Gutter Gals & Guys - Baking Peach Cobbler

VampLover
Learning to Love Green

Re: Gutter Gals & Guys - Baking Peach Cobbler

Post by VampLover »

Misfit That is a great teaser, so something I would read!!

I only joined the lex in October. I lurked for a while then decided to join. I still lurk more than I post, mostly because I dont' have anything interesting to say!! :lol: But also because the only working computer I have is at work and so I only post when its lunch or like now when I'm sneaking. shhhh don't tell

I do have to say that I love it here, you guys crack me up!! I can be having a crap day and come here and am instally cheered up!! And if I may be so cheesey....YOU GUYS ROCK!!
As long as I was on my way to Hell - I might as well enjoy the journey.
una
Secret Spy for the Warden
Location: Sequestered in an alternate reality full of paranormal studs who find me irresitable!

Post by una »

Don't worry Vamplover, I typically post at work...and it's usually sneaking. I won't tell if you won't! :lol:

Of course GNE is nice, she's my SuperTwin! :D I also find her to be quite tactful and respectful when slapping those that step out of line with raw bacon. :twisted: :lol: Oh and she's quite eloquent about it too!

Misfit, that teaser is still evil! Teasers are always what get me to read a book. Books without good teasers I can skip or (like the one I'm trying to read now) mean that the story is blah. :evil: Nothing worse than a blah book. You will have to let us know when you are getting it published, I will definitely want to read it! :D

Nima I think he's good as Sterling (maybe a bit young) and who is Kit in DH? Maybe I haven't met him yet. I'd dig back into DH and then go back to Sookie. That's my problem with my library request list. I have to get them read and turned back in, but my other books (like DH) are borrowed from friends so I'm sure they don't mind if I keep them a little long *bats eyes at GNE*. Also, the Sookie books are a really quick read, hope you aren't housebound today due to snow! How's FS doing?

QOTD: I love to make snow angels, trudge/hike around and build snowmen in the snow. However, we have to drive an hour or more to get to snow if we want to play in it. There is something also really relaxing watching snow fall while indoors, snuggled under a blanket with a book and a cup of tea next to a roaring fire.
I am the Impulsive VampVixen.
Thanks to SprtyGal and Fry for the AWESOME banner!
nissanmama
Officially Bitten!

Post by nissanmama »

una wrote:who is Kit in DH? Maybe I haven't met him yet.
Oop! Kit is a kitty cat, future alpha P/C.
https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/p ... directlink
40-something and feeling a little like Mrs. Cope.
Banner by Fry
twilightmom
Fishing with Charlie

Post by twilightmom »

I'll tell you what I don't like to do in the snow: SHOVEL... I've already been out twice today. PLUS I get my *kudos* for the day b/c I shoveled the walk and deck at my kids' preschool... My back will not be happy tomorrow. Hey, maybe I can borrow some of Hubby's meds! The weather has gotten really yucky here - started as snow, but has been raining for a couple of hours. So now it's all slush and yuck and really heavy to push around.

But I do love to play with the kids in the snow. I used to love downhill skiing, but I haven't been in 7 years. :cry:

But enough of that... Nima - nice PSD... Speedos, so cute! How old is Kit supposed to be? I couldn't get a good feel of that from the books. Sometimes I thought 21-23 other times more like 16-18ish... Hmmm...

Good well wishes to all my friends who aren't feeling up to par today.
Banner created by the incredibly talented Nena! THANK YOU, MY FRIEND!
nissanmama
Officially Bitten!

Post by nissanmama »

twilightmom wrote: How old is Kit supposed to be? I couldn't get a good feel of that from the books. Sometimes I thought 21-23 other times more like 16-18ish... Hmmm...
I thought it was early twenties too. He's at work shadowing Lucas, not still in school.
https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/p ... directlink
40-something and feeling a little like Mrs. Cope.
Banner by Fry
bac
Mesmerized by her own Dr. Cullen

Post by bac »

una, who momentarily lost her mind in her headache pain wrote: who is Kit?
I could not believe I read that from you, queen of P/C correspondence with Ms. Singh. You must have had what we pleasantly refer to in our house as a "brain fart".
He was a very cute man as Kit or whoever, and he had on a very small speedo. MMMMmmm.

Snow: I like looking at it, but get too cold too fast when I play in it. I need better equipment. My favorites are sledding and making snow angels. I loved to ski as a little kid. By the time I was 10 ish I had outgrown my ski clothes and never bought new. So skiing after that was always sooooo cold, I didn't enjoy it anymore.
by Laniyeah on photobucket
Wingtear
Playing Thunderball

Post by Wingtear »

twimom- it was good and bad, and up and beyond an enormous experience.
As for pictures... here you go!
please note that that ^ is three different links, PM me if they don't work, they should though...

more gutter memories... Nima's PSD's who had more than one of my friends drooling themselves, a certain tattooed armyboy have ended up as background on several screens...
As for some others, it took me forever to figure out who GNE was...
and Twinnie... I was driving myself crazy trying to find that Lex'ers posts... :lol: I didn't get it until some of you started using supertwin (was it una and gne?)
I mostly remember talking here, but not so many names... I recall chickening out when all the BDB talk started.

QOTD: what to do in snow?
walking barefoot... it's such a marvelous feeling... :lol: i also love all sorts of snow-playing, I love snow!
Banner and avatar by the amazing MRK
bac
Mesmerized by her own Dr. Cullen

Post by bac »

*quick interruption*
I have noticed that several teen lex members are reading BDB. I have never read them, but they seem pretty steamy from what you guys have said about them. So of those of you who have read them, what is your opinion about what age is appropriate for BDB? If you had a sister/brother, daughter/son, friend, etc. at what age would you feel comfortable having them read some of the "vamperotica"/"paranormal romance" books that we have talked about on this thread?

If this is not something you want to talk about on here, then pm me or tell me to stop questioning what other people choose to do.
*thanks guys, love your opinions*
by Laniyeah on photobucket
una
Secret Spy for the Warden
Location: Sequestered in an alternate reality full of paranormal studs who find me irresitable!

Post by una »

I feel first that I must defend myself! I, as a recent convert to the world of Dark-Hunter, when I read Nima's post about Kit (DH), I seriously (believing of course that our beloved Nima is foolproof) thought she was talking about Dark-Hunter and didn't just have it on the brain and typed it instead of P/C. :oops: I LOVE Kit and my first thought when I saw the picture was that he'd be GREAT at Kit from P/C and then did a double take :shock: when I saw the DH next to his name. I thought it'd be ironic that DH has a Kit too! :lol: However, I still believe NiMa to be beyond reproach! Bac, you are right...I should have just KNOWN! Silly, silly me! :lol: But since we have that cleared up...I should really check the picture out again.... :twisted: :lol:

Wingtear your wedding dress is BEAUTIFUL! The setting looks lovely (even though you said it was freezing)! Seems like you guys had a wonderful time. Blessings on you and your new hubby and your new married life together!

Bac I will respond here because I feel it is worth discussing in the open as many teens read this thread as well. I feel that BDB is not for teenagers it is too adult. I feel it's for the college "mature" age or older. If you are 18 and a MATURE adult then maybe it is okay if it doesn't make you uncomfortable. However, I know my little 'sis' loves vampire romance novels, but she's been sticking to the YA stuff. I have NEVER mentioned BDB to her, although she saw it on my shelfari. She requested Dark Lover a few months ago and I have been waiting. She has really matured in the last six months or so and she turns 21 this month. I feel that she is mature enough now to read it, but she only get's the first book. And, she's not getting it until she's 21. I feel it's at that level that, as MY little Sis, I feel okay with it as long as she is 21. I have a deep belief that kids in this day and age rush to maturity too fast and do not have a handle/foundation on all the responsibility and such that go with it - they are loosing their own innocence and childhood too fast. In my opinion BDB is one example of something that requires not just the appropriate "age" but the maturity to go with it. For me, if my little Sis had been more mature at 18, I may have let her borrow it, but she wasn't the right age nor maturity for it. Also, if we compare Vampirerotica to movies or magazines...wouldn't it qualify as requiring you to be at least 18 to purchase?
Last edited by una on Wed Jan 07, 2009 5:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I am the Impulsive VampVixen.
Thanks to SprtyGal and Fry for the AWESOME banner!
vampman
I'm A Proud Twilight Guy

Post by vampman »

bac,

BDB is quite graphic in nature with plenty of adult content and lot's of violence. I think it had been discussed before that if they made a movie it would have to be NC-17. I would think that anyone younger than 17 would be inappropriate!