Gen Y ~ The 20 something's thread

aliacullen
Buying a Better Raincoat

Re: Gen Y ~ The 20 something's thread

Post by aliacullen »

hiya

its been a while but hey! how u all doing?

i just watched the twilight - new moon teasers and OMG i need to watch it every day now im too obsessed need to calm down before it controls my life. (im in denial to believe it already does)

WA i want to read the epilogue but its not up yet! waiting is torturing just like waiting till November for the film which i know i will hate just like twilight film but love at the same time it is so weird to feel like that. Also in nov muse concert (my other obsession) and my birthday...... everything good is happening in nov which needs to hurry up and come. Then it will be xmas man this year has gone so quickly!

Im just at work trying to think about not eating so im throwing myself to the managers who happen to be re-filing the office so guess what im doing? But cant complain since its keeping my mind occupied.

obieewok - love the story about your shirt absolutely hilarious your properly see pictures of yourself on facebook on strangers profile or something.

pharmer4 – saw the link that your wife suggested i cant believe that they have done that! That taking the obessin a little to far but its very pretty not that i would use it

Happy birthday to misty and jenny – hope you have a wonderful birthday do anything nice?

Take care and look forward to next time

alaya
Dazzled_by_Cullens
Touched By Cold Hands

Post by Dazzled_by_Cullens »

Pharmer- in regards to your link: hahaha I had heard that they were doing that, but that is just WAY over the top!!! I mean seriously I can’t believe that they did that. Guess there is a market for it, but it just made me laugh!

Alia- me too!! Really want to read her epilogue for WA!! I feel like it feels so unfinished right now.

Anyway not much else going on listening to an office meeting trudge on right now. UGH! But at least I do work from home =) HAPPY HUMP DAY!!!! xoxox :D :mrgreen: :ugeek:
I left my heart on the Gen Y thread...I my LEXILY
Ally_Cat
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by Ally_Cat »

Just wanted to stop in quickly and say HI! and let you all know I haven't forgotten about my Lexily.
I started going back to campus on the 18th to train for my position on my university's entertainment board, then the freshmen came followed by returning students a day later. We hosted events Friday through Monday and I've been exhausted. Monday alone I was working at our novelty booth (customized street signs and license plates) from 1 to 7, outside in South Carolina humidity.
Due to all that, my brain isn't fully working and I can't make proper posts. If you need me, hit me up on FB. :D

Obie- I've finished all the books :D Eric addiction satiated for now ;)
Last edited by Ally_Cat on Thu Aug 27, 2009 8:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
The Volturi: Nora
Private Ophelia Grey of Jasper's Army
Team "Screw you freaks! I pick Ben!"
Gen-Y: The Lexily
pharmer4
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by pharmer4 »

Dazzled_by_Cullens wrote:Pharmer- in regards to your link: hahaha I had heard that they were doing that, but that is just WAY over the top!!! I mean seriously I can’t believe that they did that. Guess there is a market for it, but it just made me laugh!
I thought people would be entertained by it (the idea of the product, not the actual product - if that was the case, best keep it to yourself).

I don't think it's official though (I'd very much doubt it), in fact I'd say someone already had a sparkly one available, and saw the potential to market it without actually naming the Twilight series.

Got some bad news this week - while I've been on holiday from work, one of my staff tried to commit suicide. She's actually one of the staff I work closest with (she's a dispensary technician - she basially makes my workload less so I can focus on customers rather than clerical stuff).

And I found out because I had just finished making a website for someone, and he paid me by cheque. The only place open at that time of day was the local liquor shop, which is managed by her husband. I went in and was chatting, and as I was leaving, I just asked how she was doing at work, and his face just dropped and he told me (not directly at first, but eventually he explained).

It's a real tragedy, because I've known for a while that she's been depressed, and her husband hinted (very strongly) at things in her past that have caused this. It's all the worse because her teenage daughter is the one who found her.

I'm not sure how she's going to go coming back to work - I'm sure her confidence will be shot, and in such a small town, she'll expect that we'll all know (even though at this point, only the owners, myself, the other pharmacist, and one other staff knows). making it harder is that one of the owners, despite being a pharmacist for 25 years, doesn't exactly know how to empathise (she's an alpha personality), so I'm sure this will increase her trepidation about coming back to work.

Anyway, sorry for the heavy Vulgar Language is Ugly. How's everyone else's week going?
30 year old tattooed metal-loving male Twilight Fan. Breaking the Stereotype.

If you don't understand the science of Twilight, or just like to scoff at it, read my explanations here
obieewok
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by obieewok »

So we've made it to Thursday. Woo. Hoo.

I'm in a blah mood today, probably to match the weather outside. Our cool front moved through today in Dallas, leaving us at 90 degrees for the high. Yep. Real cool. It's rainy and nice but my mood is dreary just like outside. I blame lack of sleep.

I went to see Time Traveler's Wife last night. Didn't blow total chunks, but it changed some things from the book that I thought were important, plus it was too "Notebook 2.0" for my taste. I mean, the Notebook is great----if you are in the mood for that. But this book was way more than a love story, and I don't feel that was accurately reflected. Oh well. Next up---Julie & Julia, Final Destination and Halloween 2.

Ally---Congrats dude on finishing the books! It's sad, because the next one won't be out until next year, but at least we have the show to hold us over:)

MRK found The Whipping Boy for me on paperbackswap.net . She freaking rocks.

I am going to start reading the Lovely Bones since I've owned the book now for a year without cracking it open. It's time. Plus I saw the preview for it last night and I'm excited for Peter Jackson to be involved. I also sort of want to read Where the Wild Thing Are. You know I have never read it? Speaking of which---what are movies/books that everyone has read but you?

I've never read:
Atlas Shrugged
Wuthering Heights (not all the way through)
War and Peace
Harry Potter

I've never seen:
Dumbo
Raging Bull
Gone with the Wind (I fell asleep three hours in)
The Graduate
Wall Street
Kramer Vs Kramer

I haven't seen or read a BUNCH of stuff, but these are the ones that stick out because everyone else has seen or read them. I won't even touch upon Sci Fi---Hubs says I'm retarded when it comes to this genre as I haven't touched much.

I overheard hubs trying to get tickets for Evil Dead The Musical for my birthday this year. Yes---I am a HUGE fan of Bruce Campbell. It must be said. So since Evil Dead (and Army of Darkness) are just awesome flicks, he took this opportunity to try to surprise me. Awww. Well, he won't do Kings of Leon tickets, because he says they sound "dreadful" (remember---hubs is old, therefore, he doesn't "get" newer music) so I'm sure he picked this because it won't offend him lol.

I so wanted to call into work "fat" today. That should be a valid excuse.

Janny---trust me---the only part going "soft" on me during pregnancy is my fat tummy. I wanted to dry punch that chick in the throat for interrupting my grazing to fawn over said Tshirt, but felt like it would take too long to hide the body.

I hope everyone has a Mike Newtony day (that means whatever you want it to mean) and catch you later taters!

Ters
"Has anyone ever shown you the difference between good touch and bad touch? 'Cause I'd love to demonstrate. We could start right now.'"

Like my banner? Suck it. MRK made it for me.
TillyWhitlock
Playing Thunderball
Location: Wandering through the forest hoping to stumble upon Jasper

Post by TillyWhitlock »

Obs~ Books I've never read... hmm... that's hard since I'm a freaking book fanatic. But Movies I can tell you about.

Movies I've never seen:
Apollo 13. Yea I know, I'm a movie freak, and I haven't seen it. You know the part where Tom Hanks looks at the moon while he's drunk? I fall asleep at that part every time. And that's only like half an hour into it.
Gone With The Wind. I've just never had the opportunity.
To Kill A Mockingbird. I read the book in high school and HATED it.

Ally and Obie~ Isn't Eric just great. Gah... I fall in love with him every time.

DUUUDE Tropic of Virgo wrapped up last night. But sequel??? Quite possibly. And it'll be called Tropic of Gemini if she writes it. Which makes me a happy camper. MsKathy updated The Trip Home which made me a happy camper last night. So much to take in. I FINALLY read CW&IA. GAH! Such sexual tension. And I started reading The Fan by Pears13. That's an awesome story. And then there's The Sovereign Six by Holly16. And that's an awesome story... kinda hard to explain... Bella and Eddie are high school loves who never had sex and they vow to never have sex with anyone else until they finally sleep together. Well they go to different schools. Edward to Dartmouth, Bella to LSU. Edward moves to New York and Bella stays in New Orleans. Tragedy happens and they all end up in Forks and back together again. And it comes out that Bella and Edward have kept their vows of no sex. So they're 28 and still virgins. Emmett comes down to New Orleans and spends Mardi Gras with Bella and a ton of fun ensues, and a lot of truths come out. :-) GO READ IT. Seriously awesome stories.

I've been spending my last couple of days over on the Twilighted threads. Seriously that's one awesome place to be. It's cool to talk to all the authors and other fans about the stories... and all the good stories have threads... so much fun. :-) Okay, I'm gonna go read Home Run... Everyone over there loves it already and it's only got like four chapters. *shrugs* And then I'm gonna hang out on the Twilighted threads... come find me if you want to!
Garage,Bodyguard,APPC,EDC
"Drug" Dealer to THE 6. The price: One bottle of Honey or Syrup.

SarahGoddard~ The Best Lexling ever!
Twi-Twin=Kimmy
MRK
Fishing with Charlie

Post by MRK »

~~*** HAPPY BIRTHDAY JANNY!!!***~~
Dazzled_by_Cullens
Touched By Cold Hands

Post by Dazzled_by_Cullens »

HAPPY BIRTHDAY JANNY SWEETIE! WE <3 YA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D :) ;) :D :) ;)
(hope I got the time diff right)
I left my heart on the Gen Y thread...I my LEXILY
TillyWhitlock
Playing Thunderball
Location: Wandering through the forest hoping to stumble upon Jasper

Post by TillyWhitlock »

HAPPY BIRTHDAY JANNY!!!!!!!!!!!
Garage,Bodyguard,APPC,EDC
"Drug" Dealer to THE 6. The price: One bottle of Honey or Syrup.

SarahGoddard~ The Best Lexling ever!
Twi-Twin=Kimmy
animegaijingirl

Post by animegaijingirl »

HAPPY BIRTHDAY JANNY AND MISTY!! <3 <3

Pharmer, that's awful about your coworker. I'm having trouble putting my thoughts about it on the page here. Just a sad situation really. It must be hard for you as well. Oh dear, I really am over thinking what I want to say and then ending up with nothing to say. :roll:

So I'm excited to say that Sarah's going to come up and visit me in October!!, I'm going to drag her to the Dr Who exhibit, and if the weather cooperates we'll do some countryside things too, and of course going for cocktails is a must!
And guys, don't tell her this ;) as it may not happen in time, but there's a big possibility that I'll have finished redecorating the living room before she comes, which would mean I'd have replaced the couch and bought a sofa bed! But you know, don't tell her that and get her hopes up :lol: , cuz she may still have to have the floor if I don't finish in time.

OK, off to go help a friend hold it together, her family found out her dad's cancer came back and is probably terminal this time, so she's in the shocky/numb/soon-to-be-in-a-world-of-hurt-stage again.

Have a good weekend everyone!