Gutter Gals & Guys - Baking Peach Cobbler

VampLover
Learning to Love Green

Re: Gutter Gals & Guys - Baking Peach Cobbler

Post by VampLover »

una wrote:VampMan, I saw that series on her website (when I went to check out Academy to see if I wanted to read it or not). Is it really good? The covers kind of scared me off (and I should know better due to P/C), but the writing and mythology is good?
I think you meant me, vamplover, I should change it its too close to vampman.
(I was also the one with the peach cobbler story, and I would love to hear about your story.)

I think the writing is pretty good, the mythology eh, you have to believe that demons and angels would drink together and hang out. Its not as good as others I've read, but I enjoyed it.
As long as I was on my way to Hell - I might as well enjoy the journey.
una
Secret Spy for the Warden
Location: Sequestered in an alternate reality full of paranormal studs who find me irresitable!

Post by una »

I'm so sorry VampLover! Thank you for pointing out that I misquoted you, I've edited my posts. Again, so sorry!!

Don't change your name, I just need to pay better attention!

I'll check out the series, sounds interesting and if the writing is really good...well you can be forgiving in the mythology. Thanks for the tip!

I'll PM you my cobbler story...
I am the Impulsive VampVixen.
Thanks to SprtyGal and Fry for the AWESOME banner!
Misfit
I'm A Proud Twilight Guy

Post by Misfit »

Not official yet but looking like Chris Weitz might be tapped to do New Moon and Eclipse. Personally I think its a great choice despite the dismal release of Golden Compass he has a solid track record of some really good films. The special effects in Compass were solid so I think he can do the Werewolves justice. So I am hoping he accepts the job and look forward to seeing what he does with the material.

Misfit.
*Reading is Sexy*
inspired
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by inspired »

Misfit maybe you could talk all our rain here in NC to visit Una's neck of the woods. Good riddance!

Oleander Breathe...you are awesome...its going to be okay! I like the advice that Una gave you about being yourself on your best behavior. Very well stated!

QOTD: Something that happened that wasn't supposed to happen...When I was 6 yrs old my parents took me to a historical mansion/museum called Viscaya (I grew up in Miami). They were filming an episode of Miami Vice there that day and most of the main entrances/exits were blocked. According to my parents I took them by the hand and led through the servants' passageways and showed them the mansion from that perspective. Since I had never been there before they were spooked that I seemed to know where I was going :shock: . That was definately something that happened that no one expected to happen, does that count?

ETA: Thank you Misfit for keeping us up to date on all of the NM tidbits!! I am sure I speak for many when I say that it is always a treat to get the latest and greatest from our Misfit! You rock!

Nima I just read your post through many tears of understanding...my heart and my prayers are with you, T-pa, and LG. My sons are autistic and my youngest has epilepsy as well. We are a special breed of mothers, Nima, and I know that LG is truly blessed to have you as his mama. Hang in there and please keep us up to date on what the Dr. says.
Last edited by inspired on Tue Dec 09, 2008 5:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
found by MMETP, courtesy of em3228 @ photobucket
Ambrosia
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by Ambrosia »

Misfit, I can definitely see Ashley Greene as Sky. I would love to see the Blue Bloods made into films. I think they would be really interesting. I heard that the author is going to write several more books for the series, so that's pretty exciting. I just love them!

My husband and I were in the mall today and, so I naturally swung into B&N. I found the DH series and tried to convince him to buy me the first few, but he said not til I start my *hopefully soon to be* job. =( I guess it's good I have a few BDB books left to go. (Then I can start on the BDB boards!) Hmphhh!

Alright, I have to go cook dinner. The hubby will be here soon. Tacos. Ole!
Wrecking Ball Trainee of the EDC, Inc.
Emmet loves blondes!
Randomness Regular
Misfit
I'm A Proud Twilight Guy

Post by Misfit »

Well I think Blue Bloods shouldn't be made into films but rather a TV show. Think about it in this Tivo centric world it's the perfect vehicle for a network trying to get advertising dollars. I mean the author is a complete product junkie but yet she still holds it to the story so it would be really easy to put electronic product placements, car placements, drink placements, etc.. It could easily be Gossip Girl with vampires but I hate Gossip Girl still you get the idea.

I think her agency is pitching it to be optioned as a film and that's the wrong audience. Also if you think about it she picks up where SM left off in a way. Yes completely different worlds for writing and vampire world; Sky is just learning about her Vampire self and that's where Breaking Dawn kind of left off. Bella just became a vampire and we all complained we didn't get enough of Bella as the vampire. They could drag it out a bit more or make her a bit older 16 instead of 15 also point out the fact how she shouldn't exist. The third book is great a lot of cool stuff happens but she over simplifies it I would like to see more details.

Misfit.
*Reading is Sexy*
nissanmama
Officially Bitten!

Post by nissanmama »

LG's appointment went as smoothly as these things go. He had to have x-rays twice because they didn't take all the right views. The doc's verdict wasn't all good, but not as bad as we feared. He won't have to have the leg lengthening or stapling procedure this go around. He' wil be having surgery in late February or early March. Don't know how long he'll have to be in a cast. The doc said he'd decide when he gets in there if they'll put him in a knee immobilizer. Not sure if baseball will be a possibility this spring or not. He'll have surgery on three separate bones that will hopefully make life better later.

I didn't see Golden Compass so I can't comment on its direction, but if Misfit says it's good, then I have high hopes. Like I said before, the script is where my concern is.
https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/p ... directlink
40-something and feeling a little like Mrs. Cope.
Banner by Fry
Misfit
I'm A Proud Twilight Guy

Post by Misfit »

I didn't say Golden Compass was good it's a strange movie and take a bit to wrap your head around it. He does have several good movies under his belt Complete List. I think it could either way but if they keep SM interactive during the filming they shouldn't have a problem with the script.

Misfit.
Last edited by Misfit on Tue Dec 09, 2008 7:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
*Reading is Sexy*
Ambrosia
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by Ambrosia »

I agree that Golden Compass is a very strange movie. What I did like in it was the special effects. I think that director is very talented in special effects which would be great as far as the wolves are concerned, etc. I think he could do a decent job... probably better than Hardwicke, although she did fine for Twilight. Like with the HP series, I think it's fine if the directing evolves with the series. It will be critical to keep SM involved in their creative process so they can make sure to get it right.

Anyone know if they will be keeping MR on as the screen writer?
Wrecking Ball Trainee of the EDC, Inc.
Emmet loves blondes!
Randomness Regular
cullengirl
Cataloging the Cullen Library

Post by cullengirl »

Chris Weitz would be a weird choice. I've seen his "About a Boy", which was terrific. I loved it as much as I loved the book. I haven't seen The Golden Compass, but I do know they had to change the ending because it was too anti-Church. Actually, the Dark Materials is really anti-organized religion really, but I doubt any kids got that from the book. I've read the GC a long time ago and thought it was ok.

Ambroisa- I thought MR was good to go on the next few movies. Maybe that will change too?

N'mama- LG is one brave kid. You guys are in my prayer and I hope everything works out for the best.
“Darkness will never take me…because I have you. Light of my life, Marissa. That’s what you are.”-LR
Banner by the awesome, beautiful and incredible Nena!