Forum rules
Character Discussion Forum

Click for Forum Rules
holdingoutforjacob
Part of Carlisle's Clan

Re: Rosalie Hale

Post by holdingoutforjacob »

^^ i know. i was making a point.

malaz, however, is right. the topic should be left off the thread for... various reasons. however, if you still want to discuss it, please feel free to PM me, and we can talk about it however you want, emotionally or by the various facts that can get ignored on threads.

on to a different topic, what do you think rosalie's BEST qualities are. i'm sure it will surprise some of you, but i think that she must have an extremely strong loyal streak. i really like that.

death cannot stop true love, it can only delay it for a while...
Destani
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by Destani »

I think her best quality is honesty. It's something I've always valued a lot in a person. Whatever bad qualities Rosalie may have, she's always been pretty honest in the books. I appreciated her telling Bella why she voted no to her becoming vampire in New Moon and then later explaining her story in Eclipse.
Images courtesy of: http://robbuz.deviantart.com/
holdingoutforjacob
Part of Carlisle's Clan

yeah i like that too.

i've been thinking about it. and i suppose that i can see how much really really really wanting a baby could hurt you, and i can understand why rosalie did what she did, why she cared more for the baby. i still think it was appalling that she had the thought that maybe she'd get the baby if bella died, but something in me tells me that she wasn't doing it so bella would die and she'd get the baby.

what i can't excuse or ignore is her rudeness and mean-spiritedness.

Destani

Post by Destani »

I agree that she was rude to everyone but I think it was because she knew that they all hated the baby and would prefer to kill it. She was taking the offensive to protect the baby. That doesn't necessarily make her rudeness acceptable but at least it gives her a reason for her actions.

I'm in a similar situation to Rosalie, wanting a baby and not sure if I can have one, so I understand placing a higher priority on the baby's life than on Bella's. I still wouldn't disregard Bella's life, but if she was willing to sacrifice herself for a baby, I would help her as well. I do think Rose was in it for the baby, as Edward said, but I took that to mean that she wanted the experience of watching a baby grow and learn which is something she would have whether Bella lived or died. I think she just wanted a baby around, whether it was hers or not.
Images courtesy of: http://robbuz.deviantart.com/
holdingoutforjacob
Part of Carlisle's Clan

oh if i couldn't have kids i sure as hell would jump at the opportunity to be an aunt or anything close to it.

personally, i don't think that was the reason for her nastiness. i think she felt guilty, and so she lashed out at everyone. she knew that carlisle wouldn't do anything without bella's permission, and she was still rude to him. she knew edward wouldn't do anything without bella's permission, AND she knew how much pain they were causing him, and she was SO AWFUL to him. and her attitude toward jacob, totally unprovoked, was disgusting.

cascsiany

Post by cascsiany »

I don't think Rosalie was just after the baby. She says that any such babies before had killed their mothers but if you think about it, they didn't have all the medical care/knowledge that the Cullens have. Carlisle knows about human health and he has a rare insight into Vampires. Obviously Bella couldn't go to a regular doctor because of the baby, but she kinda has the best doctor there is in Carlisle. I think Rosalie sees that Renesme and Bella have the best chance at survival of anyone that had a half-vampire/half-human child before.

Rose really has a lot to deal with because of her past and just because Edward can see everything she's thinking doesn't mean that there may be hidden motivations behind them. Edward isn't with Rosalie all the time so there's things that possibly Edward doesn't know. The extra that SM wrote on from Rose's POV in NM really kinda show's that Rose isn't as shallow as Edward maybe thinks of her.
EDC, Inc... Crane Trainee
Team Rosalie ~ Every Rose has its Thorn
"We can find some other way to pick a fight with this Demetri."~ Emmett, NM p. 534
Morgan University
Locard's Theory
holdingoutforjacob
Part of Carlisle's Clan

well i don't think rosalie thought it through that far. i don't think bella dying ever really crossed her mind, except in terms of her or the baby.

awesomejen1
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by awesomejen1 »

I think Rose's best qualities are her honesty, self control, and loyalty. She says it how she sees it, and some people think it is rude, but at least it is honest. Her self control is evident by the way she has refused to kill anyone, except her murderers, and even then, she was very in control of herself. And she is very loyal to the Cullens, and really just wants the family to be in a good place, which is why Bella is an issue in the beginning. Alice was seeing 2 things possibly happen, and in the event of Edward killing Bella, the family would have been in a mess, and Rose just wanted everyone in the family to be happy.

And someday, I hope SM will give a for sure yes/no answer to how Rose was really feeling toward the baby...crosses fingers, cause the Q&A's she gives are AWESOME!
http://www.fanfiction.net/~awesomejen
Cool graphic stuff from MRK! Thanks!
Gi.Kodaly
Learning to Love Green

Post by Gi.Kodaly »

I'm very much like Rose in the honesty thing, and I know that being too honest can hurt people a lot. And, like Rosalie again, I'm rude to people sometimes and it's just the way I am, of course I'm working on it but sometimes it just comes naturally. I think that this happens with Rose as well.

Does anyone know Rosalie's birthday? I have a feeling that she's a Gemini. LOL
Team Rosalie!
Change Your Mind
Bliss
annabelle
Learning to Love Green

Post by annabelle »

Destani wrote:I agree that she was rude to everyone but I think it was because she knew that they all hated the baby and would prefer to kill it. She was taking the offensive to protect the baby. That doesn't necessarily make her rudeness acceptable but at least it gives her a reason for her actions.
But I hate how SM wrote her like a baby obsessed freak. Yeah, I know she wanted a baby and wanted to protect it, but she was written like she'd let Bella die as long as the baby was all right. I think she cared for Bella and the baby, but the way she was written seemed like she wasn't. :/
Rosalie’s been through a lot: losing her heartbeat, losing her faith in mankind, losing herself... but then she met Emmett and fell for him—the boy who gave her back her life.
fanfic: Blame The Beauty