Gutter Gals & Guys - Baking Peach Cobbler

Addicted
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Re: Gutter Gals & Guys - Baking Peach Cobbler

Post by Addicted »

nissanmama wrote:She wouldn't want to have her name associated with a movie she wouldn't go see because of it's rating.
I completely agree with this. BD, the movie is what I am looking forward to the most, but at the same time I have no clue how they can make it without it being rated R.
I do my best to follow the suggestion of no rated R movies, but if BD does end up being rated R(cant see SM giving in to that) you better believe that I will still be front and center to see it :lol: But, I too, do not see SM wanting a rated R movie associated with her name. BD the book is very borderline PG-13/R. But as far as the movie goes I am very curious as to what they will do.
Sarah
twilightmom
Fishing with Charlie

Post by twilightmom »

una wrote:I wonder with Christmas, think the Twilight merchandising will benefit even more? I don't know if it was planned, but having the movie come out close to Christmas can do nothing but help more people to see the movie (vacations and such) which will increase the revenue of the movie. And with that, it follows that the holiday gift givings will only spur more sales of the merchandise and books over and above what would be expected for a good movie showing say during the summer.
AND, there will be new merchandise... Dolls. Here is the press release from Tonner Dolls. However, I believe these dolls will not be available until after Christmas.

Nima - I'm with Bewitched here - I'd like to see your MAGIC cinnamon rolls and homemade hot chocolate receipes! (Hope the magic rolls worked today).
Banner created by the incredibly talented Nena! THANK YOU, MY FRIEND!
Destani
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by Destani »

Welcome to all the new Guttermates!

I can't wait to see pictures of the Twilight dolls. I went to Tonner's main website but the Twilight link wasn't working. Some of their other dolls are very nice, but expensive. I collect dolls so if the Twilight ones are good, they'll probably be on my wish list.

I think BD could be made with a PG-13 rating. I really don't need to see all the blood and gory details. I don't mind them and I don't mind R movies but for this story, I think those things could be glossed over and done more suggestively to suit the author and fan base. If they have enough money, the special effects for things like Bella's enhanced vision and shield should be no problem. And I think the issue of Bella's pain during her transformation could be solved through voice over and possibly some cut aways or split screens to show what's going on around her. My biggest concern, as has been mentioned, would be Renesmee. They would have to use several children to represent her growth and those children would have to be able to convey a more mature attitude. I know that CG is an option, but I really haven't seen any CG of that nature that could blend seamlessly into an otherwise live action movie. I think it would come off looking cheesy. Still, I agree with Misfit that they should buy the option asap. The details can be worked out later.

Woo hoo! I just got my new rank...Banging out dents with Tyler. Thanks to the Gutter, that phrase takes on a whole new meaning for me now. So in honor of my new rank I give you...hip dents!

Chris Evans
Images courtesy of: http://robbuz.deviantart.com/
Lynzeee
Decorating with Esme

Post by Lynzeee »

I Just finished Book 2... and uhm I see why Nissanmama is in love with Rhage- He is wonderful!
I've read two books in 4 days.. I don't even think i moved that fast with twilight!
there are a lot of cliffhangers with this one- is Z next? god i hope so.
thank you shannon *MUAH*
Keeper of The Randomness
"Just because you can, doesn't mean you should"-Acheron Parthenopaeus
Misfit
I'm A Proud Twilight Guy

Post by Misfit »

Well I finished BD this morning and guess what the depression hit me again just like this summer WOW. I feel like my little world of escape just got taken from me and that my Bella and Edward are no more. I guess I will have to recover for a few weeks maybe track something else down to read. I gave a quick glance at the BDB series for all the HUGE fans but sorry it just didn't entice me.

As a side note I know a lot of you have already moved on but I can't seem to read vampire stories any more. Even my beloved Dracula I just keep putting SM's rules to the material and it doesn't make much sense any more. She has ruined me I just send out a big thanks to SM though she simply gave us all an amazing world to escape to.

Misfit.
*Reading is Sexy*
nissanmama
Officially Bitten!

Post by nissanmama »

Misfit wrote:As a side note I know a lot of you have already moved on but I can't seem to read vampire stories any more.
I tend toward fantasy sci/fi anyway. There are lots of fun escapey things to read that aren't vamps. Have you read the Ender series by Orson Scott Card? Ok, that one's not "fun" but good reading. I'm reading The Sharing Knife series right now (alternate universe-romance) at Blue's recommendation. I really liked David Eddings whole saga. How about The Time Traveler's Wife? This one is being made into a movie and besides an interesting story, the most amazing thing about this book to me is the construction. You don't even figure out it's a linear story until half way through the book.

QOTD: What's on your screen saver and why?

PSD: Remember the evil professor that seduced our flawed, but mostly loveable Zoey Redbird in House of Night? Who wouldn't fall for a guy that looked like this without his shirt on while reciting poetry?

So tonight...I have the annual Christmas party for my women's group at church. We're doing a white elephant gift exchange. Two years ago I wrestled with a number of people over different gifts. I was finally left with something I did not choose and when I opened it...it was a white, industrial, size 38G bra. Naturally I put it on, stuffed it with wrapping paper and modeled it for all to see. It was a great moment and I was really glad it didn't end up in the hands of someone with shall we say less of a sense of humor. They didn't do the gift exchange last year so I have hung on to this thing for TWO YEARS! Tonight, I exact my revenge...like Dr. Evil, waiting time has given me the opportunity to indulge my evil tendencies. Tonight the bra will go back into the pile and it will be new and improved. :twisted: I'll take a pic after I finished it up today. Let me just say it has bells, sequins and fring now. hehehe It has...the Christmas spirit. :D My hope, of course, is that whomever gets it will continue to add to it's gaudiness and bring it back again next year.
https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/p ... directlink
40-something and feeling a little like Mrs. Cope.
Banner by Fry
BlueStarlight
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by BlueStarlight »

nissanmama wrote:So tonight...I have the annual Christmas party for my women's group at church. We're doing a white elephant gift exchange. Two years ago I wrestled with a number of people over different gifts. I was finally left with something I did not choose and when I opened it...it was a white, industrial, size 38G bra. Naturally I put it on, stuffed it with wrapping paper and modeled it for all to see. It was a great moment and I was really glad it didn't end up in the hands of someone with shall we say less of a sense of humor. They didn't do the gift exchange last year so I have hung on to this thing for TWO YEARS! Tonight, I exact my revenge...like Dr. Evil, waiting time has given me the opportunity to indulge my evil tendencies. Tonight the bra will go back into the pile and it will be new and improved. :twisted: I'll take a pic after I finished it up today. Let me just say it has bells, sequins and fring now. hehehe It has...the Christmas spirit. :D My hope, of course, is that whomever gets it will continue to add to it's gaudiness and bring it back again next year.
*SNORT*!!!! My SIL's first Christmas with her new family was a white elephant exchange! Her hubby's GRANDFATHER gave her this teeny-tiny lingerie set that was black and red! She's a plus-size girl. They all got a kick out of that! She decorated it with sequins and such and gave it to him last year!

Destani wrote:If they have enough money, the special effects for things like Bella's enhanced vision and shield should be no problem.
OOOOO- great point!! I hadn't thought about her enhanced vision! She describes this in such detail after waking up as a vamp- the dust motes, the grains in the wood, Jasper's freakin' scars for that matter. Since the movie is basically from Bella's POV, too, I truly hope they consider this and realize that it's important to the character of being a Twilight vampire. They definitely need to do this to show the vast difference between being human and being a vampire; it is after all, what Bella has wanted since she fell in love with Edward, to be a part of his world.

Chris Evans is hot!! I can't wait to see him in the movie "Push." That looks like it's going to be awesome!!

Twilight merchandise- I haven't bought anything from Hot Topic other than the soundtrack. I do have the Collector's Edition of Twilight on my Cmas Wishlist, as well as the calendar and a couple more t-shirts from CafePress. Hubby has it easy this year- there's no jewelry on my list!

How rude of me... WELCOME to all the new Guttermates!! It's good to have newbies on here!
bac
Mesmerized by her own Dr. Cullen

Post by bac »

Oh my, I would like to see this festive bra. It sounds great and I hope it is a fun night for all the ladies. Who knows, maybe you'll come away with some granny panties.

I finished The Sweet Far Thing last night (a great and terrible beauty, Gemma Doyle). It was a hard book to get through, but I am liking Kartik, a bronze skinned young man. I know we have had a PSD today, but I am fulfilling my own personal Kartik need.

Sorry about the BD induced depression Misfit. I haven't reread it yet. I would like to eventually, but I haven't had the inkling for the emotional roller coaster yet.

Welcome to all the new faces.
by Laniyeah on photobucket
VampLover
Learning to Love Green

Post by VampLover »

Hello all, I don't get to post as much as I would like because I only have internet at work and can't always post when I want to, I do try to keep up on reading all the posts.

Nissanmama I love it!! A couple of years ago we had a white elephant christmas at my church, I got "the perfect man" a lovely doll that talked and said all the things a girl likes to hear!! I was thoughly embarrased being the only single woman at the church, but it was all in good fun and even had my picture taken with him at the end of the night!

Also loving Chris Evans' hip dents, which reminds me I just started reading Dark Lover last night, haven't gotten to the peaches yet, but hopefully will tonight. I believe I stoped at chaper 15 before it was time for bed.
cullengirl
Cataloging the Cullen Library

Post by cullengirl »

It's been a phreaking phrustrating morning and it's only 8:30 am my time! I called my university's student financial office this morning. I got an email yesterday saying that their is a financial hold on my account and that I can't register until I clear it. The problem? They charged me twice! I paid my tutition in Sept for the Fall semester and had a clean slate for the months of October and November. I get an email from them that they are going to refund me in November and it's the same exact amount as my tutition bill! Now, I'm socked the same amount plus an additional $26 for a "late fee". Now I have to wait until they get back to me. :evil:

Misfit, you have an interesting dilemma. I'm able to separate all the vamp lit because Sm's vamps are so different. I actually haven't read Dracula. I think I tried it a couple of times and couldn't get past the "Gothic Victorian" feel to it. I also think the many remakes of the book, didn't do me any good either.

Now,there's a plethora of vamp lit all over the place. I swear every time I turn around, there's another YA vamp book being published. I can't reread the TW saga back to back after the first time. I need to chew on it the first time and then reread. So, thus far, I've only read BD once.

N'mama and BSL- OMC, that's hiliarious!

bac- The Sweet Far Thing is a hard read and I absolutely loved Kartik. :cry: Lemme know if you want to discuss it.
“Darkness will never take me…because I have you. Light of my life, Marissa. That’s what you are.”-LR
Banner by the awesome, beautiful and incredible Nena!