Gutter Gals & Guys - Baking Peach Cobbler

bac
Mesmerized by her own Dr. Cullen

Re: Gutter Gals & Guys - Baking Peach Cobbler

Post by bac »

Yeah, congratulations Oleander. I hope it is a great time even if he isn't Edward.

Nissanmama, I giggle every time you post that photo of Jason Lewis with the Absolut Vodka. I can't help myself.

Feathers, I am so glad you have popped in. It is nice to have you around.

CG, Keep going on your project. You can do it! (Can I just say how glad I am that I am not in school).
by Laniyeah on photobucket
Feathers
Lusting for Blood

Post by Feathers »

Hooray Oleander! Congrats! *Hug* Best of luck!

And when you're done, I'd love any tips. I've never been on a date, either, and Itotally know what you mean about a man to save you from Twilight. For now, I'm content with fictional brothers. Like. Rhage, specifically. :roll:

Hi bac! It was you and GNE that presuaded me to come back. :p

<3 Ren
She used to be human, and then it changed. How did she die? Why did she meet James? One couple’s unlikely love story is another person’s untimely tragedy. Ashes
Ren's newest story!
cullengirl
Cataloging the Cullen Library

Post by cullengirl »

bac- LOL, I will keep going. So far, I haven't ingested any caffeine. Just water. I'm gonna crash and I know it. :roll: The outline is pretty detailed. I just need to hunker down, write the sentences and update my lesson plans.

oleadener- That's awesome. Have fun and don't have too many expectations. Just go out and enjoy yourself.

Una- I may need your help in determining what vamp YA books to read first: Mortal Instruments, House of Night, Vampire Academy, and the one you're talking about. I just added another 20 books or so to my shelfari. There's no way in heck, I'm going to get these done. :cry:

Vamplover- There is a reason why Tohr book is late in coming. Just keep reading!

Feathers- Nice to see you on the boards again.
“Darkness will never take me…because I have you. Light of my life, Marissa. That’s what you are.”-LR
Banner by the awesome, beautiful and incredible Nena!
BlueStarlight
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by BlueStarlight »

Oleander~ You go girl!!!

Okay, looking at all these photos of totally hawt BDB brothers is making me want to read the books even more. I'm sitting here looking at the 1st one- just pick it up already! :lol: I still have stuff to do in getting my apartment in order- my spare room looks like a tornado ran through it; I have pics leaning up against the wall where they are to be hung... I'm just being lazy about it. I SWEAR girls, that just as soon as I get all that taken care of, I will pick up the book and read, and find out what I've been missing apparently!

Okay, who said it? Who said they would let that Santa (the PSD) stuff their stocking??? :shock: Was it Twi-mom? I about fell out of my chair when I read that!! :lol:
bac
Mesmerized by her own Dr. Cullen

Post by bac »

BlueStarlight is feeling the peer pressure....It is ok, not all of us have read BDB. I like to oogle at the Brothers' pics though. You guys can keep those coming as much as you want. :twisted:
Last edited by bac on Mon Dec 08, 2008 7:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
by Laniyeah on photobucket
inspired
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by inspired »

I have been keeping up but haven't had much to say as of late. Welcome to all the newbies and welcome back Feathers LOVE your name :)

Oleander I hope you have an awesome time! Who wouldn't love you? You Rock :D ! Coffee is a nice casual way to size someone up. I can't wait to hear the dets! BTW, I am reading the psy/changeling series...just started it. Let me know if you want me to send some of them to you!

Whos talking about stuffing stockings?? Twimom?? Dhirty...I love it :twisted:

So what does everyone think about Catherine Hardwicke's exit? Who do we want to direct New Moon?
found by MMETP, courtesy of em3228 @ photobucket
vampman
I'm A Proud Twilight Guy

Post by vampman »

Feathers,

You were the very first person I talked to (PM) when I joined Lex. It is great to see you! You are most welcome!

oleander,

I am so happy to hear the news. Coffee is always a great first date. What can go wrong with Coffee? I am sure that you will have news for us all afterwards which you know we will be dying to hear!
BTW Danya joined and we have mot heard a peep about Danya and Joe. You are going to have to talk to her about that :D

I am not happy about the news of Catherine HArdwicke leaving. I only hope they choose someone who know the story and understands how the fan base wants to keep it real!

Twin

Love the new Avi and Sig!
Last edited by vampman on Mon Dec 08, 2008 4:36 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Feathers
Lusting for Blood

Post by Feathers »

Aww, I can't get over how much Feathers-love there is here. Awwwww. I'll never leave again. <3 <3

Good to see you over here, vampmadness! And welcome to the gutter to everyone else just dropping in. Maybe as classes wrap up (nevermind the ever-pending exams) I'll be able to pop on more often and stay caught up. Such a fun group.

Loving the BDB pictures, ladies. And I want to know more about this stuffing-stockings-Santa.
(Feathers had mental images of Rhage in a Santa hat :twisted: )

<3 Ren
She used to be human, and then it changed. How did she die? Why did she meet James? One couple’s unlikely love story is another person’s untimely tragedy. Ashes
Ren's newest story!
nissanmama
Officially Bitten!

Post by nissanmama »

Let me first say that inspired's new avi rocks! All the Peanuts characters hold a dear place in the hearts of my family and well, Pig Pen's famous Christmas dance tops even Elaine's spastic dance.

Three cheers for being brave oleander!!

bac~ you should see some of the old pictures of T-pa. He has naturally curly hair which he keeps very short now, but when he was younger, long was in. I swear, it was a 'fro.

I'm so embarrassed I missed the stocking stuffer reference. I'm slipping in my old age.

CG~ I'm caffeine sensitive too. I'll be up all night if I drink it after about 3:00 pm. I slammed two diet Cokes one really hot day when I was out with clients. I was a pen clicking bundle of nerves. My boss said I wasn't allowed to drink caffeine around clients ever again. :cry: Once in college VampSiren and I took NoDoz to stay up studying for finals. We didn't get a lot of studying done, but we had a really good time that night. It's amazing who's up at 3:00 am around college campuses. Mortal Instruments is better than House of NIght. House of Night is the teen version of a guilty pleasure. Both series have MTV pacing, and some truly roll your eyes at the book moments, but they are both good reads. Pretty quick ones too.

*waves* Hi Ren! You'll love Z even more after Phury's book and that will get you to the Insider's Guide which as some of Rhage at his very best. I loved the Emmettcomparison, whomever made that.

The think I liked about Hardwicke was that she was a she. I don't know who will direct next, but I hope they can capture what females love about these books, especially the Jacob lovers.
https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/p ... directlink
40-something and feeling a little like Mrs. Cope.
Banner by Fry
una
Secret Spy for the Warden
Location: Sequestered in an alternate reality full of paranormal studs who find me irresitable!

Post by una »

Inspired glad to see you! Love your new avi and banner - the Peanuts gang is wonderful!

Congrats Oleander on your coffee date! That's definitely a step in the right direction! Hope all goes well!!

CG, I agree with Nima that Mortal Instruments is better than House of Night. I would rank them:
  • 1. Mortal Instruments
    2. Night World
    3. Vampire Academy
    4. House of Night
I liked the energy and passion that Catherine had and I will miss that. However as we don't know who the director will be, I'm just waiting. I think having her do NM would have been great but maybe the next director will handle this next book better. Each book gets darker in some ways and I can see how a different director might put a different perspective which could be good. We won't know until it happens.
I am the Impulsive VampVixen.
Thanks to SprtyGal and Fry for the AWESOME banner!