Gutter Gals & Guys - Baking Peach Cobbler

Nena
Altering source code with Jasper

Re: Gutter Gals & Guys - Baking Peach Cobbler

Post by Nena »

Thank you all, but I think you folks are kind of late on the Christmas presents... I will take it all for Easter if you don't mind putting it all in storage for me.

Happy Anniversary GNE, hope Mr. KNE and you have a great day or night or whatever :twisted:
Cymbrelynn
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by Cymbrelynn »

Wow, thank you all for such a warm welcome! I do feel a bit overwhelmed by all of the posts that have happened since I posted last night but I'm gonna try my danged hardest to keep up! It was a real pleasure reading through all the posts, though :)

And it really is crazy that I never joined the forums. I loved the newsblog and all the other material (timelines, the imperative Q&A's) but I never joined the forums. I think I'll make a lame excuse...I was too busy with college! Yeah, that's it... :P

As per Eddie's request, and also because it's polite, I'll introduce myself further. I'm Kim, 22, no husbands or kids, recent college grad (history major) and I'm from the Philadelphia area. Most of my time lately is devoted to figuring out what to do with my life! Help!

I've got a question. I notice that you keep spelling dirty "dhirty" and I'd love to hear the story behind that one! I look forward to the day when I understand all the codes. I saw some Sookie references back in there. I just finished the first book tonight! Oh. My. Word. I was literally fanning myself off on a cold Philadelphia winter night. Hot hot hot!
"Your hold is permanent and unbreakable. Never doubt that." EC
My avatar is from emaleth@vesperarium!
Goodnight Elizabeth
Lusting for Blood

Post by Goodnight Elizabeth »

Cymbrelynn: Some days move a lot faster than others. We've had days where we went through 10 pages.

Dhirty is our little tribute to the Black Dagger Brotherhood series by JR Ward. They are paranormal romance and very steamy. Way more steamy than Sookie. We have a thread here, but it's very spoilerish. If you blush easy, it isn't the series for you. Think of it like an NC-17 movie. Would that make you blush?

I love Sookie by the way. Well, actually, I love Eric. He is mine.
Squee! Thank you, Nena!
LadyDi
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by LadyDi »

una wrote:Nima you and I really need to start laying off the cold medicine. I was SO confused! :? I finally figured out (after rereading this page about ten times) that LadyDi and SITT are domestically challenged. I can cook - in fact I love to cook. The only good thing about being "furloughed" from the college is being able to make dinner every night again. I love to bake, but usually never have the time.
una, as if I can pass up on that comment! I'm sure your beloved is glad you can cook, but would probably like to see a lot more baking in your kitchen! :twisted:
And yes, I am domestically challenged. I also have a bad case of KIS (Kitchen Impaired Syndrome), also spelled CCIS (Cooking/Cleaning Impaired Syndrome). Don't google CCIS though because it's top secret and hasn't made it into the DSM IV yet. It could be because of my KIDS (Kitchen Incredibility Deficiency Syndrome). Yep, blame it on the KIDS.
This banner is designed by the one-of-a-kind talent known on the Lex as Fry. Thanks!
skylarblue
Cliff Diving with Embry

Post by skylarblue »

Welcome Cymbrelynn!!!

GNE - you really think the BDB books are NC-17, wow I must have a really dhirty mind then because I was thinking they were boarding on the rated R end but then I could be thinking HBO/Showtime/Cinimax mini-series in my head.:lol: Congrats on your and KNE's anniversary.

oleander - you are hysterical. "Clap on, Clap off, the Clapper." Where do you come up with these things?

Spooky - I think that post has to rival a PM that you sent me asking questions about BDB. Way to go on that, Chica!!!! I was impressed.

My Classified:
Hey, I'm skylarblue or sky for short. ;) from MD, in my late 30's, single mom of one teenager (Jesus help me) and just trying to have fun in the world and maybe bring a smile to a strangers face. I have a degree in Psychology (thanks Mom and Dad for spending your hard earned money on that) and can't do anything with it but hey at least I have a degree. :lol: Just trying to make my way in the world and have a good time while doing it.

Lady Di - I think we suffer from the same diseases. I wonder if they have a treatment group for them? If you find one please let me know.
EDC Inc~New Trainee Supervisor~Team Emmett!
Team Kellan~Proud Klutzer!
MS Virgin & Randomness Irregular!
LadyDi
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by LadyDi »

skylarblue wrote:Welcome Cymbrelynn!!!
Lady Di - I think we suffer from the same diseases. I wonder if they have a treatment group for them? If you find one please let me know.
Didn't you hear skylarblue? If you try to treat it, it's terminal. The best course of action is to stay away from possible sources. Doctors are trying to develop a sort of epi-pen (filled with Grey Goose), but trials on mice have proven futile. It's just a disability we are going to have to live with.
(True story: I was treating my hand with moisturizing cream because the skin was shredding off and I began to explain why I was in such a sorry state: "Well, I decided to try and wash the floor ..." when I was interrupted by my dear friend who said "But Di, didn't you forget? You don't do housework." Works better than a Medic Alert bracelet!

(And apologies to anyone with true - or should I say, different - afflictions. No offense meant.)
This banner is designed by the one-of-a-kind talent known on the Lex as Fry. Thanks!
CherryKnots
Settled in Forks

Post by CherryKnots »

I'm a little late... but Happy Birthday, Pel! *hugz*

Yeah. I'm back... for now, until life gets a little too crazy again!

Brief intro: I'm CherryKnots - formerly tchr.... 3 wonderful kids, 16 (DT), 11 (SQ), and 8 (JT). I'm a special education teacher in a public school academy in Michigan... and I teach kids in grades K-12. I'm going to start teaching a creative writing class second semester... which should be interesting and actually force me to finish my novel. Yay!!! I have a bachelor's degree in music - I play saxophone at a (nearly) professional level, and flute & trumpet at high school level. I'm teaching myself to play guitar, and i love to play Rock Band and sing Karaoke. I'm training for a marathon in the fall, and plan to get new body art to commemorate finishing without dying. :lol:

I've read: BDB, MB, P/C... and I'm reading Lords of the Underworld right now. I'm going to hit Dark Hunter after I finish them. Thanks ladies... you're corrupting my otherwise moral and upright views by getting me to read this lit! *snort*

Di: if they come up with that Epi-Pen thingy filled with my Goose, I'd gladly be involved in the study the FDA would do here in the States! heh.

did i forget anything? GNE? CG? Anyone?

As for the thread name... Baking Peach Cobbler... bwahahahahhaha! that's sooooo dhirrrrrrty! :twisted:
CherryKnots is the VampBard!
It is possible to be utterly, and completely dazzled. Having your breath taken away each and every time you're enveloped in his arms-bliss.

Banner by the wonderful and talented VampCandy, Nena!
Spooncha
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by Spooncha »

Wow. That took a LONG time to get caught up. Welcome Eddie C. and Cymbrelyn!

I hope everyone who's been sick is feeling better. Gadz. All at once, huh? Decongestants are good. With luck, nothing stronger will be necessary. Passing "Bob" around can't hurt, though...

Okay...Favorite thing about Christmas--my 10-year-old daughter helped my 7-year-old son assemble some of his new Lego kits :shock: , and my mom flew out here for a few days. BDE (my husband, if you don't know yet) is off work until the 5th as well, so we're just bumming around without a schedule and whatnot. Nice!

I'm going to combine my "bad habits" and "New Year's resolutions" answers here--I'm a work in progress and don't see that changing anytime soon.

I think 14 is plenty old enough for BD. We go by this principle: if they ask, we answer truthfully. We figure they're hearing it from somewhere, if they know enough to ask. Better to set them straight now, rather than try to correct potentially dangerous misinformation later. Some things can't be undone. And they are starting earlier now, I believe. Just a thought.

Introductions: (clears throat) Hello. My name is "Spoon" (all say: "Hi, Spoon!"), and I'm a 37-year-old mother of two (three if you count Sam dog). I'm an unapologetic smut collector with a husband who's remarkably indulgent of my book stacks. AND he can cook (I didn't say BAKE, at least--snort). I'm likewise a walking defoliant (cheers to all the plant-killerz!).

Is that it?

Happy Chanukah, Spooky!
"Don't make us bite you in hard-to-reach places!"
-The Tick

http://www.myspace.com/ichamama
EddieC
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by EddieC »

spookybell wrote:
welcome EddieC!
You are only 20 eh...( so you say) but that works for me. Hahaha! I assume you are a guy... but you never know, so i understand enjoying the books but haveing no abilityto deel with teen drama. Teen fan base is scary! I was one of them when I was a teen. I was not a scary teen fan, but man there were a lot of them.

awww... Eddie... you are a sweet brother. Remember there is no Sex in BD... it's all implied. As a 14 year old I could handle it. Also, I find that most of my 14 -16 year old Twilight fan's find the whole Renesmee pregnancy thing kida gross. So don't worry. Either she knows more than you prefer to think of her knowing about sex or it will go over her head. I'd say a mature 12 year old could even handle it.

Oh... and us girls love men... so you have to put up with our girly fantacy fun. Remind us... we have a few good men around here. Vampman may take you under his wing He's a pretty cool twi-guy. And... your dog is cute too.
Awww! Thanks there! I think after the overwhelming response and opinions I feel better now, it's just me over reacting and the such I hope.

I am a guy! A Twi-guy now, since the term has more then stuck onto me, I like being unique and the minority ;)

It's the screaming that gets to me... uggg *shivers*

LOL, I'll have to meet this Vampman myself...

I just realize, that I'm a youngin' to you all in here... I might be better off "out there" XD LOL!
bac wrote:Poor EddieC. I think we are going to scare him away. We really are nice Eddie. We just like to have fun. And some of these ladies do a little bit of biting, but it shouldn't hurt too bad.
NOPE! Still don't understand the biting! Someone needs to FAQ me on that one :P

And you all have been EXTREMELY nice so far! No worries :D
twilightmom wrote: Eddie: Welcome. Tip - take notes! (right, LadyDi?!) There are a lot of us, but don't bite unless invited to. Feel free to PM me, or others if you have questions. It took me about 2 months to get used to all the names and acronyms. We all read (have read) a lot of Paranormal Romance books (aka smut), so you'll see a lot of references to those characters - like Butch, Eric, V, etc.
Uggg, this will take me FOREVER to try to memorize, I find it easier when we start talking, so I can allocate you all to different parts of memory (such as Nena the Grandma! )
Cymbrelynn wrote:Wow, thank you all for such a warm welcome! I do feel a bit overwhelmed by all of the posts that have happened since I posted last night but I'm gonna try my danged hardest to keep up! It was a real pleasure reading through all the posts, though :)

And it really is crazy that I never joined the forums. I loved the newsblog and all the other material (timelines, the imperative Q&A's) but I never joined the forums. I think I'll make a lame excuse...I was too busy with college! Yeah, that's it... :P

As per Eddie's request, and also because it's polite, I'll introduce myself further. I'm Kim, 22, no husbands or kids, recent college grad (history major) and I'm from the Philadelphia area. Most of my time lately is devoted to figuring out what to do with my life! Help!

I've got a question. I notice that you keep spelling dirty "dhirty" and I'd love to hear the story behind that one! I look forward to the day when I understand all the codes. I saw some Sookie references back in there. I just finished the first book tonight! Oh. My. Word. I was literally fanning myself off on a cold Philadelphia winter night. Hot hot hot!
XD ha ha! It IS a lot! I shiver to find the state that my inbox will be tomorrow morning when I wake up!

Oh! Hi Kim, you're the closest I've found to my age! *high fives*
skylarblue wrote: My Classified:
Hey, I'm skylarblue or sky for short. ;) from MD, in my late 30's, single mom of one teenager (Jesus help me) and just trying to have fun in the world and maybe bring a smile to a strangers face. I have a degree in Psychology (thanks Mom and Dad for spending your hard earned money on that) and can't do anything with it but hey at least I have a degree. Just trying to make my way in the world and have a good time while doing it.

OH MY GOSH

You do NOT know how much that is like me, "just trying to have fun in the world and maybe bring a smile to a strangers face." I love that, I absolutely adore it

I run flash mobs now to quench that part of my life, http://improvintoronto.com !

I love wikipedia's article on Random acts of kindness - "A random act of kindness is a purportedly selfless act performed by a person or persons wishing to either assist or cheer up an individual or in some cases even an animal."
CherryKnots wrote:
Brief intro: I'm CherryKnots - formerly tchr.... 3 wonderful kids, 16 (DT), 11 (SQ), and 8 (JT). I'm a special education teacher in a public school academy in Michigan... and I teach kids in grades K-12. I'm going to start teaching a creative writing class second semester... which should be interesting and actually force me to finish my novel. Yay!!! I have a bachelor's degree in music - I play saxophone at a (nearly) professional level, and flute & trumpet at high school level. I'm teaching myself to play guitar, and i love to play Rock Band and sing Karaoke. I'm training for a marathon in the fall, and plan to get new body art to commemorate finishing without dying.
:D Hazzah! I love music, I was in band back in High school, and I played the bass clarinet/contra bass clarinet.

My friend is a Jazz Muscian (of the starving variety of course), and he invites me out to play gigs with him at times, I play the sax then :P

ROCK BAND! :D I just tried Maps on Extreme Drums today, whoa...
Spooncha wrote:
I think 14 is plenty old enough for BD. We go by this principle: if they ask, we answer truthfully. We figure they're hearing it from somewhere, if they know enough to ask. Better to set them straight now, rather than try to correct potentially dangerous misinformation later. Some things can't be undone. And they are starting earlier now, I believe. Just a thought.

Introductions: (clears throat) Hello. My name is "Spoon" (all say: "Hi, Spoon!"), and I'm a 37-year-old mother of two (three if you count Sam dog). I'm an unapologetic smut collector with a husband who's remarkably indulgent of my book stacks. AND he can cook (I didn't say BAKE, at least--snort). I'm likewise a walking defoliant (cheers to all the plant-killerz!).
Hey Spoon!

Thanks for the reassuring thought, thats great XD

LOL, smut? Thats awesome! :D and a man that can cook wins female hearts?
Last edited by EddieC on Tue Dec 30, 2008 12:53 am, edited 2 times in total.
All about Flash Mobs
... bit of a Geek
... Ultimate happy
... and a hopeless romantic
Goodnight Elizabeth
Lusting for Blood

Post by Goodnight Elizabeth »

Sky: Perhaps it is I who has the dirtier mind. In my head, the scenes are quite explicit. Maybe I made them dhirtier than Ward intended. LOL

Thanks guys! I hope KNE and I have a good day tomorrow. Sometimes we wait and celebrate our anniversary on NYE. We were originally going to be married on NYE, but the church scheduled a kid NYE party that night instead. Our wedding was a mess.

I'd had surgery 4 months and then again one month before, so I was in a foul mood. My dress had to have panels put in because I'd swelled up after surgery. For my last fitting a week before the wedding, the seamstress had to remove ALL the panels. If she'd left it alone, she would have had to remove material. We were both too tired to go on our honeymoon after the wedding. We went home and crashed. We left the next day. We had a flat as soon as we arrived at our destination - after driving around for 45 minutes trying to find the hotel.

We were approached by a man outside our hotel the next night. We were thisclose to being robbed. At 2am outside our room, I saw a yellow Ryder truck repeatedly crash into a little red car. There was no exit behind the hotel, so the Ryder truck was making his own regardless of who was parked in his way.

I have to stop....hahahaha. There was more than that.

Woo hoo! Cherryknots & Spoon make an appearance.

Me --> _______o
Squee! Thank you, Nena!