What are you reading

CullenWannaB
Settled in Forks

Re: What are you reading

Post by CullenWannaB »

I am reading "The Historian" by (i think) Elizabeth Kosoveck? It is really good. I have been reading it for a couple weeks and aonly have 100 pages left. It is a mystery/history about Vlad the Impaler of the real Dracula. Fantastic book.
Yes I want a "Cold One" and I am not talking about a drink.
kl1028
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by kl1028 »

i just finish the first two books of the looking glass wars (sooooo good) and now im reading alice in wonderland and thru the looking glass along with taltos and immortal love stories with bite...and then ill be reading the lonely werewolf girl (anyone read that?)
JustHuman
Wandering Through Town

Post by JustHuman »

I've just finished Stephen King's Carrie. It wasnt as good as I expected.
'In Love With All Of These Vampires
So You Can Leave Like The Sane Abandoned Me'
- My Chemical Romance
urcoolcarrie
Acquiring a Taste for Mountain Lion

Post by urcoolcarrie »

i need some help. i'm supposed to read this book called fablehaven, (its a long story. pretty much, some kid in my neighborhood made me a bet that i couldn't finish it before october 1st) and i'm not getting into it. will someone please tell me something about the book or at least get me excited about it?
HR Manager of EDC::Proud Klutzer::Midnight Sun Virgin
xMoonlightxTragedyx
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by xMoonlightxTragedyx »

Alice in Wonderland
who knew a book of such nonsence who have the most logical thing in it.
Syn Morite
Settled in Forks

Post by Syn Morite »

AmyPyjamas wrote:Im 19 nearly 20 yet i really want to re read some old classic kids books like the wizard of oz,charlottes web,black beauty etc. Im just worried that people will think im an idiot for reading kids books at my age. The same with more modern books as well, i have a guilty pleasure of reading Gossip girl, and the travelling pants etc but i feel so immature for reading them and i feel like i should be reading more adult fiction.I dont know whether i should cut out the kiddie books.
I'm 20 years old and will be 21 in less than two months. The majority of books I read are young adult. I sometimes read adult books, but usually only with a recommendation. I've found that I just don't get quite as lost in adult novels than I do in young adult. If you enjoy the books for younger people, it's perfectly fine to read them. At least your reading. My friends won't pick up any type of book at all. Anyway, just wanted to let you know that you're not alone. :)

And I'm reading The Summoning by Kelley Armstrong. Another young adult novel. It's pretty good so far. It's about ghosts.
"Oh, what fun it is! How I wish I was one of them! I wouldn't mind being a Pawn, if only I might join -- though of course I should like to be a Queen, best." -Alice in Through The Looking Glass
AmyPyjamas
Settled in Forks

Post by AmyPyjamas »

Syn Morite wrote:
AmyPyjamas wrote:Im 19 nearly 20 yet i really want to re read some old classic kids books like the wizard of oz,charlottes web,black beauty etc. Im just worried that people will think im an idiot for reading kids books at my age. The same with more modern books as well, i have a guilty pleasure of reading Gossip girl, and the travelling pants etc but i feel so immature for reading them and i feel like i should be reading more adult fiction.I dont know whether i should cut out the kiddie books.
I'm 20 years old and will be 21 in less than two months. The majority of books I read are young adult. I sometimes read adult books, but usually only with a recommendation. I've found that I just don't get quite as lost in adult novels than I do in young adult. If you enjoy the books for younger people, it's perfectly fine to read them. At least your reading. My friends won't pick up any type of book at all. Anyway, just wanted to let you know that you're not alone. :)

And I'm reading The Summoning by Kelley Armstrong. Another young adult novel. It's pretty good so far. It's about ghosts.

Awwww thank you. I find myself drawn to young adult books, i just love the storylines and with some it makes me feel like im back at school and i love that feeling.
Carrisa
Officially Bitten!
Location: Gushing over my favorite couple while obsessing over various other fandoms

Post by Carrisa »

Currenly, I'm reading Inkspell by Cornelia Funk. I'm not very far due to school and everything, but I'm trying to make an effort.

I finished reading The Lovely Bones not too long ago. It was really good, but I feel really weird after reading it and I needed a dictionary far too often. I really want to know why it makes I feel so funny, though....
"Got it memorized?"
Visit me on Gaia Online if you would like: http://www.gaiaonline.com/profiles/Mina_May
Variety

Post by Variety »

urcoolcarrie wrote:i need some help. i'm supposed to read this book called fablehaven, (its a long story. pretty much, some kid in my neighborhood made me a bet that i couldn't finish it before october 1st) and i'm not getting into it. will someone please tell me something about the book or at least get me excited about it?
I read Fablehaven just to see what my son was reading. I didn't find it so exceptional, but I enjoyed it as a quick read. I don't really remember any details. I liked that the kids had lessons to learn - when they didn't listen to their grandpa, things could turn disastrous pretty quick.

I'm finishing Brother Odd, and then I'm going to start The Lord of the Rings.
Where there is great love, there are always miracles. -Willa Cather
cullen grl 17

Post by cullen grl 17 »

at the moment i am reading A Living Nighmare, its the first book to the series of Cirque Du Freak by Darren Shan. so far its ok but its not all that good. twilights better!!! always! :D
***But of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil,
thou shalt not eat of it;
for in the day that thou eatest thereof
thou shalt surely die***