Gutter Gals & Guys - Baking Peach Cobbler

Ambrosia
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Re: Gutter Gals & Guys - Baking Peach Cobbler

Post by Ambrosia »

LadyDi wrote:
oleander wrote:LadyDi, my view of Jasper wasn't the military one, it was more he was trying not to breathe in Bella's scent and that's why he was so stiff...same with at the school...he looked (to me) like he was trying to control the intake of scent. It's okay though if you don't agree. Everyone perceives things differently and that's what makes us the cool chicas that we are.
Oops! :oops: My apologies oleander (I am going to need to keep notes so I can reference the origin of gutter ideas - wait, that's what the wiki's for - me duh! :? ) - good things vamp don't need to breathe to live. I agree with you though that we can have different views and that's okay. (Take note, those who want to flame someone for views that differ from their own.) I really liked Jasper's character in the book, so I was hoping to get the same vibe in the film.
I was the one who pointed out the "military stance". Well, actually I have to give credit to the hubby for initially pointing that one out to me.

As Oleander so eloquently put it, it's great that there are a plethora of ideas and feelings about things. If everyone agreed on everything, there would be no good discussion, and it would just be plain boring.

I'm glad you at least gave it a second chance though! But hey, if it just wasn't your cup of tea, then that's that!

Now that you mentioned it, I also noticed none of the other vampires sparkled in the sunlight. Strange. Maybe the reason Alice and Jasper weren't sparkling when they were in Phoenix was because they weren't completely out in the sun. They were technically in the lobby, even though it was sunny. I wonder if they are supposed to sparkle whenever sunlight hits them (even through a window, etc.) or only when they're outside in direct contact with it.
Last edited by Ambrosia on Sat Dec 06, 2008 1:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Wrecking Ball Trainee of the EDC, Inc.
Emmet loves blondes!
Randomness Regular
Spooncha
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by Spooncha »

cullengirl wrote:I came across this in the newspaper: Lingerie Football. I mean, seriously, can we get any lower than this?
Gadz. I'd say I can't believe it, but I can. I already called BDE over and made him have a look. Best to get these things out there early. Plus, ruining the "sneaky" factor when it pops up later among the guys (which, of course, it will) is really, really satisfying. Good boy...he said, "I'd rather see you, sweetie!" Bless him.

AND they get cheerleaders??? Did I see that right? They should have studs out there for the sideline display! Equal treatment here, how 'bout it? "Sure, honey, you can watch the LFL! Let me know when the cheerboyz are on!"

Grrrrrrrr.
"Don't make us bite you in hard-to-reach places!"
-The Tick

http://www.myspace.com/ichamama
Misfit
I'm A Proud Twilight Guy

Post by Misfit »

So I know everyone was reading the BDB series and I took a look into it but I just couldn't pull trigger. I made a trip to the local B&N and my every so amazing friend there turned me onto another series. Has anyone read the Blue Bloods novels? The books go REALLY fast once you figure out when the author is going on another deep detailed description of clothes. Yes I said that right this story takes place in the NY Social circles so she spends a lot of time describing designer clothes. I got really annoyed with the first book as it just got too much but after about 10-15 (short 3-5 pages) chapters it got really really really good. She has a similar unique look at vampires as SM so it's not a typical vampire story. If you get a chance you should check it out and give it a bit to get there her endless clothing descriptions and character intros are hard in the beginning but then she flows pretty good with the story.

QOTD: Who do you think should play Jane in New Moon?

Misfit.
*Reading is Sexy*
Wingtear
Playing Thunderball

Post by Wingtear »

cullengirl wrote:I came across this in the newspaper: Lingerie Football. I mean, seriously, can we get any lower than this?
R-D laughed his A** off when I showed him... good for him. Then he asked if it didn't hurt to do a slide-tackle without pants... :lol: or being tackled, since there weren't much padding...
Banner and avatar by the amazing MRK
cullengirl
Cataloging the Cullen Library

Post by cullengirl »

Spooncha wrote: AND they get cheerleaders??? Did I see that right? They should have studs out there for the sideline display! Equal treatment here, how 'bout it? "Sure, honey, you can watch the LFL! Let me know when the cheerboyz are on!"
You got a keeper, Spoon!

Misfit- I tried reading Blue Bloods. Bleh. I couldnt' get past pg. 25 and I slept twice through it. Give the Vampire Academy, House of Night, or the Mortal Instruments a whirl. All three are on my list to read. *Sigh* Someday I'll get there.

QOTD: The first person that popped into my head was Dakota Fanning. She creeps me out from some reason. Otherwise I always pictured a young Christina Ricci (i.e. her Wendy in the "Addams Family") was my Jane.
“Darkness will never take me…because I have you. Light of my life, Marissa. That’s what you are.”-LR
Banner by the awesome, beautiful and incredible Nena!
twilightmom
Fishing with Charlie

Post by twilightmom »

QOTD: I've actually never seen her work, but Saoirse Ronan fits my idea of Jane. I also think Dakota Fanning would be great. But, I wonder if any big names will be placed in the cast. Has anyone heard what the NM budget will be? I have to imagine it will be more than Twilight, but the actors (Rob, Kristen) will also cost more. I think in order to keep the same "feel" of the movie, they won't want to choose A-list actors.
Banner created by the incredibly talented Nena! THANK YOU, MY FRIEND!
nissanmama
Officially Bitten!

Post by nissanmama »

twilightmom wrote:Has anyone heard what the NM budget will be?
The only figure I've heard quoted, and this was totaly hearsay, was triple the budget they had originally planned. I'm excited for a longer movie with better special effects. Ya'll were right...the movie was so much better the second time! It was easier to sit back and enjoy it rather than pick it apart. I picked up on a lot of nuances that I missed the first time and some quieter dialog that I missed too. For instance, when SM gets her order in the diner, the waitress actually addresses her as "Stephenie." Edward actually smiles more than Bella does! We brought a newbie with us and it was fun to watch her.

QOTD: I really like Twimom's pick for Jane. A couple of others who are probably too old now are AnnaSophia Robb and Julia Winter. Both were in Charlie and the Chocolate Factory in 2005. I actually don't remember what the books say, but Jane always had darker hair in my head.
https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/p ... directlink
40-something and feeling a little like Mrs. Cope.
Banner by Fry
Feathers
Lusting for Blood

Post by Feathers »

Hiiiii!

I have been SO out of it lately. Like, I'd miss a day and be so far behind, then I'd miss two days... and blah. I'm not going to even try and catch up, but I AM going to try and be around more. Both Bac and GNE were very sweet and both PM'ed me to ask how I was doing and it just really, really cheered me up and inspired me to try to jump back into the craaaazy gutter.

So I'm back! And hi to everyone, and hi to anybody new, and my two cents on the Twilight Movie: Definitely thought it was better than the previews let on. Sure it's not the book, but I loved it just the same. Haven't seen it a second time, I'd like to, but I'm poor. (College! Yay for an increase in tuition! Again! :roll: ) But I'm totally getting it on DvD when it comes out.

So... hi! And I'll try and follow along and stay caught up this time.

Much love,
Ren
She used to be human, and then it changed. How did she die? Why did she meet James? One couple’s unlikely love story is another person’s untimely tragedy. Ashes
Ren's newest story!
Goodnight Elizabeth
Lusting for Blood

Post by Goodnight Elizabeth »

Welcome back, Ren! Your posts are always interesting, witty, and sometimes offbeat. I miss them. Boo on the raising of tuition.

I'm wanting to take a class this spring at my alma mater, and they aren't listing the schedule of classes online. What is this? 1989? The classes were always listed online when I was a student - all my 6 years. One of my colleagues is retiring, and I'm trying to get my degree refreshed, so I will have a better shot at her job. My next goal after this class is to get my education degree. Yuck (sorry CherryKnots, LadyDi, Dimber, & Ouisa ..and anyone else).
Squee! Thank you, Nena!
spookybell
Part of Carlisle's Clan

Post by spookybell »

missed you all... I don't know how this thread got away from me!

bluestarlight... I love your babies!!! Cute!

Wingtear.... :oops: :oops: :oops: have I missed all those QOTD too.... Such Shame!!!!!

Screensaver / Desktop Wallpaper
Ummmmm. The full size image of my banner is Wallpaper - Screensaver scrolls though all my pictures.

What To Do On A Sad Day
Wallow in my own sadness. I don't have many of them. It's quite rare.

Jane in New Moon
I have no oppinion and I don't care. I hope I like who they choose.
Dakoda Fanning would be interesting but so recognisable, don't you think. I agree she can pull off creept, especially beeing tweenish now. Also Christina Ricci... good thinking cullengirl. She could be a part of the Voultri or even another vamp.. she's a bit older now than when she played Wednsday in the Addams Family :). See you all have better ideas than me. I don't know Saoirse Ronan but from the picture... I can see it.

I bet they won't have a lot of big names in New Moon. #1, too expensive. #2 it might distract from the current authenticity. Rob and Kristen were NOT big names. I just knew Rob from Cedric and Kristen from Panic Room. I did think Cedric was cute and had no memory of Kristen in Panic Room other than Jodi Fosters Kid. I didn't really like that movie. Thought it was kinda dumb.

Anna Sophia is not bad either. Nima. Really, even if these people are not Jane, they can fill other rolls in the Vampire world....

Misfit... LOL I am laughing, imagining you in B&N.

Anyone Read "Hunger Games?" as Stephenie recomended. I just got the Audio Book from the Library (I can not add one more book to read to my list.) It's different, but really good. I actually will enjoy Reading it after I listen to it. I do wish I read it first... and I am only on disk 2... but like I said. I can add no more to my reding list. Must get through book one of BDB...

Nima... welcome back. I know you have been back but I have missed you :) - I also missed the waitress in the movie address SM as Stephenie.

Welcome back Ren!

edited to add the following instead of double posting...
I homeone posts again so I don't double post.... I'll check first...

Destini... Capone is DARLING!!!!!! I have 2 cats, I love all cats.
GNE... Pretty Lola!!! Poor Butterbean :(
Oleander... Mr. Knuckles reminds me of you LOL
Kymberli... pumpkin rocks!

My Pets:

Ginny Hamturo
Hamish the cat Meets Salem
The cat who is where you want to be.
i wish

QOTD: from a while ago... I can't think of a state to be named after. It also creeps me out a little because I think of Bryce Dallas Howard, wo was either concieved in Dallas or, more likley born in Dallas. All Ron Howard's children have middle names corrolated to their birth places.

oh... another QOTD: what twilight character has the closest style to your? and which character do you wish you had her style?

I'd say Bella for both. Except I'm not a size 1... I mean a zero... I'm down with being comfortable and casual (I like to dress up and play Alice a few times a year)

*total side note* I am watching E! and it's Best and Worst of Beach Bodies. It was background noise for most of the time. Personally I think these's shows are crap but I love watching them. I am not into being mean to people for how they look (except OJ...and Scott Petterson... they deserve all the thrown tones... people should throw more) and some of the people are being compared to thier prime youth and G-d like qualities and their worst. It's kinda funny. Mean and rude and awful and disrespectful and mean spirited and entertaining... They are making fun of Val Kilmer... Poor guy.

then I was sidetracked
by this in the val kilmer pictures (go figure).

Okay - Feel caught up to the best of my ability....

for now :)
Sometimes I am not satisfied with my signature!