Gutter Gals & Guys - Baking Peach Cobbler

bac
Mesmerized by her own Dr. Cullen

Re: Gutter Gals & Guys - Baking Peach Cobbler

Post by bac »

Vampman, sorry it has been a tough year. I too hope that 2009 is better.

2008: I have to agree with BSL that there have been ups and downs with some A+ times and F times. I would rate the overall year a solid B. I do have a lot to be grateful for and I am truly blessed in my life. I just need to recognize it more and make better choices. Here's to better choices in 2009!

Happy New Year!
I hope you all have fun celebrations tonight whatever you may be doing. Please be safe as well. See you in the new year.
by Laniyeah on photobucket
skylarblue
Cliff Diving with Embry

Post by skylarblue »

Wishing Everyone A Safe & Happy New Year!!!!

QOTD: I would give this year an overall B. While there have be those A+ moments (discovering Twilight, joining the Lex, meeting great new friends, my family and health) and those F moments (work, money, bills, etc) but overall this year has been good.

I'm just hoping 2009 brings new and exciting challenges my way.
EDC Inc~New Trainee Supervisor~Team Emmett!
Team Kellan~Proud Klutzer!
MS Virgin & Randomness Irregular!
Addicted
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by Addicted »

In case I dont make it back again today....Happy New Year!!!!
Chat with ya'll next year ;)
oleander
Ignoring Renee's E-Mails

Post by oleander »

aw, vampman buddy, thanks for the shout outs! you know you're ace in my books. i hope that 2009 is better for you. you know we're all here for you.

I LOVE the gutter theme song! I was sitting at my desk here at work singing it and laughing.

so, my 2008, eh? i won't go on forever because i could. Although there have been some serious rough patches, i have to give 2008 a solid A because of the amount of growth i've had. I got my crap together, i stopped wallowing in self-pity, i lost a ton of weight, i gained a lot of respect, i committed to a personal trainer and to myself, and i've realized that I AM WORTH IT! it's been a long road.

to steal something from an e-mail i sent to Twimom this morning:

When I look back on 2008 it will be the first year I can do so with a smile. It is the year I met my Kindred, my spookytwin and a whole huge family of sisters (and a couple of brothers) all because of a dream that a regular housewife had in 2005 about an impossibly beautiful vampire and the human he loved but felt he couldn’t have, didn’t deserve to have. 2008 has been the year of the impossible becoming possible. 2009 will be the year that dreams become reality. I’m really starting to believe that now.

When i was on the treadmill today i heard a song and have decided that it will be my theme song for 2009. Beautiful U R by Deborah Cox http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-BoGA5sPRrg
inspired
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by inspired »

Happy New Year, Darling Guttermates!

What to say about 2008...The best thing I can say is that I survived it :) Given the year that it was, that is no small feat!! Though it was a terrible year I learned a lot, loved a lot and discovered that I am stronger than I thought I was.

I got the chance to meet and fall in love with all of the residents of Forks, WA. Thanks to Twilight, I got to meet a group of amazing people that I would have never known otherwise. I LOVE YOU! My dearest Twin, CG, GNE, Twimom, Spooky, Oleander, Skylar, Lady Di, Nima, Spoon...all y'all have been a bright spot on many a crummy day.
*throwing kisses and Emmett hugs*

Variety Your theme is awesome! If I could get my music software up and running I would record it for us and post it. GAH! sometimes I hate my computer :evil:

Twin, Chin up, Chicken!! Are you feeling the love in the gutter? We got your back. That is what friends do for each other and you got a whole lot here!
found by MMETP, courtesy of em3228 @ photobucket
nissanmama
Officially Bitten!

Post by nissanmama »

oleander you've done some amazing things this year. Given what you've accomplished, I thought it was really appropriate that you chose a Deborah Cox song. Her music is used a lot in exercise classes! I have one on my playlists that is a spinning standard.

It's been snowing giant flakes all morning, but nothing is sticking. It's like living inside a snowglobe. It's nice to have something happy to point to when I ready to kill, mame and dismember T-pa and FS over these college applications!!! :x I swear, someone please neuter them!
https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/p ... directlink
40-something and feeling a little like Mrs. Cope.
Banner by Fry
vampman
I'm A Proud Twilight Guy

Post by vampman »

I just wanted to take a minute before I had to sign out for the week.

Thank you so very much to everyone that has wished me well in '09. It can only get better from here! It feels pretty good to know that I have friends that are here for me! I love you all

Twin,

My most awesome twin, I could not of picked a better one! As always thank you for being here for me. You have been a great friend to me and I love you for it!!! And yes I am feeling the love in the gutter.

I hope you are able to get that music software up and running. I am sure everyone would love to hear The Gutter theme!

oleander,

As always thank you for your kind words. You are ace in my book too. I am glad that your have been working on your self esteem. You are a wonderful person and don't you ever forget that!

Everyone have a wonderful and safe New Year!!! See you all in the new one!

I have my own '09 theme song to include Nickelback
Last edited by vampman on Wed Dec 31, 2008 5:11 pm, edited 4 times in total.
twilightmom
Fishing with Charlie

Post by twilightmom »

Nima: Do we need to get out the bacon strips for FS?

It is snowing hard here - already have 6+ inches. SO much for a relaxing day. With the hubby's back out, I had to take down all the Christmas decorations myself. Now, I have to vacume it all up. Then, outside to shovel. GRRR... :x But, Hubby and I are supposed to go out for an early dinner, so that should be nice.

QOTD: I'd rate 2008 with a solid A. Highlights include my 10 year anniversary trip to Maui for 8 nights WITHOUT THE KIDS!!! First time every since they were born. It was truly a wonderous time. Also, discovering Twilight. Which lead me to the LEX and all the wonderful people I have met here. I truly value the friendship I have made with many of you. I feel closer to a lot of you, than many of my "in person" friends! Thanks.
Banner created by the incredibly talented Nena! THANK YOU, MY FRIEND!
cullengirl
Cataloging the Cullen Library

Post by cullengirl »

I'm very giddy at the moment. I went to the library and had a field day. :ugeek: I checked out about 13 books and a few magazines. I also headed to the video story and rented about 5 movies. Boy, do I feel a dork or what? Hopefully, adorkable!

N'mama: As always, thank you for the yummy PSD. I hope T-pa and FS get their act together.

QTOD 1: I've never been truly sick. I've had terrible colds where I was in bed and been told that I look yellowish, but thankfully nothing too severe.

QTOD 2: I would give this year a B+. The best times were: hanging out my gutter family, reading BD and other great books, meeting the Brothers, Breed, Kitty Kats & pack, and the DH warriors, leaving work.

oleander- You're incredible and an inspiration! You're worth it, believe me!

Vampman- Who else would it be? :twisted: :lol:

Happy New Year! I hope 2009 will be good year for all of us.
“Darkness will never take me…because I have you. Light of my life, Marissa. That’s what you are.”-LR
Banner by the awesome, beautiful and incredible Nena!
oleander
Ignoring Renee's E-Mails

Post by oleander »

NiMa, i had to laugh when i saw what song it was you were referring to! That song was on constant replay at the bar I used to work at and i had to laugh out loud. We used to have such silly times dancing around to that. Thanks! :)

I can't believe they are making us work the whole day today! The phone hasn't rang in almost an hour. I'm wondering if they just forgot to tell us that we could leave.

Oh well, it's been a fun day of surfing the net, reading fanfic, and reflecting on 2008. ;)

(and you know that as soon as i wrote that the phone rang--go figure!) :)

Twimom, did you get busted sending me that e-mail earlier?? ;)