Gutter Gals & Guys - Baking Peach Cobbler

cullengirl
Cataloging the Cullen Library

Re: Gutter Gals & Guys - Baking Peach Cobbler

Post by cullengirl »

I just called the financial office again. Apparently, they waved my fee for my observation and now I have to pay that. So basically, what I orignally payed was washed out with this waiver. I got the $29.10 waived. Now I have to call back and make sure that's taken cared of before I pay the tuitition. *Grumble Grumble*

Misfit- Do you want to switch places? It's cold and dreary in Chicago. It's in the 20s here and that's the HIGH tempertature.

QOTD 1: Grey Days.. I usually change my music to the weather. Weird, I know. So I'm listening to mellow music right now: Death Cab, Travis, Keane, etc. At work, thanks to GNE, I'm listening to her TW movie playlist. It's on Muse's "Supermassive Black Hole". :) Besides music, I like to curl up with a good book or movie. Unfortunately, I can't do that right now due to an upcoming final project for school that I haven't started. :roll: Drinking a nice cup of hot tea or hot chocolate is also nice.

QOTD 2: I don't know. I guess something easy to pronounce. I can't tell you how many times my name has been butchered. :shock:

QOTD 3: Can you tell I'm bored at work?! What are your plans for this weekend?

Here's my top three:

1. Provided there's no snowstorm in Chi-town, get N'mama's cookbooks ready. See, I remembered!
2. Shop and starting writing out holiday cards
3. Finish my final project for my Ed class
“Darkness will never take me…because I have you. Light of my life, Marissa. That’s what you are.”-LR
Banner by the awesome, beautiful and incredible Nena!
Bewitched
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by Bewitched »

HAPPY BIRTHDAY WINGTEAR

QOTD: My son is actually named after a state. Dakota. I love the balck hills area. We call him Kody or Koda for short and he will call you on it if you spell it with a "C". If I could pick a name for me it would be Montana. If Kody had been a girl, it would have been that.

QOTD: I'm always up and down but holidays are the worse. I usually take a walk if it's not sub below cold or a nap. I use to watch romance movies or listen to sad music or read romance stories but that only makes it worse; so I try to do up beat things. I do love the cold and snow though and wish I could move up north but alas I have the same problem Misfit does. My hubby doesn't want to leave.

and the new QOTD: This weekend we are going to get up early and eat breakfast at a church a few blocks from downtown. They have a silent auction/craft show going on and then we'll go downtown, bundled up of course, and watch the Star City Parade. My oldest is plays cymbals and is marching for the last time since he is a senior. Then my daughter is going with her church group to ring bells for the salvation army, I think I might tag along, and then on Sunday, we're baking and putting up the tree.

I can't wait to get home so I can see Nima's Wrath picture. It must be hot since watchguard blocked it this morning. Loved the pic of the White Elephant gift btw.

Stupid Lamb I thnk Alice would be a very pretty name. Almost makes me wish I could have another.
Almost.

Did anyone catch Grey's last night? I laughed so hard my sides hurt. I'll take that little fantasy any day.
nissanmama
Officially Bitten!

Post by nissanmama »

Bewitched wrote:I can't wait to get home so I can see Nima's Wrath picture. It must be hot since watchguard blocked it this morning.
I went back and checked the link and it blocked me too. I've actually have had trouble linking from that website before. I found the same image from another source. Try it now.
https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/p ... directlink
40-something and feeling a little like Mrs. Cope.
Banner by Fry
Bewitched
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by Bewitched »

That link worked, thank you. *squees* I love Adrian. I use to watch Highlander all the time.
Misfit
I'm A Proud Twilight Guy

Post by Misfit »

I will not switch for Chicago sorry that's not my favorite city one of my least favorite. As for the QOTD Colorado would be my state name and in fact when I first came to school in Cali one of my teachers always called me that (because I am from Colorado).

My weekend plans are pretty simple: Christmas party for TwiDealer's work and ripping up my lawn some more to put in a little seating area out front.

Great Catherine Hardwicke chat about After Twilight.
http://www.shocktillyoudrop.com/news/to ... hp?id=8747

Misfit.
Last edited by Misfit on Fri Dec 05, 2008 11:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
*Reading is Sexy*
Ambrosia
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by Ambrosia »

Happy Birthday, WIngtear!

Bewitched, I love Grey's Anatomy. Last night's episode was awesome!

QOTD1: I suppose Carolina, because that's where I live at the moment.

QOTD2: This should actually be a fun weekend. Tonight will be pretty mellow, but that's a good thing. Probably just relax and watch a movie with the hubby.

Tomorrow a bunch of the other (marine) wives planned a dinner thing to celebrate my birthday, so that should be fun, although it's not technically until Sunday. We may go out for some drinks after that.

Oleander, I'm actually missing the snow. This is my first winter out of Michigan and it's not even close to a normal winter here (NC). It's sunny and in the 60s every day. I'll trade you for a week?

Happy Friday Everyone!
Wrecking Ball Trainee of the EDC, Inc.
Emmet loves blondes!
Randomness Regular
twilightmom
Fishing with Charlie

Post by twilightmom »

Nima - he is a great Wrath (I also loved Highlander). To us V's term: we just need to "manscape" him (shave off some of that chest hair).

QOTD: Bewitched - I love Dakota, that is great! I'd go for Wyoming - I have one of those names that every other girl had in the 70's and 80's, so something fun and adventurous!

QOTD 2: I am without hubby (he's in Philly for the Army-Navy football game). It's going to be very chilly here. I'm not really looking foward to the weekend. We'll probably watch some movies, play around the house. Make sure mommy doesn't go insane!
Banner created by the incredibly talented Nena! THANK YOU, MY FRIEND!
una
Secret Spy for the Warden
Location: Sequestered in an alternate reality full of paranormal studs who find me irresitable!

Post by una »

Happy Birthday WingTear!! Wishing you a wonderful and guttery day! :D

Nima, he's VERY cute! I see him more as Lucan, to me Wrath has a much more chiseled face.

I wished we got snow, I do love it. We were teased a few weeks ago with a little rain. I love the rain, it just has this refreshing, soul cleaning feel. I love to walk in it, watch it, listen to it, goodness play in it! In fact, when it's raining, I will take the dog out to play ball in it - Hubby is actually quite supportive...as long as I don't get sick!

QOTD_1: I'm torn between two. I could pick California because I think Cali is a cute nickname (I've always wished my name was longer so I could have a nickname, but my real name has no really viable nicknames) or Mississippi because then you could call me Missy. :shock: Change that, I'll take California, my SIL Is named Missy...can't go there!

QOTD_2: Hubby sent me a link last night to Daddy. I've been (half) joking that our Bailey needs a brother. Midori is happy during the day when we are gone, she's loves her independence and never really is lonely - the great thing about cats. However, we know Bailey is lonely during the day. We used to allow him in the yard (he had gained our trust not to destroy our backyard) but he ripped up the drip line in one of my herb planters, twice. The second time, right after we had just fixed it!! He dug it back up and chewed it. So he's back in "prison" the side yard/dog run we have for him. So I think because of that, Hubby thinks I might be right and a brother might be what he needs. We don't want another puppy (we survived Bailey) and I'm sure his heartbreaking story helped to convince Hubby. So (sorry this is such a long story!!) we are going to the SPCA tomorrow to look at Daddy. Then I hope to get some grading done and decorate the house for Christmas. Dare I say, it'd be great if I can get to some Christmas cards. Then on Sunday, I'm singing a solo for church and then (my parent's anniversary gift to Hubby and I) after we are going to a quick lunch and the Philharmonic concert. Busy but should be a good weekend!
I am the Impulsive VampVixen.
Thanks to SprtyGal and Fry for the AWESOME banner!
stupid_lamb85
Wandering Through Town

Post by stupid_lamb85 »

Happy Birthday wingtear!!!!

QOTD: my plans this weekend..well today I finishing up my christmas shopping only have TH left. I am alos buying the last bit and the tree topper for my twilight tree. Other then that I am not sure

I haven't been out yet but I hope the weather here is good today I have to walk from mall to mall to shop since I don't drive :( its been freezing the last week so I hope its nice today!!!
My twilight diet blog http://nyxd.blogspot.com
cullengirl
Cataloging the Cullen Library

Post by cullengirl »

Misfit wrote:I will not switch for Chicago sorry that's not my favorite city one of my least favorite.

*Snaps fingers* Dang! I love Chicago, just not Chicago weather. Msn had corrected myself. It's actually 15 degrees in Chicago at the moment. I got Jacob (my space heater) running at work. I should go and make a nice cup of green tea while I'm at it.

Happy Birthday to Wingtear!!
“Darkness will never take me…because I have you. Light of my life, Marissa. That’s what you are.”-LR
Banner by the awesome, beautiful and incredible Nena!