Gutter Gals & Guys -- Rainbow Popsicles. The Discussion.

Goodnight Elizabeth
Lusting for Blood

Re: Gutter Gals & Guys -- Rainbow Popsicles. The Discussion.

Post by Goodnight Elizabeth »

QOTD: I also would love to meet my fellow DGG's, and most especially my SuperTwin. Actually, there are 4 or 5 people who make it very high on my list of people I want to meet. You know who you are.

I would also love to travel.
I want to experience motherhood.
I want to see my name with the letters "PhD" after it.
I want to write my life story - and have someone pay to read it. :?
I want recognition for hard work.
I want to fly in a plane.
I want to speak a foreign language well enough to be understood.

Funny story: On my way home a few minutes ago, I watched as a school bus dropped off a little boy. When I reached the little boy's road, I noticed he was standing funny and all his belongings were scattered around him. As I pulled up parallel with him, I realized he standing there peeing. He was standing in the same direction as I was driving. He was proud. I nearly wrecked my jeep from laughing so hard. That is something I definitely do not see all the time.
Squee! Thank you, Nena!
LadyDi
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by LadyDi »

QOTD: Bucket List? Most of my things I have no control over. Kids grown and happy. I guess I could die now and be content (well, not really - I'm terrified of death and the kids are too young). True story: for the longest time, I was horribly worried that I could die before Breaking Dawn comes out and I would never know how Edward and Bella's story "ended". I confessed this crazy thought to my good friend and fellow Twilight fanatic, and she felt the same way!
I'm still keeping quiet at work, although my students are driving me Twilight-crazy. We were doing this drama game in geography where they had to pretend to be an item in a specific room of a house and without telling me what they were, persuade me not to throw them away or put them in a garage sale. One of my students was all excited (but slipped in her persuasion part when she said "I'm from Twilight") - because she was a fork. Yes, a fork from Forks. In a different class, we were playing a drama game called "The Greatest Hunter" in which they have to finish this sentence and then act it out: 'I am the greatest hunter - do you believe me? I *am* the greatest hunter; I can catch X using a ..." and one of the girls said she could catch Edward with her blood. I had to remind her afterward that Edward has amazing self-control, so regular blood wouldn't catch him at all. :D

P.S. My notification seems to be working now, thank the Cullens!
This banner is designed by the one-of-a-kind talent known on the Lex as Fry. Thanks!
Destani
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by Destani »

QOTD: Name one thing on your Bucket List.
Hmmm, well I have several and I've talked about a few of them under different questions so I'll go with something new. I want to finish writing a book. I write in my spare time and have dreams of being published but I can never seem to make it further than Chapter 2 in any book I write. I've written tons of short stories, plays, poems, etc but with novels I just hit a wall. So I hope to someday get passed that and finish at least one book.
Images courtesy of: http://robbuz.deviantart.com/
nissanmama
Officially Bitten!

Post by nissanmama »

It's nearly tomorrow here, meaning Wednesday so I'm going to go ahead and post for tomorrow and then sleep in! (Kids are out for the long weekend and so is T-pa!)

QOTD: What is your favorite office/school supply? Without a doubt, I have a thing for Post It Flags. I love to read with them and mark different parts of the books I read with different colors. When I show up to book club, everyone bets on whether or not I liked the book based on the number of flags I have hanging out. I love office supply catalogs. There's just so much potential there that feeds my fantasy of being organized with my paper clutter. I don't think I ever will be until I'm an empty nester. To many school papers and notices.

Today's PSD, offered by GNE, is one of many suggestions for Thorment
Read to fight
Eyes for Wellsie

And not to leave the guys out, here's Wellsie. Most of the pics I couldn't post of her, if ya know what I mean. If you care guys, do a search on Angelica Bridges.
oleander
Ignoring Renee's E-Mails

Post by oleander »

Nice choice for Tohr, Nima! (It's also nice that I now know who you're referring to!!:D)

QOTD: If Bella is Edward's own brand of heroin, then office supplies would be mine. I'm an office manager (pretty much) and I am in control of office supplies for my office, the ordering and whatnot, and let me tell you that the day everything arrives it's like Christmas for me. I love the smell of paper, the feel of a new pen, the crinkle of the post-it wrappers that are nearly impossible to peel off, the sound of canned air being used for the first time...sigh...

My favourite day of the year is not Christmas, Thanksgiving or even my birthday. It's the day that Covey's (the local office supply store) has their tradeshow that only people with what i lovingly refer to as a "golden ticket" can get in to. They give us a bag and there are representatives from all the wonderful big name office supply companies who give out free samples. And not just crappy free samples, we're talking top-of-the-line pens, high quality paper, awesome Avery label kits, notepads...aaaahhhhh...it's a great day.

My favourite office supply item is, hands down, a good pen. A good pen is hard to find, and i'm a little OCD when it comes to handwriting things.

Sorry, i went off a little there. As you can tell, office supplies excite me.

Sigh. I need a man. This is sad. ;)
cullengirl
Cataloging the Cullen Library

Post by cullengirl »

That's a pretty nice, Tohr, N'mama.

I love office supplies! I don't think I have a favorite item per se. I do agree with oleander that finding a good pen is hard to come by. This reminds me of two episodes of Gilmore Girls. In the first one, Loreali makes fun of Rory when they go to the stationary store right before she starts Chilton. Rory has a specific list of items and the quantity she wants. In another episode, Richard Gilmore is starting his own insurance company. Loreali helps him out by going shopping at an office supply store. He's stunned about the variety of supplies and the bulk quantity. :lol: I miss that show!
“Darkness will never take me…because I have you. Light of my life, Marissa. That’s what you are.”-LR
Banner by the awesome, beautiful and incredible Nena!
VampLover
Learning to Love Green

Post by VampLover »

QOTD I too am an office manager and how I love the day my order comes in!! I think though my favorite is the Avery Tabs, don't know why, but I love 'em. And I'm with oleander, there is nothing like a good pen, one that fits your fingers and doesn't hurt after writing forever.
As long as I was on my way to Hell - I might as well enjoy the journey.
Bewitched

Post by Bewitched »

Great pics of Thor Nima! So glad your back, I've missed the hip dents. I went' to see the movie yesterday for the 3rd time and everytime I saw James (Cam) all I could think of was his hip dents.

Loved the austen/Twilight story Una. And whats this I hear about a Twilight gutter get together? Can anyone come? Me maybe? *looks up hopefully* I want to meet my mentors.

QOTD:
Bucket List:
I have a lot but finishing my book, I too write in my spare time, reading my books list which always gets added to so maybe I'll just live forever. heh heh. Live somewhere up north near the mountains. See Italy and Alaska. I guess I really just don't want to get to the end and be thinking that there was so much that I didn't do.

Fav office supply: Well I love highlighters. The ones that have a click top. I also love the RSVP pens. I can wander around Office Depot/Max/Staples for at least an hour.
una
Secret Spy for the Warden
Location: Sequestered in an alternate reality full of paranormal studs who find me irresitable!

Post by una »

Bewitched, if we can pull one off, you'll know! I think for a lot of us, on our bucket list is meeting each other.

QOTD: I love new office supplies. Since we are a small firm, I wear a lot of hats: architect, project manager, office manager, receptionist, etc. My favorite office supplies are those that get me organized (I'm SO OCD/Type 'A'). You know, binders, tabbed section dividers, card catalogs, post-its, etc.

Side note: Thanks for the well wishes, I have a respiratory infection. The antibiotics are awesome, I feel SO much better today. Of course, the cough syrup they gave me, whew! It just kicked in and I have never felt this mellow in my life! Good thing it kicked in after I drove to work, now I know what they mean by "do not operate machinery or drive a car or drink alcoholic beverages..." WOW! :shock: 8-)
I am the Impulsive VampVixen.
Thanks to SprtyGal and Fry for the AWESOME banner!
Bewitched

Post by Bewitched »

Una, I didn't know you were sick. I've been trying to catch up but I think I'm reading too fast. I guess you did say you took some medicine after your wine. Glad to hear your feeling better.

i think we should meet in Omaha. It's centrally located and well, I confess it's within driving distance of me. :lol: Seriously, I'm not picky, just let me know where and when. I'm even willing to carpool if anyone needs a ride. Sorry, I dont' fly.