Gen Y ~ The 20 something's thread

Wingtear
Playing Thunderball

Re: Gen Y ~ The 20 something's thread

Post by Wingtear »

Alaya
Welcome! I'm Ninna, 25 from Finland and currently preggie with the worlds cutest little dragon-pup :roll: :mrgreen: also married to someone who Stephenie Meyer carbon copied to get Jacob's personality in Eclipse. Too bad the Jacob-look didn't rub of on hubby... :roll: I somehow seem to be the "leader" of this unruly pack...

Obie
You can so do IKEA in half an hour! I've done it plenty of times. But sure, most of the times it takes hours, true. Here IKEA isn't considered cool, it's considered cheap crap... with defected assembly instructions. It's like, you'll say "maybe we could build one to save some money." and then you go to internet and see "Oh, it's cheaper to buy it at IKEA than to buy wood and make it yourself..."

Cappu
I love, LOVE, the new banner :mrgreen: :roll:

about families on facebook...
I top you all! I have all of my freaking LEXILY there! :roll: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Banner and avatar by the amazing MRK
aliacullen
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by aliacullen »

Wingtear wrote:Alaya
Welcome! I'm Ninna, 25 from Finland and currently preggie with the worlds cutest little dragon-pup :roll: :mrgreen: also married to someone who Stephenie Meyer carbon copied to get Jacob's personality in Eclipse. Too bad the Jacob-look didn't rub of on hubby... :roll: I somehow seem to be the "leader" of this unruly pack...
hello ninna,
i have no words what to say about your husband being the character reference for jacob - close words is "wow" and "awesome" but serioulsly amazing how many people can say that! whats his name? does it happen to be called jacob or something similar?
Wingtear
Playing Thunderball

Post by Wingtear »

Alaya
He's eclipse Jacob, good and bad alike. His name is Daniel though, and although he's taller than me, he's nowhere near 7 feet, more like just over 6. Blond, curly hair and baby-blue eyes... And forgetful... very forgetful...
So, once Edward displayed the qualities of my ex (eclipse was my first book, you all know what a dimwit he acts like in the beginning) I was, well, upset with Bella for her choice. Especially since I recognized myself in her so much, and she didn't choose the one I had decided to marry in 3 months (good thing, getting a twi-addiction in the middle of the wedding preparings...)
Banner and avatar by the amazing MRK
jasmine
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by jasmine »

*puts her hand in the air* My hubs is the perfect mix between edward and jacob. yeah, really, those men exist in the real world :mrgreen: . (and i wasnt the only one who thought he was the perfect mix, when i met him, women were literally standing in line to be with him. its still one fot he greatest mysteries in life, why he choose me.)

@oobs, you just live the most interesting life ever, i never meet people like that. Only old men who stare at my chest and are scared to meet my eyes.
You know, i read all the time that people who met Peter F, are getting more and more into Carlisle. I think he might be a really nice guy, and ofcourse dont forget a man, not a boy, lol.

True blood/being human.....we dont have the channels that boradcats these, so ill have to wait for our country to buy them in a few yrs time, if they ever will. :(
Also, ive read all the 13 anita blake books sids collegue had, and now i want to read the rest but i dont have the books. And in our city they dont have english fantasy books. So i have to wait till i get to work so i can buy the next at the amrican book center. Nothing much interesting to read between now and next week because of it. Im reading the dresden files now, although im waithing for book 4 now, because im leanding these from a friend. He is reading them himself, so i might have to wait for every book. And i already finished everything i was reading a week ago. Bluh.

To everyone else, im sorry, i have been reading here, but icouldnt keep up with posting, since i wasnt online for a week. So ill try to keep up from now again.

*sighs*
Today my best friend was here, we had a blast, but it was also a lill sad. She is moving to London within a weeks time, and im really going to miss her. Luckely for me theres the internet, but still, its not the same.
Anyway, we went picknicking and played in a playground and made hilarious pics. I really wanted to have some pics to remember our time together, since i wont be seeing her for a while. I know we havent seen eachother irl much, because the train is expensive and she works in the weekends, but now, it feels like i wont be able to see her at all. And that just doenst feel very good. Feels like the only person who really knew me besides sid, is gone now. I know she;s not, and not much will change, but just the feeling that shes that far away, with a sea between us, its just weird. I kinda miss her already.

Last weekend(a week ago) we celebrated sids bday, had lots of fun and sid got lots of whisky, absinth and giftcertificates for games. Day afyer we went to see the new HarryPotter. Day after that we went to the city to buy sid some games and just have fun. And on wednesday my parents came over. Hadnt seen them in a while (think it was my moms bday in may), so that was great. All in all a good beginning of our lill holiday.
Last saturday we went to the 'gondelvaart'' , its on a canal with pimped boats with themes and such. Also a market and a carnival/funfair. Sid said it used to be really fun so we went there. On foot, because i dreamed our bikes would get stolen(yeah well, they come true regularly). Anyway, it was a long walk there and then the market was really really small and boring, aswell as the carnival/fair. Since it started on 7 and we went out the door at around half past 7, and the boats would start at 9, we were a lill bored. So we walked all the way to the starting point, which was really really far, and were stared at every step of the way. I still have NO idea why. One time, when we passed some people one of them had a cam beside her head and made a quick pic over her shoulder of us. WHY? so sid walked by, turned around and very obviously made a pic of them, lol. But it was getting really annoying, we were stared at all the way, and we werent even dressed weird or anything. And lots of (old) guys were acting like they had never even seen cleavage in their life, and when i caught them staring to freaked out and pretended not to have been staring. losers, be a man and look me in the eye!
Anyway we decided to walk back, because it was a looooong way back and we also had to walk back home. On the way we bought some candy, so our trip wasnt a total loss. But we did loose 3 hours of our lives, we will neve rget back.*sigh* And we didnt see one boat......LOL

We dont really have stuff planned for this week, we dont have money now to go on a real vaction, so we will just hang out, watch movies, do stuff in the house and such. Sid can really use the rest and relaxation.

anyway i think ill go to bed in a few, its been a long and tiring day, hope you all had a great day!

The Gen Y Rocks My Twilight Socks

Follow me @ http://gosh-makeup.blogspot.com/
cascsiany
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by cascsiany »

Wing it's just slightly more embarrassing when your family knows everything that's going on when you post.

I'm going to see a movie tonight. Either GI Joe or G-Force. I'm not expecting much of the acting for GI Joe, it's an action movie, stuff blows up and there's lots of stuff destroyed end of story.

I am officially done working thirds now. Tomorrow I start working 2 to 10. Woohoo! Maybe I'll have a decent sleep schedule.
EDC, Inc... Crane Trainee
Team Rosalie ~ Every Rose has its Thorn
"We can find some other way to pick a fight with this Demetri."~ Emmett, NM p. 534
Morgan University
Locard's Theory
pharmer4

Post by pharmer4 »

weird that people kept photographing you jasmine, perhaps if you had a photo of you two that day, you could upload it and we can comment on if the pair of you were stare-worthy. Can't comment on the old dudes checking you out. I can understand wanting them to at least man up about it when caught. I make a point of not doing it because it's not exactly a socially acceptable thing, and when you accidently do it (ie looking somewhere when something stare-worthy comes into you field of view) can be a little awkward, because then it's like "yeah sure, you don't look, what was that then . . ."

I read Harry Potter and Philosophers Stone on Monday. Will have to get the rest now, but obviously as the books get bigger, the speed won't be as impressive
30 year old tattooed metal-loving male Twilight Fan. Breaking the Stereotype.

If you don't understand the science of Twilight, or just like to scoff at it, read my explanations here
cascsiany

Post by cascsiany »

I just saw the new trailer for New Moon. It's called Meet Jacob and has Taylor talking about the new movie. It also shows some of Italy and the other werewolves.
EDC, Inc... Crane Trainee
Team Rosalie ~ Every Rose has its Thorn
"We can find some other way to pick a fight with this Demetri."~ Emmett, NM p. 534
Morgan University
Locard's Theory
TillyWhitlock
Playing Thunderball
Location: Wandering through the forest hoping to stumble upon Jasper

Post by TillyWhitlock »

Cas~ I saw it too.... between 130ish am and now I think I've watched it like twenty times.... I should have it memorized. Dude it's hot, and all the pup fans will enjoy it. God it's hot... my heart still speeds up when I see it. That's about all I can say on the matter.

Kaleb has it up on his youtube page, and yahoo has it up in their movie section. I strongly urge you to go check it out.
Garage,Bodyguard,APPC,EDC
"Drug" Dealer to THE 6. The price: One bottle of Honey or Syrup.

SarahGoddard~ The Best Lexling ever!
Twi-Twin=Kimmy
jasmine
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by jasmine »

@pharmer, we werent being photographed a lot, that just happened once. And we werent weird or anything, we just wore black pants and black tops, nothing special really.
But people just kept staring, its this lill village and well i didnt really like the people there.
I rather see men 'man-up' when they are caught staring, on Fortarock a guy did it and when i looked at him, he just gave me this goodnatured big smile, so i found myself just smiling back. Id rather have that, than men who pretend not to have stared when they were caught in the act. I just dont like dishonesty i guess.

anyway, the awesomeness thats barbara and a playground in online now, ive uploaded lots of pics, 84 orso oopsss... and they are hilarious. :mrgreen:
ill post one here:
http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=3 ... 1309688754

The Gen Y Rocks My Twilight Socks

Follow me @ http://gosh-makeup.blogspot.com/
SarahGoddard

Post by SarahGoddard »

Maria – LOVE the banner! Excellent! Umm can I be sent the book next if theres no one else in line? I love receiveing stuff in the post and adding lil comments and stuff.

Thank you Pharmer! Umm what music do I like? OK lets list some bands: Queen, 30 Seconds to Mars, Blue October, My Chemical Romance, Muse. Ummm not sure what else off the top of my head (don’t you hate that when your mind goes blank)
pharmer4 wrote:ahh, the newness - I believe this is the reason people cheat on their partners, but they don't realise that the newness gets to be oldness unless you keep doing it again and again, ending up shallow and alone
Yes! Most definitely, completly agree. I hope so, that’d be really nice I miss the newness and if that can happen with me and Lillo I think it could be really good. But like I say we need to get to know each other again.

Tilly I was just thinking “Oh I nee your email to send you the rota because its in Excel” and then you posted your email address for something else! How weird is that? Aww thank you, that’d be so cool I love music recommendations.

Cas whats TTW?

Aww Alaya your so cute! Thank you class for making her feel so welcomed and including her :D And I’m glad you came and posted more, I thought maybe you’d think “Actually I cant be bothered” You know its only good manners to credit you banner artist..... *giggles at shameless self promotion*

Obie!
Your post had me literally laughing my head off!
obieewok wrote:Motherhood Maternity breeder stores
obieewok wrote:"I'm going to go contemplate everything I ever thought about anything now. Thanks."
Absolutly cracking up! :lol: Also Mitchell is Irish, however I know what you mean about Britishness, he has a very British attitude and sense of humour. God hes SO hot! And hes even more amazing in Desperate Romantics. http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b00lvyq2 Ok need to calm down...

Ninna you will always be our leader. I think it happened long before I joined the Lexily but you are the undisputed Alpha :D

Alaya – calm yourself. No stealing Lexlings hubbys when you’ve only known them 5 minutes!
Jasmine wrote:*puts her hand in the air* My hubs is the perfect mix between edward and jacob. yeah, really, those men exist in the real world
Dont rub it in Janny :( What do you mean you don’t know why he chose you? Have you SEEN you and your awesomeness?
Is it weird that as soon as I saw “London” I thought I could go say hi to your friend. WE’VE never even met up and I go suggesting randomly meeting your friend – she’d probably think I’m quite insane!

I’m a really fast reader Pharmer. I read the final two HP books basically in a day. (Started the 6th one really late Friday night, finished the 7th early hours of Sunday morning – I basically didn’t sleep!) I also get pretty hooked and do just refuse to sleep until I literally fall asleep on the book (or laptop in the case of WA the first time round)

I have to introduce you to one of my fav comedians at the moment. He’s SO OTT British and he knows it he’s hysterical. And this clip is a trailer for “Live at the Apollo” so I see it on TV loads and everytime it makes me roar with laughter. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o6oIkgI69gE

Ok my beautiful Lexlings I’m off to bed, its gone Midnight in the UK and I need to be up early.

Huggles! :mrgreen:

~1/2 of the infamous Snowgod~
Sarah just needs her Lexily to get her through the day.
Left her ♥ on the Gen Y thread, Rockin' the 3rd person!
:mrgreen: