What are you reading?

maddy<3twilight
Finding Stuff in Billy's Trunk

Re: What are you reading?

Post by maddy<3twilight »

thanks guys.
Okay if you know how many pages you have read then email it too.
[email protected]

that goes for anyone.

Thanks
RR! ~ Major Dark! ~ I <3 Peeta! ~ J<3B ~
DunnerheartsTwilight
Being Tortured by Jane
Location: Postaholic. Vampirizing Sarah, Emo Tee-angers! DSCL 4 LIFE

Post by DunnerheartsTwilight »

I just finished the uglies series and now im re-reading breaking dawn tilll i go shopping.
APPC~Party Manager.Leo~Volturi
Cosimo Tagliano~Jamie-Drake.On The List. Seth-Team Jake
Wolf-Girl90
Has Caught Sight of Edward

Post by Wolf-Girl90 »

I'm reading "Sate of Union" by Douglas Kennedy and I love it!
It's about a woman in America who rebels and gets caught up in everything!
I highly reccomend it! :D

xoxo
J<3B::Taylor Lautner::Dating Thread::Cymru::Karl = LBF
Banner by ThreeThings
http://-roadkillchic.piczo.com
blasphemous_contessa
Working in the Garage with Jacob
Location: The library...or work...course if I was at work I wouldn't be online, so I must be at a library

Post by blasphemous_contessa »

Mama's Babies Its about one of those women who were all over Canada, New Zeland, England and Australia in the late 1800s called baby farmers. It's told in the point of view of Sarah, an eleven year old girl, the first of 16 children "Mama Prachett" adopts. She is the one who tends the babies, the one who becomes emotionally attatched to them, the one who is told that one or more of them is sick or dying. And the one that finally figures out that "Mama" is killing the babies. The young single mothers will pay Mrs. Prachett a small fee to take the child away (always hoping to see the baby again) and when the money runs out "Mama" kills the baby and gets a new one, usually taking care of five or six small children at a time with Sarah's help. The entire book is based on an actual woman and the chapter where the trial is going on is from the actual testimony against the baby farmer.

It's really sad, but very good. One of my favorites since I was about ten
That one's for Ianto. Risen Mitten, Life Knife, and that old classic...Stun Gun.
maddy<3twilight

Okay if you know how many pages you have read then email it too.
[email protected]
we are trying to get to 1,000,000 pages for 2009. It will be fun...

that goes for anyone.

Thanks
sarah!
Digging the Castle Motif
Location: Tieing Derek in thunderball, having poke wars with Logan, and woiloping with sam!

Post by sarah! »

To Kill A Mockingbird and then The Hunger Games! :D
ImageImage
BLF-Logan, Twinny-Chels, Jell-o! My Twi-guys-Derek and Logs, Lemur 4 LIFE!
Wolf-Girl90
Has Caught Sight of Edward

Post by Wolf-Girl90 »

sarah! wrote:To Kill A Mockingbird and then The Hunger Games! :D
Is "To Kill a Mockingbird" good?
I've always wanted to read it but my friend told e it was horrible!
Would you reccomend it?
xoxo
J<3B::Taylor Lautner::Dating Thread::Cymru::Karl = LBF
Banner by ThreeThings
http://-roadkillchic.piczo.com
una
Secret Spy for the Warden
Location: Sequestered in an alternate reality full of paranormal studs who find me irresitable!

Post by una »

I really enjoyed reading To Kill a Mockingbird when I read it in school. I haven't read it since, but I did really enjoy it.

Last evening I finished At Grave's End by Jeaniene Frost - it was SO good. I know they are coming out with the fourth Night Huntress book this year and I can not WAIT! So...last night I read Black Dawn, I think it is the 8th book in the Night World series by L.J. Smith. It was good, I enjoyed it, but I wonder how this story will impact the next. Now, I am reading Night Keepers by Jessica Anderson, it is the Final Prophecy series and I heard it was good.
I am the Impulsive VampVixen.
Thanks to SprtyGal and Fry for the AWESOME banner!
blasphemous_contessa
Working in the Garage with Jacob
Location: The library...or work...course if I was at work I wouldn't be online, so I must be at a library

Post by blasphemous_contessa »

sons From a Dead Girl the only book to EVER make me cry. I don't cry over movies, books, songs, hallmark commercials, or even tragedies.....well except Hotel Rwanda. But this book had me bawling from chapter 10 till the end. It's basically Lainey reminiscing on her complicated friendship with the beautiful, popular, and rich Leah Greene. From when they met (their sisters were friends and as such thought they should be friends, too.), the secret in the play closet (they're practicing for when they got older and got married), Leah's dad's best friend's visits (she begged Lainey not to leave her alone with him), all the boys Leah stole from lainey (if they liked her they would have held HER hand, not Leah's), the rumors (some said she tried to kill herself, some said she was pregnant, some said she only wanted attention), and the night it happened (she screamed "I hate you, I wish you were dead" like they were 7 not 17). Leah's dead and only Lainey knows what really happened that night, and realizes too late that they had been best friends all along, even when they hated each other, even when they weren't speaking.

There's just so much going on in this book. It totally illustrates the complications and absurdities of childhood friendships that make them so binding, so final. Jo Knowles said she got the idea when she read a newspaper article about kids abusing other kids and wondered what it was about childhood friendships that made them what defined who we became. I was reading it in a tax office and cryiong, people were concerned about me, but the book is SOOOO good. Clearly I'm on a bit of a tragedy kick right now
That one's for Ianto. Risen Mitten, Life Knife, and that old classic...Stun Gun.
maddy<3twilight

Prom Nights from Hell
Stephenie Meyer is one of the authors!