Twilight Saga Q&A #2

Ifeellikerain
Learning to Love Green

Re: Twilight Saga Q&A #2

Post by Ifeellikerain »

twilightsagaaddict wrote:I also think Edward went to the Volterri because he knew his death would be a sure thing-either by Aro/Caius (sp?)/Marcus or by their guard when he planned to walk into plaza.
yeah good point! what if he had done it himself only to realize after weeks of pain that he'd done a really poor job and got put back together? he would have to start all over again and relive all of his emotions around Bella's (supposed) death. at least the volturi wouldnt mess it up the first time
CrazilyObsessed024
Banging Out Dents with Tyler
Location: Daydreaming about one thing or another involving Twilight

Post by CrazilyObsessed024 »

Edwards Girl wrote:You know how Bella's mind is like a shield,how could Alice see Bellas future when Bella made the desicion?Doesn't she make desicions in her head?
As said, this is actual stuff, not really having to do with her mind. Yes her mind makes the decisions, but she physically acts them out.

I was going to say something else... Hmmm.
ImageImageImageImageImage
Alison
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by Alison »

I have a few questions:

This morning I was listening to a Twilight podcast from about a year ago (almost to the date). At this point, Breaking Dawn hadn't been released yet; SM was still in the editing process. I don't know the exact source at the moment, but SM did an interview in which she was asked how long she would make the series or how she'd wrap up the series. I don't remember her response verbatim, but she mentioned that she had an outline of ideas for a 5th and 6th book. Does anyone know anything about this? BD ends fairly definitively in my eyes, so does that mean she put those ideas into BD, or is she still planning for a 5th and 6th book, even if it is years down the road?

Also, after I was listening to this podcast, I got to thinking. We know that after someone becomes a werewolf, imprinting occurs at the first sight of the person the werewolf is meant to be with. After Jacob goes through his werewolf transformation and he sees Bella for the first time, it's obvious that he did not imprint on her. Why do you think he continued to try to win her heart all through NM and Eclipse, when he knew it was never meant for him? I know he was in love with her, and it is not so easy to walk away from, but why put Bella through all of the torture of trying to decide between Edward and him, when he knew he'd have to turn his back on her the day he imprinted on someone else? He knew he couldn't force himself to imprint on her, and he always knew her heart was never going to be his, so why keep up the fight he'd never win?

I hope that makes sense. I was listening to this podcast about imprinting, and it had my mind spinning all day. I couldn't wait to come here and ask.
"...I wanted to dream. Maybe, if I could be unconscious, if I could dream, I could live for a few hours in a world where she and I could be together. She dreamed of me. I wanted to dream of her." -Edward, Midnight Sun
Ifeellikerain
Learning to Love Green

Post by Ifeellikerain »

Alison wrote:

Also, after I was listening to this podcast, I got to thinking. We know that after someone becomes a werewolf, imprinting occurs at the first sight of the person the werewolf is meant to be with. After Jacob goes through his werewolf transformation and he sees Bella for the first time, it's obvious that he did not imprint on her. Why do you think he continued to try to win her heart all through NM and Eclipse, when he knew it was never meant for him? I know he was in love with her, and it is not so easy to walk away from, but why put Bella through all of the torture of trying to decide between Edward and him, when he knew he'd have to turn his back on her the day he imprinted on someone else? He knew he couldn't force himself to imprint on her, and he always knew her heart was never going to be his, so why keep up the fight he'd never win?

I hope that makes sense. I was listening to this podcast about imprinting, and it had my mind spinning all day. I couldn't wait to come here and ask.
I thought this too initially but then I remembered that at the time they didn't think imprinting was very common so he may have assumed it wouldn't happen to him. also if you really loved someone no matter how irrationally you may torture yourself for forever trying to win them over. I'm not team jacob but I can see why he wouldn't give up so easily

oh and im curious to see the answer to your first question, i hope someone knows!
shatarah
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by shatarah »

Alison wrote:I have a few questions:

This morning I was listening to a Twilight podcast from about a year ago (almost to the date). At this point, Breaking Dawn hadn't been released yet; SM was still in the editing process. I don't know the exact source at the moment, but SM did an interview in which she was asked how long she would make the series or how she'd wrap up the series. I don't remember her response verbatim, but she mentioned that she had an outline of ideas for a 5th and 6th book. Does anyone know anything about this? BD ends fairly definitively in my eyes, so does that mean she put those ideas into BD, or is she still planning for a 5th and 6th book, even if it is years down the road?
Here's your answer according to http://www.stepheniemeyer.com/bd_faq.html
Why did you decide to end the saga?

The Twilight Saga is really Bella's story, and this was the natural place for her story to wind up. She overcame the major obstacles in her path and fought her way to the place she wanted to be. I suppose I could try to prolong her story unnaturally, but it wouldn't be interesting enough to keep me writing. Stories need conflict, and the conflicts that are Bella-centric are resolved.
Alison
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by Alison »

shatarah wrote:

Here's your answer according to http://www.stepheniemeyer.com/bd_faq.html
Why did you decide to end the saga?

The Twilight Saga is really Bella's story, and this was the natural place for her story to wind up. She overcame the major obstacles in her path and fought her way to the place she wanted to be. I suppose I could try to prolong her story unnaturally, but it wouldn't be interesting enough to keep me writing. Stories need conflict, and the conflicts that are Bella-centric are resolved.
Thanks for that. I already knew this part, but the interview where she mentioned the outlines for a 5th and 6th book was before she had finished BD. I was wondering if she decided mid-BD that she was going to end the series for good and incorporated her ideas for these books into BD, or if she still has these plans on the back burner. I'm searching for the interview as I type this. Also, some of the things I am reading are saying that Midnight Sun is the 5th book, but I don't think it is the 5th book she was speaking of, if that makes sense. At the point of the interview, she was already writing Midnight Sun. The 5th book she was referencing was merely a thought in her head.
"...I wanted to dream. Maybe, if I could be unconscious, if I could dream, I could live for a few hours in a world where she and I could be together. She dreamed of me. I wanted to dream of her." -Edward, Midnight Sun
CrazilyObsessed024
Banging Out Dents with Tyler
Location: Daydreaming about one thing or another involving Twilight

Post by CrazilyObsessed024 »

For your first question, I think she meant Midnight Sun, which is a fifth book, it just ins't events followig the fourth.

For your second question, they didn't think imprinting was that common, so he (smartly) didn't put hope on the fact it would happen to him. And if he had gotten with Bella, then he never would have imprinted on his "special one", so he would have been glad he didn't give Bella up for something that didn't happen.
ImageImageImageImageImage
Kirume
Settled in Forks

Post by Kirume »

Sorry , I have only one question :) :

Aro said Reneesme is half mortal , half immortal .... What does it mean ??? Is she completely immortal ( I mean she can live forever ) or she just stops growing up about physical but will continue growing up about mental or something else ... I can't get it ..
shatarah
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by shatarah »

Kirume wrote:Sorry , I have only one question :) :

Aro said Reneesme is half mortal , half immortal .... What does it mean ??? Is she completely immortal ( I mean she can live forever ) or she just stops growing up about physical but will continue growing up about mental or something else ... I can't get it ..
The answer never really came from Aro because he did not know what would become of her. We got our answer from Nahuel in regards to Renessesme. BD Pg. 465 - 467 explains it
Adrienne
Learning to Love Green

Post by Adrienne »

To answer you're first question, I'm sure Bella's narrating is done but Stephenie has mentioned in other interviews that she's giving the vampire world a break but not that she necessarily was leaving it over. She said somewhere that there are plenty of other very interesting characters that have their own stories to tell and somehow, after reading BD, I thought of Leah. There is so much talk about her unknown future, on whether she can have kids or even imprint so I wonder what would happen with that loose end there. The 5th book is on hold indefinitely (Midnight Sun) due to it being leaked. While I understand that this was her "baby" and she feels bad about it being leaked, it kinda felt like a slap in the face to me that we're not even sure when it's gonna be IF it's gonna be released ever.

Now for Jacob falling in love knowing he might imprint one day, it's love and you can't make your heart just forget about someone even though you're sure you'll never have them. When Edward left Bella, she still loved him deeply even after the cold rejection and pretty much knowing that she'd never see him again. Also, Jacob just doesn't believe he'll ever imprint. He wished he could imprint on Bella because that would mean that he was a perfect match for her but it's not something that can be forced. All through the saga, all the others are imprinting and they're thinking it was something really rare to begin with just like they've never heard of a female becoming a werewolf.

Sam loved Leah knowing about imprinting and then when it happened, what could he do?

Excerpt from Eclipse (Bella and Jacob talking about imprinting):
“When do you think it will happen for you?” I asked quietly.
His answer was flat and immediate. “Never.”
“It’s not something you can control, is it?”
He was silent for a few minutes. Unconsciously, we both walked slower,
barely moving at all.
“It’s not supposed to be,” he admitted. “But you have to see her — the one
that’s supposedly meant for you.”
“And you think that if you haven’t seen her yet, then she’s not out there?” I
asked skeptically. “Jacob, you haven’t really seen much of the world — less
than me, even.”
“No, I haven’t,” he said in a low voice. He looked at my face with suddenly
piercing eyes. “But I’ll never see anyone else, Bella. I only see you. Even
when I close my eyes and try to see something else. Ask Quil or Embry. It
drives them all crazy.”
I think Jacob would do whatever it takes to not meet someone just so that he'll never imprint and leave Bella.

You know you are too into Twilight when you look at your husband and think

"Dammit, why don't you sparkle?"