeshifting again, he knew they had in the past but im not too sure he was aware of it currently...also it would have broken the pact and the tribe might have gone after the rest of the cullens and I doubt Edward would want that.

I always assumed that Edward went to the Volturi bc it would be very quick and no effort on his part...sort of like the difference in pulling a trigger and cutting your wrist, one would be much harder and take much longer where as the other would be quick and..relatively...painless. even if he could tear himself to pieces and sit in a fire i can't imagine it being a very easy thing to do...unlike just stepping into the sunlight :)

oh and also (sorry Im saying so much) if he was brought up in the church which most likely he was back then, he probably was raised to see suicide as a sin and maybe it just felt less sinful to have someone else do him in? just a guess...
twilightsagaaddict
Has Caught Sight of Edward

Post by twilightsagaaddict »

I also think Edward went to the Volterri because he knew his death would be a sure thing-either by Aro/Caius (sp?)/Marcus or by their guard when he planned to walk into plaza.
Proud resident of Rob's Halfway House !!Image
Banner by TammyAZ