Gutter Gals & Guys - Baking Peach Cobbler

Feathers
Lusting for Blood

Re: Gutter Gals & Guys - Baking Peach Cobbler

Post by Feathers »

Other than an amazingly lazy day on New Year's, I decided that in addition to reading 52 books in 52 weeks, I want to learn a new language every year. I'm going to get the do-it-yourself cheaper version of Rosetta Stone (because I can't afford Rosetta Stone) and try and teach myself a new language every year. This year is...

Portuguese!

Spooky, love the banner. I just keep staring at it, trying to figure out what's going on. I'll end up laughing and shaking my head and giving up, but then I'll look right back to it again. Haha Way to keep me entertained!

Congratulations, Wingtear!
Weddings? I love weddings! Drinks all around... :roll: (Did I mention I was 21 for this New Year's...? Haha.)
<3 Ren
She used to be human, and then it changed. How did she die? Why did she meet James? One couple’s unlikely love story is another person’s untimely tragedy. Ashes
Ren's newest story!
inspired
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by inspired »

Just as I thought I would surely go insane from the lack of respite in my life, I read about Edwards shickles...I needed that laugh Thank You, Ren!! What did I do for New Year's Day? I hooked up my ipod to our stereo and played music really loud! I made fudge...read some more of The Time Traveler's Wife...made plans for all the things I am going to accomplish once the kids go back to school (3 days and counting)...caught up with some guttermates on YM...a very good day!

Variety oy! I am sorry to hear that your prof is such a PITA (can I say that, Nena?) and before the semester even starts...ick! Hang in there, if he/she gets to be to much we can sic the Volturri on them :twisted:

GNE I am feeling a lot like you and Spookybell, the Lex changed my life too. I am 6 months behind you on the Twilight Timeline but I get how you feel :D

Wingtear Congratulations on your wedding!! I was married on Dec. 24 (1998) Good day to get married ;)
I wish you and your husband all the best!
found by MMETP, courtesy of em3228 @ photobucket
BlueStarlight
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by BlueStarlight »

Variety~ Wow! I had weird professors in college, too. One I totally didn't understand; he had a seriously dry sense of humor. He also happened to be the President of the college, and he preached chapel twice a month. I went to a small Bible college at my church. snooooooooze.... There were several students there who were married with small children; I don't see how they got through it, but for the grace of God. Keep your head up, and remember you can always come here to vent your frustrations!

GNE, Spook, and others~ Thank you for the well-wishes. I'm feeling much better today. You guys are so sweet! I just love my friemily!!

Feathers~ Wow, a new language every year? That is a great goal to have. I've always wanted to learn Italian, since it's a big part of my heritage. I would probably do better to learn Spanish, though. I live in Texas, and there's a large Hispanic population here...knowing the language would help a lot.

LCullen~ OME- Restless Leg Syndrome! My hubby had that a few years ago. His doctor gave him that new medicine that was out for it (I can't remember the name) at the time. It made him so sick! Then his doctor gave him a different one, and it made him sick, too. I'm glad you have something that eases the feeling.

Spoon~ Speaking of kids on the Wii boxing game... My nephew is 3. He and his dad boxed after dinner on Christmas. My nephew KO'd his dad in the first round!!! Granted, dad wasn't doing anything but moving the paddles, not really trying. My nephew doesn't really know what buttons make which moves, but he obviously did something right! It was so great to see the look on his face as we were all cheering him!! I have a pic of them in my Christmas album on FB.

Okay, I think that's all. :lol: Good day to everyone!
una
Secret Spy for the Warden
Location: Sequestered in an alternate reality full of paranormal studs who find me irresitable!

Post by una »

Howdy all! Congratulations Wingtear!! Hope you get some "alone" time with your new hubby soon!! I love the new banner!

Nima glad you had no midnight trips to the Bondmans! Hope you had a GREAT day. Thanks for the Talon picture, that was fantastic!

BSL I hope you are feeling better!

Variety hang in there. No matter the course, there will always be those professor you just have to survive.

My New Year's Day Plans: started out not having internet! :evil: I so missed you all. So, we bummed around here all day, watched the Rose Parade and the Rose Bowl. I finished Drawgonswan, Bite (a REALLY good anthology, with a Sookie story) and am halfway through another book. We are off to breakfast at our favorite restaurant today.
I am the Impulsive VampVixen.
Thanks to SprtyGal and Fry for the AWESOME banner!
cullengirl
Cataloging the Cullen Library

Post by cullengirl »

una wrote: No matter the course, there will always be those professor you just have to survive.
You can say that again! I had an English prof who was the biggest jerk ever. He basically lectured everyday how stupid we were and then made us read about the White Whale. It was awful. Some students went to his office to seek extra help, but that didn't work, especially for the females...if you get my drift.

I can't believe my vacation is almost over. I don't think I can get up at 6 am anymore. The earliest I've ever gotten up was at 8am. :shock: Oh well, I'm excited to start student teaching. Yay for new experiences in 2009!
“Darkness will never take me…because I have you. Light of my life, Marissa. That’s what you are.”-LR
Banner by the awesome, beautiful and incredible Nena!
bac
Mesmerized by her own Dr. Cullen

Post by bac »

cullengirl wrote: Yay for new experiences in 2009!
I agree! We can all face whatever comes our way, and even look forward to facing the new experiences.

The Rose Parade was beautiful as ever. The floats had some new things I hadn't seen before like the diving one where people dove into the water. I loved one that had an animal/jungle theme. There was a cool leopard/cheetah animal on a tree and it made me think of the p/c cats. Purrrr.
I took a nap and watched movies. We watched less football than I expected, but hubby didn't really seem to "want" to watch the football and I am not that big of an enthusiast to watch it over a movie. In my house growing up I would have just blasphemed. I would have to go wash my mouth out, nothing comes over football. I am sure many of my family were around the tv yesterday, especially since my dad went to USC. We are Trojan fans in our family. And before you make any jokes about Trojans, I am talking about the ancient warriors, not the prophylactic.
by Laniyeah on photobucket
nissanmama
Officially Bitten!

Post by nissanmama »

bac wrote:I am not that big of an enthusiast to watch it over a movie. In my house growing up I would have just blasphemed. I would have to go wash my mouth out, nothing comes over football. I am sure many of my family were around the tv yesterday, especially since my dad went to USC. We are Trojan fans in our family. And before you make any jokes about Trojans, I am talking about the ancient warriors, not the prophylactic.
Ahhh...bac, it's so nice to know I'm not the only one in my world with the same affliction. My dad went to USC too! Of course when I think of ancient warriors now, I think of Julian, and Kryian and Valerius and Acheron...
https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/p ... directlink
40-something and feeling a little like Mrs. Cope.
Banner by Fry
oleander
Ignoring Renee's E-Mails

Post by oleander »

A dear friend of mine is in town tonight so I met up with her and some other friends for supper and a visit which was nice...until all four of us went headfirst into the gutter. My friend asked if I was still reading the smutty vampire books, which lead to them asking me what they were like, which lead to a discussion about funny euphemisms and how the WARDen needs a thesaurus sometimes, which lead to every single word coming out of our mouths suddenly being totally dhirty.

Then they accused me of being the instigator of all this gutteriness (which was making even me blush!).

We all had a good laugh over it, but i'm pretty sure they think i'm a total perv now.

sometimes i feel so alone ;) :lol:

I'm so thankful that I have you guys...at least there's a few people out there who understand. :lol:
stuckinthetundra
Wandering Through Town

Post by stuckinthetundra »

ok i can't begin to catch up with y'all so i'm going to say hey and wave to all the new comers... i'm sitt.
mom of 4 resident beauty queen and n'mas bff and no i can't make jello.... mama said i had to come and defend myself on this issue but the reality is i can't defend myself... i have accepted this failure in my life and moved forward from it..... unless people decide to rub lemon flavored powder into my wounds ;)

yes bac it is possible... completely and totally possible.

i cook, bake *snort* in and out of the kitchen all the time. i am great at taking a bunch of misc. items out of the cupboard or fridge and turning them into a meal but i can't make jello at all.
i can't explain it but it never works for me. i follow the directions to the letter, i boil the water, nothing works. to answer spookybell's question sometimes it is rubbery sometimes it is watery sometimes it is something in-between. it just never turns out. i have had so many people try to help me/teach me it just won't work. it is like the jello knows it is me and says.. 'ya right not happening babe' i have had a tiny amount of success if i sitr the dry jello powder into cottage cheese or cool whip and make a salad out of it that way but if it involves hot water/cold water disolve and put in the fridge to set it is not setting up in my house. so glad hubby doesn't have that problem... the not setting up problem. i figure it is the least of my worries, now that you can buy jello in the little cups i don't really need to make the stuff anyway and you really only eat it when your sick so all in all i don't consider it a great loss. i am however grateful to know that my lack of jello making skills gives GE some pleasure. i mean i live for nothing if not to please my gutter girls. i'll work on lacking in other areas too... hey i have a ginormous cold sore on my lip and had to have pictures taken today for a magazine article i'm being featured in in feb does that count ;)

anyway, i need to go finish making mushroom ravioli and beef for the late dinner hubby and i are going to have so i'll sign off now but will work to be better at checking in... i know it is feast or faminine with me lately and i'm sorry too many hours working, too many demanding family members and on crappy computer mean not enough gutter time but i miss you all!!!!! xoxoxoxox
Stuckinthetundra is : Indestructible VampToy

I can put my crown on if it makes it more offical :)
una
Secret Spy for the Warden
Location: Sequestered in an alternate reality full of paranormal studs who find me irresitable!

Post by una »

SITT we have so missed you! Glad you were able to pop in and clear the air about the jello. Whether you can make jello or not, we still love you!

Today has been good. The little ones have left so Auntie Una and Uncle Hubby are now basking in the silence that is echoing with the loss of a two year old and a four month old. However it was a blast to have them no matter the length of time. As it has been quiet here, I hope everyone has had a fabulous day and is all well!
I am the Impulsive VampVixen.
Thanks to SprtyGal and Fry for the AWESOME banner!