Gutter Gals & Guys - Baking Peach Cobbler

Destani
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Re: Gutter Gals & Guys - Baking Peach Cobbler

Post by Destani »

That's awesome, Oleander! Just be yourself and have fun.

Twilightmom - That Santa can stuff your stocking anytime. That was so dirty. I love it. :twisted:

I love everybody's Christmas trees. I keep all of my fragile ornaments high on my tree and the sturdier ones at the bottom because of my animals. My artificial tree has just barely enough space under it for my dog to fit in and when he is running around the house playing, he'll dive under the tree and send it spinning.

QOTD: That's hard because I really love trees. It's difficult to narrow it down. I've always wanted a Japanese Maple alongside a traditional Japanese Koi pond.
I get very sentimental around Dogwoods because they were my grandfather's favorite tree and he's buried under one. I go visit his grave every spring when the dogwoods are in bloom.
Although I typically hate pink, I adore Cherry trees.
I am simply in awe of Redwoods.
I love Birch trees in the fall.
Darn, can't do anymore links. I also love Weeping Willows, Bamboo forests, and I could go on and on.
Images courtesy of: http://robbuz.deviantart.com/
Goodnight Elizabeth
Lusting for Blood

Post by Goodnight Elizabeth »

BSL: All of my kitties are outside animals. I can't have any pets inside. I take allergy meds, but nothing really helps against the animal stuff.

Oleander: Good luck!! As long as you are your witty self, you will have an amazing time, and so will your date. I agree with Vampman, you will be expected to give us a play by play of the date.

Thanks, CG , for the shout-outs about my playlist. I promise to work on 1985-89 this week.
Squee! Thank you, Nena!
spookybell
Part of Carlisle's Clan

Post by spookybell »

nissanmama... I am so hapy to crack you up :) I can't believe I said glitter t*ts. I really was refering to the hairless look. Hmm.. I'll go back and see when I posted that. I have become an insomniac latley. To take medication that should help my sleep. It does not not make me so tired but it makes my spellling and gramatical errors badder than they are.

I am halfway through BDB book 1... I wana go to the gym again to read...

I am a Jew and I kNOW that Santa is real... that's why it pisses me off he never came to the Jewish homes.

stupid Lamd and all trying to make a fancy link...
Quote a previous quote and y
Addicted... you have seen it 10 times. for real...!ou will see how it is done.
Lynzeee - I fear you may have been an inner perv and twilight halped it come out. I'ne had a mini perv in me too * :oops: When I was like 14 - my friends and I would write the most hot stories abot our boyfruiend crushes. I am shocked to look and see I wa 14!

I am already Having Thor anqieties. He's the blond night?
Sometimes I am not satisfied with my signature!
oleander
Ignoring Renee's E-Mails

Post by oleander »

yay spookytwin! I knew you'd eventually get into BDB! it takes a little while but once you're in, you're in! Danya said that she's read the first chapter and it hasn't really drawn her in much...it reads too Vin Diesel-y for her. I told her to persevere and it would pay off. I hope she agrees.

I wish I could bring myself to read BDB at the gym. I just blush too much to read it in public. I think i've caught myself drooling by times too, so really, i'm better off reading it at home, in the confines of my bed, where no one but the cat can mock my prudiness and the steam coming off my head.
nissanmama
Officially Bitten!

Post by nissanmama »

T-pa started reading the Insider's Guide last night. He didn't get emotional (at least that he would admit to) over Z and Bella's story. I don't think he's actually finished it, but he's within ten pages. I think I was really emotional over it because it paralelled the birth of LG in many ways. He's a special needs kid. Keep a hopeful thought for him today. We see the orthopedist to find out about his next surgery. It will be the sixth on his bones. He's nine years old. When your child gets diagnosed with not one, but two truly rare diseases, it makes a parent seriously doubt themselves.
oleander wrote:So here's where I'm torn. I want NM to be made because I need to see it. I don't want NM to be made because i'm scared that they're going to royally screw it up.
Isn't that exactly what we said about Twilight??? I'm married to a Jacob and NM is where I fell in love with Bella's Jacob. I want all the Edward lovers to love Jacob too. My fear is that they'll make a true antagonist out of Jacob. That they'll make him out to be more sinister and manipulative than he actually is for a sixteen year old kid.
cullengirl wrote:I can only imagine what trouble you two have gotten into at 3 am, but I'm sure it will pale in comparison as to what actually happened.
Well, let's just say that when we weren't strung out on NoDoz, there was this time that we were without pants in the fountain in front of the Talmage building... So now add back the NoDoz...
spookybell wrote:I am a Jew and I kNOW that Santa is real... that's why it pisses me off he never came to the Jewish homes.
My boss is Jewish and her husband is Christian. The two of them together crack me up. You should see her house this time of year. She's a wonderful, generous soul and feircely loyal to those she loves. (Don't ever get on her bad side!) I think her house looks more Christmas than mine and I leave no room unmarked by the season. Plus, between the two holdays, it gives her an excuse to shop eight times a much! To answer your BDB question, Thor has dark hair in a "brush cut" and gives off a military air.

I loved everyone's tree pictures yesterday. Really beautiful choices. I've added a few to my wish list for my woods. Eventually I want to have a Secret Garden back there. Not a walled one, but a hidden one through the foliage.

QOTD: Describe something that happened for which you have no explanation.

PSD: I went looking for Frosty the Snowman today and found some really, um, interesting images. None that I can share here. So having finished DH #7 this morning, I give you Valerius, who may be my new favorite. Gotta love a gentleman who can kick assets. Starting #8 today! (Una, have you started #2 yet? Nena how far along are you?)
https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/p ... directlink
40-something and feeling a little like Mrs. Cope.
Banner by Fry
VampLover
Learning to Love Green

Post by VampLover »

Ok so I had to share this with you guys. I went to my company christmas party last night. It was held at a steakhouse. Everything was fine til they brought out dessert. What may you ask was for dessert? Yes thats right Peach Cobbler!! I kid you not. Luckly there was also Blackberry Cobbler, because I don't think I could have eaten the Peach without giggling in front of all my colleagues.
As long as I was on my way to Hell - I might as well enjoy the journey.
BlueStarlight
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by BlueStarlight »

I am not quite sure how I feel about Hardwicke not directing NM. Given the glaring omissions of Twilight, I'm a bit worried about the content of NM. I've heard that the script was finished before Twilight opened (?). There are no real details given as to why CH won't be directing, other than time restraint. I haven't seen any of the other movies she's done, so I don't have anything to compare Tw to.

My concerns for NM are much the same as Oleander's... Edward's absence is pivotal to the story as a whole; Bella needs to feel that "hole" in order to realize how deep Edward's love is for her- this is how she finds out who she can't live without. This book is perfect- she hears Edward's voice in her head when she does something stupid- easily done with voice-over; they can't leave that out. We the audience need to feel that absence, too. It will disappoint me if they "fill in" Edward's time and show us what he is going through; they can do flash-backs when he's telling her after they get home from Italy. Again, if they make NM from Bella's POV like Tw, I feel that they need to leave Edward out of the picture until Volterra. We need to feel that "he's not coming back, you have no idea where he is, try to move on with your life" time that Bella is going through. The phasing of the wolf-pack is going to be the most difficult thing to do; it has to look real, or fans will be bashing this new director to no end! I'm looking forward to seeing who they cast as the Volturi and Jane!!
bac
Mesmerized by her own Dr. Cullen

Post by bac »

I am one of those that loves the book NM as well. I love Jacob and I agree that he needs to be lovable, not antagonistic. Just watching Taylor Lautner smile his "Jacob sunshine smile" would be good :D .

Nissanmama, good luck to LG today. I hope that you all can deal with whatever decisions are made. LG is very brave.
by Laniyeah on photobucket
cullengirl
Cataloging the Cullen Library

Post by cullengirl »

I worked on my project last night for about 2-3 solid hrs. I'm pretty much done with the first half. I have to revise again and then I'm going to move on to the second part. Knowing me, I'll keep changing it until I get it "perfect". Stupid, type A personality.

Afterwards, I made myself a cup of Swiss hot cocoa and thought about V. I read a few more pages into my book that I was reading and then again thought about V tucking me in. At exactly, 9:30 pm I feel asleep like a log. I got up at 6:50 am and I had to be at work at 7:30 am. Yikes!

Thankfully, Chicago didn't get hammered by the previous reported 8-12 inches of snow. It's raining here now and it's currently in the 40s. It's suppose to snow this afternoon and into tonight - 3 to 6 inches.

N'mama: I'm sorry to hear about LG. He and the rest of you will be in my prayers. I hope all goes well with the doctor visit.
nissanmama wrote: Well, let's just say that when we weren't strung out on NoDoz, there was this time that we were without pants in the fountain in front of the Talmage building... So now add back the NoDoz...
Ok, you don't want to know the scenarios that I come up with as to why you two were pantless. :lol:

Vamplover- LOL, that was awesome! I have to avoid peaches at all cost ever since reading BDB, which is a shame because I did like them before they became so dhirrty.

QOTD: Describe something that happened for which you have no explanation.

I was just asked by a teacher if her class can decorate my office door. Of course, I can't put up the hip dents pics. It is a school afterall. :roll:
“Darkness will never take me…because I have you. Light of my life, Marissa. That’s what you are.”-LR
Banner by the awesome, beautiful and incredible Nena!
oleander
Ignoring Renee's E-Mails

Post by oleander »

vamplover that's hilarious! i think i would have totally lost the plot! i have a hard enough time walking by the peaches in the grocery store, let alone have to deal with face-to-face with peach cobbler in a social situation.

NiMa, i'm sending some healing and healthy thoughts your way today. I hope that LH gets a good report from the doctor. That's a lot of surgery for such a young fella.

OME guys, i'm freaking out about tomorrow night. i got a message from the guy this morning and we've finalized the time and place. i'm so scared he's going to walk in, see me and run, or i'm going to get crazy nervous and ramble like a fool. all of my friends have made me promise not to talk about Twilight or the smutty vampires that i'm obsessed with right now because i'll scare him off. that freaked me out too because i don't have much else to talk about. sad, i know. my co-workers have helped me pick out an outfit and i'm really wishing my hair appointment was tomorrow instead of Thursday. My hair is nasty right now...it's a washed out pinkish colour (stupid Herbal Essences hair dye!)