Gen Y -- The 20 something's thread

jasmine
Hanging Up on Jessica

Re: Gen Y -- The 20 something's thread

Post by jasmine »

MRK wrote:Jasmine...I might officially make you my muse...you have such a unique artistic look about you...Your pictures on FB have some ideal poses for some fairies :) Say yes!!! PLEASE!!!! *bats eyes*
a muse? well uhm... me?? :oops:

sure..if it make you happy.... you do understand i only put nice pics online, not the pics of how i look like when i just woke up and such? :P
I think some ppl of a diff forum once gave me fairy wings on that garden of eden pic, that was kewl :)

@velvetvoice, i dont really know who writes fanfic, im totally addicted, i must admit. Ive written lots of stories, but they are all in dutch, im trying to write one in english now, but im a lill blocked by things ive read. Maybe ill translate some short ones, somewhere soon. If your interested in fanfic i can really recommend Bella Hale, great storyline :)

@seniorgimp, inspiring? picturesque? *jaw drops to the floor* well, uhm...thats not what i see in the mirror every day..but uh..thanx :oops:

The Gen Y Rocks My Twilight Socks

Follow me @ http://gosh-makeup.blogspot.com/
OktoSink
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by OktoSink »

Oh my goodness gracious!!!! I'm overwhelmed by all the posting. I can't even remember all the subjects brought up since I posted last... sex, bullies, facebooks, pets, senorgimp having 20inches of hair...
I'm not even going to try and keep up. I'm good, just not that good.

Kiella is the coolest sounding name ever! You receive the best-nickname-in-the-world-according-to-Cat award. Its very prestigious. Cherish it.

I agree, I think a common signature is a great idea too! It would feel so official :D. And I do love feeling official. hmmm...

Alright, I'll join the facebook game, here is a link to mine...http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/prof ... ef=profile... add me! My real name is Elissa, so don't get confused. Catherine is actually my middle name that I used when I signed up for the Lex, for security purposes, I suppose. Now I love that you guys call me Cat, makes me wish I'd switched names in the real world too. :D

I love seeing everyone's pictures. This is a thread full of fine-lookin ladies! Senorgimp, I'm sure you're fine-lookin too, you just haven't proven it yet.

I don't remember who just posted pictures of their dog in the bath... but it is ADORABLE! I'm a sucker for the pooches! Holly, your dog is precious as well! And I love that it's name is Walker! So clever!

Hope everyone is having a splendid day!
MRK
Fishing with Charlie

Post by MRK »

and Jasmine I meant that in a totally uncreepy, unstalker way lol

I dunno what it is...but you seem so...other-worldly....lol
vampire_elf
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by vampire_elf »

Lily: love your dog (what a cutie)! I always wanted a cat or golden retriver I could name Ginger!

Since everyone's posting pics, here's mine (I probably lolk my age in that one...). The eye belongs tzo my bf .- cut him out of the picture because I'm sure he wouldn't want to be online on the lex! :lol:

It is my bf and my anniversary today and we celebrated (?) via skype. His brother suddenly turned up shortly before we started talking with some quite reasonable excuse for turning up at all and mangaged to hide five beautiful red roses (one for each year together) in the apartment (my bf's orders of course). I was so occupied I didn't even notice. Anyway, I talked to my bf and he told me to look for flowers in the living room and I was like "what flowers????". But I went to the living room and there were the roses (taken with my webcam so please ignore the quality). Awwww, he is so wonderful! Can't wait to see him again! *sigh* Did I say how much I love my bf (alway, not only when he's sending roses from afar)????

I hope the links work... If not, give me a shout! I never tried to link pics before....

Banner by the amazing MRK!
Obsessed 20 something Twilighter
jasmine
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by jasmine »

MRK wrote:and Jasmine I meant that in a totally uncreepy, unstalker way lol

I dunno what it is...but you seem so...other-worldly....lol
hahahah yeah well im not good with compliments, but thanx, i really appreciate it.

Other wordly, well, yeah....some pics are mad whenw e were going to fantasy festivals, so thats probably a great description. (this year im going in an outfit inspired by peacocks, im gathering the feathers now, and ill try to make a tail out if it and some peacock blue skirts and such). Other then that, i just love gothwear, especially when its romatic or victorian inspired. (or leather, but thats different, hahahah). So my outfits on pics wont always be ''normal''. then again, neitehr am i :mrgreen:

@vampire elf, youre gorgeous 2! damnw e have some hot chickies on here :)
The link with the roses doesnt work, but its really very romantic and sweet, happy anniversary :)
(i think its awfully sweet that his brother helped, its great when other ppl want to make you happy, it makes me smile )

The Gen Y Rocks My Twilight Socks

Follow me @ http://gosh-makeup.blogspot.com/
Velvet Voice
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by Velvet Voice »

Thank you Seniorgimp for your welcome! And i'll check you're fanfic site asap, I'm really curious!
And Jasmine, I'll check that one too! And i'd love to see something written by you of course!

Wow guys you're so creative!me jealous! Sometimes I think about starting to write something, but I don't really think I have the skill, the fantasy and whatever it's necessary to do it :roll:
It must be something that makes you feel good, isn't it?

Well, since my eyelids are getting heavier and heavier and I need my daily Twi-fix (tonight it's BD turn) I'm going to bed, wish you all goodnight!

Edit: Hi vampire_elf, awww that was sweet and romantic indeed! happy anniversary!
Last edited by Velvet Voice on Thu Jan 29, 2009 4:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
*...Edward whispering Romeo's lines in my ear - his irresistible,
velvet voice...*

The Gen-Y rocks my Twilight socks
Wingtear
Playing Thunderball

Post by Wingtear »

Liez *hugs* get better sweetie!

Jasmine- I believe our friends over seas have to go to work today... Apparently the Lex have been buzzing so much since there have been a few "snow days" this week. I had my ind set on responding to you all, but my internet got an anxiety attack...
So I started writing instead, and now I'm too tired. For those who care, I'm working on chapter 3 of RED. Sorry it takes so long for me to update it, it's just that I'm in no hurry, since I've known all along how this goes, and if it's stayed with me for 3 months already, it ain't disappearing. I am a bit more active with N&J, because there I do loose my strain of thought from time to time... say dreaming anyone? :mrgreen: :lol:

Lily- your dog is adorable. I hear you about FB. I wish I had some other way of talking to you!

Misty- You need to start stalking your mailman any day now!

Cat- I just added you, real name Linda (I hate it!) and I share it with, oh, 2 or 3 girls of my age wherever I go... It was really, -really- popular in the beginnings of the 80's... Apparently because of some song.

Malu- you're so cute!

All- Like Jas, I only upload the good pictures. almost, the one from the gala (on FB) where I pose with Tommy is not good, but D liked it. But I can make myself look good on picture, I have enough angles in my face for that. However, in "real" life I'm much more boring, and I to look my age and then some... Well, truthfully, I haven't changed that much the last five years. I get that from mom, you who have seen the wedding pic's, would you believe her to be turning 55 this year?

Paula, Maria!!!
My MSN have a virus, so if you get a IM from me, with something like
"foto?? ;) he he [whatever-link-here]" DON'T CLICK IT!!! I got it from a friend who knew she had it, and still logged on... I don't know when it'll be operational again, I'll have to wait until D comes home and gives me the doom :cry: it was one of my few ways of talking to you! Because FB chat just makes a girl wanna cry...

Oh, by the way. D is coming home. Like in coming-home coming home. Permanently. School didn't work out. I feel so sorry for him. But he seems a bit happier now that he decided to get into shape to be able to score a certain point in the Cooper-test you have to go through to be accepted to the Coastal Guard. I don't mind, then I'll get that muscled boy I once started having way too much feelings for back :twisted:

So, I loved how you all shared with the rest of us your own personal experiences about first time. Like I said, I controlled mine. Poor boy... :roll: I was however already de-flowered about "the magic", I read far too many books as a child. I had read very unappropriated things for a 11 year old to know, and there was no one checking out the books I read. (NO, I wasn't 11 at my debut, I was 3 weeks from 15, but I was 11 the first time I remember reading smut) When I met him, I had already stopped reading that stuff, just feeling sick about it. It still goes like that. My friend A is totally into Harlequin's Erotica and have lent me a few books. I didn't like them, what so ever. In the end I just flipped by the smut-pages...

I think my short post to say goodnight went out the window... :lol: I'm on a roll now...

I was always a difficult child. I smiled and talked and was happy all the time. I wasn't shy to start with, I was naive. I thought that there were only nice people in the world. I was bullied throughout school, mainly for being fat. Looking back on my school pictures, I was nothing even close to that. I wasn't slender and pixie-like as most girls in my grade was, but I had an athletic body. I always felt ugly, because since they all said it, it had to be true, right? I told my mom once, because I was so unhappy I just wanted to die. After I saw her reaction (horror, fear, panic) I never spoke of it again. The teachers in the school worked from the principle "Ignore it and they will stop." right... For almost four years my only friend was a girl who only spent time with me until her "real" friends had time for her. This she said to me, I remembered thinking that at least I wasn't that pathetic. When I was 10 I found my first real friend. Unfortunately she outgrew me a few years later (sorry to say, it was my fault, I was being very childish).
I found a few more friends throughout the years, who all ended up betraying me one way or another (latest example, supposedly bff, haven't heard from her since 2 days before the wedding, when she wanted me to come over to her for the evening, to massage her back... Oh, yeah, and yesterday when she gave me the virus...)
This is the reason I have immense problems dealing with rejection. Even if it's not personal, I take it personal. I always feel as if I wasn't doing good enough. That's the reason I love the fanfic business, no one knows me, so they don't feel like they have to make me happy. So I can be sure that any good review is because they like the story. I can even feel rejected by something as silly as someone not responding to an e-mail...

OMJB!!! 10 posts while I was posting... and of course I found more to respond to...
Banner and avatar by the amazing MRK
SenorGimp
I'm A Proud Twilight Guy

Post by SenorGimp »

sleep well V V...
As for my being gorgeous...
I'm not a bad looking dude, but the only picture I have of myself, is one in which I'm strangling my friend Leslie with a guitar string :o , which, as I wrote a few pages back, was a pic for a phony e-harmony profile my roommate at the time and I wanted to make, just to see how many hits we got... :oops:
I'm really not a psycho who strangles girls with guitar strings, and I don't want you all to have that image of me...
probably shouldn't have even told you about the profile at all...
hmmm
I will post a pic of myself when I get the chance, ok?
just need to find one
We Love Mumford And Sons!
1 of 2 Active Members of Team Gimp
Proud Member of the Gen Y Lexily
http://www.fanfiction.net/~senorgimp
animegaijingirl

Post by animegaijingirl »

Hey hey hey *waves* :D
Was watching a movie with the bf, actually logged off the laptop to do it, I know *gasps in shock* I forgot I was capable of doing it :lol:
SenorGimp wrote:Blame it on terrorism?
Just a suggestion
Sure, OK... fanfic terrorism hehe ;) or el nino, is that still something to put blame on?

Hope the situation at home resolves without you becoming piggy in the middle. :?
MRK wrote:and Jasmine I meant that in a totally uncreepy, unstalker way lol
Misty, are you going to start "tracking" Janny now? lol :lol:

vampire_elf, that's soo sweet!! What a great plan he had!
SenorGimp
I'm A Proud Twilight Guy

Post by SenorGimp »

Damn Wings, you sure know how to fill a page!
You write fan fics too?
You should totally send me a link to some of them!
I would love to check them out!
We Love Mumford And Sons!
1 of 2 Active Members of Team Gimp
Proud Member of the Gen Y Lexily
http://www.fanfiction.net/~senorgimp