Moderators: December, Bronze Haired Girl, una

Forum rules
Character Discussion Forum

Click for Forum Rules
Lioness Rampant
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Re: Rosalie Hale

Post by Lioness Rampant »

velvet_voice wrote:I don't think Rosalie is in love with Edward. She is just used to be the most beautiful woman to everyone in the world so when Edward fall in love with Bella, for him Bella is the most beautiful... and Rosalie can't exept this. She is jealous of Bella being more beautiful to Edward than she is to him, she isn't jelous because she loves him.
agreed!

read pg 165 Eclipse, its really fascinating.
Rose is in love with Emmett...
ColormeBSG
edwardislove
Wandering Through Town

Post by edwardislove »

I liked her alot throughtout the series with her biting attitude. 8-)
But in BD I felt she was being a little selfish, using Bella to get to the baby. :|
I loved it in BD when she said "You. Got. Food. In. My. Hair." :lol: I laughed SO hard!
E♥B

"Does she even like Italian?" (Rosalie)
"Her name's Bella. I'm sure she'll love it." (Emmett)
Amethyst1
Completely Dazzled!

Post by Amethyst1 »

Lioness Rampant wrote:
velvet_voice wrote:I don't think Rosalie is in love with Edward. She is just used to be the most beautiful woman to everyone in the world so when Edward fall in love with Bella, for him Bella is the most beautiful... and Rosalie can't exept this. She is jealous of Bella being more beautiful to Edward than she is to him, she isn't jelous because she loves him.
agreed!

read pg 165 Eclipse, its really fascinating.
Rose is in love with Emmett...
I agree as well. I don't think Rose is in love with Edward. She was only jealous because Edward found Bella, a human...that, completely ordinary and simple, more appealing than her. She thought since Edward never looked at her twice before that no beauty in the world could reach him because she was the most beautiful, but then Bella comes in and she captures his heart completely.

So it's not so much, as to why, "why isn't Edward inlove with me?", it has to do more with her beauty being in comparison to Bella's, and not being prefered over Bella's.

what do you mean Lioness? of coarse she's loves Emmett. i am not quite following you...?
holdingoutforjacob
Part of Carlisle's Clan

Post by holdingoutforjacob »

i think, malaz, she means it's rather odd that rosalie is worried about who edward is in love with when she's supposed to be in love with emmett. and is.

so something interesting came up on the edward thread and i thought i'd bring it here.

disclaimer: please PLEASE do not feel that i am being too negative about rosalie's character, or "one sided" in any way. it was just something interesting that i realized, i've put no good/bad judgment on it.

ok so rosalie has killed only for revenge correct? and she wants her humanity back more than anything yes? but when bella endangers their lifestyle in Twilight, she advocates killing her. To me, this implies that Rosalie sees humans as disposable. I find that odd, seeing as how Rosalie wants, more than anything, to be human. Thoughts?

death cannot stop true love, it can only delay it for a while...
Amethyst1
Completely Dazzled!

Post by Amethyst1 »

oh, if that's what she thinks. but again, i don't think it mattered who edward fell inlove with, just her beauty being compared to someone who isn't as pretty as her.

Well, she killed for revenge. and she was justified in that. i agree
Well Jasper wanted to kill Bella to protect Alice...i know i know, it's not the same thing. but i am just saying.

I am not completely sure what you are asking exactly. Are you asking, that her wanting to be human so bad, that that desire or human instincts or whatever are diminished when she advocates killing Bella?
holdingoutforjacob
Part of Carlisle's Clan

Post by holdingoutforjacob »

well it's different with Jasper because we all know he's killed before, and he's not as "on board" as all the other Cullens. but rosalie later brags to bella about having a cleaner record than edward.

i am not entirely sure what i am asking either. i just find it interesting i suppose.

death cannot stop true love, it can only delay it for a while...
velvet_voice
Learning to Love Green

Post by velvet_voice »

holdingoutforjacob wrote:i think, malaz, she means it's rather odd that rosalie is worried about who edward is in love with when she's supposed to be in love with emmett. and is.

so something interesting came up on the edward thread and i thought i'd bring it here.

disclaimer: please PLEASE do not feel that i am being too negative about rosalie's character, or "one sided" in any way. it was just something interesting that i realized, i've put no good/bad judgment on it.

ok so rosalie has killed only for revenge correct? and she wants her humanity back more than anything yes? but when bella endangers their lifestyle in Twilight, she advocates killing her. To me, this implies that Rosalie sees humans as disposable. I find that odd, seeing as how Rosalie wants, more than anything, to be human. Thoughts?
I think all this is another prove for how selfish she really is. She wanted Bella to be killed because Bella not only endangered her family's lifestyle but she endangered to change her life. Rosalie feared Bella will become the reason for them to move again and she loved it in Forks... becuase she was able to be outside all day. So again she worries about how it would affect her... That's what I don't like about her. She thinks everything is centered around her and she is the most important. Why doesn't she accept that Bella is the reason for Edward's happiness and just for once put other's feelings before her own?
"Alice!" Jasper's voice whipped, and then he was right behind her, his hands curling over hers.
She turned her face away from me, into his chest.

E<3B
Amethyst1
Completely Dazzled!

Post by Amethyst1 »

velvet_voice wrote:
I think all this is another prove for how selfish she really is. She wanted Bella to be killed because Bella not only endangered her family's lifestyle but she endangered to change her life. Rosalie feared Bella will become the reason for them to move again and she loved it in Forks... becuase she was able to be outside all day. So again she worries about how it would affect her... That's what I don't like about her. She thinks everything is centered around her and she is the most important. Why doesn't she accept that Bella is the reason for Edward's happiness and just for once put other's feelings before her own?
Did you notice she wanted to kill Bella, before she had any idea that Edward was inlove with her? When Edward and Bella went public...she calmed down and so did Jasper. And it wasn't just about herself, she was thinking of everyone else too. She and Jasper were afraid that Bella would expose them, therefore posing a threat, therefore wanting to kill her, therefore Edward said no, and mostly, do you know what stopped Rosalie and Jasper, Alice's vision, they both accepted that Bella would either die or become one of them someday....
Amethyst1
Completely Dazzled!

Post by Amethyst1 »

holdingoutforjacob wrote:well it's different with Jasper because we all know he's killed before, and he's not as "on board" as all the other Cullens. but rosalie later brags to bella about having a cleaner record than edward.

i am not entirely sure what i am asking either. i just find it interesting i suppose.
not really. killing is killing. Of coarse, Jasper's reason were different but still.

I am not sure Rosalie is "on board" as the other cullens. I think the reason she doesn't kill is to be more human and to please Carlisle. I am not sure, she said it in a bragging sort of way, well it's true at any rate, so i suppose it doesn't matter much...
velvet_voice
Learning to Love Green

Post by velvet_voice »

malaz wrote:
velvet_voice wrote:
Did you notice she wanted to kill Bella, before she had any idea that Edward was inlove with her? When Edward and Bella went public...she calmed down and so did Jasper. And it wasn't just about herself, she was thinking of everyone else too. She and Jasper were afraid that Bella would expose them, therefore posing a threat, therefore wanting to kill her, therefore Edward said no, and mostly, do you know what stopped Rosalie and Jasper, Alice's vision, they both accepted that Bella would either die or become one of them someday....
Yes, I know all this. It's just the way I see Rosalie. Yes, she did care for her family's safety too, but a big part of her was concerned about how Bella and Edward's relationship would affect her. She wanted to kill her when Edward started paying attention to her... and yes she did calm down a little, but she didn't stop being mean and always rude to Edward, she just didn't want to kill her anymore.
I find it really hard to define Rosalie as selfish or anything else because I feel I see her that way because of the way SM portraits her. It's difficult to understand a character when we haven't seen his/hers point of view. We see Bella and Edward's so it's easier to say what are their qualities and flaws... but when it comes out to Rosalie, it's very complicated. She is really strong and she manages to hide her real thoughts from Edward (which I find admirable... it must be really hard). She slips rarely and that makes it more difficult to know what are her real intentions behind her actions.
"Alice!" Jasper's voice whipped, and then he was right behind her, his hands curling over hers.
She turned her face away from me, into his chest.

E<3B