EDC, Inc.: Emmett's Demolition Crew ~ Team Emmett #2

copper curls
Welcoming Newbies with Cheers and Emmett-hugs

Re: EDC, Inc.: Emmett's Demolition Crew ~ Team Emmett #2

Post by copper curls »

yay! bulldozer trainee! and I'm teaching Eric Social Graces. bears hugs to all. :D

ooooh, I didn't see this question, but I guess it was floating around...

Had it been another animal besides a bear that was about to maul Emmett, Do you think his hunting choices would be different?

yes. I have no doubt that the reason Emmett is so enthusiastic about his hunting style is because he believes that he once lost against a bear, and maybe he did, but he got Rose... anyways... I think that the reason he's so happy to go around beating up bears is because he knows he can't lose anymore. So he continues to go up against a bear every chance he gets, because it will fight back, and it will lose. I can't see him doing that to a mountain lion, but mostly because the mountain lion wouldn't stay for the fight.
PM me for this stamp! | Cam is my TwiTwin | EDC/CS & OC | Mafia Mentors | Asst. Manager CCB&B | Team Leah | APPC Platinum Member | Welcome Wagon | MSV
urcoolcarrie
Acquiring a Taste for Mountain Lion

Post by urcoolcarrie »

Psh. I'm always online. :)

Lets see...I guess I still haven't answered a few of the questions. Hm. Weird.
Anyway, here they are:
What is your favorite word from Emmett?
I honestly don't have a favorite word. Everything he says is significant and lovable.

What word do you associate with Emmett?
Hm...probably, like so many other people, I just think of him as a teddy bear. Its hard to just say that, though. There are so many words that go with this one guy. Hes a goofball, humorous, a protector...everything. Hes a very well rounded guy, obviously. :)
HR Manager of EDC::Proud Klutzer::Midnight Sun Virgin
twilight_fanpire
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by twilight_fanpire »

What is your favorite word from Emmett?
I don't have a favorite word from him, but I love his sarcastic comments. and I love the quote from breaking dawn, "Oooo, Scary" :P haha

What word do you associate with Emmett?
Strong! haha it's such a general word but it's so true. He is the strongest in their family and he looks very strong.

Had it been another animal besides a bear that was about to maul Emmett, Do you think his hunting choices would be different?
yes I think it would've been different. He loves to hunt bears because he lost to one once, right before he was changed, and now he wants to prove that he won't be able to loose again. I think that if he wasn't hunting bears, he'd be hunting some other huge animal that he would have fun attacking with his strenght. Something like a Lion or Tiger.
Bulldozer Trainee in EDC,Inc.
"And so the lion fell in love with the lamb.." <3 E<3B
waiting tobe dazzled
Has Caught Sight of Edward

Post by waiting tobe dazzled »

I’m gone for one day and so many things have happened…so first things first.
Hello to all the new members, I’m Heather, Field Supervisor of EDC, Inc. :D
Congratulations to all the promotions!
And now to the question…

I don’t think it would have changed that much. Emmett loves to fight. He can’t fight with Edward and Alice because he says they cheat, he can’t fight with Rosalie because she doesn’t want to mess up her hair and he can’t fight with Jasper because he says Esme gets upset if they really go at it. The bear is probably the only animal he has found (that’s also geographically convenient) that gives him some sort of a challenge. The fact that he gets to pay back the bear population for his near demise is, in my opinion, just a plus.
Field Supervisor of EDC, Inc.
Team Edward-Knight in Shining Volvo
Team Rosalie-Every Rose has it's thorn
Cotton Candy Revolutionists~Jell-O Wars of 09’
Bronze Haired Girl
Human History Archivist
Location: Driving through the Tennessee mountains with Emmett

Post by Bronze Haired Girl »

Wow! So much going on while I was busy the last two days.

First off, Welcome to all the new members and congrats to everyone for your promotions (there's lots of them, as I discovered while jotting down the ones I need to update in the list on the first page.) EDIT: The list is now updated. Carrie, let me know if I missed anyone. Also, if there is another name you go by and I don't have it in ( ) next to your user name send me a PM and I will add it.

These have been some great questions and discussion. But... I'm feeling the need for some class time. So...

STOP!!! I'm locking the thread temporarily. Don't panic. It's not a punishment, I just need to do something without anyone posting. I want to give everyone the chance to see what is going on and know not to try to post. So take the time while the thread is locked to get your supplies together. (I expect notes to be taken.) Class will begin in a while. :D

EDIT:
Alright, everyone come in and find a seat. Take out your paper and pencils.

We are Team Emmett and I think we should all know our Emmett facts. There were several things I spotted that people were speculating about and they were wrong because they didn’t know all the facts we have been given about Emmett.

Now, I could give you all a list of things we know about Emmett, and I’m sure you would all be great students and take careful notes. But I thought it might be more interesting to get a special guest speaker in here. He’s much faster than I am typing so hopefully we won’t have a problem here, but no one post until after he does. It will take me a moment to unlock the thread so he can post.

So let me introduce our guest speaker: The one and only, our whole reason for being here on this thread, Emmett! *Breaks into uproarious applause with everyone else*
Banner by urcoolcarrie
The Real Emmett Cullen
Irritating Grizzlies
Location: In the garage with Rosalie... nudge, nudge, wink, wink

Post by The Real Emmett Cullen »

Thanks BHG. Thanks everyone for the welcome. Wow, this is the kind of attention Rosalie would love, but maybe we shouldn’t tell her about the thread. I wouldn’t want any of you to get hurt.

BHG asked me to come talk to you all about the things you don’t know about me. Stephenie Meyer may not have included everything about me in the books, but there is a lot of information out there (on her website and in the PC and bio sections here on the Lex).

Let me start with the basics. My last name was McCarty. I was born in 1915. I had a really big family. Our heritage is Scotch-Irish. I was the youngest of all my siblings. We lived in Gatlinburg, Tennessee.

*Pulls out U.S. map* Gatlinburg is here *points* in the Appalachian mountains. More specifically, it’s in the Smoky Mountains. I lived during the Great Depression. Times were really hard then and my family was what most of you would consider poor. There was also prohibition in Tennessee at that time. So, even if I had money to spend, I didn’t spend my days sitting in a bar or club because there weren’t any. But there were plenty of people with moonshine stills in the mountains. :D

The bear attack happened in 1935. My home was in the mountains and there are bears everywhere up there. But, I wasn’t mauled by a grizzly bear. So many people get this wrong. There aren’t any grizzly bears in the Smoky Mountains. But there are plenty of black bears. Black bears are smaller than grizzlies and for the most part they stay away from people. But bear attacks still happen if the bear happens to be very aggressive or hurt or very hungry and looking for a meal. I don’t know what the case was with the bear that attacked me, but he was more than I could handle. I truly thought I was going to die. In fact, I thought I had died. An angel, God and then the fires of Hell. Do you blame me for making that mistake?

After the change I was basically the same person as before, just with a different diet. I love challenges. Everyone says my hunting style is like a bear. *shrugs* I haven’t really thought about it. I just like making the grizzlies mad so they will fight. It’s their brute strength against mine. Not that it’s anywhere close to equal, but they are more challenging than deer.

Edward says that I don’t edit, that I say or would be willing to say anything I think. I suppose he’s right. I call ‘em like I see ‘em. I also prefer to do something about a problem rather than discuss the problem. I don’t see a problem with that, but my family does. Maybe that’s why so many people don’t think of me as smart. I’m not really sure. I’m not a mind reader like Edward. I’ve got a 4.0 just like everyone else in the family. I just don’t go around tossing out my knowledge like some of the others.

I do protect my family. I can’t help it. It’s just who I am. Family is important. It’s one of the few things I did have as a human.

I hope that helps you all with the facts about me. The rest of it you can speculate about. I find it entertaining.

Give BHG a chance to post again before you all start posting. She doesn’t type a fast as I do. :D
Last edited by The Real Emmett Cullen on Sun Dec 07, 2008 4:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Why should the devil have all the good times?
Bronze Haired Girl
Human History Archivist
Location: Driving through the Tennessee mountains with Emmett

Post by Bronze Haired Girl »

Thanks Emmett! Aw, heck. *runs over to give him a hug and kiss* :oops: Don't tell Rosalie. I'd like to keep all my limbs.

OK, everyone, did you take notes? I expect you all to gets the facts right from here on out. I don’t want to start swinging the sledge hammer at any of you. :D There are a few other things Emmett didn’t cover. Like the facts behind why Rosalie changed him. If you have any questions about what we know from Stephenie just ask. Heather also is good at answering questions about the “facts” as we know them. One of us is sure to jump in and try to give you an answer.

Class dismissed. Back to work everyone. You can start posting again. :)
Banner by urcoolcarrie
urcoolcarrie
Acquiring a Taste for Mountain Lion

Post by urcoolcarrie »

Yay! Hi Emmett! *waves* Thanks for clearing everything up for us about your life. :) Its so nice of you to come and pay us a visit. *gives hug*
HR Manager of EDC::Proud Klutzer::Midnight Sun Virgin
Ambrosia
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by Ambrosia »

I would like to thank both BHG and Emmett *swoons* for paying us all a visit. Appreciate the information, and we'll all try to make sure we get it right from here on out!
Wrecking Ball Trainee of the EDC, Inc.
Emmet loves blondes!
Randomness Regular
eliselovesedwardx
Completely Dazzled!

Post by eliselovesedwardx »

EMMETT!!! *Runs and jumps on in a big bear hug* Thank you for dropping by and helping us! :D I paid strict attention so I'll be sure to get everything right from now on!
Ahhh! *Runs and hugs again with a kiss*

*Runs behind wall where Emmett can't see*
:shock: *Hyperventilation* Can't...Breathe...OH...MY...GOD!!!

*Returns to Emmett*
OK, I'm all right :D
::Elise:: Backhoe Operator for EDC, Inc~EDC's Cheer Squad Captain!
I'm on the List~The names Mooner