For XY Discussion Only!!

Ard Rhys69
I'm A Proud Twilight Guy

Re: For XY Discussion Only!!

Post by Ard Rhys69 »

ringswraith wrote:SenorGimp, Ard Rhys69:

As Giovanni would say, "Mille grazie!" You are too kind. :)

I actually just changed the status of Starry Night to "completed"- right after uploading a bonus chapter and some miscellany. I do hope you enjoy it- it's what got me started writing Giovanni's story to begin with.

As for writing another story with him... I haven't really thought about it, but Giovanni's a strong character. I'm sure he'll surprise me. :)

YAY!!!!! I'll take that and run with it! And thanks for mentioning me in your story, made me feel all good inside.

QOTD: Hmm.....Favorite part of Ringswraith's Fan-Fic?

And if you haven't read it, you should:

A. Go to page 13 of this thread and click the link to read it......as in right now. Go. I'll be here when you get back.
B. Drop off the face of the earth.....lol, I kid. But seriously, read it, its friggin amazing.

And mine would have to be the scene when Giovanni was going into his "basement", and I figured out his power. I was so proud of myself, since it wasn't outright mentioned before that. Then again when it is mentioned, I felt all the more proud of myself.
Is officially wearing foolinthemoon's "Hero Button"
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/4736612/1/Victorias_Hunt
ringswraith
Running with Leah 'cause she thinks I'm hawt

Post by ringswraith »

:)

I had a moment's doubt when first writing Giovanni. I knew what power he would have, but then again at the time, I've only read up to New Moon, so I wasn't sure if his power would be acceptable.

Then I read Breaking Dawn, and that dispelled all doubt. :)
Ard Rhys69
I'm A Proud Twilight Guy

Post by Ard Rhys69 »

ringswraith wrote::)

I had a moment's doubt when first writing Giovanni. I knew what power he would have, but then again at the time, I've only read up to New Moon, so I wasn't sure if his power would be acceptable.

Then I read Breaking Dawn, and that dispelled all doubt. :)
Well I'm glad, because I was secretly hoping when reading Breaking Dawn that one of the Cullen's witnesses would have Giovanni's power. So I literally wanted to jump up and down when I figured out what it was.
Is officially wearing foolinthemoon's "Hero Button"
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/4736612/1/Victorias_Hunt
SenorGimp
I'm A Proud Twilight Guy

Post by SenorGimp »

I agree with ard, truly spectacular, if you don't take the time to read it, you shouldn't be here!!!
and I'm NOT kidding.
actually I am, but It seriously rules!!

my favorite part? Well, that's tough. I'm not sure I would designate a single scene as my favorite, although if I did, it would have to be Giovanni meeting Alice, and his description of her.. Perfect!
My favorite thing from the story though, would be how well you wrote SM's characters, seriously excellent job!
keep up the good work!
We Love Mumford And Sons!
1 of 2 Active Members of Team Gimp
Proud Member of the Gen Y Lexily
http://www.fanfiction.net/~senorgimp
ringswraith

Post by ringswraith »

You guys are too much. :D

I actually enjoyed figuring out the Alice/Giovanni relationship. Although I'm sure Giovanni would dread to see what kinds of clothes Alice would put him in, given the chance. :lol:
SenorGimp
I'm A Proud Twilight Guy

Post by SenorGimp »

lol
good point!
Goldeneye
I'm A Proud Twilight Guy

Post by Goldeneye »

Hey all been gone for a few days :(((( Been busy with work and getting in shape... being newly single one does have to keep up my vampiric physique LOL Ive missed soooo much ::Runs off to read this raved about fanfic :):: I am such a darn night owl and can only find mental solice at ::looks at clock:: oh god 4am lol on these boards. Ive been trying to read what I can of MS but I keep dozing off cause I tend to read really late lol Ive got the next two days off so i plan on finishing them asap. Its good to have our own guy thread lol Answering someones question about telling people about reading the series Ive only told girls lol and they all seem to think its wicked awesome and ask me if I liked it no big. I too am one to read whatever I want as long as its a good story well Im off night all
ringswraith

Post by ringswraith »

So Giovanni's been talking to me lately.

So far I'm getting glimmers of scenes that would be inserted into Breaking Dawn, to explain how he gets there. Nothing concrete though- and I'm not sure that would be much of a story, considering we all know what happens. :)

I did want to ask Ard Rhys69 and SenorGimp, though, since they and Dancing with moonlight are my most vocal fans ( ;) ): I had another reason for putting the story where it is. I wonder if you can guess why. It has to do with Giovanni's preferred food.
SenorGimp
I'm A Proud Twilight Guy

Post by SenorGimp »

Well RingsWraith, I can only assume you are referring to his vegetarian diet, and maybe you wanted to show that the Cullens and the Denalis are not the only ones who try to be better than their nature...
Maybe you wanted to give a bit more background into why Edward decides to leave in NM, just one more horrible danger that Bella is in because of Vampires, and as for the story being where it is, do you mean the physical setting, or the time of the story.
If you are referring to the physical setting, I would think that it's because of his diet, and the fact that, as a vegetarian, he was able to settle down somewhere without risking discovery, and a rainy place like forks, without very much sun, is a good place to do so.
If you're referring to the time of the story, well, that's a bit more tricky.
First off, I think that it was probably the best time for him to come into the story, since anytime after Edward comes back at the end of NM is pretty much fraught with peril and conflict, and therefore there wouldn't really be any time in which they could have met and the story could have happened, but I don't think that is what you mean?..
Hmm, I'm beginning to feel like a moron... I should be able to figure this out...
As far as the preferred food, maybe you were making an allusion to the fact that such love between Vampires and Humans has only ever been known to exist with the vegetarian vampires, and you wanted to give another example, a precedent, if you will, as to what may become of such a love. Maybe another of the reasons Edward left, since Giovanni was unable to save his love, maybe Edward thinks he doesn't have a chance either...
These are my guesses, but I don't want to wait to find out if I'm right, so you should PM me with the actual reasoning, RingsWraith, if you don't mind... :)
thanks
AshleyC
I'm A Proud Twilight Guy

Post by AshleyC »

New QOTD - do y'all have an 'other half' ?
Male, England. : )

Facebook - http://www.facebook.com/home.php#/profi ... 1&ref=name

Feel Free To Add Meee : )