Gutter Gals & Guys - Baking Peach Cobbler

inspired
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Re: Gutter Gals & Guys - Baking Peach Cobbler

Post by inspired »

I don't know how I feel about BD being made as a movie. It scares me a little, because the book relys heavily on one's imagination. There are so many things that may not convey well on screen for me, such as Bella's pregnancy/ birth of Nessie. How will they make a believeable Nessie? How will they convey all of the other covens powers and Bella's sheild? And make it all believable and not cheesy? These are rhetorical questions so don't hang me out to dry :D I worry aboout the integrity of the movies as they get more complicated to film.

Im_her_Jasper I thought that RPattz overacted in a few places too. That being said I wouldn't kick him out of bed for eating crackers :twisted: (sorry, its a figure of speech. You know you are my Edward). He did a great job, but definately has room to grow.

Twin I love the new avi!!! Achmed rules!
Last edited by inspired on Wed Dec 03, 2008 4:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
found by MMETP, courtesy of em3228 @ photobucket
vampman
I'm A Proud Twilight Guy

Post by vampman »

You know this is a great topic. One has to wonder will the studios stick with plain and simple or are they going to get greedy? Are they going to make a huge budget with super special effects and forget the story. Because most inportant Twilight is a love Story. I am sure everyone caught the marketing angle for Twilight. They were focused on the dark side.

With that being said I have been pleased with some of the recent saga movies like HP. WB has tried as best they can to stick to the story. Narnia movies have been fascinating and also have stuck to the storyline(books were great btw). Lord Of The Rings were fantastic. So I think we have to have faith in the studios.

Twin,

I agree with you totally. The book relied heavily on imagination and SM does a wonderful job of pulling you into the Twilight world. How are they going to be able to portray the pregnancy, Nessie and Bella becoming a Vampire? That is a very important part of BD for me. The chapter "New" is one of my fav's. I want that to be right
nissanmama
Officially Bitten!

Post by nissanmama »

I think ya'll have said it all about making BD. I agree with you. The only other thing I would mention is that SM is reported in the media as never having seen an R rated movie. Regardless of whether that's true or not, it's out there as fact now. This is not doctrine, but healthy advise that's given to all the youth at her church and adults too for that matter. R movies are R for a reason. She more than anyone knows that once she signs over the rights, she has almost no say in the ultimate product. I think she would be very disappointed to have a R movie made out of what has been a teen driven series. She wouldn't want to have her name associated with a movie she wouldn't go see because of it's rating.
https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/p ... directlink
40-something and feeling a little like Mrs. Cope.
Banner by Fry
Misfit
I'm A Proud Twilight Guy

Post by Misfit »

Good point Nissanmama - she is very much with her church so yeah you are right no R rating. Well I guess we will have to wait and see but I still think it is very strange that Summit has not licensed BD. I think someone else said it right that the price for it is only going to go up. The movie still has several 10-20 mil weekends left which will put it close to 200 mil for it's U.S. run for a movie made on such a small budget that is huge success.

I am wondering has anyone seen any numbers on the money they have made on licensing merchandise? I saw that Hot Topic actually showed some growth almost tracking perfectly with the Twilight product releases.

Anyways how about the fact that I have done like 5 posts in a single day. Can you say WOW slow day for Misfit.

Misfit.
*Reading is Sexy*
una
Secret Spy for the Warden
Location: Sequestered in an alternate reality full of paranormal studs who find me irresitable!

Post by una »

Misfit, I'm sure this sentiment is shared by others, we have missed you. Glad you've been freed up today to engage in this discussion. I know I have enjoyed it!

I wonder with Christmas, think the Twilight merchandising will benefit even more? I don't know if it was planned, but having the movie come out close to Christmas can do nothing but help more people to see the movie (vacations and such) which will increase the revenue of the movie. And with that, it follows that the holiday gift givings will only spur more sales of the merchandise and books over and above what would be expected for a good movie showing say during the summer.
I am the Impulsive VampVixen.
Thanks to SprtyGal and Fry for the AWESOME banner!
Misfit
I'm A Proud Twilight Guy

Post by Misfit »

Una - I hate to post so close to my last post, but thanks for welcoming me back. I do think that the merchandise will get a big boost from Christmas. We personally have purchased three of the collector sets of jewelry one for TwiDealer to wear another to keep safe for later and the last one to give as a gift. By the way if you have not purchased the collectors set it is very much worth it is 1000% better then the items found at Borders and Hot Topic. They are doing a limited run of the set 3000 units I am surprised nobody else jumped on this faster.

The only thing is they do have a limited amount of merchandise they can release. This is not like an action movie where you can come out with toys.

Misfit.
*Reading is Sexy*
Goodnight Elizabeth
Lusting for Blood

Post by Goodnight Elizabeth »

A big welcome to the latest Gutter Newbies! Nice to see ElectricBadger made his way over. Misfit & Vampman (and Im_Her_Jasper) needed help in their bid for total Gutter Domination! Mwahahaha!
BlueStarlight wrote:Another point... Bella is almost 19 when she gives birth to Nessie. Plenty of girls out there have done it younger than Bella. Also, Bella and Edward get married AFTER they've graduated highschool. Again, people get married that young all the time. If parents are so worried about their children seeing things from BD that the parents themselves are not comfortable with, then my advice is this- read the book, have your child read the book, then discuss the book... before going to see the movie.
Bravo! I totally agree. According to the law (pbbbt), they are adults.

On a different note, I never understood why people had a problem with Juno either. I went with my friend, her girlfriend, and their 18 year old high school senior daughter to see Juno. I asked Ali if the pregnant girls at her school were treated like Juno and she said "yes." I said, "Does this movie make you want to go out & get knocked up now?" (Which is what a lot of ____ people were saying about Juno.) Ali made a scary face and said "Heck no." I thought Juno handled her pregnancy very well. She made a mistake (Juno's implications - not mine)and dealt with it responsibly.

I concur with my SuperTwin - Misfit, it is good to see you!
Squee! Thank you, Nena!
vampman
I'm A Proud Twilight Guy

Post by vampman »

You have no idea how it feels to have more guys here. I always enjoy Misfit's company and Im_her_jasper is most welcome! Especially since he is my twins hubby! Now I can post PGD's and not be the only one that looks at them :lol:

I have not seen Juno. It was critically acclaimed. I guess all the fuss was because she was 17. I can't really comment with out having seen the movie
nissanmama
Officially Bitten!

Post by nissanmama »

una wrote:It follows that the holiday gift givings will only spur more sales of the merchandise and books over and above what would be expected for a good movie showing say during the summer.
I bought MG a Forks High School ornament for Christmas.

Hey speaking of Christmas...Cullengirl...cookbooks???
GNE wrote:On a different note, I never understood why people had a problem with Juno either.
I thought Juno was hilarious!! The thing I didn't like most about it was the couple who were adopting. I hate that they got that far in the process without being more in tune with each other. It was sad that their marriage failed. Juno was dealing with her mistakes, but they weren't.
https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/p ... directlink
40-something and feeling a little like Mrs. Cope.
Banner by Fry
Bewitched
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by Bewitched »

I was just thinking about BD the other day. I was trying to remember what I had heard about how the HP books were going to get darker and more mature since the kids are growing up. I think they will be able to make it PG-13 since PG-13 is considered the new R-rating.

MIsfit
, glad to see you back.

I was wondering about the cookbooks too. Is your cinnimon roll receipe in there Nima?

I really wanted James for Christmas but his girlfriend and my hubby probably wouldn't like that so I could probably settle for a cutout. Who was it that gave the cutout to her boss? I am getting a license plate holder that say Warning! I drive like the Cullens. I really do. :oops:

Lora Leigh books. I have not read the Beast series but if there anything like her Pleasure series, well...lets just say they are not for the faint hearted but at least like someone said they have a plot. I have two of them and my husband couldnt believe they sold them at B&N.