Gen Y ~ The 20 something's thread

jasmine
Hanging Up on Jessica

Re: Gen Y ~ The 20 something's thread

Post by jasmine »

@pharmer, hope your mom will be okay.
btw you have a very youthfull mom, i mean, sids and mine(i have a bro who is 2 yrs older than me, and sids 34 now), are both 54. And those are pretty young if i compare them to others.

@paulinha same with you, hope it will be nothing serious or at least something they can fix.

My mom has a thing on the outside of her uterus, and it weighs over 1 kg. They dont do anything about it because when she gets into uhm...whats the word in english...old-woman-mode (LOL). it should shrink along with the utures. But ofcourse my mom has it for yrs now, because she isnt going into old-woman-mode. They say they wont remove it untill it hurts or something, but common, 1 kg??? thats big.

Also, goodluck with the girl, ill be thinking about you and hoping something nice comes out of it.

@dazzled, uhm no? i dont even share with sid *blushes* he only gets those that are already to dry to peel of the skin.
btw too bad you live so far away, i get excited about hearing of your new places and i want to help paint and such. thats what friends do, right?

About insurance. Here it smandatory and its always been prettyg good. but lately changes have been made and we have been scr*wed for over 400 euros a yr A PERSON. Before, you got a 250 euros payback when you hadnt used any insurance, or below 250 when you did. THats been taken away. And on top of that, they now have 155 euro OWN RISK per person, no matter what insurance you have. We always paid the highest insurance possible, so we wouldnt have ANY own risk. And now we just do. because the goverment just decided we would. bast*rds. So now, we have to come up with 800 euro more every yr. There are some comensations, but nowhere near enough. Its al because our new government, they only take and give nothing back. I didnt vote for them. *sigh*

Anyway other news:
a (girl)friend of my motherinlaw told her ''your daughterinlaw always looks so groomed''. and well...from her mouth. thats a compliment.....she should she me at home, withouth makeup, shaggy hair and my sweats lol. Still its nice to hear, when youve made an effort.

yesterdat at the american book store, the guy at the register asked for my studentcard. when i told him i hsvent been a student for yeaaaars, he just looked at me as if i lied. since im going on 30, thats a compliment to me. (its been 6yrs when i was a student)

I also bought a bath, a lill one, 105 cm, where you can ''sit' in. Its cost me something, but at least i can soak in some lush now and then. (im really excited about the xmasproducts) .fatherinlaw helped me get it and make a drain in it.

i also bought a new anita blake book, but im afraid im on the end of the series now (im in blood noir now). *cries*
sooooo... i need some help which series to read/buy now. I saw LOTS of them in the american book center, and i cant choose.
I really want something like anita blake, dresden files, BDB. i love that stuff.
Im also looking how to fit in more bookcases in our house, but thats a bit of a problem. maybe upstairs...
(wish we all lived closer to eachother, then we would be eachothers libraries. would save soooo much money)

i have to clean up our and merlijns bedroomd, they are going to put in doubleglass windows in them, and they need working space around them. i so dont want to clean..bluh.

tomorrow is glamourday around here. which means if you have the magazine glamour(which only costed 3euros WITH a free sample of clinique mascara) you get 20% discount at lots of stores. including lingerie, perfume, makeup and clothes. *grin*
guess what ill be doing tomorrow?

im thinking about staring up the central heater again, im cold. its already october, but still, a hot water bottled at my feet helps aswell. saves a lot of money if you keep it off for a while.

hope veryone has a great weekend!!

The Gen Y Rocks My Twilight Socks

Follow me @ http://gosh-makeup.blogspot.com/
pharmer4
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by pharmer4 »

thanks for the thoughts about me mum, but all should be OK.

She had a catscan the other day, and when she got back to town (we don't have a catscan in my town), she brought it into the pharmacy (all on CD these days, very high-tech and user-friendly) so I checked it out.

It's a nicely bordered lesion in her salivary gland, and all malignant tumours of the salivary gland have jagged borders, so that's good news.

Hey, looks like we're up to 99 page again - should be getting a new thread again soon.

About insurance - I don't have any private health insurance (except for ambulance). In australia, the health system is a little different.

When you see a doctor, the majority of the cost is covered by a government scheme called Medicare, which pays the doctor. If the doctor feels they should charge more than what medicare pays, you pay the difference. Medicare also subsidises drugs (ie, they pay me to give you drugs for either $5.30 if you are a pensioner, or up to $32.90 if you are not). This applies for any drug listed with the government, from aspirin that costs the govt $4 for 100 tabs, up to herceptin, which costs the govt $90000 a year per patient.

If you need to go to hospital, it is covered. If you need surgery, you have 3 choices - have insurance and get it done now, have no insurance and pay out of pocket to have it done now, or go on a waiting list. If it is an emergency, no waiting.

Dental is not covered, and not all drugs or medical procedures are covered either, but you can claim health expenses on tax here - once you pay over $1500 in out-of-pocket expenses (after medicare etc), you get 20c in the dollar back in your tax return.

Since we are all fit and healthy in my family, we don't have the insurance, because the total out-of-pocket expenses on hospital/doctors my family have incurred in the last 10 years has been about $5000 (approx), while insurance would cost my family that much EACH YEAR.

My daughter starts 2 weeks school holiday today, and she borrowed the next 2 potter books from the library - goblet and order. Gees, they are massive. It's gonna be interesting to see how well she gets through them.

Anwyay, i think that's it for me.
30 year old tattooed metal-loving male Twilight Fan. Breaking the Stereotype.

If you don't understand the science of Twilight, or just like to scoff at it, read my explanations here
obieewok
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by obieewok »

Happy Friday you sexy peeps!

Pharms---so glad to hear moms is going to be ok. I'll have to go back and see how old your mom is since Janny mentioned how young she is. Mine would be 42 now I believe if she were still alive. (Yes, trust me---I'm well aware how messed up it is that my mother had me at freaking 14). And thanks for the awesome fanfic link. Didn't even know that existed.

Oh--because I know a couple of you on here are Jasperella fans---Go read First Love Lost and then the sequel First Love Found. Pretty good Jasper/Bella stuff.

Becs was right----Take the Cake is good and it makes you a horndog and hungry all at the same time.

I'm working this weekend at the theatre so I get no break.

Movies opening:
Invention of Lying---I love Ricky Gervais, so I'll eventually see it.
Whip It----I love Ellen Page (Juno), so I'll probably see it. Plus Roller Derby chicks are hawt.
Zombieland----Did I mention my huge HUGE crush on Woody Harrellson? Plus this movie looks very Shaun of the Dead-esque, so I'll definitely be there.

Insurance here pretty much sucks, which is why our government is fighting over a new plan. A ton of people in the states have no healthcare at all and are in need. I know of a ton of doctors who won't see patients without insurance, and won't take straight cash. A lot of docs are scared about liability seeing as how US peeps are sue-happy. There was a story in the Dallas paper recently about a guy who bled to death waiting at one of our ghetto hospitals for treatment for a gunshot wound (that particular hospital gets a lot of those) because there are so many people waiting there. That hospital is one of the only ones around that will treat you (eventually) without insurance because it gets government funding. The nicer ones usually will find a way not to treat you without insurance. It's all very smarmy. I like that word:) Anyways, yes, me and mine do have insurance through my job, since hubs job doesn't offer it (they don't have to---employers usually get a choice if they don't have x number of employees or make x amount of money per year, etc) so I carry the weight of that. For the whole fam to be insured I pay around 500 bucks a month, around 250 each paycheck----and keep in mind this is a GOOD deal lol. We have everything---medical, vision and dental. We still have a deductible we have to meet before insurance pays. We also still have copays to pay after that. The medical field makes money dudes. Even though I'm insured for example, I still have to pay $600 to the doctor for delivery of a baby BEFOREHAND, then I'll pay around a grand to the hospital after the delivery because insurance will only pay 80 percent. I'll also have to pay around 500-700 to the anese-whatever dude that puts my magic epidural thing in. So yeah---even insured it's expensive. I'd hate to think what it would cost without all this. Of course, there is my sister in law and brother in law, who are on some form of welfare I think, and they don't pay anything at all. Sort of makes you resentful lol.

Hey---everyone send good vibes to Holly today---her man Darcy is leaving to go back home to Canada, so she'll be a bit bummed.

For all those who didn't see AG's post, she made a comment about how she was hoping the epilogue would be up and done by around 10/1. So hopefully there is an ending coming soon---and she will then start back on Gemini and Gypsies.

You guys all rock. Just sayin.

Obs
"Has anyone ever shown you the difference between good touch and bad touch? 'Cause I'd love to demonstrate. We could start right now.'"

Like my banner? Suck it. MRK made it for me.
Ally_Cat
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by Ally_Cat »

Yay it is Friday!

This week has been crazy. I had three tests - one monday, one tuesday, and one wednesday - and the first part of an econ mini-project due. Too many things happening at once, but atleast it'll be slow for about a week and a half and then my 5 day weekend for Fall Break! Sounds exciting, but if things (money wise) work out I'll finally be getting these annoying wisdom teeth out.

Pharmer- I was 12 when I read Goblet of Fire - it took me 4 days with interuptions from school, homework, and family stuff. If she is around that age or older I don't think she'll have a problem, especially if she like the first three. Personally, I love book 3, but I think book 4 is when the series hits a whole new level of addicting. :D

Speaking of Harry Potter - my friend who has made fun of her sister for years for being a huge HP fan finally submitted and read the series. She is now one of us, a crazed Potter fan. She is leaving for France this Saturday, so Wednesday she came over with one of our other friends and we had lunch and we played Harry Potter scene-it. With me, her sister, and our friend Randy she has no chance of coming out of this sane - just like what happened to her a Twilight :lol:

Janny- Hope you are enjoying your walnuts. I completely understand wanting them fresh from the tree. When I lived in Georgia we had a huge pecan tree that we'd collect from. Then we'd cook them up in pies and other desserts, yummy

Insurance- My mom and grandmother are nurses, so I've basically grown up in the American health care industry and thus want nothing to do with it. But I do listen to and ask questions - It is far from how many Americans view it. First - hospitals make squat. People w/out insurance bail on their bills, they aren't really suppose to get anything free. Hospitals can't collect, they charge more to those who can't pay to make up the difference and they still come up short - reason why emergency rooms are shutting down in American cities. Specialty doctors might make money, but they also get ripped off by insurance companies and Medicare so they have to charge more to make up for the loss. Drug companies charge us an arm & a leg to make up for all the money, time, and resources spent in R&D and trying to meet government safety and health standards. We really need to regulate insurance companies to be less competitive and greedy. At our economical state in the US, universal healthcare, as in the form it is being discussed, will do zilch but put us in more debt. They are trying to push something out so fast that it isn't going to doing anything. We have no money, but our gov't thinks we can give insurance w/out raising taxes and only by cutting other costs. However, once those costs are cut and those funds are gone there is no income for health care without taxes - our budget is a big red, so any funds are really a joke. The US has some of the lowest taxes and yet we still complain. You get private insurance and low taxes or universal healthcare and high taxes, it is the trade off. The gov't can't provide something they can't afford and they only make revenue through taxes. I think there should be a way for the US to have better access to affordable healthcare, but our politicans never are smart in the fields of healthcare industry and economics, so they are sloppy when coming up with reforms.

I must now go finish errands. I already got a lot done today, but thats what happens when you don't sleep in until 10am.
The Volturi: Nora
Private Ophelia Grey of Jasper's Army
Team "Screw you freaks! I pick Ben!"
Gen-Y: The Lexily
DHSHolly
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by DHSHolly »

So, this stupid thing stopped giving me updates, and I depend on those, so I kept forgetting to come here and check out things. So I missed a whole week of posts. :( So that sucks.

I hope that I didn't miss too much, I kind of skimmed through.

So as terrs said darcy leaves tomorrow. So we still have one more day. :( Also tomorrow I get my new laptop.

Don't really have anything else at the moment. :)
CappuGirl
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by CappuGirl »

Anyone interested on seeing Lapland (more specificly the Arctic Circle, 130km north from me) in an autumn sunrise? Check out some of the pics my friend took this morning on his run. Whoa! 8-)

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=1 ... =698430889

Look, there's frost on the leaf! Getting cold out here...

There was LOADS of mist coming from North, he wrote. Makes the sunrise look very dream-like.
There was more cool mist-sunrise pics but I don't know how many link we're aloud to put on. Just click next.

Here's some "ruska" as we call it; all the different colors of leaves. The birch trees are changing. My maple tree still isn't.
Wingtear
Playing Thunderball

Post by Wingtear »

Maria
We don't seem to have access to those pictures :-( but I bet they're beautiful! Mom was on a ruska-trip a few years ago, and the pic's she took was amazing!

I should go roll up in my bed now. I'm tired...
Banner and avatar by the amazing MRK
jasmine
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by jasmine »

@pharmer , so glad to hear your mom will probably be okay. its never fun to hear when ppls parents have something like that. it always make me look at their age, my parents age and think of times when they wont be around anymore.
im glad for you everyone is so healthy, but still...ive always chosen the highest insurance available(they have them in categories with each diff insurance company, the more own risk you want, the lower the insurance is). Anyway. around here you can get any insurance you want, -until- you get something. LIke sid, with his diabetes, if he wanted a diff insurance now, they could refuse him. but since we already have the highest one, they cant. so they have to pay..for everything. and i even made them pay some stuff they usually dont pay. the lill paperthingies you use for measuting your bloodsugar are pretty expensive, ariund 65 euro for a lill jar. Especially when we didnt rerally knew how his sugar reacted , we used those a lot. normally they only pay them when you have typ1, not type 2. but i told them that sid was on the border of type 1(which is true) and if he cant measure at home, his sugar would be to wild, and eventually he would have type 1, and theywould have to pay them anyway. took me long enough, filling in forms and calling many many times. but they pay those now. yeah, i can nag...really really nag. *grin*

anyway, we pay around 250 for the both of us, thats incl dental and a lot of other stuff. medicines, but also for example, sterilisation, wigs(when you had chemo), everything to do with pregnancy and babies, birthcontrol, glasses(300 euros every 2 yrs), dental (some stuff only 80%), but also therapists, certain foods, etc.
im not sure how it usually goes with hospitalvisits, but most of the time your covered for all i know. sid had surgery a few yrs back, and we did get the bill, but insurance had already paid it for us. it was 4500 euro and we didnt pay a dime. then again, we should have had help in the house, bandages and even special food, and didnt get that,. (we heard afterward that we had rights to have those). so it cost me a lot of workingdays(unpaid) to care for sid, and a lot of money for bandages and special foods. i wont let me scr*w that way again.

@oobs, my sisterinlaw got pregnant at 15 and delivered at 16. She even was on tv in teenagemoms-stuff. actually she even was in a teenage magazine, and a few yrs back, when my mom was cleaning up my old room she found that one. weird to know, that when i was 16 i was reading about my sister-in-law-to-be. sometimes i think there are to many coincidences in my life.

@ally i can understand your look at the unsurance stuff. my dad is a cop and you probably can understand how much crap i get to hear about those. on top of that, my dads a hunter (a real one with all the legal passes and everything, working along with the forestwatcher(?)), and try to explain that to people who only know ppl who do it for recreational purposes, or animallovers.

@DHSholly, *hugs* i know you talk about darcy leaving and such, but now im confused(my mind is one big black hole most of the time). how come he has to leave everytime?

so i got a lill cad in the mail that a diff company wants to give use new windows in every other part of the house...on wednesday. i think im going to call them to say they can come a week later orso. i dont want to have 2 days of working crew in my house and having to work the next day. i want to clean up all the stuff they will throw around. (and clean up a bit before they come hahahaha).

about the walnuts: im a sad lill panda. most nuts were already drying and they just arent as fresh as other yrs. its because theres not enough wind and its still too warm. they are already drying on the trees.
my mom told me they will send a new box on monday, so hopefully they will be fresher, but she siad they were pretty dry :(
so instead of almost no walnuts, sid will probably have half a box of walnuts :(

The Gen Y Rocks My Twilight Socks

Follow me @ http://gosh-makeup.blogspot.com/