Rob's Halfway House -- #7

marielle
Cliff Diving with Embry

Re: Rob's Halfway House -- #7

Post by marielle »

Good morning Ladies!!!!!

It’s Friday!!!!!! Yay last day of the week…
Yesterday I got my Harry Potter film wizardry book…and I bought the Empire… I was looking for the EW but they only had one with WFE in it…the Empire had a page on WFE and a piece about BD and the new pirates and Sherlock Holmes…I haven’t read any of it yet, we got home late last night…

Caryn, yeah, sorry I didn’t want you to get a heart attack, but Rob could wear anything and I wouldn’t mind, but I wouldn’t mind that he’s wearing nothing either…must be the smut, it has done crazy things to my brain…
I’m happy to see that some people paid proper attention and noticed Rob looked very very very handsome…

Lulu, yes I loved that Aro/Renesmee manip a lot it’s looked really cute…but we all know how eerie it really is…
Hihi, really you put Edward in that context…for me it’s the other way around, the more time I spend here the more I’m starting to see Edward as Rob, not the other way around…

Dawn, I thought some of the pics Shauni posted were manipulated as well…and I wasn’t the only one, on E! was a whole piece on how real these pictures were…apparently the pictures have been tempered with….ridiculous because Kris looks beautiful enough, I don’t get why people would want to change anything…

Susie, I was reading the posts on the tram to work and I saw that you was still up…are you free today? Well I hope you are sleeping well…
Hihi, we were just 16 maybe 15 when we went to that club…in Holland you have to be 16 but the bouncers let any girl with curves in…
Yeah, I thought that new girl looked a lot like McKenzie… they match really well and it gives me great hope…still I’m very curious to see what the promo-shoot created…

JennJenn, that’s the weirdest craziest wonderful dream…sounds like you have some thinking to do when you woke up.

Penny, I can’t believe those bad awards are real…it makes me want to laugh at peoples faces telling them that they don’t know what they are talking about.

Have a nice day...maybe till later :wave:
These violent delights, have violent endings...Like fire and gunpowder, they consume what they kiss

Respect Team Robsten, Proud addict of the halfway house
Edwards Wheels
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by Edwards Wheels »

Hello ladies, been a bit mad in my world again :lol:
Buddy's been playing up quite a bit so I've spending ad much time as possible correcting it ( so far so good). I've also been helping the admin on here improve the mobile version of the lex so it's not so difficult to post. And I've been back in the kitchen at work so I've been slightly pooped…I forgot how much running around and being stood up for long periods I used to do, no wonder I piled on the weight, which leads nicely onto the cross training that I've been attempting and jeez! That's hard work.
Buddy turns 4 this week so he's mega excited, and I need to do some last minute shopping for that, it's not easy saving the money for it just after Christmas but also just before pay day but I've had some good fortune in the way of an extra tax credits payment after they'd realised I'd been under paid yeeha!
So I'm gonna settle buddy down to his lunch (fingers crossed he'll eat it like a good boy) so I can do some secret stuff upstairs, like wrapping up presents).
I haven't had a proper catch up on posts so I'll try to do that after the secret squirrel stuff, and after the windscreen man has been to correct the hash up made when they replaced my windscreen a couple of months ago ( a huge stone smashed my windscreen, eventually they replaced it but it's leaking now whenever it rains so my car smells damp, the drivers seat is damp and so is the upholstery on the ceiling of the car) so hopefully they'll re seal it!
Have a fab day ladies x

[ Post made via Mobile Device ]
openfire
Touched By Cold Hands

Post by openfire »

Happy Friday everyone!!

Just a quick drop in....

missp - Glad RBell is enjoying his new job, but sorry he will have to work this weekend. I hope the sleet doesn't turn into anything much so that you won't snowed in again!

JennJenn - Your dream sounded awesome!! A pretty much perfect dream I'd say (apart from the waking up part.. lol). I hope you are feeling a bit better now!

Ginnie - Your day sounds lovely with LilRob :) I'm glad you manage to pop in and read our posts.

Penny - Thanks again for keeping us up to date with all the polls! I'll try and remember to vote when I get home from work.

Marielle - Glad you got your HP book. I saw it in the shops here last week or so and thought it looked really interesting. I think I must have missed the Aro/Renesmee manip..any chance you could post it again?

Mel - Hey there. Sorry to hear about Buddy, but I hope things are going better now? What age is he again? Ah, just read that he is 4 this week. I hope he has a great birthday when it happens!
That's great you're helping out on the Lex to make it easier to post from your mobile. My mobile sometimes doesn't let me log in unless I'm connected to my home wireless LOL. But it works fine from my bf's phone.. weird!
Sorry about your windscreen - hope it gets sorted ok for ya!

Ok then, I'm off. Catch you all later!
Banner by the super talented TammyAZ!
Jazz Girl
Making beautiful music with Edward as only I can

Post by Jazz Girl »

Good mornings, ladies!! It's a beautiful, sparkly, sunny winter Friday here in the midwest. We got about 5 inches of snow when all was said and done and now, because of the snowpack and wind, it's hovering right around 0 outside. The boys were on a 2-hour delay this morning, so I decided to work from home to make sure I could take them to the bus stop with it being so cold. Well, their off properly now and I finished my conference call for work (is it bad that I was Lexing while on the conference call ;) ) so here I am. As I technically only have to work until noon, I'm thinking a cup of coffee and a nice bit of fanfic. Sounds like an ideal afternoon.

Jaclyn~ You’ve never seen Blues Brothers? GAH!! That is a classic film from the early 80’s staring the late John Belushi and Dan Akroyd. It’s just hysterical, some of the greatest lines in moviedom. “We’re on a mission from God.” Oh yes, that still of Georges… THUD! I’d heard about the Keira casting but it seems that that has now been rescinded. Damn!

Lulu~ 8!! Good lords! She’s a better woman than I. I can barely handle my 2 some days. Your moment of perfection was indeed that. Although, I have to say, the part that made me giggle most was that your son is in a Jeep walker. Hubs is a total Jeep devotee and he actually lamented not having wee’uns when all the Jeep accessories started coming out.

IloveTwilight509~ I actually think Kristen looked much younger in her photoshoot, almost back to her look from Speak. Funny how we see the same shots so differently.

Susie~ Zero? Balmy! :lol: Oh yes, I totally agree. That’s the young Georges, before he’d started his spiral into being a blackheart. Yesterday wasn't another snow day, persay. The boys got to school on time, but were sent home early due to the continued snow. So, I left work early to get home for them. Today, I’m working from home as we are only open a few hours on Fridays and we were on another 2-hour delay.

Tonise~ At least we here are used to the snow and the snow days. You all must be beyond over it by now! Glad to hear RBell is enjoying work. Sometimes, you have to do what you have to do to pay the bills. But, it’s always better when you at least enjoy it.

JennJenn~ A private screening with Rob followed by cavorting in the snow!! Ooooh, yes please!! Gotta love those munchkins. They interrupt the best things!

Ginnie~ :wave: back. Sounds like a lovely afternoon of togetherness with LilRob. Sometimes I miss those days with the monkeys.

Penny~ It so irritates me that people think that it’s a good thing to tear down things and people that make others happy. Isn’t there enough hate and misery in the world? Grrrrr!

Marielle~ A very common sense choice on Empire vs EW. Do let us know how you enjoy the wizardry book. I’ve loved Tracy’s comments about it and I’m likely going to pick it up. But, a second opinion is never a bad thing.

Mel~ Glad to hear you were helping 24601 out. He PMd me, as well and I told him to check the HH for some of the sisters who post. Sounds like Buddy is stoked for the birthday. I hope you get the windscreen fixed properly. That’s got to be just horrid to get into a leaky car.

Just because I absolutely love the little smile on his face...

Well, it's inching closer to noon and I do have a thing or three to get done before I get to read.

Laters!
“Directing 7 Cullens at once=herding cats" :ROTFLMAO:
C-Dubs is TwitterRoyalty
Turning Page is Gospel~Ashley=MiniMe~HHBS
Jazz Girl
Making beautiful music with Edward as only I can

Post by Jazz Girl »

Do forgive the double post. But, I just can't have such a big post happen anywhere other than my second home here in the HalfwayHouse. You see, I was told very early on in my Lex days that I'd never get to 100. So, 4100.. kind of makes me giddy.

4100, I think, deserves something special, and something special it shall have.

Summit has graced us with yet another little gift... the title treatment for Breaking Dawn Nothing earth-shattering, that's for sure. But, it's pretty. And, it's progress. :D

And, just because there's no way I could reach 4100 posts without our Rob, I think I should post... this. It is, afterall, the image that started it all.
“Directing 7 Cullens at once=herding cats" :ROTFLMAO:
C-Dubs is TwitterRoyalty
Turning Page is Gospel~Ashley=MiniMe~HHBS
VirginiaMay
Has Caught Sight of Edward

Post by VirginiaMay »

Jazz Girl wrote:Do forgive the double post. But, I just can't have such a big post happen anywhere other than my second home here in the HalfwayHouse. You see, I was told very early on in my Lex days that I'd never get to 100. So, 4100.. kind of makes me giddy.

4100, I think, deserves something special, and something special it shall have.

Summit has graced us with yet another little gift... the title treatment for Breaking Dawn Nothing earth-shattering, that's for sure. But, it's pretty. And, it's progress. :D

And, just because there's no way I could reach 4100 posts without our Rob, I think I should post... this. It is, afterall, the image that started it all.
WOW!! Congrats Caryn on 4100 posts!!
:hello: My hat's off to you!

Oh and to you, Mel, and 24601 of course, I'm glad to hear there is a mobile addition of the Lex, thanks for trying to improve it. I just ordered a Smartphone yesterday and it should be here today! Woo hoo! :clap:

PS- Mel, our sons are very close in age. LilRob just turned 4 last week!!
openfire
Touched By Cold Hands

Post by openfire »

Evening folks,

Very quiet here today! I hope you are all enjoying your Fridays. I watched the movie The Cake Eaters with Kristen tonight. I thought it was pretty good - Desiree mentioned it a few weeks ago. I thought Kristen played her character extremely well, and I thought it was a nice wee independent movie, but I guess I thought the ending would be...more? It seemed to stop fairly abruptly :lol: But still pretty good (aw man, all these new smilies and we don't have a "thumbs up" one just when I need one :lol: )

BD poster - *explodes* I saw this on Ann Marie's facebook earlier and wowza! I know it's not much, but it defo made me kinda stop..and stare...and maybe hold my breath a teeny bit by being super excited!! Speaking of BD, I'm still listening to the audiobook, and I just LOVE when Bella wakes up from her transformation. I hope they manage to convey all her thoughts and emotions and wonders to the screen. And that she can think clearly and has control right from the get go. I just love it!! SM = some kind of awesome storyteller!! :D

Caryn - An afternoon filled with coffee and fanfic?? Sounds pretty good to me!! :D Will you get more snow this weekend?
Erm...nope never seen the Blues Brothers :oops: :lol:
Congrats on 4100 posts!! Who said you would never get to 100? Why would they think that; you are, like, the best person I've "met" at talking about all things Twilight!! :D Loved all the pics btw!

Ginnie - Yay for ordering a smartphone!! I just got my first one a month or two ago, and I love being able to check basically anything from anywhere! What kind did you get?

Tomorrow my bf, his sister, BabyE and YoungB are travelling down south to visit his other sister. We're just going down in the morning, and then coming home at night. I hope that it will be fun, but not really looking forward to travelling for hours with a 1 and 7 year old :lol: I just know they are gonna need the bathroom just after we've passed a service station and the next one isn't for 30 miles LOL.

So I won't be on here tomorrow - enjoy your Saturday everyone!
Banner by the super talented TammyAZ!
Susie
Frozen in Time

Post by Susie »

Hi All! Happy Friday and the weeked!

I’m a bit distracted right now because I’m at circus in the parent waiting area watching Sonny Boy fly around the arena on the silks with his partner out of the corner of my eye at the same time as some adorable little boys are playing floor hockey around my feet!

Daughter Dear is leaving for Mexico tomorrow, so I spent my 2 hours between my pronunciation class and picking up Sonny Boy at school with her. We had lunch at our favorite Cuban restaurant. I’m really excited for her – that’s my survival attitude – I am going to vicariously study abroad through her. She’ll be taking 3 social work classes in English (Social Work in a Latin American Context) and 1 high level Spanish class. She’ll be in Cuernavaca – the capital of the the state of Morelos (40 miles south of Mexico City) which is a lovely tourist city with the best weather in all of Mexico – 75 degrees all the year! Not too shabby, eh? She will be living in an academic setting, but will have one one-week rural family stay and one one-week urban family stay. She’ll be coming home on May 17.

Jaclyn- I’m glad to hear you got some things done around the house. I too hate the way the inside of the windshield freezes up! It’s so hard to scrape because of the curvature. I’ll have to explain what I meant by my comment. Of course we’re not alike on the surface, there’s something deep down – when you trusted that I would come meet you in London and reimburse you for the non-refundable hotel room and train ticket, I thought – you know, I would do that too!!! Many people would be more wary. I’ll try to think of my examples for your chapter. I love Keira Knightly but right now can’t imagine a chemistry between the two of them. She’s a little to tall and skinny. But I’m sure Rob’s acting could pull it off. Oh! I bought EW earlier this week, but I haven’t had time to get to the post office to mail it to you. It is just the center two pages – that pic we've seen with a couple of paragraphs and that is all. There’s a lot of Jack Sparrow in the issue, though!! Next post – your trip tomorrow – will you all be in one car? How far is it? What town? Have fun! See you on Sunday.

MissP – I’ll bet you’re tired!! I actually don’t blame you for hating winter – it’s worse there because you don’t have the equipment (snow plows, sand trucks, etc) to deal with it all. I’m glad RBell likes his job – I really hope it works out for him.

JennJenn – I absolutely love your dream. You really do have the most creative dreams!

Ginnie
– That does sound like a perfect evening! I can just picture the little guy – he’s so earnest! Congrats on finishing your latest chapter. Now it’s on to the next one!

Penny
– Thanks for letting us know about the Virgin Media awards – Crappiest couple???? You have GOT to be kidding me!! :banghead: I agree – Stupid Twi-haters!!

Marielle – I don’t think I was up that late – I think I forgot to log off. I’ll bet you’ll be spending the weekend reading your Wizardry book. Other than that, what are your plans?

Mel
– Let me get the BritSpeak straight: playing up = acting up; windscreen = windshield; hash up = mess up (or the F word up which I would never say); secret squirrel stuff = ????? HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO BUDDY! You have been a very busy lady indeed. Very nice to see you back! Now that you’ve helped to improve mobile posting, I’m sure we’ll see a lot more of you around here!

Caryn
– CONGRATS ON THE 4100 POSTS!! Whoever doubted that you could make even 100, didn’t know you very well! Love the BD Title shot!! Back to your other post - That screen shot!!! That’s one of my favorites!!! I’m swooning right now…. I’m glad you have the option to work from home for these bad weather days. Get this – the Minneapolis Public Schools official announcement for today – “ It is bitterly cold with a wind chill advisory, but school will not be canceled. Bundle up at the bus stop and if you can’t get to school because of the weather, it will be an excused absence.” I didn’t tell Sonny Boy about the “excused absence” part. It didn’t matter anyway because today was the last day of the semester and he had 3 finals!! He’s so glad to be done. Only one semester left. I’m a strict homework mom – just because he’s already been accepted to his college doesn’t mean he can slough off – he’s been offered a merit scholarship and I’m sure the college would like him to keep that 3.5 to qualify. I’m so glad you only had a half day of work today – lucky for me!!

See you tomorrow - I think I should probably pay attention to my family tonight!!!
lulu
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by lulu »

i'm back and i survived last night! ;)

dawn—ooo, you met them too! thanks for sharing your stories! i bet your daughter was going crazy. :)

jaclyn—haha, you are soo funny!
procrastinating (I have no idea if thats how you spell that but I'm too lazy to actually look it up, even though it would have been quicker than typing this sentence LOL!!).
...and i wasn’t exactly over looking the gardens. more like dead brown grass and frost-bitten plants, but it was a very pretty sky! well these 8 kids are all 10 and younger! totally insane! 2 girls, then 2 boys, then 3 girls, then this baby boy. three of them are redheads and the rest are blondies. the youngest woke up twice, the second to youngest once, and my own baby twice which equaled not very much sleep for me, but it was worth it. it’s actually really amusing and fun to see how they all work and play around each other. i feel like i’m on a farm in 1940 or something. :) they actually are very well trained and fun to watch—just not for extended periods of time! :lol: btw, your pic of rob made me laugh!

susie—your zero degrees makes me want to ship you a tangelo from my tree out back. 8-) PM me your address, i'm serious--you know, to let you know there is life elsewhere on the planet. :) -and yes, 11am and the bathrobe were part of the luxury and perfection. i decided to get up and going very slowly that day. i’m an ok aunt. i have 33 neices and nephews on hubs and my side combined (all 10 and under from 9 couples) so we don’t get asked much for babysitting and such. everyone realizes it could get WAY out of hand! -and no, we all just get one family to buy for (on his side and mine) which rotates every year. i would love to visit you on your hottest day of the year, and if i can bring my wool coat we'll be great!! on to your other post: i love all these scenic descriptions! i saw the video of your boy doing the silks in the air and it was incredible. i can totally picture it! wow, i bet your daughter is going to love her next few months. she’ll be an amazing spanish speaker too after all of that! can’t complain about that weather. also, your son’s end of semester was today? is it always like that or did it move because of some cancelled school days or something? our end-of-semester is always (ALWAYS) before christmas. no excuses in this weather-dependable state.

tonise—oh no! another snowstorm?! i would hate being there right now. i’m sorry.

jennjenn—wow, you are quite the dreamer!!

ginnie—aw, i loved picturing your perfect moment with lilrob at the park on the swings. i double loved your update on WDH!! send it to me again please, please, please, pleaaaase!! :beg:

marielle—oh wow, that’s interesting that you’re seeing edward as rob! that would be the weirdest thing to play an epic character that sticks to you. i didn’t even realize i made the switch. kind of spooky almost...

mel—i hope your car gets fixed fast. that sounds miserable. tell us how buddy’s birthday goes!

caryn—your afternoon of a hot drink and fanfic sounds lovely. i’ve been really really wanting to read fanfic the last few days. the block has been especially good for me right now though. i have two deadlines, pronto, which is why i want to read. i’m such a procrastinator it’s ridiculous! so my plan? finish the work and have hubs lift the block for a day as my reward. :D i think it’s marvelous! a reward system! switching gears: haha, it’s definitely a cute little walker. we got our jogging stroller second hand from a friend and it is also ‘jeep’! hopefully this doesn’t subconsciously make him devoted and wanting a real jeep someday. if it does, it’ll be on his own dime! :) congrats on 4100 posts!! :clap:

well, i'm off and it's a busy weekend with lots of events so i'll probably not be back until monday night. i hope you all find some wonderful just-for-you-time this weekend!
SwanCullen
Touched By Cold Hands

Post by SwanCullen »

Tracy-I had 1 layover in Phoenix. So the flight from here to AZ was a little over 4 hours. That one she slept on all but like 15-20 minutes of it. The return flight from AZ to here she slept only like 30 minutes, that one was inetresting trying to keep her entertained. Bless you for posting that P.Fach/RPatzz pic again!

Marielle-Thanks for posting the outtake pictures and the BD news!

Jacklyn-Her toe seems to be doing better. When I give her the anti-biotics for the infection, she thinks it taste good, so at least she doesn't fight me on it! yeah, feeling better now. Oh how do I wish that dream were true! What's this about a poster? I would check FB, but my computer is being all kinds of weird and I can't check my email OR FB!

Caryn-I know, he does look young! I feel like a craddle robber :lol: (and he's only 2 years younger than me lol) I think I, along with most of you, would jump at the chance for a private screening! Sounds like a VERY cold day for you all! Hope your staing nice and warm! Thanks for the info on the title for BD 1! I am grinning like a fool because even though it's like 10 months away still, it's that much closer!

Lulu-Yep, definitly read WFE. You'll really enjoy the book. Yep, I have had some VERY weird Twilight related dreams :lol:

Susie-I am bad about keeping my room clean. It's bad enough on me, PLUS sharing a room with a 4 year old? Most days I don't even bother to pick up her mess :lol: I hope your daughter enjoys her time in Mexico! And don't worry TOO much (well, being a mom, I know I would too!)

Missp-I guess we got the same storm as well. It snowed like, I think 5 inches. The roads are fine, just the yards and such have a buttload of snow. The poor school kids are going to have so much added onto the end of the year! YEY for RBELL! Hopes things continue to get better for you all :)

Ginnie-Sounds like you had a awesome day with your little man. It's those types of moments that can melt your heart as a parent.

Penny-Thanks for the info about the awards! I laugh at the bad ones because, heck, they crack me up and it's just a matter of opinons! although, if I had my pick for crappiest couple (on screen wise that is) I'd go for Kristen/Taylor. I just don't get it.

Edwards Wheels-Good to see you on here! Hope things go okay with your son. That' sucks about your car!

My daughter is cracking me up. I make her say "May I please....." before she ask for anything. Well, she now adds on to it "Yes You May" before I can even say yes or no. It's cute sometimes. She even watched Eclipse with me yesterday (she asked, which is odd. She saw the movie on my Twilight shelf on my entertainment ceneter) The real proposal scene she turned to me and said "Mommy, Edward and Bella are in love and they're married." I said, "Not yet baby. They will be soon. Edward just asked her to marry him." She then goes, "But Mommy! They kissed and that means they are married! You can't kiss if your not married!" That had me :lol: Oh how there is a part of me that wishes she would always think like that!

:wave: to anybody that I missed!
:grin: Proud HalfwayHouse Sister :grin:
Seasons Of Love-A Rosalie/ Emmett story