Adult Thread--Rob's Halfway House 5

Edwards Wheels
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Re: Adult Thread--Rob's Halfway House 5

Post by Edwards Wheels »

Jaclyn, the person at work uses 'clooty' to describe something or someone dirty. Haha and anorak does mean nerd. When i did (you guys might get why i can see the paps side of things after i admit this next bit) my media production course we all had our favoured media. Some liked printed, some liked radio, i personally liked being the camera operator whether it was a film camera or an slr stills camera. We had one guy who loved his radio and sound work so much we called him 'radio anorak' meaning he was extremely nerdy about it. :oops:
yes for a long time i wanted to be either a photographer or camera woman, if my eyesight had been good enough. I never wanted to be a paps but i understand how much that one photo could reach, and how it could make a name for them to get more jobs etc.
I'll get my coat now shall i? :lol:

[ Post made via Mobile Device ]
Susie
Frozen in Time

Post by Susie »

Hi all - Just found this when I went to read Kristen's apology -

You have GOT to watch this!!!

EDIT -

And then these WFE set pics on Robsessed (there are a lot more):

Another Great Walk!!!

What a smile!

I'll be back later!
Last edited by Susie on Fri Jun 04, 2010 7:05 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Jadey
Resisting Temptation With Carlisle

Post by Jadey »

A definition of rape/raped: despoiled: having been robbed and destroyed by force and violence; "the raped countryside"
As most of you should know by now, words have multiple meanings.
Kristen has been robbed of having a personal life and personal space. She obviously felt uncomfortable and she is perfectly within her right to say (in any way) how she feels.
She didn't ask for it.. to be a 'celebrity'.. She owes us nothing. Just because shes a 'celebrity' it means she has to have a filter? She has to be PC? She has to agree with anything and everything? She has to be perfect? No. It doesn't. She has the right to say what she wants, when she wants.
Like this person said on Twitter:

"No girl should ever be told she's wrong for feeling violated in any way no matter what choice of words she chooses to express that feeling."

It's okay for the paparazzi and the media to verbally, mentally and physically harass her, but it's not okay for her to describe a disgusting experience by using the word 'raped'? What kind of world is this? Bloody hell.

Because of this, Kristen might hold back on saying what she feels. We won't get the real Kristen. We'll get a person controlled and moulded by the media.. by us
The reason a lot of people love her is because she's herself. She not some artificial product America has come up with.

Not to mention, the people that are angry/insulted by this are no better. They are harassing her. Some of the things they are saying are ridiculous. You are no better than the paparazzi and media.

You arent in her shoes. You haven't been in her shoes. You don't know what its like out there. What she has to go through. Whats been taken (raped) from her. Having some sweaty, sleazy guys glare at her, yell sexist things, stalk her.. the list is endless.

"Its offensive"
There are many people/things/words out there that are offensive to anyone for anything. There are far worse things out there than someone using the word 'raped' to explain something.
The oil spill, hunting, whaling, destruction of rainforests, global warming, obesity epidemic, developing countries, wars, racism, murders, poverty, natural disasters - floods/earthquakes/tsunamis/hurricanes/bush fires, sickness..
18 year olds (and younger?) can get a gun licence.. which is basically saying "here, you're old enough to go kill something/someone. 15 year olds are allowed a drivers licence in NZ.. "K, you can put your life, and others lives in danger.. here you go".....
....and you're whining about a woman (within her right) choosing to use a word that she feels is okay to describe her situation.
Get. A. Life.
Leave the poor girl alone. She has so much crap to put up with and you're making it worse by looking and sounding like a fool.

Im embarrassed to be apart of this fandom.. and this generation.

Last edited by Jadey on Fri Jun 04, 2010 7:20 pm, edited 2 times in total.
^ by ForJazz
"Theres a lot of like, feminist issues with the book. Like, 'Oh, she's so devoted to him' and well yeah, she's in love with him"
- Kristen Stewart
missp
Teaching Nessie all she needs to know
Location: Missing my HH SISTERS but loving all the great memories from HH CON 2012!

Post by missp »

Ahhh...nothing like a trip to the beach to de-stress from a year of 5th graders, parents, and co-workers! I feel like a new woman! :)
I've spent awhile catching up on the HH thread, and here are a few (no way to hit them all!) comments:

WFE~~OMG! Can't wait for this one. Rob looks so hot in these period duds!
KSTEW's recent comments~~ LEAVE THE GIRL ALONE, ALREADY! She is well within her rights to feel and say whatever the crap she wants to. As a rape survivor myself, I am not offended in the least by her choice of words. SEMANTICS people. They are called MUTLIPLE-MEANING WORDS in our fifth grade curriculum.
ECLIPSE SOUNDTRACK~~ Can't wait until the 8th so I can go get mine!

Well, there is a LOT more that I could comment on, but I have other threads to visit. Ya'll have a great Friday night! See ya'll sometime tomorrow!
diane771
Red-Eyed Vampire

Post by diane771 »

My favorite New Rob pic
http://neverthinkningcom.ning.com/video/rules-dont-stop-me
http://neverthinkningcom.ning.com/video/i-dont-care0001
♥midnight_sun♥
Riding in the Rabbit

Post by ♥midnight_sun♥ »

*applauds Jade while helping her hop down from the soap box and climbs on for my turn at this*

I've been reading through the KStew posts for the last few pages and have been thinking for a couple hours of how to say this on here since we are monitored and therefore must make sure we stay PG-13 here, but I think I've finally got it.

From dictionary.com:
  • rape: noun, verb,raped, rap·ing.
    -noun
    4. an act of plunder, violent seizure, or abuse; despoliation; violation: the rape of the countryside.

In my opinion, Kristen had every right to say that she is raped by the paps, and that she feels like she's looking at someone being raped when she sees the pictures. Why? Because the paparrazzi and the fans that don't know when to back off or take no for an answer are being intrusive into her personal life. And that, in my opinion is a violation of something that a lot of people take for granted. Not only are they being intrusive, but there are a few videos out there that show just what these people are saying and yelling at her to try and get a big reaction from her. Which is a form of abuse that most people don't really think much about because abuse usually means physical. But, abuse can also be emotional as well as verbal. Which is exactly what these people are doing. Verbally and emotionally abusing Kristen. Now, I'm not saying that she is the only one who goes through this, many celebrities go through this at their peak, which has been getting worse over the years. And even though Kristen has been "in the business" since she was very young, her parents work behind-the-scenes, so they don't get in the limelight too much if any at all. Plus, Kristen was always playing small roles, and even when she was in the bigger roles such as "Sarah Altman" in Panic Room and "Lucy Hardwicke" in In the Land of Women she didn't get much of a taste of what she deals with now because they were just movies. What I mean by that is, they weren't big phenomenons or anything even remotely close. They weren't the big Blockbuster hits that everyone talks about and has seen such as Lord of the Rings, Pirates of the Caribbean, or Shrek. She had no idea what it was like until Twilight hit it big just how much these "photographers" are willing to do to get the pictures they want - most of which are completely pointless because its just her and maybe some friends or family walking down the street or eating at a restaurant, doing normal every day things. And yes, there are most likely better ways to handle it than to tell every person who's got a twenty times zoom lens to go **** themselves, but you must also remember she is only twenty years old. She will handle things differently than someone who's say forty. So, yes, I believe Kristen was correct when she said that comment about rape.

*climbs off the soap box and goes to get a drink of water and something to help calm down*
Fan Fiction Addict•The Halfway House and Brute Squad Member•Banner/Signature OCD
Team Edward•JazzGirl's Official MiniMe•Cullenist•Keeper of the Names•Hatter Obsessed
dazzel21
Red-Eyed Vampire

Post by dazzel21 »

Good morning ladies!!!
It's a very wet and gloomy Saturday here, raining non-stop...So no work for me today so I'm just at home doing my laundry while eating sandwich and drinking juice for breakfast while lexing...

Bree Tanner Release - Arggghhh I'm so jealous for all of you ladies who will be getting your copy today...Mine's due tomorrow and I just figure out that our parish will be having the festivity of our patron saint (I'm Catholic) so there's family gathering, some food, then church. I am so dead, I need to figure out a VERY good excuse as to why I need to step out for a couple of hours tomorrow... :(

Susie - I love your fanfic...You're right they are getting quite long but more delicious. Are you making this thing out while typing or did you have an idea before you start typing??? And I love the Rob pix with books...

Marielle - Have fun hanging out in the sun. I slept around 3am :lol: just when I can't fight sleep any longer. I need to check out our local music store and see when the soundtrack will be available here...Ohhhh I like Metric too and Vampire Weekend and Florence + the Machine :lol: :lol:
edwards wheels wrote:chavs , i think the best way to describe them is 'everything you hate about teenagers with enough money to buy the most naff clothes, accessories and have the worst personality/attitude.
So we actually have a Filipino slang equivalent to this that I thought I might share, "CONYO" (it's actually a Spanish word which means...okay I think I'm not allowed to post the actual "v" word so the "private part of a woman down south") :lol: . But it means the same thing, usually rich or in some case social climber college student who mix in English and Filipino when they talk to you. It's annoying...

I hope it stops raining, my sister in law and I are going to Saturday Bazaar Market, its my niece 1st birthday next week (that was fast...they grow up so fast) and the party is themed 'princess party' so we gotta go look for stuff needed and we need to find the perfect princess dress then probably lunch at Chinatown....whooop I love Chinese food...

Oooopppsss that my washer going off...
See you later ladies...
"Because each and every one of us needs our own personal brand of heroine."
~Team Edward Forever~
Edwards Ragazza
Officially Bitten!

Post by Edwards Ragazza »

Hi girls I saw this on I think Ann Maire's face book and it kinda gave me an idea. Everyone post a picture of their Twilight obsession. For example it may be your bedroom or a certain part of your home where all of your Twilight merchandise is. I don't have a room if I was younger I would but I do have a TWi-shelf in my living room that I will post. It has everything that I have except my soundtracks which are in my car. Let me know if you guys want to do this.

Raine~ I hope you get your Bree book tomorrow.
Banner by TammyAZ
diane771
Red-Eyed Vampire

Post by diane771 »

New Jen still cutting slack even .....

I do not apologize for anything that I posted about Kristen Stewart starting on May 31st till now. I have every right and said that I most likely would not be popular with my POV, But I said it and I stick by it even though harsh words are hurling my way. Unreasonalbe comparisons are being asked of me, but I do stand by my point. I would think that everyone here would listen to an opinion that isn't theirs, but has some value and at least give that credit instead of dismissing it all. Wow are we totally gone Twilight Bonkers here ?
I am the last person ANYONE HERE should think will reign in free speach or thoughts, NT is my answer but with respect for both sides
http://neverthinkningcom.ning.com/video/rules-dont-stop-me
http://neverthinkningcom.ning.com/video/i-dont-care0001
SwanCullen
Touched By Cold Hands

Post by SwanCullen »

Older_Twilight_Fan-yes, the cooler spring was just a tease for us!

Raine-Hope you didn't get in trouble for being late to work!

Marielle-Oh my word! That girl has got to be nuts! I LOVE Twilight, but I don't know about a tat for it!

Anne-Marie-I didn't have a Rob dream but a Bret Micheals one.I dreamnt we went to mcdonalds and ordered 39 double cheesburgers and 10 fries. yeah, I have weird dreams a lot too! Hope you get the job you want hun!

Sandy-Sounds like you had a good time at the games! And thanks for posting the links to those wallpapers!

Jacklyn-That sounds sweet getting engaged in your hotel :)

caryn-Girl you got me cracking up! If the wait for WFE is killing you, wait till we get Breaking Dawn set pics! I think we all will be dying to get those! Thanks for the link to the teaser!

Susie-I did a little dance in my head when I saw I started page 100 :lol: I think i am offically a dork! Sounds like you had fun at that party for the students! Loved your fics! :D

Bored By The Sea- Sorry, for some reason you name is drawing a blank in my mind! Anyways, the soundtrack is that good? I only listened to a couple songs. I'll give a good listen in a couple months if I get it.

Edwards Ragazza-You have a PM chick

trine-I about died when I saw your post! I have been wondering about you girl! Good to hear from you! Just don't go too crazy and try and get some rest in there chick!

jadey and Midnightsun_I share the same view chicks!

Diane-You got a pm sweetie

I want to say this about Kristen. I TOTALLY and 100% support what she said! As a Rape victim myself, I found NOTHING wrong with what she said at all. When I heard what she said, I though "Go Kristen!" and I was very much in agreement with her. She has EVERY right to say what she wants about what she wants I still respect her when she issued her apology. People tend to forget though SHE IS ONLY 20 YEARS OLD!!! You don't always think and say the best things at that age. I didn't. I don't think I still do and I am 26 and have a child who will be 4 next month. People need to relax some! But, if you though kristen was crazy for saying what she did, you have the right as well. So Diane hun, even though I dissagree with you, I respect the fact that you said it. You have as much right as ANYONE else to say what you want.
:grin: Proud HalfwayHouse Sister :grin:
Seasons Of Love-A Rosalie/ Emmett story