Gutter Gals & Guys - Baking Peach Cobbler

oleander
Ignoring Renee's E-Mails

!)

Post by oleander »

Thanks everyone! I'm really excited about Wednesday. This is a big step for me. I will keep you posted on any developments. I hope he will be tolerant of my Twilight/BDB obsession! ;)

Where to begin:

Feathers: I will let you know how it goes and will send any tips your way (if i can figure this dating thing out! i feel like an old dog trying to learn a new trick!)

Inspired: you humble me with your kind words! thanks so much! i will let you know about Psy/Changeling. If i can get them here, i might do that so I can save you the postage! :)

Vampman: my buddy, my pal...Danya has been working on her finals recently and will hopefully be back in full capacity soon (although she has just started reading BDB...poor Joe-who is actually reading the Twilight books right now-might be too afraid of her to say anything funny.) :twisted:

Twimom: thanks again for keeping me company at work today. it certainly helps pass the time!

CG: I would say go for Mortal Instruments first...House of Night was not nearly as good.

I think i'm going to have to come up with a chart of all the picks for the BDB brothers with pics. or has someone beaten me to it? sometimes it's hard to keep them all straight. it might help spooky keep them all straight in her head while she's reading. (love you twinnie!)
vampman
I'm A Proud Twilight Guy

Re: Gutter Gals & Guys - Baking Peach Cobbler

Post by vampman »

oleander,

I know I have already commented on your date. But, I have something further to add. I just wanted to mention that I think you are an awesome individual! I have talked with you a few times and really enjoyed the conversation. I love your sense of humor and fascination with office supplies! You have always been kind to me even though I have had some rough patches!

I hope that your date goes very well. I know I speak for everyone here when I say I wish you the best. You deserve to be happy! :D
oleander
Ignoring Renee's E-Mails

Post by oleander »

aw, vampdude, you're going to make me cry! that was so sweet. thanks!!

btw...i love your signature! that rocks! where did you get it?

i use exclamation points entirely too often. is there a support group for that?
Ambrosia
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by Ambrosia »

Nena wrote:(
Ambrosia wrote: BDB Update: I finally finished Rhage's book, and I am in love! I doubt I will like another brother more than I like him. Did anyone previously say who they would cast for him that I missed?
I felt the exact same way and he is still my favorite of the brothers, however I do have a soft spot for V.
I am very fond of Paul Walker as Rhage (see avi) but I know Nissanmama has a favorite as well (see Jason Lewis), and I think we all agree with that :evil:
Both are PERFECT for Rhage. I have been trying to get a picture in my head all day, and I couldn't think of anyone perfect enough... those two fit the bill!
Wrecking Ball Trainee of the EDC, Inc.
Emmet loves blondes!
Randomness Regular
vampman
I'm A Proud Twilight Guy

Post by vampman »

oleander,

I meant every word of it! So when your date is over you know you are obligated to post about the date.
No pressure! :lol:

Thanks for the compliment on my sig. I got that from photobucket!
Feathers
Lusting for Blood

Post by Feathers »

Oleander, I'm fairly certain we could start one, there are support groups for everything. Including fascinations with office supplies. Teehee.

Best of luck!

On Hardwicke - I agree. I mean, I think she handled Twilight well; it was one of those movies that would either suck (in the bad way) or suck (in the good way) there really wasn't an inbetween, and despite the occasional cheesey line that probably shouldn't have been said, I feel overall it sucked in a good way. But Twilight is very different than New Moon. I'm optimistic about a new director.

(Twilight Movie Spoiler!) I also think that because so much of the backstories were lost in Twilight, such as Alice's and Jasper's, instead of two hours of Bella being angsty, they might backtrack and pick that up.

Twilight grossed the most money for any female director - ever. $70.5 million. I read somewhere that the previous record was in the 30-millions, so she more than doubled it. I think, adjusting for inflation, the highest grossing film of all time is Titanic. Not bad, Hardwicke, not bad.

<3 Ren

ETAL: Oh? I DID love the Z-Mary interraction in Zsadist's book, it was really cute to see Mary through his eyes. I love Rhage and Mary, so I think that was one of my favorite parts. Hee. I will take some of the brotherhood books home with me over Christmas. I took a couple last Christmas, and Lover Eternal, because it's one of my favorite re-reads, and all I read was Lover Eternal! I didn't start any new ones!! So, maybe I'll leave that one at school this time. :p
She used to be human, and then it changed. How did she die? Why did she meet James? One couple’s unlikely love story is another person’s untimely tragedy. Ashes
Ren's newest story!
Ambrosia
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by Ambrosia »

Good Luck Oleander. If he can deal with the Twitalk/BDB you'll know he's a keeper!

I wonder when they will announce who the new director will be. I'm torn about Hardwicke's leaving. I think she did a decent job given time constraints, budget, etc... but on the other hand, I'm hoping that whoever decides to tackle New Moon will do even better. With all the hype being generated and the huge fan base, I can't see them straying too far from the books. If they did, they wouldn't have much of a fanbase anymore. I hope it's someone we all love!
Wrecking Ball Trainee of the EDC, Inc.
Emmet loves blondes!
Randomness Regular
oleander
Ignoring Renee's E-Mails

Post by oleander »

I am totally torn about New Moon being made.

Yes, I said it out loud.

NM is my favourite book in the series (which i'm sure most of you know by now, i tend to repeat myself a lot ;) ) and it's going to take a very special person to make this book into an exceptional movie. CH had a fantastic grasp on the Twilight universe, and although a lot of people weren't happy with her vision of Twilight, I was okay with it and looked forward (somewhat) to what her vision of NM would be.

Now there's someone new coming to play god on our revered universe and i'm so scared they're going to pad it with gratuitous Edward scenes that it's making my stomach hurt a little bit. Don't get me wrong, i'm usually up for gratuitous RPatt moments, but the whole crux of NM is the anguish and agony that Edward's gone, we don't know where he is or if he's coming back. It's imperative that his absence resonate and be felt, lest the heart of the movie be lost.

So here's where I'm torn. I want NM to be made because I need to see it. I don't want NM to be made because i'm scared that they're going to royally screw it up.

I also want a life because it seems that i haven't had one since i discovered Twilight. ;)
cullengirl
Cataloging the Cullen Library

Post by cullengirl »

nissanmama wrote: Once in college VampSiren and I took NoDoz to stay up studying for finals. We didn't get a lot of studying done, but we had a really good time that night. It's amazing who's up at 3:00 am around college campuses.
I can only imagine what trouble you two have gotten into at 3 am, but I'm sure it will pale in comparison as to what actually happened. :lol:

Thanks to all of the input on the vamp YA lit. I own the Mortal Instruments #1. I bought at a book sale for like $5 for a brand new paperback copy.
I loved the Emmettcomparison, whomever made that.
Wow, that actually made sense! I tend to have Zen moments when I'm very tired and wired. ;)

oleander- My fears of NM are basically the same for TW. I'm afraid that they are going to come out with the movies very quickly. I'm afraid that it will be quantity for the producers not quality. There are a lot of holes in TW that need to be filled up in NM- mention of the Volturi and Carlisle's background. I seriously thought Bella and Edward's relationship was rushed. I really hate to see the same thing with Jake, since that is the crux of NM.
“Darkness will never take me…because I have you. Light of my life, Marissa. That’s what you are.”-LR
Banner by the awesome, beautiful and incredible Nena!
LadyDi
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by LadyDi »

When will I learn to start taking notes? Dang!

a) please, can someone who is a wiki member update the thread summary? We are already in a new thread and I've done zippo to add to it. Maybe a list of QOTDs? Origins of new terms?

b) Oleander, I never actually "dated" anyone, ever, until I met my husband. I kind of squirmed at the term "dating" (as I did the term "boyfriend" - unlike Bella, I much preferred the term "fiance"). We "courted" (yes, I am an old soul). On my first meeting with my later-to-be-husband (we were going to a university book sale), I was so nervous that I worked myself up into a full-scale migraine and I had to go home early. I thought I had blown it big time; I mean, who believes "I'm sorry, I need to go home because I have a bad headache" as an excuse? The next day, he sent flowers to my house. Yep, he's a keeper. Try not to be stressed and remember that you have a team of your own personal gutter fans here to cheer you and support you. Be yourself and have fun! (You may not want to mention the fantasies of building real estate on Robert Pattison's body, but hey, that's just me :lol: ). I just finished reading Vane and Bride from Dark Hunter and Bride reminds me of you (in a good way, before you start worrying).

c) I agree with what n'ma said about reading P/C first and then getting into DH. DH has a lot of books! I'm in the middle of the novella starring Pandora and Dante (I love where this story is set - in a sci-fi / fantasy convention!)

d) cullengirl, let me know when you need that sample work done for you. My friend, who like you never has caffeine, had a Starbucks coffee on Friday. She was shaking and on hyperspeed until about 4 pm.

e) It will be interesting to see who the new director is. I hope they like and understand the series. Like Harry Potter, it doesn't necessarily have to be a page-by-page replay (for instance, many of us liked the kitchen scene with the Cullens in the movie) but it should try to keep relatively close. Some of my coven mates were talking about the movie we had seen Friday - two were very upset and disappointed and even the others that were happy but not thrilled had a lot of criticisms and comments about what was in and wasn't in. Then I had a student argue with me about why Twilight was worth reading because Bella is so emo - I've mellowed in my old age; I didn't throw her out of the library like I would have a few months ago :twisted: ... oh, it's been a tough day (Grey Goose, take me away!)
This banner is designed by the one-of-a-kind talent known on the Lex as Fry. Thanks!