General Discussion on the Twilight Universe

Moderators: December, bac, Bronze Haired Girl, cullengirl

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
bite_me
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Re: The Transformation

Post by bite_me »

I was amazed at the contrast between her transformation and the time james bit her . . . the way in Twilight she was thrashing and screaming to edward so much. its amazing that the preparation gave her the strength to lie still.
ImageImage
If they say it's tourist season why can't we shoot them?
Jessalyn118
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by Jessalyn118 »

True..
the way she said
"that was nothing" about the pain..
"It's all about who you know"

"In that case, i hope you enjoy disappointment"

Edward Cullen

EmmettCullen534
Settled in Forks

Post by EmmettCullen534 »

I liked how well the transformation and her new senses were written-- but they were too short! This book could've and should've been ENTIRELY about Bella as a thirsty, struggling, regretful newborn vampire! Imagine all the amazing descriptions of the transformation and her new senses would be main points in the story (as they should be), not just quick mentions. If Bella would've struggled as a newborn, she would have to depend on Edward to help her stay good- giving him a bigger role in the book. She was supposed to be emotional as a vampire. This was all foreshadowed and would've been a much better story. If it was devoted to how Bella is now paying her price for immortality and love, instead of "look how amazing my baby is!", it would be the BEST BOOK!!!
EmmettCullen534
Settled in Forks

Bella struggling as a vampire with so much temptation, but eventually overcoming it would show her strength. Instead of magically/abnormally give her perfect resistance!!
edward4ever
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Post by edward4ever »

EmmettCullen534 wrote:I liked how well the transformation and her new senses were written-- but they were too short! This book could've and should've been ENTIRELY about Bella as a thirsty, struggling, regretful newborn vampire! Imagine all the amazing descriptions of the transformation and her new senses would be main points in the story (as they should be), not just quick mentions. If Bella would've struggled as a newborn, she would have to depend on Edward to help her stay good- giving him a bigger role in the book. She was supposed to be emotional as a vampire. This was all foreshadowed and would've been a much better story. If it was devoted to how Bella is now paying her price for immortality and love, instead of "look how amazing my baby is!", it would be the BEST BOOK!!!
In my opinion, it was SM's intent all along to make Bella's "adjustment" to being a vampire pretty easy. The reason I believe that is, I think it was Bella's destiny to be a vampire. In fact, I stated this in a post over a month ago, I believe that Bella was born to, not only BE a vampire, but to be with Edward eternally. In fact, I said I believe she was BORN a vampire, she just wasn't immortal yet.
-She's pale naturally (even in AZ);
-She never fit in with any human groups;
-She immediately felt comfortable around the vampires in her life;
-She wasn't shocked by anything Edward told her about his lifestyle, in fact it all made perfect sense to her from the get-go.

I LOVED the fact that she had no trouble whatsoever adjusting to it!

And she was protecting Edward when she refused to show how painful her transformation was after the morphine wore off and she was able to move. She knew he was already in pain about her wanting to give up her human life for him (of course, it became necessary in HIS mind with Renesmee--but before that), she didn't want him to hurt more knowing that she was in severe pain. That was amazing!!
Edward's Honeymoon Night Extra
Honeymoon Night Extra
Two feather pillows--$75
One headboard--$220
Spending 17 days alone on Isle Esme with Edward Cullen--PRICELESS!
who_needs_fangs?
Digging the Castle Motif

Post by who_needs_fangs? »

edward4ever wrote:
EmmettCullen534 wrote:I liked how well the transformation and her new senses were written-- but they were too short! This book could've and should've been ENTIRELY about Bella as a thirsty, struggling, regretful newborn vampire! Imagine all the amazing descriptions of the transformation and her new senses would be main points in the story (as they should be), not just quick mentions. If Bella would've struggled as a newborn, she would have to depend on Edward to help her stay good- giving him a bigger role in the book. She was supposed to be emotional as a vampire. This was all foreshadowed and would've been a much better story. If it was devoted to how Bella is now paying her price for immortality and love, instead of "look how amazing my baby is!", it would be the BEST BOOK!!!
In my opinion, it was SM's intent all along to make Bella's "adjustment" to being a vampire pretty easy. The reason I believe that is, I think it was Bella's destiny to be a vampire. In fact, I stated this in a post over a month ago, I believe that Bella was born to, not only BE a vampire, but to be with Edward eternally. In fact, I said I believe she was BORN a vampire, she just wasn't immortal yet.
-She's pale naturally (even in AZ);
-She never fit in with any human groups;
-She immediately felt comfortable around the vampires in her life;
-She wasn't shocked by anything Edward told her about his lifestyle, in fact it all made perfect sense to her from the get-go.

I LOVED the fact that she had no trouble whatsoever adjusting to it!

And she was protecting Edward when she refused to show how painful her transformation was after the morphine wore off and she was able to move. She knew he was already in pain about her wanting to give up her human life for him (of course, it became necessary in HIS mind with Renesmee--but before that), she didn't want him to hurt more knowing that she was in severe pain. That was amazing!!
I don't think Bella is the only one of the Cullens destined to be a vampire, though she seems to be the only one who was born a human vampire. I think ultimately it was Carlisle's and Alice's destiny too. Not sure about the others though
|Allie (Red) and Sami (Cocoa) and Sydney (Yank) are ❤|Conch=twin|
|SBS|Major V|Heidi Volturi|Veronica Ricci|Some other stuff I forgot|
|Banner Screenshots by Squid, Avie by Abby|
EmmettCullen534
Settled in Forks

Well I think one of the main themes of the book was temptation/forbidden fruit, and sacrifices. Bella didn't end up having to give up ANYTHING!!
who_needs_fangs?
Digging the Castle Motif

Post by who_needs_fangs? »

EmmettCullen534 wrote:Well I think one of the main themes of the book was temptation/forbidden fruit, and sacrifices. Bella didn't end up having to give up ANYTHING!!
I think the only one who REALLY sacrificed anything is Irina.
|Allie (Red) and Sami (Cocoa) and Sydney (Yank) are ❤|Conch=twin|
|SBS|Major V|Heidi Volturi|Veronica Ricci|Some other stuff I forgot|
|Banner Screenshots by Squid, Avie by Abby|
EmmettCullen534
Settled in Forks

Bella had the choice. To become a vampire which lets her be with Edward resulting in immortality, loss of humanity, becoming a monster, struggling with a thirst forever, not being able to be near humans without killing them for the first year or two, and losing yourself as a newborn, and parts of yourself even after that stage OR staying human and having a normal life with her friends and family. She chose VAMPIRE, let her pay the price. Don't cop-out and let her skip it~ let her feel like a monster and have to deal with what she started. It would've been the BEST BOOK, no doubt about it.
Destani
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by Destani »

I was just thinking about something. I was re-reading Twilight recently and was wondering if Bella would have been a typical blood-crazed newborn if she had been changed in the ballet studio. Do you think it was the time she had to mentally prepare for the transformation, the fact that she was destined to be a vampire, or a combination of both that helped her handle everything so well?
Images courtesy of: http://robbuz.deviantart.com/