Gutter Gals & Guys - Baking Peach Cobbler

twilightmom
Fishing with Charlie

Re: Gutter Gals & Guys - Baking Peach Cobbler

Post by twilightmom »

QOTD#2: On grey winter days - I like to drink heavily! :lol: Or rather, I just wish I could. Now that it's getting cold, we tend to stay inside more and with two small kids - it can get crazy.

When I have time to myself, I like to watch a movie/TV or lately, get on the computer. I love drinking hot tea or hot chocolate. I love to get under the afghan and read. But I'm never alone, so the kids and I resort to craft projects, going to the play area at the mall, or our favorite is going to a place called "Wicked Fun Art." I kid you not - only in New England, right?! It's a place where you can just paint, do crafts, etc. We LOVE it there!

ETA: Actually we are on our way right now to get our PJs on and go up to our library for the annual reading of the Polar Express. The library is another GREAT place to go on yucky days.
Banner created by the incredibly talented Nena! THANK YOU, MY FRIEND!
una
Secret Spy for the Warden
Location: Sequestered in an alternate reality full of paranormal studs who find me irresitable!

Post by una »

Misfit, I'm in California and I usually enjoy the cloudy grey days. I think part of my issue today is that it's been this way for a week (no sun at all) and I'm reading The Lovely Bones. I just went to the doctor and read a couple pages in the waiting room. Goodness, I have never fought so hard not to cry!! It must be the book in conjunction with the weather. I may have to read two books at once which I never do. It's like how I eat...I eat one thing at a time so I can savor it. But for sanity's sake, I may just have to have some happy diversion while I'm reading this.

I really wish for rain though. I just LOVE the rain. I know I could live where it is cloudy and grey if it rained more, even just a drizzle.
I am the Impulsive VampVixen.
Thanks to SprtyGal and Fry for the AWESOME banner!
Ambrosia
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by Ambrosia »

QOTD#2 I really don't mind the cloudy, winter days here in NC. It's not too cold, usually around 50-65. The summers here are so blazing hot and humid that I really appreciate this time of year. There isn't a whole lot to do around here though in the winter. We go out to eat, to a movie, to the library, or to B&N. At home, I like to curl up with the lap top or a book. The occasional movie is nice too.
Wrecking Ball Trainee of the EDC, Inc.
Emmet loves blondes!
Randomness Regular
Misfit
I'm A Proud Twilight Guy

Post by Misfit »

Well I gave my wife some pretty pictures to look at a nice home over looking the Oregon coast in the amazing town of Astoria. I have wanted to move their from about 10 years old after I saw you guest it Goonies. I love rain, I love cold weather, and I also love the ocean. So it's the perfect spot for me I mean but my dear little TwiDealer loves warm sun shine and being close to her Mom so I loose. Every couple of months I give her some pictures of houses up there in hopes she reconsiders lol.

Misfit.

P.S. It would be only about 4 hours to Forks if we moves to Astoria.

Also note about Twilight and Showtime ----
Twilight" is coming to Showtime.

Pic is part of an exclusive output deal the pay cabler has signed with Summit Entertainment that will include up to 42 of Summit's titles theatrically released between 2008 and 2012 running on the network.

"We're excited that 'Twilight' is obviously going to be a huge franchise, and that there will probably be several more of those films coming as part of the deal," said Showtime chairman and CEO Matthew Blank.

Distributed by Summit, the vampire-themed "Twilight" has grossed more than $120 million domestically since its Nov. 21 release.

The first output pact of its kind for Summit, deal also covers a 2009 studio slate that includes the Alex Proyas-helmed "Knowing" starring Nicolas Cage and Rose Byrne, and "Push" starring Chris Evans, Dakota Fanning and Djimon Hounsou.

Deal comes six months after Showtime's main suppliers of theatrical films, Paramount, Lionsgate and MGM, decided to stop selling films to the network and instead start their own premium movie channel with MTV Networks.

Showtime has since signed a seven-year output deal with The Weinstein Company.

In addition to Weinstein and Summit titles, Showtime will still have access to Lionsgate and MGM titles released through this year, and Paramount titles released through 2007.

"This takes us many years out in terms of our film needs," Blank noted. "Our objective all along was to bring the cost of acquiring theatrical films in line with the business of our network, and I think we accomplished that."

---- Rob and Kristin Gossip on the red carpet in London ---

Vampire-playing Robert Pattinson admits he sometimes slips into character when he’s out with the ladies.
“I’ve been known for a little nibble,” he told reporters at the London premiere of Twilight.
The movie, based on the bestselling novel by Stephenie Meyer, has become an instant hit with tween audiences. Thousands of screaming girls lined the black carpet Wednesday night for a chance to see Pattinson in the (undead) flesh.

Despite adoring fans, the single Pattinson, 22, tells PEOPLE he’s not actively looking for a girlfriend. “I’m not like prowling around, no!” he laughs.
However his admirers’ pickup lines have changed following Twilight’s success. “Now it’s very different,” he said, continuing in a high-pitched falsetto, “It’s, ‘Oh I’m such a big fan!’ ”
One woman who’s definitely in Pattinson’s fan club? Costar Kristen Stewart.
But the 18-year-old actress did jokingly recall one action scene that sidelined the strapping star.
“He tried to pick me up … and he pulled his groin,” she said. “It was hilarious! He was hurt but he was laughing.”
Source: People
*Reading is Sexy*
stupid_lamb85
Wandering Through Town

Post by stupid_lamb85 »

What do i do to perk myself up when grey days get me down?
I love rainy grey days but snowy days aren't on my list of fav things. I like jumping on my indoor trampoline, reading, drinking hot chocolate, going out to the mall, watching a sappy movie, surfing the net
My twilight diet blog http://nyxd.blogspot.com
Destani
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by Destani »

QOTD 1: I don't have a screensaver here at home. My laptop just goes into the black powersave mode. My desktop wallpaper is the main character from my favorite Japanese anime series, Elfen Lied.

QOTD 2: I don't mind a gray day sometimes, I just don't like the cold. Today was very gray and cloudy but warmer than last week so I actually enjoyed it. I thought the sky looked very pretty. I'm the kind of person that doesn't like happy things when I'm in a bad mood because they just make me more depressed. So when I have a bad day, like today, a gray depressing sky is a perfect pick me up. I love falling asleep to the sound of rain, but I don't like to go out in it. I also love snow...if I don't have to go to work.

Una and twilightmom, your animals are adorable.

I've also read The Sweet Far Thing and loved the Kartik image. I enjoyed the book but I didn't read the first 2 in the series so it took me a while to catch on to everything. A girl at work bought it at our book fair not realizing it was fantasy. It wasn't her type of genre and she knew I loved fantasy so she gave it to me. I didn't want to waste money on the first 2 books in case I didn't like it so I started reading it just to get a feel for it. I intended to stop a couple of chapters in but I couldn't stop reading. So now that I've finished it, I haven't had the urge to read the first 2 because now I know how it all ends.
Images courtesy of: http://robbuz.deviantart.com/
oleander
Ignoring Renee's E-Mails

Post by oleander »

Happy Birthday Wingtear!

Happy day to everyone else!
Misfit wrote:See I miss the winter gray we don't get that here in Southern California. I did look at a wonderful house in Astoria OR oh if I could only get the wife to consider it... :cry: She will never move our kids away from her parents and I really don't like the idea of raising our kids here in Southern California.

I like Winter Gray because it changes the way we see the world. By the way did I mention that B&W photography is my favorite.

Misfit.
I am a huge fan of B&W photography too, but winter grey is no B&W photograph! :) There's no cold feet or slush or black ice or sub-zero temperatures or painful slips and falls in B&W photography...or at least none that you can truly feel.

I would give anything to have a winter free of snow.
nissanmama
Officially Bitten!

Post by nissanmama »

HApPy biRThdAY Wingtear!! :D

The bra was a huge it at the party last night. So popular in fact that everyone kept stealing it from each other so that they could be the one to "improve" it and bring it back next year. Besides the bra, I thought the most clever and in the spirit of White Elephant gifts was a baseball in a clear display box that was of course signed...by someone's six year old son. That just crackd me up. I walked away with a bottle of sparkling juice. I'm happy to have something I'll actually use, but I'm totally annoyed with people who brought legitimate gifts. Hello?! They're supposed to be lame and/or embarrasing!

QOTD: If you were named after one of the 50 states, which one would it be?

PSD: Another offering for Wrath. Perhaps Lucan?
Last edited by nissanmama on Fri Dec 05, 2008 11:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/p ... directlink
40-something and feeling a little like Mrs. Cope.
Banner by Fry
Spooncha
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by Spooncha »

Happy Birthday, Wingtear!!!

Glad your work of art was a success, Nima! I went to a White Elephant party in Jr. High, and everyone fought over a stolen street sign. Nutty kids...snort.

Gray days: I love gray days! I think it's easier to notice things when the sky is gray. The ambient distractions seem to be dampened, colors stand out more, incidental sounds a little more prominent, etc.

...just a thought. I acknowledge, however, that a gray day in Texas is an entirely different creature than a gray day spent trudging through slush. But a Texas August would have anyone begging for a gray day.
"Don't make us bite you in hard-to-reach places!"
-The Tick

http://www.myspace.com/ichamama
stupid_lamb85
Wandering Through Town

Post by stupid_lamb85 »

NIMA: I knew it would be a hit!!!! as for people buying regular gifts...I guess some people have no imagination or sense of humor. I like the baseball hat signed :P

QOTD: washington!!...OK thats just weird lol. ummm I would be Alaska I think thats a pretty name...or indiana

TH and I are trying for baby number 2 for the longest time I tried to sell him on bella or isabella our niece is Ella so he said its too close and he said its to italian sounding (lol emmett) now that he has read the books he actually offered the babies middle name to be isabella or bella....so now I am trying to sell him on Alice as a first name. At first I thought it sounded to common but now a days how many babies are going to be named Alice...especially where I am in canada because Twilight isn't as big here as it is down there. I think its really cute :)

Another funny story TH works security he has been talking about the books to two male work friends. The one was making fun of him saying it was a girly book/movie even though he likes the notebook :S Anyways the second who is 21 and a skater kid said he was going to take his girlfriend to the movie on TH's recommendation well skater kid came in yesterday ranting and raving about how awesome the movie is to anyone who will listen and asked TH if he could borrow the books (this is a kid who DOES not read) The notebook guy is livid saying skater boy came to the dark side and now he looks like the silly one lol. So needless to say by the end of there year I thin we will have all the security staff Twilighted :)
My twilight diet blog http://nyxd.blogspot.com