The Gutter Gals & Co. --Innuendo thread for the "older" fan

Goodnight Elizabeth
Lusting for Blood

Re: The Gutter Gals & Co. --Innuendo thread for the "older" fan

Post by Goodnight Elizabeth »

I was posting this last night immediately after Hera's post, but my connection died, and since it was late I went to bed....but here's what I had *tried* posting:

I grew up in Arkansas not too far from a town called Hooker. We have some great names there: Oil Trough, Possum Grape, Apt, Weiner, Goobertown, and I'm sure there are more, but my mind's blank. There's a town close to where I live now called "Cooter"..you gotta love that.

http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j193/ ... 1342-1.jpg

Bac: That's awesome! :D

Re: Midnight Sun - 12 Chapters

I also knew they were leaked. While I really really want to hear from Edward, I prefer to wait until I hold the bound book in my hands. I hope SM cools off and decides to finish MS. If she decides to postpone it longer, I will most likely break down and read the leaked chapters. I feel dirty saying that, but I'm desperate.

Misfit: Thanks so much for the video! Taco poppin' is fantastic!
Squee! Thank you, Nena!
nissanmama
Officially Bitten!

Post by nissanmama »

I couldn't find a picture, but you know you're in proximity to KY, when there are roads named "Turkey Foot Rd." Seriously. Not dirty, just redneck. All of that, of course pales in comparison to sitt's redneck wedding story. She really needs to post it. It's classic. Unfortunately she's dealing with family today.

I didn't feel dirty reading MS from SM's site, because she posted it. I'm heart sick about why she felt it was necessary. It was ...wonderful. *contented sigh* I wasn't expecting new material and was absolutely delighted with the things going on in Edward's life that we didn't know about. It only makes me yearn more for the completed volume.

ETA: sitt just texted me from the middle of nowhere in Minnesota (long story) and she said she just passed a sign that said, "Pleasureland, Coming Soon". I promise, I'm not making this one up.
https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/p ... directlink
40-something and feeling a little like Mrs. Cope.
Banner by Fry
Goodnight Elizabeth
Lusting for Blood

Nima: lalalalalala *plugs fingers in ears* I can't hear you.

I really want to read Edward aka MS since I felt he was practically missing in Breaking Dawn, and I'm really trying to restrain myself. I guess the main reason I don't want to read it is because I don't want to be spoiled. Yes, we know how it turns out, but we don't know details. As Nima said there are new things in MS that we obviously didn't know before. I don't want that spoiled unless we're not getting the book.

Where are the new Stephenie-love banners coming from? Jenni: I adore your banner!
Squee! Thank you, Nena!
Tamalyn
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by Tamalyn »

Concerning MS -Sigh. This whole thing thing has made me quite sad, and quite disgruntled. I hope the hater sites that proudly posted it illegally *coughDarkSidecough* get their arses whooped in court.

I (abashedly) admit I couldn't resist reading the chapters once I started. They are the epitome of Twi-crack. They only made me absolutely CRAVE to have the book in its glorious entirety released. Its like a super-good movie trailer; Ed and Bell have only touched a few times, and the tension and expectation in the writing is superb.

I have a question, for the mods and everyone else- what do you think about discussing the now posted chapters in the forums? I adored them, and I want to talk about all their comedy and beauty and angst with my fellow Twilighters, but I feel kind of guilty doing so... like it's bad form. Any help?

Especially here! There's a few things that Eddie begins to expand upon that could provide pages worth of semi-guttery material...

Sigh. Again.
Nena
Altering source code with Jasper

Post by Nena »

Tamalyn, you can discuss Midnight sun here:

http://www.twilightlexiconforum.com/vie ... =24&t=1290
jenni_elyse
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by jenni_elyse »

Goodnight Elizabeth wrote:Where are the new Stephenie-love banners coming from? Jenni: I adore your banner!
Well, as the SLTA was talking with Alphie and Pel about trying to figure out a way to show support to Stephenie, Nena made the "I love Stephenie Meyer" banner for someone and sent it to the SLTA and said that anyone could use it.

Now, I'm torn, though, because I like the new one with her picture and I want to be a part of the massive support for Stephenie. But, at the same time, I love the one with the red background and the heart on it. Ooooh! Maybe, I'll make it animated and have it switch between the two!!! Yay! Woo hoo! :D

ETA: Nena, I hope you don't mind that I took both of your banners and animated them! I couldn't choose which one I wanted more to show my support. :lol:
:: My Blog (Comments Welcome) :: My Shelfari Shelf ::
BellaJen
Wandering Through Town

Post by BellaJen »

Hey everyone! I am so depressed that I don't have time to go and read everything I've missed AHH! Looks like I've missed some good convo! Dang it!

I did see the video from Misfit LMAO. Good times. :lol: Taco poppin..lol

I love all the town names too! I don't think there is anything like there anywhere near here :lol:

And RE: Midnight Sun. ITU GNE, that's where I am with it too. I've decided not to read them. I'm REALLY holding out hope that she will finish someday, and I can purchase my copy and lock myself away to read it front to back. I know we all know what happens it Twilight, but we don't know it through Edward's eyes and head (and I can only imagine what we will learn about others through him) and I don't want to be spoiled. I, of course, am not judging anyone who has read it.

But, if she did decide not to go on, then I will read them.

Hope everyone is having a good weekend!
We've got your back, Stephenie!
Nena
Altering source code with Jasper

Post by Nena »

jenni_elyse wrote:
ETA: Nena, I hope you don't mind that I took both of your banners and animated them! I couldn't choose which one I wanted more to show my support. :lol:
Of course not. In fact watch my siggy:
:lol:
Addicted
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by Addicted »

Intercoursing Hooker towns? HILARIOUS!!!!

I love the thought of 2 virgins in front of an intercourse sign. Sounds like something that I would have done. Its great to try and live a moral life, but yet still have a sense of humor about it all. Its the only way to go. ;)

MS Chapters- If you havent read them by now, then I say "GO READ THEM". I too REALLY hope that Stephenie can overcome this and continue on with the rest of the chapters. Edwards POV is very much like Twilight, but only like 100% BETTER!!!!
http://www.stepheniemeyer.com/pdf/midni ... draft2.pdf

*thinking*
*bows down to Misfit for all the added humor and visual aids*
Goodnight Elizabeth
Lusting for Blood

Thanks Nena, Ambereyes, and Jenni for sharing your banners.

As I said earlier, I want to wait on my reading of MS, but I fugured out my hold-up. To me, reading them now is like giving up on the idea that SM will not finish it. I'm not ready to give up hope..just yet. I've been waiting this long for MS, and I can wait a little bit longer. With all that being said, I don't judge anyone who has read it from SM's website. She did pretty much give permission, but I felt that it was begrudgingly. I completely felt the mom vibe when I read it. She is disappointed in her misbehaving children. They decieved and hurt her. She's upset, hurt, and betrayed, and I don't blame her. However, I felt that her giving the link was akin to stating "Fine, you're probably just gonna read it somewhere else anyway....here go ahead." It was permission, yes, but I still felt that she preferred we not read it.

I don't know SM personally and I'm not claiming that this is how she feels. I guess I'm placing my own feelings if it were me onto her.

ETA: HAHAHA Addicted.

Also...when did I turn into such a lame prude?!? I was always the wild funny one. :cry:
Squee! Thank you, Nena!