Twilight Guys

jlbower79
Tantalizing Men With Rosalie

Re: Twilight Guys

Post by jlbower79 »

lightbulb wrote:Hey scpk! I'd like to cordially invite you to our XY forum if you haven't already been there. You seem like a pretty cool Twiguy, and we'd love to hear from you.

Oh, and someone mentioned The Host. I just ordered it from Barnes and Noble, so when I get it and finish reading it, I'll update back here. I'm new to this thread, mostly because the first thread I joined into was the XY forum and I've been focusing on that, but this thread looks pretty good, too. I'm just a little intimidated by the massive amounts of posts in the other threads, so when I get more time, I may go back and see what there is to see (it shouldn't take long, because for some reason, I can't get enough of these books. It's ridiculous).

i can't wait to see what you thought of the host... unless it's bad.... um... then i can wait.

jaime
is CRYING over her "Doesn't anyone ♥ ME?" button.
OFFICIAL ROBNAPPER *DRIVER*
Lunna-san
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Post by Lunna-san »

Onin wrote:Yeah, its a bit bothersome catching the flak we do at times... One of my best friends slapped me because he found out I read the whole series... But it was totally worth it, hehe. I'll never be able to convince most of my friends to read the series, but I've got my words and stories weeding my way into their heads.
Did I translate this right and your friend hit you or this is some kind of street language that I don't know? :shock: Jeez, was that really necessary? Because, it's not like you got into some sort of gang or whatever... it's just a book.

Twilight may be a romance, but it has a certain amount of sensuality in all the books. And also of action. I wonder, if this was a forum about the Vampire Chronicles, from Anne Rice, this would be a problem for the boys as well. :?

Anyway, you certainly was brave enough to stick with you what you like and not caring about your friends opinions. I awe you for that. :D
The Architect
I'm A Proud Twilight Guy

Post by The Architect »

LoL
Mate I hope you slapped him back :D

Welcome to the board mates! well the new guys at least :P

Sorry I was gone, I lost my password, and the getting a new one confuddled me, so i was afk for a while :P
What If I'm The Bad Guy?
gamb1t
I'm A Proud Twilight Guy

Post by gamb1t »

Lunna-san wrote:
Did I translate this right and your friend hit you or this is some kind of street language that I don't know? :shock: Jeez, was that really necessary? Because, it's not like you got into some sort of gang or whatever... it's just a book.

Twilight may be a romance, but it has a certain amount of sensuality in all the books. And also of action. I wonder, if this was a forum about the Vampire Chronicles, from Anne Rice, this would be a problem for the boys as well. :?

Anyway, you certainly was brave enough to stick with you what you like and not caring about your friends opinions. I awe you for that. :D
To clear things up for you a tad on what I think most guys think, my roommate is the typical guy. He won't watch anything that is fantasy based because he says they aren't made for guys. For instance, he won't watch underworld (Kate Beckinsale in leather, and he says other guys are gay for watching it um huh....). And, he doesn't read anything. He says that guys aren't made to read either lol. He would say that Ann Rice's books are for women....most definitely. I just think MOST guys form stereotypes more concrete than women, and they are unwilling to break these down because they feel it will make them less of a man.
ImageImageImageImage
Onin
I'm A Proud Twilight Guy

Post by Onin »

Today, on the bus to the academic competition practice it was summed up best "we don't have feelings, and we're not supposed to except for the people who READ those kind of books...."
I'd love to have some feedback on my poems and rants. Check the blog on http://www.myspace.com/akaitachi if you have the time! I want some advice and critique, don't worry about offending me.
lightbulb
I'm A Proud Twilight Guy

Post by lightbulb »

I got tired of all those stereotypes restricting what I did (which really bugged me since I have a very open mind by nature), so I gave up on them and did anything I felt like without thinking of how others would react. Since then, I've been having a lot more enjoyment in life. I already hang out with a lot of theater and choir people (I'm a musician and sound engineer, so I'm in all the different crowds), so it wasn't hard to find people to relate to in that sense. I finally get to enjoy classical music, theaters and operas, and books that I haven't gotten to read.

So that guy who slapped you in the face can just go right ahead living in his tiny, ignorant little hole. I bet it's cozy.

My friends give me crap too, but that's because they're mostly rockers who think they have to uphold their reputations. I'm secure enough to try anything I feel like, including these books. More times than not, I end up finding something new and wonderful that I couldn't have otherwise.

So there. :)
DarkMuse
Acquiring a Taste for Mountain Lion
Location: In 'The Corner' of Rob's Halfway House mumbling about cookies and unicorns.

Post by DarkMuse »

lightbulb wrote:I got tired of all those stereotypes restricting what I did (which really bugged me since I have a very open mind by nature), so I gave up on them and did anything I felt like without thinking of how others would react. Since then, I've been having a lot more enjoyment in life. I already hang out with a lot of theater and choir people (I'm a musician and sound engineer, so I'm in all the different crowds), so it wasn't hard to find people to relate to in that sense. I finally get to enjoy classical music, theaters and operas, and books that I haven't gotten to read.

So that guy who slapped you in the face can just go right ahead living in his tiny, ignorant little hole. I bet it's cozy.

My friends give me crap too, but that's because they're mostly rockers who think they have to uphold their reputations. I'm secure enough to try anything I feel like, including these books. More times than not, I end up finding something new and wonderful that I couldn't have otherwise.

So there. :)
I'm so glad there is someone out there like you. If we could just drop all the stereotypes, everything would be much better. I love people with an open mind. Narrow minded people get on my nerve. Yes I said nerve. I only have one left. :lol:

And I'm glad that there seem to be so many guys out there willing to read the Twilight saga. *claps for the Twi Guys* Woohoo. It's always great to have a guy's perspective on it. It makes me see things in a whole new light sometimes.
Rob's Halfway House Resident » Cullenist » HHBS Member » Monkey Junkie
╰☆╮ Nikki is the TomStu to my Rob ╰☆╮
Onin
I'm A Proud Twilight Guy

Post by Onin »

Nice way to put it. And no, I wouldn't hit him back for something so trivial, he was one of my good friends, and he knows I don't get hurt by bludgeoning pain. My body is weird.... I'm not much one to consider what others think too much. There are some fittings that bother me in stereotyping, but it will take a lot to offend. I honestly didn't think there was anything in Twilight to interest me... little did I know, haha.
I'd love to have some feedback on my poems and rants. Check the blog on http://www.myspace.com/akaitachi if you have the time! I want some advice and critique, don't worry about offending me.
Lunna-san
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Post by Lunna-san »

gamb1t wrote:
Lunna-san wrote:

To clear things up for you a tad on what I think most guys think, my roommate is the typical guy. He won't watch anything that is fantasy based because he says they aren't made for guys. For instance, he won't watch underworld (Kate Beckinsale in leather, and he says other guys are gay for watching it um huh....). And, he doesn't read anything. He says that guys aren't made to read either lol. He would say that Ann Rice's books are for women....most definitely. I just think MOST guys form stereotypes more concrete than women, and they are unwilling to break these down because they feel it will make them less of a man.
Thanks for explaining this. :) It's kind of sad, actually. I'm sorry Onin was slapped by his friend and you have to explain yourself to your "Over Manly" of roomate. :roll:
Constantine
I'm A Proud Twilight Guy

Post by Constantine »

AgentCross wrote: Guess I'm odd, because I immediately identified with Edward not Jacob.
Identified with both, with Edward i shared certain qualities like observant, understanding
and putting others before myself. I am very timid and analyse a persons mannerism, body
language and attitude which makes me very judgemental on a persons character /attitude.
Though i don't tell them the impression i got, I'm a nice guy.

Jacob on the other hand, I relate to his emotions. That pain he suffers, most of us guys
have experienced it too. Makes me want invite him over and drink our sorrows away!
ahaha
i know you will heal, but i never wanna see you hurt.
~my fan art