Twilight Guys

simple_love♫
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Re: Twilight Guys

Post by simple_love♫ »

there's a guy in my bio class who was reading it and i screamed (people gave me a funny look) and started talking to him about.. i don't think he is as into it as i am :lol: but he did admit it is a good book
Last edited by simple_love♫ on Mon Sep 22, 2008 3:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
  /l、
゙(゚、 。 7
 l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノKitty.
Brokensoul
Settled in Forks

Post by Brokensoul »

Hello I am new to this forum, but i will say this i loved twilight and I am a guy * insert girlish praise here* and its nice to come to a place to discuss such a nice story. I will say this my favorite character is Jasper just because i like how reserved he is and that his back story is very good ( besides he has the best thing ever Alice) so anyways just wanted to say hello and i look forward to talking about the world of twilight!
Yes i am a guy and yes i like twilight.
spookybell
Part of Carlisle's Clan

Post by spookybell »

welcome twilight guy...

I'm jealous that you live close to forks than I do
Sometimes I am not satisfied with my signature!
shape-shifter
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by shape-shifter »

Imagine how this whole series would be differen't if Bella were a boy and Edward was a girl(I guess we'd have to make jacob a girl too) lol i wonder if the books would be the same
Adam
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by Adam »

^ That is a good question. I like hypotheticals like that. I'm re-reading Eclipse right now and I was kind of wondering something similar: How would Bella react to Edward hanging out with someone of the opposite sex who wanted to break up his relationship, and essentially take her place with Edward?
This is why Bella pissed me off in this book. Even though she's not as romantically inclined toward Jake as she is to Edward, she obviously knows that Jake wants her, and she keeps encouraging him throughout the book. WTF?
Trey
I'm A Proud Twilight Guy

Post by Trey »

*raises hand* I'm a Twilight guy. I used to be on the lex more often, back when it was the old lex. None of you probably know me now, though. Haha oh well. I know my banner says im into Victoria..yeah i'm not that into dead vampires :lol: besides i'm more of an Alice guy.
PROUD TWI-GUY!

Vampgrl_11 best friend!!

Tamalyn

Post by Tamalyn »

Adam wrote:^ That is a good question. I like hypotheticals like that. I'm re-reading Eclipse right now and I was kind of wondering something similar: How would Bella react to Edward hanging out with someone of the opposite sex who wanted to break up his relationship, and essentially take her place with Edward?
This is why Bella pissed me off in this book. Even though she's not as romantically inclined toward Jake as she is to Edward, she obviously knows that Jake wants her, and she keeps encouraging him throughout the book. WTF?
Hm. I think that if Bella WAS the reason that Edward had a BFF of the opposite gender who was into him, and kept trying to break up the relationship (lets call her 'Jane'.... oh wait, lets NOT), Bella wouldn't be pissed off. Confused and jealous? Absolutely! The reason that Jake was such an integral part of Bella's life was Ed's absence, and I think that fact - plus his superhuman self control - is why his attutude towards Jake becomes somewhat cordial in Eclipse.

Lets try another fliparound - What if the lead character and narrator was a guy - and he fell in love with a girly vamp after moving to Forks? And his BFF turned out to be a wolf-girl? Oh the possibilities!!
Adam

Post by Adam »

I could be totally wrong, but I think for one thing, the girls would not be as inclined to murder eachother as Jake and Edward were at times. Hopefully they would be more diplomatic.
Tamalyn

Post by Tamalyn »

Adam wrote:I could be totally wrong, but I think for one thing, the girls would not be as inclined to murder eachother as Jake and Edward were at times. Hopefully they would be more diplomatic.

I have to disagree with you there!

I, (not being a man), can't make exact comparisons between which sex is the most ferocious in protecting their relationships. In the Twilight universe, even though the only think keeping Jake and Ed from literally killing eachother was Bella, things worked out and they became friends.

I've observed that women, on the other hand, are generally ruthless when it comes to defending their relationships. I think Victoria and Irina make pretty good examples. I, personally, could NEVER be friends with a hussie that tried to take my man, and I would fight tooth and nail with her regardless of my man's attachment to her. Ruthless.
Tengo Nubs.
Hanging Up on Jessica
Location: Fighting off all the chubies who want to steal her fictional men. ::cough::SAM&SHEL::cough::

Post by Tengo Nubs. »

Tamalyn wrote:I've observed that women, on the other hand, are generally ruthless when it comes to defending their relationships. I think Victoria and Irina make pretty good examples. I, personally, could NEVER be friends with a hussie that tried to take my man, and I would fight tooth and nail with her regardless of my man's attachment to her. Ruthless.
i'm going to have to agree here. women are very territorial, i find. the only difference would be that the two girls might *pretend* to be friendly to each other (especially if it had to be in front of the guy), but behind each other's backs, all hell is breaking loose. we're very catty people.

same thing goes with your boyfriend's ex-girlfriends. you can never be friends with them. ever. girls generally automatically hate the ex, even if she's no longer a threat and/or the nicest person in the world. probably, ESPECIALLY if she's the nicest person in the world....because then it's like she's rubbing it in. (i have no idea if i'm making sense right now, ha).

edward must be very strong-willed.
Sam and Shel <3 --Twinnies Randomness Regular. Addicted to the Brothers <3