Gutter Gals & Guys - Baking Peach Cobbler

Goodnight Elizabeth
Lusting for Blood

Re: Gutter Gals & Guys - Baking Peach Cobbler

Post by Goodnight Elizabeth »

Thanks everyone! I'm not sure what KNE &I will do today. He's currently at the doctor for a check-up.

Oleander: Just this once, I guess my SuperTwin & I can share Eric. :lol: :lol:

Nena: Do you still have your "Queen of the Scoop" avi? If so, that will show the newbies how much of a hawt granny you are.

QOTD: I've had the stomach flu with high fever that lasted 5 days. Most know I had 4 surgeries in 11 months. 3 of those surgeries were akin to C-sections, but without the present. The worst I've felt was after my tonsillectomy when I was 26. That was AWFUL. After everything I've endured, THAT was the worst. The sickest I've ever been was May 07 when I had a severe allergic reaction to prescribed meds. I had the whole body rash that grew worse from one side of my body to the next. My face and ears were also covered in red bumps and splotches. I had a 104.9 temp at least twice. The blood vessels in both my eyes hemorrhaged. 5 minutes after discovering that little surprise, KNE drove me to the ER. I looked so pitiful (and well you know...verge of death thing) that I was bumped to first in line. I went in before guy with dangling arm. I was given a shot in the butt muscle and 1.5 hours later was back home.

No one told me that my eyes would look much much worse before they cleared. We left for vacation 3 days after my ER trip, and while on vacation my eyes were completely red. NO WHITE. My irises were purple. Too bad I hadn't discovered Twilight then. I could've gone around saying I was a newborn. Pity.
Squee! Thank you, Nena!
L.Cullen
Settled in Forks

Post by L.Cullen »

Hey guys! I've posted here 2-3 months ago, but mostly I just lurk. But since I'm home with my kids out of school and training a new pug puppy (named Bella by my daughter), I thought I'd join in.

GNE--When is your bday? I think you and I are close in age by days. Mine's 6-16.

As far as the sickest I've ever been--hmmmm. It would have to be when I was about 24. I caught the chicken pox. I felt sick and ran a fever for a few weeks then broke out! Yikes! Don't even want to think about it. Then, naturally, the immunization came out about a month later. figures
There was also a time when I was in nursing school when I had to get under a croup tent with a kid. Of course, he coughed right in my face. I was sick for 3-4 weeks, but then all of us who were on our peds rotation were.

Thanks for letting me join in. I enjoy reading all the posts!
Goodnight Elizabeth
Lusting for Blood

Post by Goodnight Elizabeth »

L.Cullen: I'm 6-26 -- We are close. Same year? You are also a midwest gal, too, right?

Nima: I replied to you about DH on the DH thread. Are you enjoying this high wind today? I hope I still have a roof.
Squee! Thank you, Nena!
CherryKnots
Settled in Forks

Post by CherryKnots »

Happy Anniversary, GNE & KNY! May you share many more years of happiness!!!

QOTD: After 7 knee surgeries, and 2 foot reconstruction surgeries (basically complicated bunion surgeries), the worst i have experienced was choosing to NOT take painkillers for 3 days after my first foot surgery. stupid, stupid, stupid! i was in soooo much pain... the transition from human to vamp (ala Twilight) would have been a piece of cake. Hrm. Then again, i think i am pretty sure that 7 months of morning (all day) sickness... twice... qualifies as pretty miserable as well.

I am heading out shortly to B&N to get me some Niko and the BDB Compendium. I *am* behind in my paranormal smut reading. Darn work... gets in teh way of what i really want to be doing!

L.Cullen: I am June 1st. We need to have a virtual birthday party. Oh. Wait. Nevermind. Heh.

Then again... if we did do a virtual birthday party... we could invite the Brothers as stripper entertainment. Imagine Rhage... *inner monologue*!!! Nima... you KNOW you would be the first with an RSVP! :D

Who is the PSD for today? What character or series are we on? So, so behind.... mea culpa.
CherryKnots is the VampBard!
It is possible to be utterly, and completely dazzled. Having your breath taken away each and every time you're enveloped in his arms-bliss.

Banner by the wonderful and talented VampCandy, Nena!
Spooncha
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by Spooncha »

Happy Anniversary, GNE!!!

Eddie C: Oldies??? Dear word, you really said that, didn't you...

I'm going to pick up Nico's book as soon as I post this. Everyone's in the car waiting for me right now, as a matter of fact, but, priorities...you know?

As it's the holidays, is it time to haul out "The Gutter Song" for everyone??

QOTD: I agree that illness and pain are two different things, but I haven't really ranked mine. There was a hospital stay or two...

Okay--off to the bookstore!!!!!!!
"Don't make us bite you in hard-to-reach places!"
-The Tick

http://www.myspace.com/ichamama
una
Secret Spy for the Warden
Location: Sequestered in an alternate reality full of paranormal studs who find me irresitable!

Post by una »

CherryKnots I have missed you girl! Glad to see you back. I whole heartedly agree, work really does get in the way of smut reading, lex posting, YM chatting, etc. If only I was independently wealthy. My DGGs could all live with me! :D

I'm about to leave with hubby to go get Niko! *squee*

We cross posted Spoon! We are going to be like "looking at the same moon" as we both go to the book store!
I am the Impulsive VampVixen.
Thanks to SprtyGal and Fry for the AWESOME banner!
L.Cullen
Settled in Forks

Post by L.Cullen »

Goodnight Elizabeth wrote:L.Cullen: I'm 6-26 -- We are close. Same year? You are also a midwest gal, too, right?

Nima: I replied to you about DH on the DH thread. Are you enjoying this high wind today? I hope I still have a roof.
GNE--you said you were 38.5. If that's true, then yes the same year. I do live in the midwest--in the Ozarks.

I live in the midwest and hate the wind. Not a good combo. We live in a brick house so it doesn't rattle, but it does howl between our house and the neighbors, keeps me up at night. If it lasts too many days or blows too hard, I'll end up with a headache. But hey, at least it's in the 60s today and the sun is shining!
twilightmom
Fishing with Charlie

Post by twilightmom »

Nima: OME - HOW could I have forgotten? *smacks self with that strip of bacon* Thank you for setting me straight. I've read 9 books since Rhage and have gotten a little carried away. Please forgive me!

Eddie: You can even skip the quotes and do like this... Just name and response. (Unless the quote is necessary for continuity).

Bewitched: I'm with you about Dorian... I'm reading his book right now (no spoilers, sorry CG!) He's pretty hunky in my mind! :oops:

Twilight Book: I checked a couple sites and did not see anything about the release. Anyone else?

Cherryknots and Spoon: Great to see you on Gutter!!
Banner created by the incredibly talented Nena! THANK YOU, MY FRIEND!
Spooncha
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by Spooncha »

una wrote:We are going to be like "looking at the same moon" as we both go to the book store!
As long as it's not the manager at the bookstore's, that's fine with me!! Hee!

Going now, but BDE asked me to come back and send GNE a "Happy Anniversary" from him, too!!
"Don't make us bite you in hard-to-reach places!"
-The Tick

http://www.myspace.com/ichamama
inspired
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by inspired »

Before I dive in and start to sort through all the pages I have missed....

Happy 10th Anniversary, GNE!!
December 1998 was a great time to get married ;)

Its great to be back! I missed everyone so much...I'll be a good little gutter girls and go back and catch up now :D
found by MMETP, courtesy of em3228 @ photobucket