Twilight Saga: The Official Illustrated Guide Discussion Forum

Moderators: December, Bronze Haired Girl, una

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
bac
Mesmerized by her own Dr. Cullen

Family Trees: Lineage revealed

Post by bac »

Discuss information on family trees/family lineage revealed in The Twilight Saga: The Official Illustrated Guide here.
by Laniyeah on photobucket
Jeakat
Wandering Through Town

Re: Family Trees: Lineage revealed

Post by Jeakat »

I absolutely loved the family trees. I'm a big fan of the wolves, though I'm Team Edward, and I've been dying for this kind of information since completing the books. The only things I would've liked to have seen we're exactly how Emily and Leah are related-- I know they're second cousins, but it would've been nice to know that exact relatives involved-- and Jared, Brady and Paul's direct family. I wasn't expecting any information on the seven new wolves in Breaking Dawn, but it would've been nice.

That being said, I still absolutely loved the family trees (especially their design) and getting plenty of my questions answered.

I guessed Embry's father wouldn't be revealed, but I've been sad enough to pour over every detail and make a list of all his potential relatives. I was sure nothing new come to light, but I've actually found some really interesting stuff, including a potential father who is just as likely as Billy, Quil and Joshua. All in all, including grandparents and great-grandparents, there's twenty-one people who Embry could be related to, all rated in order of most likely based on what we already know and wolf gene lines etc. If anyone's interested, I'd be more than happy to share the results!
I wasn’t born a compassionless shrew. I used to be sort of nice, you know - Leah Clearwater, Breaking Dawn, p.316
TMusings
Settled in Forks

Post by TMusings »

There are family trees in the guide?! I haven't bought mine yet but I enjoying the comments so far! :clap:
Which family trees are pictured?
More than eighty years had passed since Carlisle had found Esme, and yet he still looked at her with with the incredulous eyes of first love. It would always be that way for them.- Edward.
Jeakat
Wandering Through Town

Post by Jeakat »

Yeah, there's four pages. The Ateara, Black, Clearwater and Uley families are all covered. They actually contained a lot more detail than I was expecting, including where the wolf gene was passed down and from what family. Honestly, I'd say it was my favourite part of the whole guide!
I wasn’t born a compassionless shrew. I used to be sort of nice, you know - Leah Clearwater, Breaking Dawn, p.316
TMusings
Settled in Forks

Post by TMusings »

Wow four pages?! That is great! The part of the wolf gene is going to be very interesting to read, can't wait to get this book.
More than eighty years had passed since Carlisle had found Esme, and yet he still looked at her with with the incredulous eyes of first love. It would always be that way for them.- Edward.
BellaMia
Settled in Forks

Post by BellaMia »

I was reading the Ateara family tree and noticed Quil Ateara III (Old Quil) is married to Molly Swan. Any idea if she is supposed to related to Charlie Swan? I don't remember reading anything about it. But how many people with the last name Swan could possibly live in the Forks/La Push area and not be related? Could Charlie be a relative by marriage making Bella a distant cousin to Quil?
Jeakat
Wandering Through Town

Post by Jeakat »

BellaMia wrote:I was reading the Ateara family tree and noticed Quil Ateara III (Old Quil) is married to Molly Swan. Any idea if she is supposed to related to Charlie Swan? I don't remember reading anything about it. But how many people with the last name Swan could possibly live in the Forks/La Push area and not be related? Could Charlie be a relative by marriage making Bella a distant cousin to Quil?
There's a mention of Molly, I think it's in Old Quil's bio, where it says she was a distant relative of Charlie. I thought that was pretty cool, though I'd have liked to have known exactly how she was related to Charlie!
BellaMia
Settled in Forks

Post by BellaMia »

It would have been a interesting storyline at the very least to mention how Charlie may be tied to the Quileutes besides being a friend of Harry and Billy. Wondering if Charlie is part Quileute and that is why Jacob imprinted on Renesmee. That would explain a lot because it seems like the wolves only imprint on other tribal members to keep the wolf gene. Emily, Claire and Kim are all Quileute. Renesmee was the only one that didn't quite fit the mold.
Jeakat
Wandering Through Town

Post by Jeakat »

BellaMia wrote:It would have been a interesting storyline at the very least to mention how Charlie may be tied to the Quileutes besides being a friend of Harry and Billy. Wondering if Charlie is part Quileute and that is why Jacob imprinted on Renesmee. That would explain a lot because it seems like the wolves only imprint on other tribal members to keep the wolf gene. Emily, Claire and Kim are all Quileute. Renesmee was the only one that didn't quite fit the mold.
True. There are two theories in the book and I'm not sure I agree with either. The other theory is that imprinting occurs to produce stronger wolves. If that is the case then Nessie would certainly make stronger wolves than just about anyone else. Then again, I struggle to accept that genes play any part in it. All the imprinted couples are ridiculously happy, so they're obviously compatible on a personal level.The wolf is always going to be happy, as is the nature of imprinting, but the imprint doesn't directly effect the imprintee in the same way it does the wolf, so the females can only be happy with their wolf because they genuinely have a connection to him that isn't based on imprint magic. (Wow, how many times can I put the word imprint in a sentence?!) So I struggle to accept that the best person genetically would also be the best personally too. I could be completely wrong though!
BellaMia
Settled in Forks

Post by BellaMia »

Jeakat wrote:
BellaMia wrote:It would have been a interesting storyline at the very least to mention how Charlie may be tied to the Quileutes besides being a friend of Harry and Billy. Wondering if Charlie is part Quileute and that is why Jacob imprinted on Renesmee. That would explain a lot because it seems like the wolves only imprint on other tribal members to keep the wolf gene. Emily, Claire and Kim are all Quileute. Renesmee was the only one that didn't quite fit the mold.
True. There are two theories in the book and I'm not sure I agree with either. The other theory is that imprinting occurs to produce stronger wolves. If that is the case then Nessie would certainly make stronger wolves than just about anyone else. Then again, I struggle to accept that genes play any part in it. All the imprinted couples are ridiculously happy, so they're obviously compatible on a personal level.The wolf is always going to be happy, as is the nature of imprinting, but the imprint doesn't directly effect the imprintee in the same way it does the wolf, so the females can only be happy with their wolf because they genuinely have a connection to him that isn't based on imprint magic. (Wow, how many times can I put the word imprint in a sentence?!) So I struggle to accept that the best person genetically would also be the best personally too. I could be completely wrong though!
I read that but I still wonder about the genes because the family trees made a point of listing who carries the wolf gene. You would think it would be better if both members of each couple carried the gene. Survival of the species. But on the happiness front, Kim liked Jared before he ever noticed her. It was love at first sight for Sam and Emily and the book said Quil would be perfect for Claire because he'd be whatever she needed (brother, friend, lover). Why wouldn't they end up together? But still it seems unusual if the females didn't have to carry the wolf gene, why didn't Sam, Quil or Jared imprint on someone who wasn't Quileute. Emily and Claire didn't live in LaPush. They were just visiting and they still were imprinted on. Why them? Why not someone from Forks or Port Washington? The odds are too high for there not to be a reason behind it. Doesn't seem like coincidence that they are all Quileute. Plus Jacob has a double dose of wolf gene. He wouldn't need someone strong like Nessie. The wolves are all bigger than those of Ephraim Black's time and there are more of them than ever. But I think there's a trend here.