Twilight Fanfiction discussion thread 2

Amanda Beth
Has Caught Sight of Edward

Re: Twilight Fanfiction discussion thread

Post by Amanda Beth »

Thanks guys, I was hoping readers would understand why I did what I did. The whole connection with Jacob was really just an epiphany I had, it wasn't planned out. I wanted Jacob in the story more but needed to find something significant to bring him in for. And I hope I showed a little more into Renesmee and his connection. It's hard right now because she's a little girl. I don't know about everyone else but I could picture him holding her and refusing to let her go.
Last edited by Amanda Beth on Tue Jun 30, 2009 10:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
twilightsagaaddict
Has Caught Sight of Edward

Post by twilightsagaaddict »

akire wrote:
GenevieveCullen wrote:
ringswraith wrote:SPOILERS!

Ugh! Just when you think "it can't possibly get any worse," we get this and get proven wrong.
SPOILER
I know what you mean. Was expecting it to happen though. Doesn't make it any less gut-wrenching. Stupid Edward and his slow brain.
SPOILER

Exactly, Jen!! And I can't decide if I want to cry or smack them both. OMG JUST TALK TO EACH OTHER! But oh, the angst.
Just read it this morning.....

SPOILER----
I almost shook the computer in lieu of Edward! GAH! Open your mouths and SPEAK!! :evil: ok, just had to get that out!

I'm finally caught up with "The List" - LOVE IT!!!

Still need to read the last 2 updates of "The Dominant", and the most recent "Ex-Factor" (I've been dying for an update!)

Amanda Beth, I haven't started yours yet, but I have it in My Favorites. I'm hoping that as a reward to myself for getting stuff done today that I can get started on it. 8-)
Proud resident of Rob's Halfway House !!Image
Banner by TammyAZ
edward4ever
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Post by edward4ever »

missp wrote:Here's the link to my story, Perfect Forever.
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/5176653/1/
Ooooh! Great job! I like it a lot! It fits so easily into SM's writing style and I love how you summarized the BD Volturi scene, and even followed up on some secondary characters. EXCELLENT!! Can't wait for Ch. 2!
p.s. I was a little concerned at first when Jacob needed to talk to Nessie (i.e. how could that work? he wouldn't be able to do that). But, once he explained to her what it was...it made perfect sense...of course he needs to do that! DUH! :D
TERRIFIC!

pammy ;)

EDIT: I didn't have the problems the others wrote about-- following which character's were speaking--but, they are right. It can get confusing. When I wrote my fanfic (just a short story, about 2200 words [the ones that were left out of BD!!] about the honeymoon night *cough-it'sattachedtomysiggy-cough*) I studied SM's books and noticed (as Amanda Beth pointed out) that a new line was started when someone else spoke, or the subject changed. I noticed too, after I submitted it, that none of my indents stayed. I guess I could go back in and try to correct that, but that's something to consider as well.

FOR ALL: Speaking of my fanfic *bats eyes innocently* (You like that segway?? :D ). I have finally decided to write my Honeymoon Night Extra, from Edward's perspective. It's almost done, and I like it a lot! Edward is much more descriptive! (I already have about 4000 words and Bella hasn't even gone to sleep yet) He sees so much more afterall!
Edward's Honeymoon Night Extra
Honeymoon Night Extra
Two feather pillows--$75
One headboard--$220
Spending 17 days alone on Isle Esme with Edward Cullen--PRICELESS!
Jazz Girl
Making beautiful music with Edward as only I can

Post by Jazz Girl »

I am home sick from work today and thought it would be a great day to catch up on some of my reading. I just finished Save You, not that it is all that long of a read of course. Thank the gods for that. I am literally weeping. When I first read New Moon, I had to stop on page 74. That was my dream that night, dreading what SM had coming. I think that might be the most beautiful pain I have ever experienced.
“Directing 7 Cullens at once=herding cats" :ROTFLMAO:
C-Dubs is TwitterRoyalty
Turning Page is Gospel~Ashley=MiniMe~HHBS
SweetKay
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by SweetKay »

navarre wrote:I believe the The Ex-Factor has taken Wide Awake's place as number one in the fan-fiction world for me.
I have never read anything so gripping, so raw, so intense, so emotional and so powerful as TEF.

Yes WA is still one of the best out there, but TEF is, to me, so much better.

Beautiful from start to the last chapter she posted. AngelAtTwilight says she sees more for these characters, I am hoping for many, many more chapters for this story. Twenty-eight thus far.

If you have not read The Ex-Factor, please do. It is soooo worth it!
navarre: Thank you so much for recommending The Ex-Factor, I am SO enjoying it. I have now read thru Chapter 4 and I am completely hooked! I am trying to take my time reading so it will last longer. Luckly AngelAtTwilight writes VERY LONG chapters, so they last longer.
SweetKay
ImageImage
TEAM EDWARD ~~ EX-FACTOR ADDICT ~~ WA ADDICT ~~ TEAM ALICE
Jazz Girl
Making beautiful music with Edward as only I can

Post by Jazz Girl »

I haven't seen this one mentioned here just yet, but I have become quite enamoured of If Love Could Light A Candle which is written by AG's beta Pastiche Pen. An interesting twist on the story. It is kind of canon, but kind of not. Rather than a high school student, Edward is playing the role of a therapist whom Bella begins to see because of her reserved nature and difficulty adjusting to life in Forks. It jumps back and forth between Edward & Bella's present and Edward's vigilante days. 7 very long chapters thus far, updating about every week or so. Very well written and loving seeing badarse Edward during his days hunting humans. A really interesting paradox.

EDIT: And to whomever recommended Tropic of Virgo Holy Hell and thank you very much. I am not even through chapter 3 and I am loving the Would you PLEASE stop trying to get round the filters? out of it!! Win after bloody fracking win!!!!! I know, apparently, it gets a little angsty by the time I get current. But, mother of gods, she is a genius.!!!!
“Directing 7 Cullens at once=herding cats" :ROTFLMAO:
C-Dubs is TwitterRoyalty
Turning Page is Gospel~Ashley=MiniMe~HHBS
Snowstone
Learning to Love Green

Post by Snowstone »

Is there a thread for original fiction? nothing to do with Twilight or any other works.
My Twitter
Check my little stories and photos, and give me some feedback
My FictionPress Profile
My Deviantart Profile
GenevieveCullen
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Post by GenevieveCullen »

Snowstone wrote:Is there a thread for original fiction? nothing to do with Twilight or any other works.
Hmmm not entirely sure to be honest. If there is, it would be under the Flight to Phoenix forum topics. It's not likely though. This forum had to be requested.

Could always just talk about it here until a mod decides to make one.

Chapter 18 of Bonne Foi is up if anyone is reading that as well.
Resident of Rob's Halfway House :: WA Addict :: Team Switzerland
Image Image by ForJazz
Snowstone
Learning to Love Green

Post by Snowstone »

Taking GenevieveCullen advice, here it is, a little story I'm writing for some time, "Keys of Mystery", as of now it has a Prologue and five chapters. Recently I re-read it and am in the process of re-writing it, mainly changing the narrator to be the main character, so a first person narration, although some scenes have to be in the third person (still the same narrator) and some scenes to make them more interesting and finally if I manage the time and the inspiration to add some scenes to slow down the events, so it's not something happen all the time, although this is something very difficult for me.

I would love if you can give me some input, also am looking for a Beta-Reader/Editor (grammar, spelling and vocabulary, since English is not my first language I some times feel I don't know all the words I should to write a more rich text/story), I know there is a thread, but I believe is only for Twilight fanfic.

Keys of Mystery
My Twitter
Check my little stories and photos, and give me some feedback
My FictionPress Profile
My Deviantart Profile
ringswraith
Running with Leah 'cause she thinks I'm hawt

Post by ringswraith »

Actually, the beta readers thread is not just for TW fanfic. :)

I'd offer to do it, but I'm already beta for a couple of stories, plus I'm still working on my own, so I don't want to take on anymore until they're done.