Twilight Fanfiction Discussion Thread

SweetKay
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Re: Twilight Fanfiction Discussion Thread

Post by SweetKay »

*** Elemental Discussion ***

Christy - Did you notice that Elemental updated yesterday? Bella and Edward still have a long road to travel with each other. Still not much trust established for either one of them. I believe that Bella has the longest way to go. Especially considering that she did not know about imprinting. I can not understand why Charlie and Renee did not bother to mention imprinting to her. No wonder she is a bit put out with them. Something is up with Renee, she is so emotional and very much not copeing well with life right now.

End of Elemental Discussion

Caryn - Loved the cupcake holder!! Bella needs one of those for Tattward's cupcakes.

MissP - I hope that you are starting to feel better. Congrats on getting caught up with CW&IA. My goodness what a ride that you had all at once! That was alot of emotional stuff to handle at one reading.

Off to find some more fanfics to read. It is a COLD and SNOWY day here in Colorado. After being up early and having to be out in the cold and snow this morning, I am glad to relax, stay warm and read this afternoon and evening.
SweetKay
ImageImage
TEAM EDWARD ~~ EX-FACTOR ADDICT ~~ WA ADDICT ~~ TEAM ALICE
navarre
Finding Stuff in Billy's Trunk

Post by navarre »

SweetKay wrote:*** Elemental Discussion ***

Christy - Did you notice that Elemental updated yesterday? Bella and Edward still have a long road to travel with each other. Still not much trust established for either one of them. I believe that Bella has the longest way to go. Especially considering that she did not know about imprinting. I can not understand why Charlie and Renee did not bother to mention imprinting to her. No wonder she is a bit put out with them. Something is up with Renee, she is so emotional and very much not copeing well with life right now.

End of Elemental Discussion
Yes I did, bb,thanks!

You are right, they have a very long road to travel. First, is to get used to the emotions that they feel in each other. Their reactions to each other send them both(Bella more so) into overload. And they certainly have a lot of growing up to do. Bella's hot-headedness is going to have to be reined in a bit. She reacts too quickly without thinking and of course both of them are going to have to communicate better than just assuming what the other means.
Now is the time for the cards to be laid on the table. No more beating around the bush.
I believe that Edward is trying and I noticed that Bella was starting to make an effort - both exhausted from being angry.

What I liked is how he asked her to sleep with him without the sexual intimacy. He just needed to feel her. To be with her.I know it has to do with his personal power inside her, but I still thought that was kind of sweet. He wasn't going to push her - the perfect gentleman.

As far as Renee' & Charlie, they better lay everything out on the table and clear this crazy crap up.
Renee'....there is some serious dark poop in her background. I think part of it might be her past relationship with Carlisle and then I think something happened that caused them to flee Forks years before. I know the council members were shocked that she would volunteer to train Bella in her Fire talents. They were not exactly happy about that.
Plus, Renee' better step up the training and stop being so cryptic and vague in her teachings. It's like she doesn't want Bella to learn anything. I wish Rose or Becky Crowley were training her. Renee' is seriously getting on my nerves right now. :x

Anyway, great chapter!!

Oh, and don't forget, we can start to look forward to an update from The Fall Out real soon!! Yay!!
Paranormal/Romance/Adventure Addict
oleander
Ignoring Renee's E-Mails

Post by oleander »

I need your help, if you have a few minutes to spare.

I'm doing research for an article about TwiFic and as you all probably know, there is very little established data about TwiFic out there. I thought that the best place to start looking for info would be to ask the people themselves, and that I would appeal to my fanfic friends for some help.

I've put together a short survey with a few questions and was wondering if perhaps you guys would pop on over and answer some questions. If you have other friends who are into fanfic, would you pass along the link? The more people I can get to answer the questions, the better the data will be.

You can find the survey here: http://www.surveymonkey.com/s.aspx?sm=c ... 0ZNw_3d_3d

Thanks so much for your help, and please, spread the word. :)
Amanda Beth
Has Caught Sight of Edward

Post by Amanda Beth »

Done, oleander!

And if anyone in the US is bored on a Saturday like me, Panic Room is on Oxygen and Kristen is SO young and SO cute!!
missp
Teaching Nessie all she needs to know
Location: Missing my HH SISTERS but loving all the great memories from HH CON 2012!

Post by missp »

Oleander~~Survey has been posted! I hope you can make sense out of my sporadic answers and use them somehow! :)
It's time to take some pain meds and visit la la land for a while! I didn't get much done on Perfect Forever today because I am on a chapter where lots of "decorations and attire" must be included and I am slow as Christmas at that kind of descriptive writing...It's also going to be a very pivotal chapter to the rest of the story, so I am OCDing over getting it just right. At least I have the next two days to continue recuperating during Fall Break. I can finish the chapter by then...I hope. :?
See ya'll tomorrow!
BTW...WHEN DOES CW&IA USUALLY UPDATE? :P
ringswraith
Running with Leah 'cause she thinks I'm hawt

Post by ringswraith »

oleander: Took the survey. :)

Jazz Girl: I hope you saw the link I posted after your little cupcake story...

I really have to get this fic of mine done- I'm going nuts seeing references. To add to my Margherita pizza from last week, I saw a cosmetics line named Giovanni, spotted a box of hair color that would match my imaginings of Margherita's hair, and had an Italian song stuck in my head all afternoon.

/searches for inspiration
Dovrebanen
Red-Eyed Vampire

Post by Dovrebanen »

Oleander~ I took the survey :) Hope what I wrote makes some sense.

Missp~ I have no idea when it usually updates. I need this thread to keep track of updates.

rings~ I hope you find the inspiration you need soon. And I hope your story is doing well on Twilighted!
Rob's Halfway House ~ Team Edward ~ Cullenist ~
pharmer4
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by pharmer4 »

did anyone read Angstgodess' new one-shot?

It's one of the first fanfictions in which I've not liked Carlisle and Esme, because I believe they're inaction and poor parenting lead directly to how Jasper turned out. He wouldn't be as repulsive a character in that fan fic if they'd stepped in earlier.
30 year old tattooed metal-loving male Twilight Fan. Breaking the Stereotype.

If you don't understand the science of Twilight, or just like to scoff at it, read my explanations here
navarre
Finding Stuff in Billy's Trunk

Post by navarre »

oleander ~ took your survey. It's a real good one, btw. :)

Missp ~ CW&IA ususally updates weekly on a Wednesday or Thursday depending on RL.
Paranormal/Romance/Adventure Addict
Jazz Girl
Making beautiful music with Edward as only I can

Post by Jazz Girl »

Oleander~ Completed the survey. Hope my ramblings make sense. You know where to find me if you need clarification. :D
pharmer4 wrote:did anyone read Angstgodess' new one-shot?

It's one of the first fanfictions in which I've not liked Carlisle and Esme, because I believe they're inaction and poor parenting lead directly to how Jasper turned out. He wouldn't be as repulsive a character in that fan fic if they'd stepped in earlier.
Pharmer4~ Yes, I did read Great Vexations . I was completely drawn into it. I agree completely about Esme & Carlisle and their lack of effort or guidance for Jasper. But, it wasn't Jasper who I found repulsive in the story. It was Edward. GV was the first and only fanfic so far where in which I hate Edward Cullen with a fiery passion. He was callous and hard and cold and cruel to Jasper. There were so so many other ways he could have handled the situation, especially when he truly recognized Jasper's feelings for what they were. But, he didn't. He became the sterotypical dumb high school jock boy, bullying someone who others would see as an outsider. And, then to turn around and use his affections, his love, that way. I've never wanted to strangle anyone that bad in my life. Jasper was lost and confused and turned to the one person who had always been his comfort. Just because the nature of that comfort had changed doesn't mean he needed it any less, or that Edward was any less capable of giving it. He just needed to clarify things with Jasper first. But, no. In stead he turns his back on his brother and best friend, mocks him and humiliates him so he can fit in with the crowd.
B@$t@rd.
“Directing 7 Cullens at once=herding cats" :ROTFLMAO:
C-Dubs is TwitterRoyalty
Turning Page is Gospel~Ashley=MiniMe~HHBS