What are you reading

NKistheshiz
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Re: What are you reading

Post by NKistheshiz »

Jazz<3Jasper wrote:I am reading Hitch-Hickers Guide To The Galaxy, Flowers For Algernon, and re-reading Twilight. :D
I read Flowers For Algernon in 8th grade. It starts off a bit slow and boring... but the ending is sad, I think. I can't remember it that well right now.

I'm actually reading The Host for the first time. The beginning was confusing but now I've really gotten into it.
Inquisitive and thoughtful,
she was the challenge he'd been waiting for;
a reminder that creativity runs deep like secrets.
Jazz<3Jasper
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by Jazz<3Jasper »

NKistheshiz wrote:
Jazz<3Jasper wrote:I am reading Hitch-Hickers Guide To The Galaxy, Flowers For Algernon, and re-reading Twilight. :D
I read Flowers For Algernon in 8th grade. It starts off a bit slow and boring... but the ending is sad, I think. I can't remember it that well right now.

I'm actually reading The Host for the first time. The beginning was confusing but now I've really gotten into it.
Nice, I am reading Flowers For Algernon for school and I am in 8th
"No problem. You want me to be all doom and gloom, or just shut up?"
"Just shut up."
"Can do."
"Really? Doesn't seem like it."
-Jake and Seth
<333333333
Team Jasper, he can snap at me anyday.
maddy<3twilight
Finding Stuff in Billy's Trunk

Post by maddy<3twilight »

NKistheshiz wrote: I'm actually reading The Host for the first time. The beginning was confusing but now I've really gotten into it.
I just read The Host, it was so confusing at the begining and I was so frustrated, but then I got onto it and it is such a good book. I hope you like it

Dang, I have to study for history :lol:
RR! ~ Major Dark! ~ I <3 Peeta! ~ J<3B ~
bodysnatcher

Post by bodysnatcher »

I JUST finished The Handmaid's Tale by Margaret Atwood.
it's one of the best books i've ever read!

I read it for my AP Literature class... the book is amazing!
"and the boy loved the tree"
NKistheshiz

Post by NKistheshiz »

I've heard of that book... I forgot where, tho.

I like The Host so far. Jared. So dreamy. lol
I'm at the part where Melanie is like plaguing Wanderer's mind with memories of her and Jared. *checks book really fast* pg. 83 to be exact. :D
Inquisitive and thoughtful,
she was the challenge he'd been waiting for;
a reminder that creativity runs deep like secrets.
dandyvampgirl_13
So Jealous of Emily

Post by dandyvampgirl_13 »

Hitchhikers is the shizzzzzzzzzz! I read it all the time!
Sadly, no one else has, so nobody gets my jokes... :(
bitten
Settled in Forks

Post by bitten »

Flowers for Algernon is soo sad. I just finished Bliss and am starting Wuthering Heights. It seems like a lot of Twilight fan like that book!
vampbaseballgrl4
Settled in Forks

Post by vampbaseballgrl4 »

thisheartitbeats1 wrote: grapes of wrath... not so much.
i felt like the characters were just really not intelligent. they seemed very ignorant to me, and that bothered me.
that was kind of the point of that book... the joads were a uneducated "white trash" family who were trying to keep their family together the only way they could... not all characters are gonna be intelligent cause not all people are...

anyway... I just got the host and I'm trying to save it cause I have a move coming up and so much to do that I'm afraid that I'll get caught up and not pack!!!

some of my faves are The Alex Cross series and Women's Murder Club (bothe by James Patterson). also LOVED Ella Enchanted as some have mentioned(loved it way before the movie which ruined it by the way). also Flying Changes and her other one about horses my Sara Gruen(same lady who wrote Water for Elephants..)
I'm totally moving to Forks and asking the Cullens which room is mine? Edward has the cottage now... his sounds good.
vamp na hEireann
Location: Turning Bill and Tom into vampires.Seriously were did the sun go?oh right...this is Ireland

Post by vamp na hEireann »

vampbaseballgrl4 wrote:some of my faves are The Alex Cross series and Women's Murder Club (bothe by James Patterson). also LOVED Ella Enchanted as some have mentioned(loved it way before the movie which ruined it by the way). also Flying Changes and her other one about horses my Sara Gruen(same lady who wrote Water for Elephants..)
I read Ella Enchanted when I was about 8.It was so cool but then they made the movie and you know the rest.The only good part of the movie was all the Queen songs.Freddie Mercury is a legend.
Midnight Sun Virgin!
|----[|██████]=----
ImageTrainee of EDC Inc. Private of Jaspers Confederate Army,Go Stainless Claret! Twilight Mafia
una
Secret Spy for the Warden
Location: Sequestered in an alternate reality full of paranormal studs who find me irresitable!

Post by una »

Currently I just finished reading From Dead to Worse, the eighth book in the Sookie Stackhouse/Southern Vampire Series, Wild Thing, a collection of four short paranormal romance stories and the Insider's Guide: Black Dagger Brotherhood. Now I am reading the first book, First Truth, in a four part series called the Truth Series by Dawn Cook which is a fantasy series.
I am the Impulsive VampVixen.
Thanks to SprtyGal and Fry for the AWESOME banner!