Gutter Gals & Guys - Baking Peach Cobbler

LadyDi
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Re: Gutter Gals & Guys - Baking Peach Cobbler

Post by LadyDi »

Wow! Talk about being behind!

Screensaver / Desktop Wallpaper
I have no screensaver. On my laptop, the wallpaper began with Thomas the Tank Engine (for my son), then changed to a unicorn picture (for my daughter), and ever since my staff did something weird to erase my wallpaper, I changed it to a photo of RPatz. As I mentioned earlier, one of my gr 2s wanted to know if that was my husband. Ha! On my desktop computer, it used to be photos of the kids, but now it's the Twilight movie poster. May go back to the kids eventually

What To Do On A Sad Day
Drink. "Play". Go to bed early and sleep in late. Vent to friends.

What I'm Doing This Weekend
Kids are going on a sleepover to my parents' house. Hubby and I will shop for Xmas gifts, clean the house and just enjoy each others' company. Kids have a Xmas party on Sunday that my parents are taking them to but want me to attend as well. I also have to get my car (it broke down 8 pm Thursday night as I was leaving work).

Movie News
I went and saw the movie again with my coven (me the 2nd time, they the 1st). 2 of the 9 disliked it. They were disappointed. The others liked it although spent a lot of time during dinner pointing out what they would have changed. I tried to get into the "Jasper is a military man" oleander mindset, but it didn't work (I tried!). I enjoyed it, although I found a new thing that bothered me - the vamps kept going in the sunlight and they didn't sparkle! In the piano scene, light is streaming onto Edward as he plays and Bella reclines, listening to him and - no shiny biz! Then, when Alice and Jazz are in Phoenix checking out of the hotel, the lobby is filled with sunshine and - no shiny biz!

Twilight Style
I'm Victoria! I'll walk around barefoot or with less-than-suitable footwear in the weirdest places (work, meetings, conferences, you name it) and I like to steal men's clothing to wear for myself (okay, that sounds sick and wrong - I mean, I like to borrow my husband's shirts and things to wear, so I can be even closer to him - okay, now that just sounds pathetic and wrong!)

State Name
That's a tricky one. I knew of a couple that gave their daughter the middle name California because that's where she was conceived.
This banner is designed by the one-of-a-kind talent known on the Lex as Fry. Thanks!
Destani
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by Destani »

Happy Birthday Wingtear!

QOTD: If you were named after one of the 50 states, which one would it be?
Minnesota. I've never lived there or even visited but my favorite football team is the Minnesota Vikings so it's the first thing I thought of. I think it has a nice ring to it. It's unique but not totally out there.
My boss is named Tana after Montana. I think that's pretty but too close to my real name.
This question reminds me of how Mike kept calling Bella "Arizona" in the movie.

QOTD 2: My weekend is going to be busier than I would like. I'm teaching dog obedience classes tomorrow well into the afternoon. I have to do some work on my fish pond, getting it settled for the winter. I also need to go to the grocery store. Then on Sunday I'm babysitting for a friend so he and his wife can go Xmas shopping for the kids. I would love to put up my tree but it doesn't look like I'm going to have one this year. We're having a mouse problem at the moment and until the mice are gone I don't want to put out anything else that the cat can attack. She's already bent on destroying my doll collection because a mouse tried to hide behind them once. We've got repellents in the kitchen and around my collectibles and humane traps in other areas of the house where I've noticed high rodent traffic. So hopefully we'll get rid of the mice soon. I've already caught and released one.

QOTD 3: I suppose I'm closest to Bella in style but to be honest she's even more concerned about her clothing than me. She actually had a skirt and wore it willingly. I'm fine dressing casual and comfy all the time. I really wouldn't want to dress like anyone else.
...I just read LadyDi's post and now I'm thinking maybe I'm more like Victoria as well. I do like to be barefoot but when I'm forced to wear shoes I usually wear boots. I also like men's clothing and frequently wear men's sweatshirts and t-shirts. I love stealing jackets from my husband.

GNE - Is this sort of what you mean by a pastel tortie? This is my cat, Kira. She's gray, peach and cream.

While I'm showing off my animals, this is my pug, Capone.

Una - Daddy looks really sweet. I hope you can get him.
Images courtesy of: http://robbuz.deviantart.com/
oleander
Ignoring Renee's E-Mails

Post by oleander »

LadyDi, my view of Jasper wasn't the military one, it was more he was trying not to breathe in Bella's scent and that's why he was so stiff...same with at the school...he looked (to me) like he was trying to control the intake of scent. It's okay though if you don't agree. Everyone perceives things differently and that's what makes us the cool chicas that we are.

Since everyone else is showing off their kitties, here's the man in my life. I present to you Mr. Knuckles! I'm sure I must have posted him here at some point, but he's cute (no hip dents, sorry) so i figured i'd post him again. My nephews and niece started calling him Mr. Knuckles and it sort of stuck. I just call him Fred.
Goodnight Elizabeth
Lusting for Blood

Post by Goodnight Elizabeth »

Destani: That's one pretty cat! My husband even liked her. She's darker than my tortie (who after I had spayed, one of my neighbors stole her). Her name is Tootie (Fruiti Tutti), and they named her Angel. They attempted to steal her before, and their kids were calling her this. Long long story. Here's Tootie with Gizzy and Princess.

Here's mine & Kenny's baby, Lola. This is my parents' cat. They named her Gizzy, too. Losers. She's called Fuzzy Gizz. Another pic of her.

I can't stop without sharing another of my parents' pets. This one teetered into their yard one morning. She was one day old. Butterbean was her name. She was killed by a hungry bobcat.

QOTD: My state name would be Carolina. I would be called Carrie or Lina as a nickname. I also like Wyoming.
Squee! Thank you, Nena!
spookybell
Part of Carlisle's Clan

Post by spookybell »

23 pages behind..... how does this happen. I don't intentionally abandon you all!!! I must go to bed though.

oh baby deer... tomorow I will read back... expect a huge commentary from me, unless I can controll muslef.
Sometimes I am not satisfied with my signature!
BlueStarlight
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by BlueStarlight »

I don't know how to do the fancy link thing... I tried last night, and I was doing something wrong... anyway. Here are my babies!

Corporal on his 2nd birthday back in October- http://i332.photobucket.com/albums/m346 ... -08010.jpg

Baldwin, the Old Man, last Christmas- http://i332.photobucket.com/albums/m346 ... 07-015.jpg

We are doing some Christmas shopping today! After that, we'll get the tree up! Now that the weather has gotten cold here in Texas, it feels more like the Season to me! Now we just have to worry about idiot drivers!
LadyDi
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by LadyDi »

oleander wrote:LadyDi, my view of Jasper wasn't the military one, it was more he was trying not to breathe in Bella's scent and that's why he was so stiff...same with at the school...he looked (to me) like he was trying to control the intake of scent. It's okay though if you don't agree. Everyone perceives things differently and that's what makes us the cool chicas that we are.
Oops! :oops: My apologies oleander (I am going to need to keep notes so I can reference the origin of gutter ideas - wait, that's what the wiki's for - me duh! :? ) - good things vamp don't need to breathe to live. I agree with you though that we can have different views and that's okay. (Take note, those who want to flame someone for views that differ from their own.) I really liked Jasper's character in the book, so I was hoping to get the same vibe in the film.
This banner is designed by the one-of-a-kind talent known on the Lex as Fry. Thanks!
Wingtear
Playing Thunderball

Post by Wingtear »

Since I've missed them entirely, I'll do them now.

QOTD's:

Screensaver / Desktop Wallpaper
I surf off of D's computer, either his stationary or laptop. They both have images from his favorite manga-series. I think it's called "soul eater".

What To Do On A Sad Day
Wallow. Cry. Wishing it would all end. Feeling bad for wanting to die. Getting anxious about dying. Fearing not being able to watch over my loved ones when I'm dead. Roll up in bed. Wallow. Cry... so on, so on...

What I'm Doing This Weekend
Having depressions. Bad. There have been a birthday party and some nice food.

Movie News
D promised to take me see the movie on our honeymoon.

Twilight Style
Unfortunately and regretfully I'm Bella, with just a little more tenacity.

State Name
Don't exist here. Some have the country's name as surname. Quite common.

ETA:
About pets... here's my green one and my black'n grey one.
Last edited by Wingtear on Sat Dec 06, 2008 1:11 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Banner and avatar by the amazing MRK
nissanmama
Officially Bitten!

Post by nissanmama »

*sniffs nose* It's snowing! Weeeeee! First real snow of the year. The kinds that sticks. Of course we'll all full of plans today. Not sure what to cancel and what to embrace. Back here in my little woods I forget the rest of the city does do a pretty good job of keeping the roads clear. *itches nose*

A friend of mine, the one who originally bit me, has a daughter that works at the movie theater. She can get us in for $1 and we were going to see Twilight again today. *sneezes...twice* I've only seen it once so I'm anxious to see it again. LG wants to play at a friends house in the opposite direction. *sneezes again*

T-pa is flying home from a business trip and will have to drive home from the airport. I think the first snow is always the most dangerous while people adjust their driving. *starts scratching arms and face*

Sorry guys, but I'm afraid I have to leave. My allergies are going crazy in here with all your animals. Who knew we had such a menagerie? I'm a dog person myself, but you have to understand the allergies in my house are such that when we built this house, we had it entirely done with wood floors...even inside the closets. The basement guestroom has carpet and the laundry room and bathrooms have tile, but other than that...all cleanable wood. We rarely open the windows. We have a whole-house air filter and some smaller ones in individual rooms. Blinds where necessary, very few drapes, mostly naked windows against the woods. My house is a hermetically sealed bubble. Even the Christmas tree is fake. I think when I die T-pa, who has virtually no allergies, will get a really big, really slobby dog, open all the windows at the same time, and eat peanut butter with a spoon from the jar.

In honor of all your animals today's PSD is straight from 1943. Dennis O'Keefe was the original "changling" as The Leopard Man. I haven't seen this one even on AMC. Has anyone else? According to the plot synopsis on imdb, I can't tell if the leopard man is a good guy or a bay guy. Our changlings are good guys. :twisted:
https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/p ... directlink
40-something and feeling a little like Mrs. Cope.
Banner by Fry
cullengirl
Cataloging the Cullen Library

Post by cullengirl »

oleander wrote: Tonight, though, i'm going to bed with Vishous--very soon. I'm exhausted.
Be sure to ask him to tuck you in and make you a cup of hot chocolate. *Sigh*

LadyDi- Wearing your hubby clothes is cute and sexy.

It's snowing here too. The weatherman said it's going to be 1-3 inches, but it looks more than that and it's really sticking to the ground. Crap, I was going to get my outside errands done today. Oh well, I better hunker down and do my school work today and go out tomorrow because it's more likely the roads would be clean by tomorrow. N'mama, I will get you your cookbooks even if I have to dig out my drive way and the roads to Kinkos.

I came across this in the newspaper: Lingerie Football. I mean, seriously, can we get any lower than this?
“Darkness will never take me…because I have you. Light of my life, Marissa. That’s what you are.”-LR
Banner by the awesome, beautiful and incredible Nena!