Gutter Gals & Guys - Baking Peach Cobbler

Destani
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Re: Gutter Gals & Guys - Baking Peach Cobbler

Post by Destani »

Ambrosia wrote:Now that you mentioned it, I also noticed none of the other vampires sparkled in the sunlight. Strange. Maybe the reason Alice and Jasper weren't sparkling when they were in Phoenix was because they weren't completely out in the sun. They were technically in the lobby, even though it was sunny. I wonder if they are supposed to sparkle whenever sunlight hits them (even through a window, etc.) or only when they're outside in direct contact with it.
I always wondered about that in the books when Edward goes to Jacksonville with Bella to see her mom. I know he stayed inside during the day but I picture Renee as the type to have all the windows open to let the sunlight in. So I was curious about how sunlight through a window affected vampires.

QOTD: I saw Saoirse Ronan in Atonement and thought she was very good. I think she could pull off Jane. I also love the look of AnnaSophia Robb. The Lex bio says Jane has pale brown hair.

Welcome back Ren!
Images courtesy of: http://robbuz.deviantart.com/
Addicted
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by Addicted »

Just got home from Twilight viewing #10, LOVES IT!!!! I swear the more I see it the more I just love it. But this time it was actually pretty funny, I found myself trying to find all the goofs that IMDB and other sites had found.
:D Sarah
oleander
Ignoring Renee's E-Mails

Post by oleander »

phew! thanks for posting that addicted...i went to see it in the theatre for the 5th time today and i was starting to feel like a bit of a freak ;) i was super thankful that the girl taking tickets wasn't the same one from the previous 4 trips...she giggles every time she sees me.

i had hoped to crawl into bed with Vishous and finish his story but my landlord is having his annual "Festivus" party tonight and the noise is deafening! between the stomping, the whooping, the yelling, the swearing and the Jackson Five, there's no chance for peace for a while. it's the one night of the year that he's loud, so i can't begrudge him this. it's been a great trip down musical memory lane. I actually found myself dancing around when Footloose came on. I am dreading when they start singing Sweet Caroline over and over again like they did last year. "Sweeeeeet Caroline BA BA BAAAAAAA..."
Spooncha
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by Spooncha »

Welcome back, Ren!! Hi, Spooky! *waves*

Here's the image I get when I picture Jane. She's the creepy little sister from the movie Dune (1984!!!), so she's not even an option, really, but yeah, that's Jane to me. The actress is Alicia Witt (Cybill, Two Weeks Notice, Law & Order: Criminal Intent)
"Don't make us bite you in hard-to-reach places!"
-The Tick

http://www.myspace.com/ichamama
Ambrosia

Post by Ambrosia »

Misfit, I absolutely LOVE the Blue Bloods books. They are definitely not on par with anything Stephenie writes, but i thought it was at least along that same line. I really got into the story. I love how they incorporated actual US history (i.e. the mystery of Roanoke, etc.) into the story. I thought that was really clever.
It did start out a bit slow, but after that the rest of the first book and the second fly by.

I have read the first two, but I've not picked up the third yet. How far are you in the series?

QOTD: I'm hedging my bets that Jane and the other Volturi vamps will be unknowns. I doubt they would put a big name into a small part, especially given the budget. Plus, I think any big names would detract from Rob and Kristen.
Wrecking Ball Trainee of the EDC, Inc.
Emmet loves blondes!
Randomness Regular
Lynzeee
Decorating with Esme

Post by Lynzeee »

Okay so i started Z's book today, and i am about 3/4 of the way done.. i left off after that part where he uhm.. self bakes? is that the phrase- anyway- WAY INTENSE.

Kym has told me that she will Share Z with me..
my mind has been staying in the gutter ever since i started this books. I've turned into a total Pervert in real life. :oops:
Keeper of The Randomness
"Just because you can, doesn't mean you should"-Acheron Parthenopaeus
spookybell
Part of Carlisle's Clan

Post by spookybell »

there is self baking in BDB - Okay - i am going to set aside 1 hour to read tomorow.

I won't get to Z's book.
Sometimes I am not satisfied with my signature!
nissanmama
Officially Bitten!

Post by nissanmama »

Ambrosia wrote:QOTD: I'm hedging my bets that Jane and the other Volturi vamps will be unknowns. I doubt they would put a big name into a small part, especially given the budget. Plus, I think any big names would detract from Rob and Kristen.
I think that depends. The Harry Potter movies are a virtual who's who of British actors with the four leads being total unknowns when the franchise began. We still buy them in those parts even though Mrs. McGonagall is Granny Wendy, the Mother Superior and Lady Greshem. I think if the actors are good, they could pull off anything. Everybody knows Bill Nighy because of the pirates movies and even as a vamp from Underworld. I still think he'd be fabulous as one of the big three in the Volturi.
https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/p ... directlink
40-something and feeling a little like Mrs. Cope.
Banner by Fry
Lynzeee
Decorating with Esme

Post by Lynzeee »

i finished Z's book at 3:30 am.. i hadn't even PLANNED on going back into it. once i did- i couldn't put it down.
I feel all strung out and stuff.
shell shocked! I CAN'T BELIEVE WHAT HAPPENED! the good and the bad.. and- POOR TOHR! =*(

but i could read the end of that book over and over. aaaww Z- i just want to hug him(well i want to do MORE than that but still)

I am reading Butch's Book today- hopefully i don't finish it in a day yeah?
savoring books is so hard to do.

Nissanmama- Bill Nighy would be a perfect Volturi! he is who i pictured for Aro! or maybe even Caius
Keeper of The Randomness
"Just because you can, doesn't mean you should"-Acheron Parthenopaeus
Ambrosia

Post by Ambrosia »

nissanmama wrote:
Ambrosia wrote:QOTD: I'm hedging my bets that Jane and the other Volturi vamps will be unknowns. I doubt they would put a big name into a small part, especially given the budget. Plus, I think any big names would detract from Rob and Kristen.
I think that depends. The Harry Potter movies are a virtual who's who of British actors with the four leads being total unknowns when the franchise began. We still buy them in those parts even though Mrs. McGonagall is Granny Wendy, the Mother Superior and Lady Greshem. I think if the actors are good, they could pull off anything. Everybody knows Bill Nighy because of the pirates movies and even as a vamp from Underworld. I still think he'd be fabulous as one of the big three in the Volturi.
You are completely right. I hadn't even thought of Bill Nighy. He would be PERFECT for Aro. Did they every say how old Aro was supposed to be? For some reason I'm thinking a bit younger, but Bill Nighy is the exact picture I had in my mind.

I wonder who they will cast as Marcus and Caius? Or Alec?
Wrecking Ball Trainee of the EDC, Inc.
Emmet loves blondes!
Randomness Regular